Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They should really un-nerf the Galakrond Shaman cards. I don't think that it would be anywhere near as oppressive as it was when it had Shudderwock, Spirit and Zentimo and would be a quick fix for a class that has nothing going for it, whereas a fix for Paladin would be much harder. It would actually farm the poo poo out of demon hunter as well so win/win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This game loves to give me legend/epic Druid cards and I have never enjoyed playing that class ever.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Doesn’t help that Druid is basically second only to Hunter for “what’s this crap?” for class legendaries.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
You also had secret paladin.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Firebert posted:

They should really un-nerf the Galakrond Shaman cards. I don't think that it would be anywhere near as oppressive as it was when it had Shudderwock, Spirit and Zentimo and would be a quick fix for a class that has nothing going for it, whereas a fix for Paladin would be much harder. It would actually farm the poo poo out of demon hunter as well so win/win!

The quick paladin fix: bring back divine favor.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Aaod posted:

You also had secret paladin.

Was anything better than blindly curving out minions while watching Netflix and drinking?

Like play the slots but you win most of the time.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It’s almost kind of hilarious that Secret Paladin is functionally extinct even in Wild... because it’s just too slow without a big enough payoff to be worth it nowadays.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ultrachrist posted:

The quick paladin fix: bring back divine favor.

No

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
similarly, do not unnerf invocation of frost

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Regalingualius posted:

It’s almost kind of hilarious that Secret Paladin is functionally extinct even in Wild... because it’s just too slow without a big enough payoff to be worth it nowadays.

The only paladin decks that seem to be competitive in wild are the obvious mech paladin, and the memey libram buff paladin (because Primalfin, Eydis and Lynessa exist)

Card draw is king most of the time, and that shows in the decks that do well in both standard and wild.

Speaking of Wild, I'm starting to think I know what a fix to Time Warp should be... It shouldn't refresh mana crystals on the second turn.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Isn’t the whole issue with it that the Mage also plays all of their giants the same turn, though?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Anyone have links/codes for optimized versions of of DH's demon crushers recipe, face hunter and whatever they call hunter decks that use Zixor and MokNathal lions?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Regalingualius posted:

Isn’t the whole issue with it that the Mage also plays all of their giants the same turn, though?

You'd at least have a certain degree of counterplay, be able to throw taunts, etc. As it stands, they get a (usually) 10 mana to break through anything you do before the 32 to face.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Anyone have links/codes for optimized versions of of DH's demon crushers recipe, face hunter and whatever they call hunter decks that use Zixor and MokNathal lions?

The third deck eventually eventually got optimized into the Face Hunter we see today

AAECAR8Ch7AD+boDDqgCyQSIBe0GlwjbCf4M86cD+a4D+68D/K8DhbADorkD/7oDAA==

Not sure what you're referring to by "demon crushers", but this is the best build I've seen that actually supports Priestess of Fury (still has room for optimization):

AAECAea5AwTMugPDvAPEvAPaxgMN/acD+a4Di7oDvbsD4LwD1r4DusYDx8YD2cYD18gD98gD+cgD/sgDAA==

both from vS Data Reaper Report #162
https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-162/

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

AnacondaHL posted:

The third deck eventually eventually got optimized into the Face Hunter we see today

AAECAR8Ch7AD+boDDqgCyQSIBe0GlwjbCf4M86cD+a4D+68D/K8DhbADorkD/7oDAA==

Not sure what you're referring to by "demon crushers", but this is the best build I've seen that actually supports Priestess of Fury (still has room for optimization):

AAECAea5AwTMugPDvAPEvAPaxgMN/acD+a4Di7oDvbsD4LwD1r4DusYDx8YD2cYD18gD98gD+cgD/sgDAA==

both from vS Data Reaper Report #162
https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-162/

Thank you

Demon Crushers is the "other" in-game recipe deck for DH where the focus is playing defense for a while and then tutoring out big demons.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
holy gently caress is Zephyrs not working right now

I leave up 2 mana against a hanar with two secrets up and a couple 1/1 buddies, hoping for either flare or pain. I get my choice of flamestrike, tirion, or cleave. what the ever living gently caress is that poo poo

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Zeph can't read and doesn't know Hanar is a must kill target despite being a 1/5. Since you're not under immediate danger it offered you two plays for next turn and a weirdass one for this turn.

I think in general Zeph doesn't offer flare as much as desired. Often prefers the neutral secret hate minion if you have mana.

