Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I love those. Nice and simple.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When Rams fans asked for highlights this isn't what they meant.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They really need white or yellow socks on the blue uni tho.

That's my one complaint about color rush unis, they have colored socks that make it look like players are wearing pajamas.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

There is no arguing about matters of taste, but the praise for the Rams new uniforms as “simple” is objectively wrong. There is not a single aspect of the uniforms (except maybe the striping on the pants) that is more simple than the Rams throwback uniforms.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Can we just go back to praising the new Chargers uniforms?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

At least the Rams went all in on being the LA Clippers of the NFL

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

OxySnake posted:

At least the Rams went all in on being the LA Clippers of the NFL

That would mean that the Chargers are the LA Lakers which makes no sense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well they are fast-break, to be fair

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

Can we just go back to praising the new Chargers uniforms?

We have so few wins these days I'll take what I can

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

That rams uniform is what arrives when you order the new chargers jersey from Wish.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My only gripes about the Rams unis are the needless gradient on the numbers and the tacky nameplate, otherwise they're fine

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Phobeste posted:

Falcons (trash)

Their uniforms suck too.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

They're both ugly

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the new Unis will look good in motion and on TV. I think most promo shots look dog poo poo for uniform reveals.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Its Rinaldo posted:

They're both ugly

uncross your eyes and turn on your drat monitor

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

BlindSite posted:

I think the new Unis will look good in motion and on TV. I think most promo shots look dog poo poo for uniform reveals.

No, those serif-font gradient numbers are going to be just as hideous on TV

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

That’s the Chargers color rush jersey. Most of the time they’ll be in powder blue.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I predict the numbers will last two years tops, maybe just one, before they're reverted while the rest of the uniform remains intact, and that will count as only a minor change and thus be allowed.

e: When I saw 90 new posts on this thread and then saw the Rams uni reveal, I legit kept scrolling the thread expecting to learn it was a twitter prank.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

I predict the numbers will last two years tops, maybe just one, before they're reverted while the rest of the uniform remains intact, and that will count as only a minor change and thus be allowed.

e: When I saw 90 new posts on this thread and then saw the Rams uni reveal, I legit kept scrolling the thread expecting to learn it was a twitter prank.

They can't change again for four years at the soonest

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's 5 years for 'major changes' I think but no way do those numbers last that long

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1260713470498164749?s=19

DBU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

They can't change again for four years at the soonest

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's 5 years for 'major changes' I think but no way do those numbers last that long

Exactly what constitutes a major change isn’t clear to me.

We’ve seen teams change minor aspects like the colors of their name plates and collars (Remember all those alternate colored ones when Nike took over in 2012?) in less than five years, but no team has changed a number style or font in a major way that I can recall. IMO, just adjusting the color of the numbers wouldn’t be a major change. Plus, it seems like the alternate uniforms have solid color numbers, and I haven’t seen their white uniforms yet. Maybe only the home blues have the gradient? They are clearly dumb enough to do poo poo like that...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a patagonian cavy posted:

uncross your eyes and turn on your drat monitor

They're stuck that way because I looked directly at that those uniforms

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
can someone please advise because what the actual gently caress

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1260776004525494274?s=20

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I don't believe that happened

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Chris Simms story is apparently that he heard this rumor but didn't follow up on it which seems...well he's not a journalist or anything but still seems like you'd be curious about something like that.

quote:

Simms would follow by sharing he never followed up on the rumor and chalked it up as a negation tactic by the Seahawks to get Wilson to eventually re-sign at a price to their liking.

Like if next year someone claims the Chiefs call whoever has the #1 pick when Trevor Lawrence is on the board you're not going to call a few contacts and see if you can find out what's up?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't disbelieve it. The Seahawks never quite seemed all-in on Wilson (they keep trying to do that run-first offense, after all) and getting a Wilson that's 75% as good on a 5 year rookie contract would let them try to pull off another 2013 run.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'm unclear on how exactly clandestinely offering him to another team in a trade is supposed to reduce his contract demands.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm unclear on how exactly clandestinely offering him to another team in a trade is supposed to reduce his contract demands.

Threatening a guy be shipped off to Cleveland is a strong arm tactic

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well I'm pretty glad Russ isn't in the AFCN personally

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Threatening a guy be shipped off to Cleveland is a strong arm tactic

Easily shut down by making it perfectly clear that under no circumstances will he play for the Cleveland Browns. Whoops, there went the trade offer!

In general though other teams being interested in your services tends to drive your asking price up, not down.

"The Seahawks thought he maybe wasn't worth that much cap space so they offered him for the #1 pick" is one thing, but "the Seahawks threatened to send him to Cleveland if he didn't lower his salary demands" is a different and much dumber thing.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol like he’d ever do that. It’d destroy his brand. Next time you play poker lmk

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I rarely click on twitter embed posts that don’t say what the gist of the story is and I need to stop doing it entirely

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Keith Atherton posted:

I rarely click on twitter embed posts that don’t say what the gist of the story is and I need to stop doing it entirely

To be fair that's more twitter's fault here for how they crop things. I mean I guess you could say Bleacher Report should be smarter about their images but it's still a failing of the app.

e: unless your point is there should be more information conveyed, but at the same time really that's all there is to the story. Chris Simms claimed a thing happened and offered no real supporting evidence.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 14, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Watching the Ravens/Chiefs 2019 and it's weird remembering that at this point of the season I was still excited about LeSean McCoy.

Like if you look at his stats he still appears pretty effective in a limited role, but really it seems like it was all scheme watching one of his good games last year. I mean I'd love to be wrong and wish him well because he's been awesome for so long, but it seems like he was still good at running against no resistance but couldn't make anyone miss anymore.

And, you know, considering he was consistently a healthy scratch at the end of the year from a player friendly coach who had reason to love him probably says more than anything I can.

e: Baltimore really got screwed on penalties this game. Other than a few jukes Lamar was actually bad this game though, I haven't watched every Ravens game from last year but a bunch of his positive throws in this particular game are just throwing up ducks that his receivers play better than the DBs. In before AFC North thread libel of Jackson because I note this about a guy who was generally awesome.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 14, 2020

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lol

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1260775469735084032?s=19

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

:lol:

I don’t think they’re that bad. Colors are good but why gently caress with the horn design on the helmet? I still don’t get that. I’m a graphic designer and that and the gradient just smack of a designer tossing random poo poo out there and a committee of clients making the decision. Like there wasn’t a coordinated design plan

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had no idea people have such strong feels about color gradient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Let’s check in on the cheeseheads hours after their stay at home mandate was struck down by their Supreme Court.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/wisconsinites-flock-to-bars-after-supreme-court-overturns-stay-at-home-order-83445317632

Oh yeah the season is 100% starting on time and with fans.