Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Radirot posted:

remember 2019? I sure dont.

That was that month that ww3 almost kicked off, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

what if i told you the pandemic isn't contagious

https://twitter.com/ColleenHuberNMD/status/1253280567128289281

let's have a show of hands

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

skewetoo posted:

that was 2020

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the real loving question is if personal air travel was cut by loving 95% over the last month+ who the gently caress is flying all the time and why. what the gently caress is the business air travel for? i know all mine was horse poo poo but I guess it really was across the board

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Air travel is going to continue to suck for many years

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a..._campaign=share

sure things are bad but, at least we don't have to worry about unions

quote:

“The poor aircraft are there like rabbits in an adoption center, saying ‘Please, take me! Take me!’ Interest rates are practically zero. With the oil glut, people are practically paying you to take their fuel. And the crew’s interest in joining unions or arguing has also disappeared. It would be the best of times …”

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Dustcat posted:

Dr Andy Kaufman :thunk:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

if all you do is holler "BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE POOR WHITE PEOPLE" I guess you can technically say it's :airquote: not racist :airquote:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Dustcat posted:

andy kaufman is alive??

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

My last movie was Sonic so thats an alright way to say goodbye imo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

i think youll find that all police are on the same side as that dude

i agree. just saying the SD Sheriffs are incredibly bad. significantly more than average. every one is a raging rear end in a top hat.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kaleedity posted:

the real loving question is if personal air travel was cut by loving 95% over the last month+ who the gently caress is flying all the time and why. what the gently caress is the business air travel for? i know all mine was horse poo poo but I guess it really was across the board

it’s to get away from your family

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

net work error posted:

Man....

I mean...I hear Sonic's not bad but....I feel bad.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

net work error posted:

gotta die fast

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Dustcat posted:

I'm not clicking that video, logged in or logged out, lest it contaminate my recommendations for any site that is invasive in that way

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

skewetoo posted:

lol that was january

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/tortondo/status/1260662901943275521

in spain the protests against whats left of the lockdown are attended mainly by upper class people in the most expensive areas of madrid

usually they make noise with pots and pans but today someone classied it up and banged a golf club against a road sign instead

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:chloe:

Portnoy's Whiteboard: guess he's trying to make a 'joke'

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Flesh Forge posted:

it's just the flu it's just pneumonia bro :shrug:

The big drop in all categories between the last two weeks is curious, even taking into account that it reflects people's exposure to risk last month.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Flesh Forge posted:

it's just the flu it's just pneumonia bro :shrug:

Lmao most years the US has 50k pneumonia deaths, we're already at 78K thisisfine.jpeg

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Quote is not edit

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

are you sure they died OF pneumonia, and not WITH pneumonia

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I hate American businesspeople. via the Texas Tribune:

Sure, we could let you be tested, but it's the wrong kind of testing! The kind that might suggest your employer is a hotspot.

They said no, we can't test their extremely vulnerable workers who have already had a workplace related death. What more can we possibly do, as the state government responsible for the health and safety of its constituents?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

eric ciaramella posted:

Dr Andy Kaufman :thunk:

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Lolie posted:

The big drop in all categories between the last two weeks is curious, even taking into account that it reflects people's exposure to risk last month.

The chart reflects lagtime in reporting deaths, so in a few weeks I'm sure the week of 5/2 and 5/9 will be at or above 100% of expected deaths.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

My dumbshit Arizona county opened up public places on Monday, and on Tuesday we had the biggest spike of new cases. It's very cool, and smart! :thumbsup:

Carlton Banks Teller has issued a correction as of 22:21 on May 13, 2020

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Raiad posted:

are you sure they died OF pneumonia, and not WITH pneumonia

As an offhand guess I'd suspect pneumonia -> septic shock is the primary pathway for death in covid.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/PhilippineStar/status/1260460802164895748

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the rear end in a top hat knows how to make money off a posting gimmick, gotta respect the game

oh no I've become the dril isis tweet

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

snoo posted:

gently caress retail and gently caress customers

:hai:

For actual content, I run a retail shop and long ago mandated that everyone who works here remain home under fully paid leave (everyone besides me has underlying health issues), so I'm the only one who physically goes in to work. It's been like this since idk, mid-March, made the decision days before the state had initially shut down. Seems like it's been forever, hellworld fuckin sucks.

Currently we're only offering online & phone orders and contact-less curbside pickup (and curbside only started back up in the last week or so). The only person I have any interaction with is the USPS guy, and we're both masked up.

Starting to get calls from an increasing number of Karens tho who "just want to come in and shoooop!" :byodame:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol hogan is opening maryland up on friday gently caress me

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dustcat posted:

seems to me an employer doesn't have the legal authority to refuse medical procedures or tests on behalf of his employees

half of them have insurance policies that pay out when you die

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/bs-md-pol-stay-at-home-20200513-lzdziypfbrcybmanwqard4tp5u-story.html

quote:

Gov. Larry Hogan announced Wednesday he is lifting Maryland’s stay-at-home order effective at 5 p.m. Friday as the state has seen a slight two-week decline in hospitalizations due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Hogan said he is replacing the order with a “Safer at Home” advisory that will not be enforced by the rule of law. It allows manufacturing, retail, haircuts and worship services to resume with limitations.

“Marylanders will no longer be required to stay at home, but are strongly advised to stay at home, particularly older and more vulnerable Marylanders,” Hogan said. “If you can work from home, you should continue to do so. You should continue wearing masks in indoor public areas, retail stores, and on public transportation.”

The decision means that all manufacturing may resume and retail stores may reopen at up to 50% of capacity with curbside service encouraged. Such stores include clothing and shoe sellers, pet groomers, car washes, art galleries and book stores.

Churches and houses of worship may begin to hold religious services at up to 50% of capacity, with outdoor services encouraged.

The order also means that barber shops and hair salons may open with up to 50% capacity, and by appointment only.

He says if people aren't responsible he will lock down again. Seriously do you think there won't be bad actors?

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Dustcat posted:

naturopathic medical doctor, can't argue with that

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

a helpful bear posted:

lol hogan is opening maryland up on friday gently caress me

dc and va extended! you'd think the DMV would coordinate all this but NOOOOOOOO. MD opens Friday, VA kicked two weeks, and DC kicked 8. Not to mention all the loving METRO stops they shut the gently caress down so nobody going nowhere!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rasczak posted:

Starting to get calls from an increasing number of Karens tho who "just want to come in and shoooop!" :byodame:

Do one of those online google streetmap tour-view of inside ur shop. problem solved!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Sanitizing your airline seat isn't going to do poo poo because you're surrounded by hundreds of people for hours and there's no escape from breathing in their recycled exhalations. It's just propaganda to convince people they won't die from flying, but they will definitely die from flying. I've seen my last movie in a theater and flown on my last airplane. I'm at peace with it.

:same:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Liberals = conservatives who will open everything up a week later than chudd

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

a helpful bear posted:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/bs-md-pol-stay-at-home-20200513-lzdziypfbrcybmanwqard4tp5u-story.html

He says if people aren't responsible he will lock down again. Seriously do you think there won't be bad actors?

governing by the 5 o clock news is at least better than what the middle states are loving doing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

back to work

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1260342517406588931?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

oxsnard posted:

Liberals = conservatives who will open everything up a week later than chudd