Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There's not really much stuff to buy in singleplayer. If you're looking for something like Saints Row, GTA5 is not that. It's way more scripted and "cinematic". Online is probably what you're imagining, but with the issue of all the clothes and paint jobs costing a ton of money. And there's so. many. pointless. graphic tees. A massive amount of t-shirts that no normal person would ever wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Alamoduh posted:

Anne Macy, the “teenager” you are talking about, is either 8 or 10 years old, wears an incredibly short skirt and a leather garter on one leg with a teddy bear on it. Her stat sheet lists her as 35kg. Very kawaii!
. There are other teenage girls, and they are not sexualized as much as 8 year old Anne

StrixNebulosa posted:

Troubleshooter: I haven't seen the trailer, and I'm not far enough into the game to meet the kid character

This is Anne Macy, the "extremely sexualized" girl

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ah. love it when the anime hatred leads to someone projecting their own feelings on something. very telling. (what the gently caress is wrong with you alamo)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The skirt could be a bit longer, but a bright yellow duffle coat isn't what I'd call a "sexualized" design either. Weird dress sense, but not creepy.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Artelier posted:

Asked this in the free games thread because of GTAV on Epic but didn't get an answer so thought I'd ask here:

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

There's not really much stuff to buy in singleplayer. If you're looking for something like Saints Row, GTA5 is not that. It's way more scripted and "cinematic". Online is probably what you're imagining, but with the issue of all the clothes and paint jobs costing a ton of money. And there's so. many. pointless. graphic tees. A massive amount of t-shirts that no normal person would ever wear.

With regards to what you're looking for, the other issue with GTAV--at least the last time I played--is that each character is permanently associated with a particular vehicle, and while you can steal other vehicles and take them to shops and spend a bunch of time customizing them with a decent variety of options that are both functional and aesthetic, they have a tendency to vanish from the face of the earth. Load the game up and your garage is suddenly empty? Check. Get sucked into a side mission/cutscene while you were driving a vehicle/getting out to check something, and by the time everything is finished, it's despawned and gone forever? Yup.

It didn't take me too long to give up on trying to hold on to (or collect) specific vehicles that weren't my character's default because they'd almost always inevitably disappear.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cardiovorax posted:

The skirt could be a bit longer, but a bright yellow duffle coat isn't what I'd call a "sexualized" design either. Weird dress sense, but not creepy.

I loves me a nice big slicker but only on adult women, please don't kinkshame

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Judging by the sleeves peeking out of the coat it's not a skirt, it's probably a dress. :eng101:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Maybe that picture isn't representative, but my immediate reaction is that anyone who finds that to be "sexualized" is probably a pedophile and needs to get help before they start raping kids. Actually loving gross.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If go into the options in steam and set the controller overlay to “forced off” it fixes it.

You used to have to go into big picture mode to find that option. Steam loves just jam features into your experience without telling you they even exist.

Where is this now? I can go to Settings > Controller. But there’s no Options.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

What are you all talking about, that girl is sexualized to extremes, I'm getting sweaty right now, better move my collar back and forth to get some airflow in here

whoof

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

K8.0 posted:

Maybe that picture isn't representative, but my immediate reaction is that anyone who finds that to be "sexualized" is probably a pedophile and needs to get help before they start raping kids. Actually loving gross.

The game is undeniably extremely anime, specially with character designs and I wouldn't complain if Anne's skirt was longer, but I feel the only one who's sexualized is this dude.

(and yeah, there are a bunch of "why doesn't he wear a shirt" reactions from characters in-game)

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Artelier posted:

Asked this in the free games thread because of GTAV on Epic but didn't get an answer so thought I'd ask here:

GTA V has very decent dress-up options. Tons of clothing stores from redneck attire, biker stuff, casual office, functional, hipster up to luxury. All come with their own set of accessories.
Also the interface is not a total nightmare when browsing your items like GTA IV :)
I honestly forgot how cars work. You can buy garage spaces but they are wildly impractical/out of the way.
There are extensive mods and paint job doodads, but I forgot if those upgrades apply to vehicles when you have one delivered by phone.
After losing 'my special car' for the 20. time because of mission scripting stuff or random poo poo I gave up on that whole aspect.

e; all this is for the singleplayer campaign, never touched online

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 14, 2020

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

ZearothK posted:

The game is undeniably extremely anime, specially with character designs and I wouldn't complain if Anne's skirt was longer, but I feel the only one who's sexualized is this dude.

(and yeah, there are a bunch of "why doesn't he wear a shirt" reactions from characters in-game)

OK now I'm offended. His guns are nearly as much of a design abortion as the Fallout 3 Combat Shotgun.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ZearothK posted:

Why does he Wii shotguns for weapons?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ZearothK posted:

He doesn't wear a shirt because he's obviously DMC3 Dante cosplaying as what he thinks a normal human is.

Big fan of his bullet belt that seems completely ornamental given that his dumb looking wii shotguns appear to use clips.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ZearothK posted:

heh. better hide your dalmatians kid :kamina:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

what a loving wiib

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

K8.0 posted:

Whoa, can we not jump straight to pedophilia accusations in the Steam thread over some mildly dumb takes? It's not under the exact wording of the forum rule which was added because some people were real loving dumb about the subject but I'm pretty sure the spirit of it applies here.

