Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Admiral Ray posted:

i've been posting nonstop in cspam for like 5 years and i feel great

rays united

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i was depressed long before cspam and i'll be depressed long after it's gone.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
personally i think we should find a way for politicians to be less Succ

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
get out there and vote imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

get out there and vote imo

THIS

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

times are tough enough without people demanding that everyone around them smile. these are outrageous times and its ok to be outraged
people keep making this argument about how we should tolerate outrageous and hostile behavior because we're in outrageous times... maybe we should be even more vigilant about not being toxic or uncharitable assholes in recognition of the fact that the people on the receiving end of our angryposting are also living through the same hellish and outrageous times that we are. e.g) perhaps we should be more worried about Gravy Jones being run out of a community he values in the middle of our hellish times for the crime of Not Liking Jokes About Infants Dying than we are about other posters not having the right to call Gravy Jones a stupid piece of poo poo even though they're really stressed and outraged about covid and neoliberalism

I'm not even saying I want people to be happy or positive, really the word I keep coming back to is comradely. i realize I'm obviously asking too much from a dead gay comedy forum but I noticed my C-SPAM posting and viewing has really slowed down in recent months and when I saw some of the discussions going around about C-SPAM I sort of realized that one of the reasons why is that half the time I log in here I see people being incredibly brutal to random, powerless people and it's honestly just not something I can really deal with right now in my own mental state. Not trying to say that the forums need to gas their most popular threads to reflect my personal taste, just wanted to share what it is that attracted me to C-SPAM in the first place and my own anecdotal sense that the forum is in some small ways losing some of that energy that made this such a gratifying place to 'discover', even as its user base swells

RaySmuckles posted:

my recollection of people encountering c-spam is that of relief and happy to have found a community with similar ideas.
I agree that this is mostly the case and it's certainly the case with me. I'm just saying that if we want this community to continue to be that way for more and more people then we will have to work at it, and dismissing any concerns that come up as a fyad/centrist/whatever conspiracy isn't helpful. I guess more to the point I'm saying that there are plenty of posters in QCS who have an axe to grind against C-SPAM but that is not the only reason why gross posts from C-SPAM are increasingly making the rounds and frankly i think it's a trend we should at least think about rather than dismissing

but also, agreed:

Oh Snapple! posted:

i was depressed long before cspam and i'll be depressed long after it's gone.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Perhaps we could focus group our posting message to maximize the engagement of our most valued lurker demographics.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
in the end... it always comes down to marketability... we must define Brand of C-SPAM.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
maybe u should tell them 2 stfu queer frasier. perhaps the answer is more brutality, brutal honesty.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
just go out guns blazing as u sink into the sixer grave, but theyll remember

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

not a sixer not ever that

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

should we spell sixer with more xes in it?

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

lol I really did hesitate about including the confused lib from the Games forum line because I knew people might not appreciate the subtle difference between "it would be cool for people to be able to check out this forum and not be horrified by spiraling angry posters dogpiling children and people who don't like jokes about infants dying" and "we should cater our posting to maximize our marketability to decorum-worshippers"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
decorum posting is very succ imo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

we maximize our marketability by harnessing the synergy between decorum and succ

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I wanted to get furious at ArfJason for posting Idiocracy or Tidus laugh or Steven Processor, but now that he's NoJoe I have to defend him as a posting brother no matter what

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
wheres my joes hoes gangtag

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

What if a confused lib wandered into CSPAM and saw one of these

or, God forbid, this horrible thing

Could we still count on their support in the coming election? I submit that they might be tempted to vote for Joe Biden.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

i mean, if you're saying that this place was a lot cooler and chiller back when bernie was gonna win, i agree

but now bernie ain't gonna win and the world has gone through one of the most traumatic transformations of our lifetimes. basically every avenue of hope from two months ago lays in ruin. our political ambition has experienced significant political defeat. that's gonna lead to a loving gloomy outlook

like nowadays no one knows what the country/world is going to look like next week. every pillar of society seems to be falling apart. every institution is failing us and people are wondering if the country is even going to survive

like, i wish we were all back in early march when it looked like we might turn this thing around, but we've hit the iceberg, so its a big ask to be like, "i wish people on this sinking ship were cooler about it"

