Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Seeking Derangements is Cool and Good

their ep with Felix they get him going pretty loving early lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the bigger things are, the more marxist they are: history and the world-soul are super-marxist, statues are usually okay, figurines almost never are, miniatures are flatly reactionary

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i know what you're thinking, and yes, all else being equal, obviously, fatter people are more marxist

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Doc Hawkins posted:

i know what you're thinking, and yes, all else being equal, obviously, fatter people are more marxist

So where does that put a tall, fat wargamer on the scale?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

So where does that put a tall, fat wargamer on the scale?

Which does he spend more time on: wargaming or being fat

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

rectifying to say that Seeking Derangements has been promoted to extremely Cool and Good

soundtrack selection is just :discourse:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
CushVlog is better content than 90% of Chapo episodes

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i say swears online posted:

I just spend my EBT on lobster instead

Government subsidies for buying miniatures except games workshop ones because they suck

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ripping up flint's pipes to send to the die-cast foundry

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

gradenko_2000 posted:

ah hell please don't tell me 3MA is bad now I don't think I could take it

3ma is fine.

waypoint is OK, it’s not great. but I only play 2 video games (tetris and ff14), and I like rob and gita.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Phone posted:

3ma is fine.

waypoint is OK, it’s not great. but I only play 2 video games (tetris and ff14), and I like rob and gita.

I've been a Waypoint fan since the beginning, but you can really tell that a lot of the ambitions they had when they launched just really never panned out. Its unfortunate

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is there a good app I can install on both my android phone and my desktop so it remembers what episodes I've listened to on either device? everything seems to have a subscription model which isn't great

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

double nine posted:

is there a good app I can install on both my android phone and my desktop so it remembers what episodes I've listened to on either device? everything seems to have a subscription model which isn't great

I use a piece of paper and make a timestamp

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Takanago posted:

I've been a Waypoint fan since the beginning, but you can really tell that a lot of the ambitions they had when they launched just really never panned out. Its unfortunate

it’s transparent when the parent org started to cut funding and ratchet down. it feels like they were ahead of the disappointment curve by at least a few months where the staff’s material support was being cut out from them.

you could do worse. it’s definitely in the popcorn genre of something to listen to while doing chores and not feeling like rewinding if i zone out for a bit.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
first question "how can i make playful racism at the workplace" lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYLVd_ecZ4

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Wow, this is actually kind of funny, as opposed to Cumtown.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
don’t ruin this thread too

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Would this be considered New Sincerity? It seems very different in tone than the actual show.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thotsky posted:

Wow, this is actually kind of funny, as opposed to Cumtown.

youre right, but its okay to laugh with mentally challenged people on their podcast

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Honest Thief posted:

i've never listened to cumtown but this is funny so far

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

the most amazing thing about cumtown still remains that somehow it got thrown along the left podcasts

every time I remember that I laugh, how did that happen and worse, why people keep going through great pains to justify that

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Nick is friends with and used to live with a couple of the chapo people. therefore, cum town is leftist and Nick Mullen is President of the DSA.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

dead gay comedy forums posted:

the most amazing thing about cumtown still remains that somehow it got thrown along the left podcasts

every time I remember that I laugh, how did that happen and worse, why people keep going through great pains to justify that

they occasionally "gently caress dude i hope bernie wins. trumps dumb as poo poo" '/ "we really need universal healthcare this is bullshit. haha gently caress yeah dude" once every 3 episodes.

tbf their 2016 election night one was a lot better than virtually everything else.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

There was also, in response to backlash, people trying to claim listening to the show as some sort of true working class signifier.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/BarstoolRadio/status/1162124050598174722?s=19

croc guy killin vibes smh

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

actualy the most amazing is this:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

well listening to the stav show, it's kinda interesting because like with the ironic racism question, is he just goes wtf no you idiot, what i do on my comedy podcast is not what you can do at your office job, because you're going to make your co-workers uncomfortable and that's unacceptable. IDIOT

that's pretty funny

and then there's a call from a guy uncertain about whether to eat pussy on a first date. and he says why wouldn't you? like i think there's a mob-like sopranos notion that men shouldn't do that, i.e. that women exist to pleasure men and not the other way around. and he says, in so many words, that patriarchy has brainwashed you and that's why you're a wreck, so you should eat the pussy and keep your pants on and then when she finishes, you leave, and that is striking a blow against patriarchy and making up for all the times you didn't do that. and that's pretty funny, too.

and the messenger is this fat, bald guy with a missing tooth in the front of his mouth, but he's confident in his body and owns it, and is honest about his own embarrassing failures in dating. and that seems like a way more positive male self-image than trying to live up to some reaganite muscle body fascism like arnold schwarzenegger or something.

maybe i'm overthinking it though

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

wtf that owns I listeNEd to only garbo episodes then

edit: listed

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

well listening to the stav show, it's kinda interesting because like with the ironic racism question, is he just goes wtf no you idiot, what i do on my comedy podcast is not what you can do at your office job, because you're going to make your co-workers uncomfortable and that's unacceptable. IDIOT

that's pretty funny

and then there's a call from a guy uncertain about whether to eat pussy on a first date. and he says why wouldn't you? like i think there's a mob-like sopranos notion that men shouldn't do that, i.e. that women exist to pleasure men and not the other way around. and he says, in so many words, that patriarchy has brainwashed you and that's why you're a wreck, so you should eat the pussy and keep your pants on and then when she finishes, you leave, and that is striking a blow against patriarchy and making up for all the times you didn't do that. and that's pretty funny, too.

and the messenger is this fat, bald guy with a missing tooth in the front of his mouth, but he's confident in his body and owns it, and is honest about his own embarrassing failures in dating. and that seems like a way more positive male self-image than trying to live up to some reaganite muscle body fascism like arnold schwarzenegger or something.

Nah, man, I think you're on to something. It's legit sweet and quite progressive.

I would not blame anyone for expecting a dude who says "slay puss" to respond to the lady seeing multiple people unaware of each other, or the lady repeatedly demeaning the guy she wants to propose to her in an offensive manner, but the advice is mostly solid and any putdowns are clean. Maybe lefty people just label any non-rear end in a top hat dudes in media as "leftist" these days. That was a thing with "feminist" for a while. It's probably just positive reinforcement, but I have kind of a hard time coming up with non-rear end in a top hat dude online personalities who could not be described as leftist unless they specifically cultivate an apolitical persona; like the people from Vinesauce and to some degree the RLM dudes. Admittedly, the leftist bar is at an all-time low.

edit: it does go somewhat off the rails as the guest comes on

thotsky has issued a correction as of 23:26 on May 14, 2020

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
stav is too fat

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
class 3 obese

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

twitter posting culture moved left in the alst decade so the people i like must also be leftists because they are on twitter and therefore i am a good person for consuming their content.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

stav's riffing and roasting muscles are still strong, but his advice on some stuff is pretty suspect lmao

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

class 3 regular obese

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

double the bread, double the head

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

ok I am legit dying here with the eating pussy question to stav

good providence, help me here in this hour of need, my ribcage can hold out for only so long

there is something that is magical about the delivery of the guy asking it that makes it a perfect pitch for him to answer my god

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1261090055218593792

Lol I'm imagining Sam Kriss peeking out of a spider hole and asking "Is is safe to come out yet? Is metoo over?"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Dmitri-9 posted:

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1261090055218593792

Lol I'm imagining Sam Kriss peeking out of a spider hole and asking "Is is safe to come out yet? Is metoo over?"

lungfish's probe is ended, it's like the expendables of posting

THS
Sep 15, 2017

what did sam kriss do again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
who cares about Sam Kriss, what did Amber write?