Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The kitties we are fostering are back from the vet.

They took all the balls. Eye balls and testicals.

They are still purry little sweethearts and better people than all of society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Yeah, everything needs a little tweaking now. Most tips for coping with depression suggest you get out and socialize and no of course don’t do that.

if you want to help ameliorate the symptoms of waking up and dwelling for 2 hours on how completely hosed you are, I suggest going outside, getting some vitamin Delight!!! and going for a walk for 2 miles during which you'll ignore the desire to cross the street away from the waddling unmasked obese boomer couple

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Gonna pet every cat on earth.

(LA, Toledo, Madrid, New York, Iceland, South Africa, Vermont, Maine, London, Germany, Mexico, Etc)

You can pet mine.

More like Lethargic the Hedgehog.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Col.Schultz posted:

Well McKinsey has been training people how to work 18 hours a day, in an unergonomic setting, never escaping the small group of people around them, while situationally depressed, for 90 years now. It just turns out it’s their own staff and they don’t really know how to share the knowledge. It’s a weird time in consulting rn.

lol i assumed their BAs were probably at their most mentally stable right now because they weren't doing 80% travel

you can always tell a McKinsey boy by who is actually intimate friends with the airport bartenders

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

vitamin Delight!!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5-cvlM9CI8

matthew lesko now makes videos telling people how to get their Trump bux

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Apparently the new talking point that got distributed out to the younger college educated chuds is that the debunked and non peer reviewed CA study that claimed 20% of the population already got exposed is proof that we need to end shutdowns.

Who decides what the talking point of the week is,? I keep seeing it everywhere like 3 weeks later

oxsnard has issued a correction as of 06:17 on May 14, 2020

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Also, a researcher at Berkely said in an interview that it's not "guaranteed that there will be a second wave" or something to that effect and now it's basically assured there's no second wave

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oxsnard posted:

Also, a researcher at Berkely said in an interview that it's not "guaranteed that there will be a second wave" or something to that effect and now it's basically assured there's no second wave

there is no second wave because there is an ever-ascending peak

nothing cannot threat the everlasting climax

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Cuomo is a ghoul

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

oxsnard posted:

From an oil landman, literally the most pointless job in the entire e&p industry that exists entirely due to government red tape that serves no practical, economic or safety propose

Him dying would fix my depression.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

oxsnard posted:

Who decides what the talking point of the week is,? I keep seeing it everywhere like 3 weeks later

the talking point of the week is actually determined by a team of Accenture consultants who finished undergrad last year. Accenture underbid McKinsey for the contract.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I have a friend who is a landman but at least he acknowledges that it's a stupid pointless job

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

snoo posted:

I want to "work" from home also

its cool because were also "parenting" from home and keeping the house "clean" when we're home 300% more now

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

oxsnard posted:

From an oil landman, literally the most pointless job in the entire e&p industry that exists entirely due to government red tape that serves no practical, economic or safety propose

wait is he trying to start WW3

because WW2 is what stopped the first Great Depression

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Atrocious Joe posted:

the talking point of the week is actually determined by a team of Accenture consultants who finished undergrad last year. Accenture underbid McKinsey for the contract.

fuuuuuuuuu

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lol having kids

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Hahaha, this is what you get when you say the worst is far from over

quote:

No offense but all your fear mongering doesn't help encourage people to spend.

(I will stop posting chud quotes if y'all don't want it)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
The insane (but liberal!) lady who runs this Facebook group is probably going to slap me with a probation again

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Living in Hawaii, I unironically hope that there is mass death on the mainland soon before Ige decides that it is safe to let the teeming masses of fat white morons stream back to our shores and infect us with the plague again

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

oxsnard posted:

Hahaha, this is what you get when you say the worst is far from over

(I will stop posting chud quotes if y'all don't want it)

chud chud chud chud

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/1260772276942835714?s=20

gee ya think

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lmao they're only going to continue to gently caress with the numbers

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1260717021840445452

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1260744136212140034

Biden is going to win the hearts and minds of the twitterati

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
yeah but once you have kids its not like you can take them to the no kill shelter or anything

they dont even make you take a test before you take one home. absolute horrendous lack of regulation and oversight when it comes to kids

