Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

things are so corrupt I have no idea if this is true or not

this and the Flynn stuff I'm refusing to pay much attention to adds a nice spice of instability to the plague hellscape

if Trumpland follows through on the threat to start prosecuting people for Russiagate shenanigans, FBI and CIA types under scrutiny might start making erratic moves

Purging security services is hard for competent people when things are stable and the system is viewed as legitimate, literally none of those things would be true if Trump tries to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

My chud neighbors think it's "back to normal" the second everyone "opens er up"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Then explain why Northwest Europe is responding just as terribly as republicans, or why the Illinois county that rebelled had 80% of the Dems join the republicans in reopening
sweden isnt responding as badly as the republicans they actually have restrictions on large gatherings and the reporting that makes it sound like they arent doing anything at all is deliberate propaganda

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

indigi posted:

I can’t believe how hopping mad I am at our leaders

gently caress Wisconsin

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

COVID-420 posted:

bars and clubs open, gatherings of any size permitted open?

not officially, but honestly, I don't see a lot of enforcement (at least in the suburbs)

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By86PcLufOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/armoredgoat/status/1260052519339909120?s=21

There is no helping America, all is lost. Bernie never had a chance with people like this as the electorate.

My brother lived there for a bit and I grew up near there, no surprise

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

oxsnard posted:

My chud neighbors think it's "back to normal" the second everyone "opens er up"

"open it up" and "maga" are the new "get 'er done" chants
What is it with idiots and catchphrases that they just can't help themselves

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"open it up" and "maga" are the new "get 'er done" chants
Well, it's easier on your brain then thinking.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

customers are entitled little shits with pent up anger from not being able to abuse staff

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It seems to me to be able to abuse customer service staff like that, not only would you have to have never worked that kind of job before, but none of your friends or family had either, or else you'd have empathy for them. Are there really so many people like that?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My brother lived there for a bit and I grew up near there, no surprise

number of guns pulled on me while i was working in central pa: 2
number of guns pulled on me while working in baltimore where access was specifically noted as "SCARY, DO NOT GO AT NIGHT AND ALWAYS VISIT IN PAIRS": 0 (fun fact for people in balto region, one was a place that was like a block or two away from the safeway in canton)

gently caress that part of the country

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Samurai Sanders posted:

It seems to me to be able to abuse customer service staff like that, not only would you have to have never worked that kind of job before, but none of your friends had either, or else you'd have empathy for them. Are there really so many people like that?

welcome to america motherfucker. freedom is a hierarchy.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, it's easier on your brain then thinking.

Thinking Fast, Covid Grow

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

It seems to me to be able to abuse customer service staff like that, not only would you have to have never worked that kind of job before, but none of your friends or family had either, or else you'd have empathy for them. Are there really so many people like that?

both myself, my wife and one of my siblings have worked retail for years and years and my mom still is a goddamn bitch sometimes, no matter what we tell her

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/armoredgoat/status/1260052519339909120?s=21

There is no helping America, all is lost. Bernie never had a chance with people like this as the electorate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yiQXPOO1Yo

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

*stares at thread*

*blinks*

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

we r truly lost

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

No you can't just take my cellphone!

Haha FBI search warrant goes Burrrrrrrrrrrr

Apr 7, 2003

snoo posted:

customers are entitled little shits with pent up anger from not being able to abuse staff

This is 100% what happened at that Red Lobster

THere's no loving way she sat there for three hours

that they ran that story says they talked to her first and the staff at that restaurant were an afterthought

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

has anyone done a space movie where midway through the prolonged journey one faction decides they know better than these SCIENTISTS and can survive in vacuum

is america Event Horizon

Apr 7, 2003

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

number of guns pulled on me while i was working in central pa: 2
number of guns pulled on me while working in baltimore where access was specifically noted as "SCARY, DO NOT GO AT NIGHT AND ALWAYS VISIT IN PAIRS": 0 (fun fact for people in balto region, one was a place that was like a block or two away from the safeway in canton)

gently caress that part of the country

I worked at the old Bell Telephone (Verizon) building in downtown Baltimore for two nights and no one hosed with me or caused me any trouble.

I pulled into a driveway in WV when I was doing cable work (used to splice fiber) and some guy came out with a gun and told me he'd murder me if I didn't move.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Jeez that's chilling. The history since that has been made has showed that indeed, Obama did push America too hard, but not for the reasons that says. Rather, just by being black and asking people to accept a black present was too much.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Durf posted:

has anyone done a space movie where midway through the prolonged journey one faction decides they know better than these SCIENTISTS and can survive in vacuum

is america Event Horizon

america is avenue 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skXaeucDYHo

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

This is 100% what happened at that Red Lobster

THere's no loving way she sat there for three hours

that they ran that story says they talked to her first and the staff at that restaurant were an afterthought

I saw this earlier and while I find it to be almost defensive of these people, it makes sense imo

but also they're just horrid assholes

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Can't imagine anything that would matter less than this

Apr 7, 2003

snoo posted:

I saw this earlier and while I find it to be almost defensive of these people, it makes sense imo

but also they're just horrid assholes

That's a good description, thing is anyone with half a brain realizes that they're in a situation where their life is a consumer transaction and directs their anger at the system

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

america is avenue 5

lol guess i have to watch this now

Apr 7, 2003

Burr is old school Republican, they just want to get him out of the way to replace him with a malleable fascist

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://i.imgur.com/ZS18e8u.mp4

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

I worked at the old Bell Telephone (Verizon) building in downtown Baltimore for two nights and no one hosed with me or caused me any trouble.

I pulled into a driveway in WV when I was doing cable work (used to splice fiber) and some guy came out with a gun and told me he'd murder me if I didn't move.

lol splicers are nuts, you all just roll up to random spots looking shady as poo poo

i rolled up to a cell site in the middle of the night when it was raining its rear end off in a poo poo-rear end minivan in wv and merely had someone motion to a gun they were holding, so i was just like peace and went into one of the shelters and let the dude stand around like a moron in the rain

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/medical_xpress/status/1260664671524261894

Oops. Now all we need to close the loop is to find cases of cats transmitting back to humans.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Outdoor cats rub their butts on everything, cover several acres and gently caress and murder everywhere they go

The perfect virus vector

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

only the fancy restaurants get mannequins to make the paying stiffs feel comfortable

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cats are almost certainly a reservoir and we've known about this for at least a month, but people here will never take it seriously so we just have to hope there's no cat-to-human spread or else it's never going away

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

trump
moving against burr should signal huge warning signs

lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm ready to kill the neighborhood strays. Give me the word scientists.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
BLAT BLAT

See ya later tabby cat

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Nah Trump has little control over FBI. They still do good stuff from time to time regardless of who's in office.

Can't keep a good cop down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

BLAT BLAT

See ya later tabby cat