This is a fun site to get a feel for how Zeph evaluates random board states: https://www.zephrys.xyz/

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

It’ll only offer flare if your opponent has at least 2 secrets. If it’s 1 secret Zeph doesn’t give a poo poo. That’s my experience.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I've been able to get the 5/4 neutral minion secret thing against mage in wild with an about even board state

Also, this patch whips rear end so far in BGs, I broke 9k earlier today for the first time

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
just got owled by a galakrond warlock. first owl i've seen in months

edit:

love this diverse meta

peer fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 15, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

peer posted:

just got owled by a galakrond warlock. first owl i've seen in months

edit:

love this diverse meta

What rank are you? I’ve been drowning in warriors for a couple days now, I think even more than DHs

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What rank are you? I’ve been drowning in warriors for a couple days now, I think even more than DHs

diamond 2 currently. seen two warriors in my last 30 games

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

legend is where warriorland truly begins. not seen a shaman, druid or paladin in what feels like weeks

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

legend is where warriorland truly begins. not seen a shaman, druid or paladin in what feels like weeks

I had to switch to warrior in silver/gold because I lost 13 straight games as face hunter queued into absolute counters or mirrors who drew better, can confirm there are no other warriors down here and it eats up the majority of the low rank playerbase.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

I cruised into legend this month with Highlander Priest, facing almost nothing but Warriors, DHs, and other Priests within the D5-D1 range. Even Rogue seems to be disappearing, at least from my limited perspective.

My final boss was a standard Galakrond Priest, and we went deep into fatigue before my highlander cards ended up being the deciding edge. It felt fitting afterward to craft a golden Galakrond, the Unspeakable to commemorate my fallen yet worthy opponent.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23426180

Balance patch - paladin 1 drop :O

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Those nerfs are all fine, though will have minimal impact overall. I love the buffs out of nowhere, like the aldor attendant change is gonna fix paladin.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Holy moly those are some big and significant changes.

:lol: at the third DH nerf.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

adamarama posted:

Those nerfs are all fine, though will have minimal impact overall. I love the buffs out of nowhere, like the aldor attendant change is gonna fix paladin.

I don't know if it will fix paladin but it will certainly help. It is especially good for wild with crystology.

While I appreciate the Lurker buff I don't think that's a card that needed it since it is pretty good at what it does.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Wow surprised at so many different classes getting a change.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Warrior got off easy, what the hell.

RIP blackjack stunner completely removing Alex and the other 9 cost minions from the game.

1 mana aldor attendant is really going to help paladin with it's problem of. . . miserable draw. Playing that card on t2 was fine. You just then never draw your librams. Did they forget crystology isn't in standard?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Chernabog posted:

I don't know if it will fix paladin but it will certainly help. It is especially good for wild with crystology.

While I appreciate the Lurker buff I don't think that's a card that needed it since it is pretty good at what it does.

Wild Paladin is basically just different flavors of aggro at this point. I legit can’t remember the last time I saw any control decks from them, so I’m dubious about this alone making it viable for them again.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

My turn 5 Priestess of Fury concessions noo. Guess i can craft Bloodsworn mercenary now, but still an Ancharr off that deck. Prob will still be good after the patch, the nerfs seem minimal.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

uh oh, Warrior was not nerfed enough.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

AnacondaHL posted:

uh oh, Warrior was not nerfed enough.

Notice how Brute’s new 5/8 stats slot perfectly against Priestess’ 6/5 too.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad they seem to have gotten over their hangup when it comes to buffing cards, though it won't be enough to save Shaman, and it won't really do anything for Paladin.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Wild Paladin is basically just different flavors of aggro at this point. I legit can’t remember the last time I saw any control decks from them, so I’m dubious about this alone making it viable for them again.

I only play wild for fun so I don't care if it's not viable. In wild I'm already playing libram paladin most of the time so this change will only improve the deck.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Fenarisk posted:

I had to switch to warrior in silver/gold because I lost 13 straight games as face hunter queued into absolute counters or mirrors who drew better, can confirm there are no other warriors down here and it eats up the majority of the low rank playerbase.

What warrior deck are you using down here? I keep getting within spitting distance of gold with the free rogue deck but can never quite crack it. I am also incredibly bad though.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Quetzadilla posted:

What warrior deck are you using down here? I keep getting within spitting distance of gold with the free rogue deck but can never quite crack it. I am also incredibly bad though.

The free Rogue deck is very close to being a Tier 1 deck. Players have been toying with a "Vanilla Ice" build in tournaments, to have better game vs DH and Hunter while still going long vs Priest (banning Warrior), which matches with the Gold ranks metagame:

If you don't have Flik just add another SI or some Khartut Defenders, otherwise it is very budget-friendly.

Here's the list I consider for tournaments and have played in Legend Ladder

### CQ Vanilla Gala
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
# 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
# 2x (1) Spymistress
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Frozen Shadoweaver
# 2x (3) Seal Fate
# 1x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
#
AAECAaIHBrIC3QiSlwPBrgPjtAPLwAMMtAHtAogHj5cD9acDua4D/q4Dqq8Dzq8DgrEDubgD1r4DAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Note that Rogue is probably the 2nd hardest deck to play right now, but it's powerful enough to not be as punishing when misplayed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
well rip Secret Rogue I guess

am I right in thinking that a Rogue playing Cobalt Spellkin cannot generate Praise Galakrond?