Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

So this image was apparently on the Microsoft store showing the entire map and it sure looks like there’s a tear for another piece to be added with China on it.

Not official, so grain of salt etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Anno posted:

So this image was apparently on the Microsoft store showing the entire map and it sure looks like there’s a tear for another piece to be added with China on it.

makes quite the impression

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

How on earth would they be able to make any computer run a map that includes China? The current map and set up in even more recent games like HoI4 and Imperator slows down badly at end game, I cannot imagine doubling the amount of provinces and characters would be a good thing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Man, forget China, there may be room to expand into the Indochina peninsula.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Playing Africa is going to own even harder now

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The map should be torn in all directions to telegraph the China, Americas, sub-Saharan Africa, and Santa's Workshop expansions.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Funky Valentine posted:

The map should be torn in all directions to telegraph the China, Americas, sub-Saharan Africa, and Santa's Workshop expansions.
Sunrise, Sunset, Sunny and Santa Invasion DLCs. Hire me, Paradox.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there a command to cull all off-map titular kingdom courts? I'm doing an all-nomad shattered world game and everything becomes unplayably laggy 50 years in because every defeated khagan retains their kingdom level clan and goes to live inside a pocket dimension with their increasingly large courts

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
After the viking conquest of Germany, the Pope declared another crusade against me. Even though the crusaders no longer outnumbered the combined Germanic forces, I still lost because I was besieged from every side and every county lost added like 20% warscore to their side.

I said "gently caress it" and reloaded an earlier save from while the crusade was being planned, and declared my own Great Holy War for Italy. This apparently freaked out the pope, who instead declared a Crusade for Wales, which also distracted enough Catholics that I could take over Italy.

Now Italy is being taught the virtues of the Norse pantheon, while its king went on to claim the title of king of Valencia, a travesty of a kingdom comprising at least 8 separate enclaves. It's the main holdout of Catholicism in Iberia, which is evenly split between that, Sunni and Orthodoxy. The other major Catholic powers are France, Lotharingia and Aquitaine in the west, the impressive empire of Bulgaria and Kingdom of Estonia in the east, and Egypt and Jerusalem in the middle east.

My next step is to sack Rome and send the Pope packing, but I've hit critical mass and cannot seem to get below 90% threat because my subject kingdoms are constantly expanding. Typing this has inspired me to try it, will report back if the entire world rallies to his defense.

E: Well, that was quick. I had -100% warscore at the start of the war, due to the amount of sieges my subjects had currently lost across their many, many wars. That seems sort of unfair.

E2: Also, is there a way to get rid of the "X has joined/left the defensive pact against you" notification? They're drowing out the actually useful messages.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 14, 2020

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Anno posted:

This is cool but also

Asehujiko posted:

Is there a command to cull all off-map titular kingdom courts? I'm doing an all-nomad shattered world game and everything becomes unplayably laggy 50 years in because every defeated khagan retains their kingdom level clan and goes to live inside a pocket dimension with their increasingly large courts

So I'm kind of skeptical about drat near doubling the map size on a technical level.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

E2: Also, is there a way to get rid of the "X has joined/left the defensive pact against you" notification? They're drowing out the actually useful messages.

If it's a popup, there should be a box in the corner. If it's in the message center, right click on it.

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 14, 2020

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Dwesa posted:

Sunrise, Sunset, Sunny and Santa Invasion DLCs. Hire me, Paradox.

May 14th, 2020 is a day I will always remember. It was the day I became cynical, bitter, and distraught. You may call it an overreaction for me to feel this way simply because of the business practices of a single video game company, Somethingawful poster, but let me explain what all of this means to me.

My life was thrown off balance and I never regained my footing after that day, because I lost my ability to respect. An essential part of being human is to feel respect for those who may or may not be deserving of it. But it is equally human to feel painful disillusionment when someone or something you respected turns out to be much less than you thought. But the level of betrayal I felt when Dwesa announced the new DLC tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJZ4EiXRlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QF263PfGI

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

September first! :bisonyes:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

:allears:

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I'm a sucker so I'm going to pre-order for the bonus HRE hats.