VideoGames posted:

5) Do not equate anyone watching an anime show, or playing an anime game, as a pedophile.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm firmly in the "anime sucks" camp and will use whatever to demean it (don't get mad all you fuckers do it to for the things you dislike) and even I think that is extremely overblown lmao

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Leal posted:

(don't get mad all you fuckers do it to for the things you dislike)

Pretty sure I only do this for furries.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Yeah I like to keep things positive, largely because trying to convince the internet that they shouldn't like something is such an admirable waste of time and energy that I'm almost jealous of anyone who has enough to spare that they can just pour them into the void like that.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

ZearothK posted:

By my troth, you can see his vagina bones!!

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Artelier posted:

Afaik the new cars and such tend not to get added to single player so going online is where you'd get the most options, and there are a ton of options on both fronts. There's also a GTA thread around here somewhere with a discord wherein there are a couple dozen very chill GTA goons that'll be more than happy to help you get started.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Hwurmp posted:

I loves me a nice big slicker but only on adult women, please don't kinkshame
You do you, man, you do you.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

When did Prison Architect get DLC?

Orv
May 4, 2011
For a minute now, someone else bought it once Introversion declared it done, or something I'm not entirely sure what the situation there is.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Zedd posted:

When did Prison Architect get DLC?

When Introversion sold the game to Paradox.

Paradox likes to make a lot of DLC for their games.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

According to the Steam store it was November last year.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Veotax posted:

When Introversion sold the game to Paradox.

Paradox likes to make a lot of DLC for their games.

Fair enough.
I had enough fun with the game as it was, had a decently okay super prison, a very nice rehabilitation style one, and a hellworld snipers everywhere murderpit.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I am sad that so much time is being spent talking about whether Anne is sexualized in Troubleshooter (she's not) when the rest of that game is so awesome and actually worthy of discussion. I was up til 3 AM yesterday with it and it's amazing how much the game opens up in terms of gameplay choices and builds once you've put 10 hours in. Yes, it's annoying that it's pretty much like every JRPG that way (I realize that it's a KRPG but I've not played enough of those to know whether it's a trope there too) but frankly, the systems are already so ornate (and questionably translated) that I can understand them locking away Class Changes and some of the other systems like crafting until you've really had a chance to get fully immersed in the basics.

Seriously, if you like XCOM and just system after system after system layered on top of one another, this one is more than worth the $25 to pick it up.

Also, it's one of those games that doesn't do well with laptops having both integrated graphics and gaming video cards and defaulted to the former for me. Figure that out before you play 10 hours of chop just wondering if this thing is that poorly optimized. It's not; it just has no idea how to optimize itself with whatcha got.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Memnaelar posted:

I am sad that so much time is being spent talking about whether Anne is sexualized in Troubleshooter (she's not) when the rest of that game is so awesome and actually worthy of discussion. I was up til 3 AM yesterday with it and it's amazing how much the game opens up in terms of gameplay choices and builds once you've put 10 hours in. Yes, it's annoying that it's pretty much like every JRPG that way (I realize that it's a KRPG but I've not played enough of those to know whether it's a trope there too) but frankly, the systems are already so ornate (and questionably translated) that I can understand them locking away Class Changes and some of the other systems like crafting until you've really had a chance to get fully immersed in the basics.

Seriously, if you like XCOM and just system after system after system layered on top of one another, this one is more than worth the $25 to pick it up.

Also, it's one of those games that doesn't do well with laptops having both integrated graphics and gaming video cards and defaulted to the former for me. Figure that out before you play 10 hours of chop just wondering if this thing is that poorly optimized. It's not; it just has no idea how to optimize itself with whatcha got.

I am ~50 hours in and I've unlocked a new subsystem, Pokemon. Which I really wasn't expecting.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Constantly getting new mechanics and new poo poo to do even 50 hours in sounds like my kind of game, so hey, you guys have certainly sold me on it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, I wouldn't have heard of the game if it wasn't for the weirdo so I'm glad a bigass yellow overcoat caused strong feelings on someone, it looks cool

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ZearothK posted:

I am ~50 hours in and I've unlocked a new subsystem, Pokemon. Which I really wasn't expecting.

I had to refund Troubleshooter after the masteries, attack elements, and status effects in the first half-hour felt like too much for me. This would just give me fits.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
fyi god-tier infant murder, penis cannibalism and obsessive castration simulator Crusader Kings has a release date for the next title in the series, CK3. September the First, yall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJZ4EiXRlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8QF263PfGI

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 14, 2020

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Hwurmp posted:

heh. better hide your dalmatians kid :kamina:

:lmao:

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Laughing at goons being so excessively prudish about anime that it flips back to coming off as a weirdo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Look Sir Droids posted:

Where is this now? I can go to Settings > Controller. But there’s no Options.
Right click on the game and click properties, there may be something in there.
It should definitely at least still be in Big Picture Mode under “manage controller settings”. I don’t know why steam loves to break poo poo and make fixing it so obtuse.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
It’s funny, I spent so much time exploring the side content in Final Fantasy XV with the expectation that I could then just be overleveled and breeze through the unsatisfactory main campaign and then circle back and do the post-game side content. And I was overleveled (the end boss of the game is like level 45!) but it still sapped enough good will from me that I’m not sure I care to do the postgame dungeons and stuff now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

He doesn't wear a shirt because he's obviously DMC3 Dante cosplaying as what he thinks a normal human is.

Big fan of his bullet belt that seems completely ornamental given that his dumb looking wii shotguns appear to use clips.

uhn, those are all mint cream crayolas