Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe I have some sort of premium account but I haven't been getting the issues other people have. I opened my EGS, clicked store, clicked on GTAV, and clicked get and sailed on through.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Wait til I tell you about the surprisngly large group of people that buy new copies of Overwatch literally constantly just so they can stomp noobs for a short time before the game realizes that they are good.

edit: Someone here is going to defend this behavior.
Smurfing happens in any game with MMR or ELO or whatever. Ask me about all the times I see someone in R6 siege get 11 kills and they are level 22. Either they smurfed or they are wallhacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Sleeveless posted:

The thread for spending hours of your life tracking and pouncing on game giveaways to avoid having to pay for things is utterly baffled by the concept of people spending money on a game they enjoy.

Go find your sleeves stuff them in your mouth and shut the gently caress up

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
guy mann is an imbecile, news at 11

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1260983206746009600?s=20

These are not the actual games, but the free roaming educational versions that give you cool facts about the setting.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Next week's EGS giveaway is another ~mystery game~ so expect something big then as well.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Getting a 403 error now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
EGS giveaways last a week, right? I'll set a reminder for a couple days from now.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1260983206746009600?s=20

These are not the actual games, but the free roaming educational versions that give you cool facts about the setting.

I kind of like that part :)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

repiv posted:

Next week's EGS giveaway is another ~mystery game~ so expect something big then as well.

rumor is that it's the witcher 3

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was able to grab GTA V from EGS. Seems like its back up now?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I was able to grab GTA V from EGS. Seems like its back up now?

I still can't get in, and also am getting a generic 403 on the official Epic website which is amazing

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I just claimed it this instant. It gave me an error the first try when trying to complete it, but it worked the second try.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe the website is borked, but the app is slow but working.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, I was able to redeem it on the app, if that matters

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

repiv posted:

Euro Truck Simulator 2017 :pray:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

"The $1,000,000 bonus cash in GTA Online included with the Premium Edition as part of the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack may take up to 7-10 days after the player’s first session in GTA Online to be reflected in their in-game User Account. This bonus cash is only available to first-time Starter Pack owners."

Maybe this is what took so long, the botters stopped

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

GreenBuckanneer posted:

"The $1,000,000 bonus cash in GTA Online included with the Premium Edition as part of the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack may take up to 7-10 days after the player’s first session in GTA Online to be reflected in their in-game User Account. This bonus cash is only available to first-time Starter Pack owners."

Maybe this is what took so long, the botters stopped

Create new EGS account, create new junk email for their ghetto 2fa, obtain key, sell new account for $2

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Create new EGS account, create new junk email for their ghetto 2fa, obtain key, sell new account for $2

That honestly seems like way too much work for 2 bucks. It makes sense if you live somewhere where the other jobs are spending 12 hours a day making shoes for the same amount of money.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
$1 is currently worth R$6 so I might give it a try

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

If you could consistently get the $2 and it takes you 5 minutes per, that's $24/hr. That's a respectable amount in any country in the world.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

From the Steam thread, while you wait for EGS to resuscitate itself:

Det_no posted:

Speaking of Crusader Kings II, the Horse Lords expansion is free for a limited time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/354330/Expansion__Crusader_Kings_II_Horse_Lords/

Now you too can play a horse and conquer Britannia or whatever it is you do in CK II.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

From the Steam thread, while you wait for EGS to resuscitate itself:

It let's you play as Genghis Khan. I'm pretty sure playing as a horse was implemented in the game from the very start.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Finally got through to claim GTA5 if anyone is still waiting.

Thanks also for the CK2 addon, I still haven't played for more than 10 minutes due to learning paralysis but one day I'll toughen up

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Aegis Defenders is free on Humble Store right now

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/aegis-defenders-free-game?partner=igb

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

repiv posted:

flatluigi posted:

rumor is that it's the witcher 3

Yeah it briefly popped up as a store listing yesterday without a purchase price or any way to buy it and then it was taken down. Feel like it's a pretty safe bet! Man, I know most people who want those games already have them, but those are some wild free game releases. If you got a PC with nothing on it aside from all the games that have been free on EGS you'd be set for a long long time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

goferchan posted:

Yeah it briefly popped up as a store listing yesterday without a purchase price or any way to buy it and then it was taken down. Feel like it's a pretty safe bet! Man, I know most people who want those games already have them, but those are some wild free game releases. If you got a PC with nothing on it aside from all the games that have been free on EGS you'd be set for a long long time.

Weird, i saw that listing in the EGS a couple hours ago when i got gta 5 and it had a $15 price tag on it. I can't confirm what happens when you click it because now the page is giving a 500 error

Edit: the page is in an eastern european language again but yeah Witcher 3 is there and listed for $15

Len fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 14, 2020

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

The company that makes the Witcher games owns GOG. Seems weird to offer their game for free on EGS, especially when they've given away Witcher 1 and 2 as ways to promote their own competing store and client, but haven't given away Witcher 3 for the same purpose yet.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

doctorfrog posted:

The company that makes the Witcher games owns GOG. Seems weird to offer their game for free on EGS, especially when they've given away Witcher 1 and 2 as ways to promote their own competing store and client, but haven't given away Witcher 3 for the same purpose yet.
If they get paid by EGS for each copy of Witcher 3 and maybe can link it back to GOG the way ubisoft does with uplay it might make sense.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
My money is on either of the first two Tomb Raider games or some other ubi thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It really does sound like the rumor is because "well it's not in the store" with Wario64 citing a reddit screenshot

Except it is in the store and it's $14.99*

*just for logging in you get $10 off anything 14.99+ so really $4.99

I mean I guess that doesn't stop them from giving it away free next week but I imagine that will fire up more righteous fury

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, if CD projekt was going to be giving away Witcher 3 it'd probably be through their own store front and tied to buying their new Cyberpunk game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah I take it back, I definitely don't think they're giving it away if it's showing up in the store for purchase now.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

EGS is working again. Got my GTA5 copy and turns out I already had an account. I had a free copy of Shadow Complex I got a few years ago.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

EGS is working again. Got my GTA5 copy and turns out I already had an account. I had a free copy of Shadow Complex I got a few years ago.

That was how they originally got me to sign up too before they started throwing free games out two and three at a time

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
Was the 2013 "Tomb Raider" game given out for free at some point? It's in my Steam library for some reason (and the new "Play Next" feature has it listed at the top for me now), and I definitely never bought it (I have zero interest in it). I'm guessing it was a giveaway somewhere at some point, but I don't have any email receipts for it, I always save them even for free games. And I seriously don't remember ever adding it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eh! Frank posted:

Was the 2013 "Tomb Raider" game given out for free at some point? It's in my Steam library for some reason (and the new "Play Next" feature has it listed at the top for me now), and I definitely never bought it (I have zero interest in it). I'm guessing it was a giveaway somewhere at some point, but I don't have any email receipts for it, I always save them even for free games. And I seriously don't remember ever adding it.

Yes

Len fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 15, 2020

aba
Oct 2, 2013
Is any other freeloader getting this?

quote:

Your account is unable to download any more free games at this time.

I've never spent anything on EGS and I do not plan to start, so it may be the reason for this.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

aba posted:

I've never spent anything on EGS and I do not plan to start, so it may be the reason for this.

I've never bought from EGS and it downloaded fine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

aba posted:

Do you have 2FA enabled on your account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonikburn
Jun 12, 2001

CAN I OFFER YOU A NICE EGG IN THIS TRYING TIME?
For anyone in the US getting an error on EGS saying that you cannot download any more free games, connect to a UK VPN server and retry. I was receiving the same error, and it worked first try on a UK server.