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Dustcat posted:

What if a confused lib wandered into CSPAM and saw one of these

or, God forbid, this horrible thing

Could we still count on their support in the coming election? I submit that they might be tempted to vote for Joe Biden.

very smart and good post, funny trump pictures are definitely equivalent to dogpiling a child because his parents told him to vote for joe biden

QUEER FRASIER has issued a correction as of 05:08 on May 14, 2020

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

It is true the infamous Succ-Zone Dogg-Pile has reduced many a child to a mere stain on the beige wall-to-wall carpet that is Twitter.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Frasier's got a point

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

What if C-Spam but better. Makes you think.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

Frasier's got a point

yeah but my points even better :smugdon:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

my cspam suggestion is that jewel repetition should be forbidden from ever talking about his gang tag because my god it’s every post

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Varinn posted:

my cspam suggestion is that jewel repetition should be forbidden from ever talking about his gang tag because my god it’s every post

I'll stop if you post in the thread :smugdog:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

QUEER FRASIER posted:

If you look at the recent QCS threads beyond the hysterical people claiming c-spam is a breeding grounds for terrorism there are definitely a good handful of people saying that they like and do or have posted in c-spam but that some things about the posting culture (particularly since Bernie lost, COVID won, and everything seemingly got a lot nastier in here) have alienated them from being a part of a community they still value. E.g:

For context, this poster was called stupid and dogpiled in the TRUMP FLU thread for saying they found jokes about Biden's infant daughter dying gross.

It's actually extremely good that Gravy Jones got demodded and then stopped posting here and started spending time sobbing in qcs. That is an excellent result, I think

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dustcat posted:

It is true the infamous Succ-Zone Dogg-Pile has reduced many a child to a mere stain on the beige wall-to-wall carpet that is Twitter.

where did this weird idea that succ zone was a bloodthirsty mob constantly braying for blood come from anyway

thinking about it ppj also had a weird grudge against it

e: like it's 90% people posting tweets of dems doing horrible poo poo and saying "i want to die"

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 06:50 on May 14, 2020

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yinlock posted:

where did this weird idea that succ zone was a bloodthirsty mob constantly braying for blood come from anyway

thinking about it ppj also had a weird grudge against it

e: like it's 90% people posting tweets of dems doing horrible poo poo and saying "i want to die"

because ~5% of it is posting awful poo poo from SA and laughing

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Brute Squad posted:

No. It was founded as an RSF for an election chat and shitposting. You can literally scroll back and read the early threads. The Bernie thread was moved here, along with the hillary vs bernie thread, several republican candidate threads and several international elections threads. Election Erection of 2015 is not the CSPAM of 2020.

The word ghetto isn't gross. Your usage of the word is gross.

this 😤

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

oxsnard posted:

That's great, thanks for the context. Now can you please explain why there's a thread on SA that you appear to regularly participate in that casually throws around "gay" and "retard" as an insult?

i've never seen this person post in c—spam... y are they acting like they own the place ??

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
there should be a sticky or some thing on here to remind everybody that posting about politics is not doing politics

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

exmarx posted:

i've never seen this person post in c—spam... y are they acting like they own the place ??

smdh man advocates bookmark theorem yet doesn't apply it

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i dont rly post in the amerikan politics threads... too provincial 😴

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

exmarx posted:

who cares, c-spam isn't some kind of exclusive club

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sir i'm sorry you must be at least platinum rank to post beyond this point

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

yeah but my points even better :smugdon:

shiiiit, busted

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
lol that the dreaded fyad has been reduced to passive aggressive karens trying to get the manager to poo poo down the club to avenge their racist clubhouse

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

lol that the dreaded fyad has been reduced to passive aggressive karens trying to get the manager to poo poo down the club to avenge their racist clubhouse

it's not even fyad, it's posters who desperately wanted to be fyad but weren't good enough lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Jose posted:

there are lots of cspam posters who don't post in gbs i would like to punish