Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Basically the case was thrown out for a number of reasons. The chief among them was what they were seeking wasn't a matter that should have been dealt with by Judicial Review, but instead was something that should have been done in a full hearing with witnesses and evidence.

It is the legal equivalent of "Sir, this is a McDonalds."

Also the judge saying "despite what politics has become, using unsubstantiated claims, allegations of conspiracy and calling the other sides Nazi's is not a substitute for evidence. "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It seems that he's put it on the legal record that their "arguments" are just unhinged rants and not at all convincing to the court.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol nice

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Did they have to pay court costs?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

They put it back to consider arguments in relation to all that.

Traditionally the people who were successful just say "Costs follow the event" and that is usually enough to get the judge to award costs in their favour.
Now the State might make a tactical decision to avoid doing this if they don't want to give 5G/ Waters more ammunition to claim that they are being a persecuted minority.
Or they might decide that they are tired of conspiracy theorists/racists dicking about and say "no pay our costs with all that money you are bilking out of people."

So we'll know in the next two weeks.

On the plus side at least Waters/5G don't have any bills to pay for their representation. Because they didn't have lawyers of them all.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'd say there's no point in hitting them for charges and looking like bullies when in all reality it'll end up being covered by whichever Lich is bankrolling the pair of them.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine
It does show how they're either completely insane, just doing this for attention, or both. If they actually wanted to win the case they would presumably have engaged legal representatives to present it professionally on their behalf. Representing themselves just ensured they were guaranteed to lose.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Even if they retained Leonard J Krabs and Phoenix Wright they weren't winning that case

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
This is worse than that even. They didn't get a case to not win, they judge tossed the whole thing out because they failed to properly make the request to have a case.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

According to ISF, 5G spent last night posting the transcript of her court hearing onto Twitter to prove that the judge was biased and that he had taken her comments about Nazi Germany out of context*.

Unsurprisingly reading them only proved what the Judge had been saying and just makes her look like a mad woman.

*= Given how she stood outside the Court room and gave a speech where she compared the guards enforcing this law to German soldiers "following orders" and said that they would meet the same fate (IE Hanging) I well believe she is someone who would raise links to Nazi's all the time whether the situation warranted it or not.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Blut posted:

It does show how they're either completely insane, just doing this for attention, or both. If they actually wanted to win the case they would presumably have engaged legal representatives to present it professionally on their behalf. Representing themselves just ensured they were guaranteed to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF-SR2UwGQ8

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So last week McDonalds announced they would be opening six restaurants in Dublin on a phased takeaway basis.

That happened today. But they won't announce which six they opened.

Isn't that just going to make people leave their house, to check if their nearest McD's are open? Isn't that a bit irresponsible?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
McDonald’s confirms its six Dublin drive-thrus returning to business from 11am today:

Nutgrove
Kylemore Road
East Wall
Artaine
Malahide Road
Tallaght

Thats a press release about it.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Bit weird that they opened two that are within walking distance of each other.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

All for the sake of people driving to the one that's nearest to them. They probably also expect a high volume of orders. I don't know who can't live with McDonald's, but I pity them.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah but they've ignored Swords and the greater Blanchardstown areas entirely. Swords is the 7th biggest urban area on the island by itself. Just weird that they're not aiming for maximum coverage.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The day they closed the one across the road from me had I'd say a line of 50+ cars at the drive thru lmfao

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...nturn-1.4259651

Really looking forward to the return of massive austerity, it's going to be great

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
A second run of Fine Gael led austerity will cause actual riots, especially when they are just a caretaker government.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I thought this was a good one

https://twitter.com/WhispersNewsLTD/status/1263778628413779969

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

cormac posted:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...nturn-1.4259651

Really looking forward to the return of massive austerity, it's going to be great

Thats a pretty hilarious choice of image for the article.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Luv 2 c the unelected government rush to cram their fingers into the bottle before the universal income genie can get out

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Arquinsiel posted:

Bit weird that they opened two that are within walking distance of each other.

Arquinsiel posted:

Yeah but they've ignored Swords and the greater Blanchardstown areas entirely. Swords is the 7th biggest urban area on the island by itself. Just weird that they're not aiming for maximum coverage.

I heard some Subways are opening later than others because they can't get enough supplies and staff to them.
So maybe they can deliver the lovely burgers and salt easier to these ones than the rest.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Staffing seems plausible, but I think you massively over-estimate how big Dublin is if you think there's much difference between any of the six the locations as far as a truck is concerned. If anything the Nutgrove one would be the hardest to get to, being in small road rich person land.

scumaliom
Feb 8, 2019
https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1268517269967187970?s=19

gently caress off Leo

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Really reading the mood well there.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

Its actually the best kept secret in Irish political circles that when RBB isn't standing up for the proletariat hes going around committing police brutality against minorities. Its always those you least suspect.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can’t just say and do what people want to hear and have done!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Blueshirt is Brownshirt, pikachuface.jpg

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://twitter.com/MadMarx__/status/1271059690294775809

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The middle of a leadership contest is either a great or a terrible time to do this.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No Marian finucane

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
As bad as it was to use that word, at least it was ignorance not malice.

I’m pretty shocked how Kenny never had his gaffe harm his career. Didn’t he call the first leader of independent Congo who got murdered and replaced by an American backed dictactor; “some n word who was killed”.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Pretty sure Eamonn knows he shouldn't say it by now.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

How was Ryan naive/stupid enough to think he should directly quote that? Especially at a time when hes facing a leadership heave... It boggles the mind.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah, the use-mention distinction is a thing, but you shouldn't be a professional politician, let alone a party leader, if you don't understand soundbite messaging.

Enda's "joke" would probably get him shitcanned if it happened in the last decade

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Blut posted:

How was Ryan naive/stupid enough to think he should directly quote that? Especially at a time when hes facing a leadership heave... It boggles the mind.

Yea. Just a fundamental misunderstanding of how that would play out regardless of how you personally think “things should be”. Not fit for purpose. Just embarrassing his party in public constantly

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I thought Enda's use of it was one of those using an outdated phrase when a more modern one would do. ("The N-word in the Wood Pile.") I didn't realise he had another incident.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

The Question IRL posted:

I thought Enda's use of it was one of those using an outdated phrase when a more modern one would do. ("The N-word in the Wood Pile.") I didn't realise he had another incident.

There's never just one incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

lol they gave micheál the job