Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol Michelle got blanked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
michelles growing irritance mirrors my own

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Poor Michelle. She still had a hell of a season and basically completely turned around the fan perception of her.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

super well deserved

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Praise Vlachos Jesus

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i am absolutely shocked that michelle is getting hosed right now like this

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

I find the random vocalizing really jarring.

(I also just generally don't like Survivor scores, but I realize I'm alone there.)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
nat didnt deserve more votes than michelle anyway you slice, fuc kthat

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tony > Sandra

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Wendell basically being “nah, go tony” is a perfect cap to that storyline

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Michelle should have gotten a few of those Nat votes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
amber didnt vote michelle? really?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Teen survivor

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Wow we're really not getting a reunion lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I thought Michelle was gonna get at least Denise and Kim

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
Oh my god they're going to film in the US so they're going to have on teens.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Natalie really should have put michelle up against tony

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wait i missed the next season preview or mention what is this

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Who got more votes and still lost seems pretty irrelevant

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whelp, I would have enjoyed a Nat or Michelle win more but I can't be mad about a Tony win. He earned it and controlled tat end game right up until Nat got back in. And while I'm not nearly as critical of Nat's game she just didn't do enough to get the votes.

On the bright side we avoid SO MUCH anger about EoE winning again for years to come. On the flip side we now get years of "Is Tony the greatest ever?" debate and vitriol.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Natalie really should have put michelle up against tony
Idk if Mich killed Tony id say the winner needs to be Sarah or Mich

I think Nat needed to do it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

The Bloop posted:

Teen survivor

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

There is no next season preview, just Jeff saying it's coming and asking for 16-19 year olds to apply for whatever reason.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Redemption Island II - Rob Vs. Tony Vs. Sandra?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
now for the important question: who got the Sia money?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lol i was hoping that was a joke. no thank you

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There is no next season preview, just Jeff saying it's coming and asking for 16-19 year olds to apply for whatever reason.

oh okay, so survivor drought perhaps

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shneak posted:

now for the important question: who got the Sia money?

hopefully Michelle

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't think it meant anything, he just was encouraging people to try out. But if it means anything its probably that they want to follow a season of moms and dads with a season of young people.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m guessing they’re going for a kids vs. their parents season.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
man its actually really weird not having a reunion. winning a couple million bucks is cool but winning through a zoom chat is hella underwhelming. even worse, like michelle and nat there just to be relatively alone at a computer srceen a few seconds after finding out they dont win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ultimately a fun season with a real good finale and a satisfying winner, even if I thought it lost steam for me personally at the end there. It was one of the few things the last couple of months that really gave me "escape" and fun.

I hope my bad mood or contrarianism didn't hurt the night for anyone.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think it meant anything, he just was encouraging people to try out. But if it means anything its probably that they want to follow a season of moms and dads with a season of young people.

I dunno, I could almost see them running a BvW season but have it entirely parents on 1 tribe and teens on another tribe. Especially if they can't get out to a remote island resort anytime soon.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
The lack of applause and cheers as the votes come out was weird.

I usually don't make it through the reunion when they have one though, so I can't say I miss it all that much. Behind the scenes clips are cool, when you can see all the crew and cameras everywhere.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Khanstant posted:

they haven't filmed anything yet so there's nothing to preview

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I dunno, I could almost see them running a BvW season but have it entirely parents on 1 tribe and teens on another tribe. Especially if they can't get out to a remote island resort anytime soon.

I feel like even Survivor is smart enough not to want half a dozen teenagers on their show.

But they did do the race season. And the class system. And its the same channel that does Big Brother. So I guess anything is possible.

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012

Khanstant posted:

oh okay, so survivor drought perhaps

He said they were planning to still be on in the fall. It sounds to me like they're are going to have to film in the US because of covid restricting international travel but they are taking advantage of this to have younger contestants on. It reminds me of the amazing race season that was all family teams so some contestants were really young. They were only in the states for that one for that reason.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Reunions were best in the early seasons when it was a national phenomenae and there was still a lot of "social experimenting" going on. It still seems like an important cap to the show. It's just loving weird to have them go from final tribal to.... wait for X months to find out. It's one thing when theres a big live event, but in the oldest days they did it right then and there in the final tribal. jeff shouldve just predicted the pandemic and made the call to read the votes right then and there on voting day

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m guessing they’re going for a kids vs. their parents season.

Ciera voted out her mom.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Deceptive posted:

He said they were planning to still be on in the fall. It sounds to me like they're are going to have to film in the US because of covid restricting international travel but they are taking advantage of this to have younger contestants on. It reminds me of the amazing race season that was all family teams so some contestants were really young. They were only in the states for that one for that reason.

hey, that'll be the first taste of non-fiji we've gotten in ages so i'm for it. US has a lot of cool terrains to survive in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I was glad to see Sarah lose the fire making challenge.

She didn't play a great game at all. Michelle at least tried to scrap and find a way to survive from day to day, while Sarah just hid behind Tony. They weren't equals in that partnership. Tony ran the show, went behind Sarah's back to save Jeremy, who she was voting out, and she just kept on trucking as a loyal soldier following orders. She wasn't even thinking about how to win until Nat returned from the Edge and told her Tony has everyone's votes unless you do something.

Denise may have checked out at the end, but she still had thoughts of building up her resume for the end. As much as Ben sucked, he had an agenda of getting out Jeremy, and then offered himself up to help Sarah build her resume. What did Sarah do on her own?