Also I've liked most things they've shown so far, so eh...

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
“They tore away my ability to feel human” is one of the top ten copypastas of all time imo

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Weavered posted:

New thread title! We’re well overdue one now.

I think we can just keep using this thread title, and then make a new thread for CK3 in... about 4 months.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
According to the IGN preview posted today:

quote:

Crusader Kings 3 features a toggleable option for full frontal nudity for adult characters including all relevant anatomy

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

:eyepop:

Really chasing that cyberpunk dong money.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Oh? Will there be events where a naked character gets surprised by assassins? Sex scenes? I don't get why there has to be nudity, but I won't be put off by it, either.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I have decided to assume it's not contextual at all and if you switch the toggle, everyone will just be naked all the time forever.

You'd better believe I'm flipping that switch.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
This is just going to make the children of castrated characters even less believable.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Oh? Will there be events where a naked character gets surprised by assassins? Sex scenes? I don't get why there has to be nudity, but I won't be put off by it, either.

Nudism is one of the traits you can add to a heretical/reformed religion.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Cease to Hope posted:

Nudism is one of the traits you can add to a heretical/reformed religion.

And one of the religions, the Adamites, start with it!

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Nudity toggle will be like console command toggles.. a good way to check for bugs. For example, if you castrate a character you can check if he was really castrated or if the the decision is bugged!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Veryslightlymad posted:

This is just going to make the children of castrated characters even less believable.

I'm fairly certain castration isn't hereditary.

E:

Various Meat Products posted:

If it's a popup, there should be a box in the corner. If it's in the message center, right click on it.

Also, found it, cheers. I right clicked a bunch of things, but right clicking the text itself seemed to do the trick.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Game is leaning hard into Medieval Barbie territory imo I say as I buy special clothes for my characters and toggle nudity before smooshing them together.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gently caress yeah.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is gonna interact real well with the sex mods that have dick sizes as traits

here's hoping for a bug like in bannerlord where all the dudes get maxed out beefy, but for dicks

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im personally excited for cyberpunk and ck3 to lead the charge in making video game much more horny

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
From the Steam thread, more free CK2 DLC:

Det_no posted:

Speaking of Crusader Kings II, the Horse Lords expansion is free for a limited time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/354330/Expansion__Crusader_Kings_II_Horse_Lords/

Now you too can play a horse and conquer Britannia or whatever it is you do in CK II.

I've been able to get three DLCs free now (Old Gods, Reapers Due, and now Horse Lords.) Are there any others they typically make free? I think I saw Sword of Island or Sons of Abraham free at one point, but I missed out on it. I'd really like to get Legacy of Rome so I can have retinues.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 14, 2020

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Animated portraits confirmed!

Man I can't get over how good the UI looks. Really feels like a massive leap compared to the current generation of paradox games.

This preview has some actual gameplay videos in btw in case anyone missed them (I almost did)

quote:

Horses are great on the open field, but will be at a disadvantage against lighter troops in dense woods and marshes that make up much of the less-developed tribal areas in the earlier start date.

do you think this is implying that terrain type could change? Like woods might become fields as the holding gets more developed? that would be cool

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Meneth clarified on the Crusader Kings Reddit that dongs and vaginas will not be in, they'll be covered by a fig leaf. Tits will be in, if the option is allowed, but that's it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

fuf posted:

This preview has some actual gameplay videos in btw in case anyone missed them (I almost did)

And its well-worth watching. Though the video is only six minutes long and the player kind of zooms around a bit, the game is absolutely beautiful in motion. Seeing it is starting to allay some of my concerns.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Meneth clarified on the Crusader Kings Reddit that dongs and vaginas will not be in, they'll be covered by a fig leaf. Tits will be in, if the option is allowed, but that's it.

COWARDS

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Vichan posted:

And one of the religions, the Adamites, start with it!

A branch of Jainism does as well.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Well then what's the point of anything

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

Preorder canceled.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

CapnAndy posted:

Well then what's the point of anything

They've got to leave the modders something to do I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I think I'm gonna love playing in the new areas, since they seem to be dominated by a bunch of counts and count fights are my favorite part of CK2.