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Stereotype posted:

Living in Hawaii, I unironically hope that there is mass death on the mainland soon before Ige decides that it is safe to let the teeming masses of fat white morons stream back to our shores and infect us with the plague again

Your health does not trump my right to fill your water with non-reef safe sunscreen and yell at minimum wage workers because I don’t know the difference between a mai tai and a pinacolda :colbert:

ABCG
May 12, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

there is no second wave because there is an ever-ascending peak

nothing cannot threat the everlasting climax

[Covid-19] The everlasting climax

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

Your health does not trump my right to fill your water with non-reef safe sunscreen and yell at minimum wage workers because I don’t know the difference between a mai tai and a pinacolda :colbert:

Apparently a lot of fish are coming back around Waikiki and in Hanauma Bay but the reefs are all dead from climate change and the sunscreen thing was always feel good nonsense.

The other big change I've seen is that the military is doing ten times as many practice flights since the airspace isn't clogged with commercial planes anymore

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

ABCG posted:

[Covid-19] The everlasting climax

Sting was right

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

oxsnard posted:

The insane (but liberal!) lady who runs this Facebook group is probably going to slap me with a probation again

lowtax should have patented posting probations

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

eric ciaramella posted:

lowtax should have patented posting probations

It was a huge gamechanging feature for the forums and I think he was the first one to implement it anywhere

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Stereotype posted:

Apparently a lot of fish are coming back around Waikiki and in Hanauma Bay but the reefs are all dead from climate change and the sunscreen thing was always feel good nonsense

Oh really? As in sunscreens not really a problem or as in the reef safe poo poo isn’t really reef safe?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1260678597666275328?s=20

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FacebookEmpathyMom posted:

Oh really? As in sunscreens not really a problem or as in the reef safe poo poo isn’t really reef safe?

sunscreen wasn't ever a major problem. The top two killers of coral are high temperatures (climate change) and fresh-water events (urban impermeable land buildup and runoff). Sunscreen isn't good and it stresses out the coral, but it's like getting punched in the arm after a fire burned off all your skin and you already died of smoke inhalation.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Ummm no...Bill's talking about donating ty cards

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Grapplejack posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1260649261219209216

the WHO saying this is going to become endemic and there's nothing we can do about it lol

At the moment everyone's distracted by the USA, since they got a head start and can afford relatively widespread testing.

Meanwhile:

1.35 Billion people live in India. Average daily salary there is US$3.40 a day.
They barely even attempted a lockdown before it's all gone to hell

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Stereotype posted:

sunscreen wasn't ever a major problem. The top two killers of coral are high temperatures (climate change) and fresh-water events (urban impermeable land buildup and runoff). Sunscreen isn't good and it stresses out the coral, but it's like getting punched in the arm after a fire burned off all your skin and you already died of smoke inhalation.

It's the pH changes in the ocean that's the real tipping point for ecosystem collapse. Luckily the models for that appear to have way underestimated the buffering capacity of the ocean, account for too little mixing and assume a unrealistically high partial pressure of CO2 at the surface.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
We are at the part of the slow motion train wreck where all the cars are off the rails but they now are just traveling in the same direction as normal but with their wheels in the dirt and everyone is like "well that seems fine, I'm sure that can just go on forever" but soon they'll start piling up and rolling over and then soon after that the tankers filled with explosive caustic chemicals will start pouring out their contents and catching fire

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

At the moment everyone's distracted by the USA, since they got a head start and can afford relatively widespread testing.

Meanwhile:

1.35 Billion people live in India. Average daily salary there is US$3.40 a day.
They barely even attempted a lockdown before it's all gone to hell

There's literally nothing that can be done about India. They may as well go whole hog for herd immunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Stereotype posted:

We are at the part of the slow motion train wreck where all the cars are off the rails but they now are just traveling in the same direction as normal but with their wheels in the dirt and everyone is like "well that seems fine, I'm sure that can just go on forever" but soon they'll start piling up and rolling over and then soon after that the tankers filled with explosive caustic chemicals will start pouring out their contents and catching fire

it'll be fine