Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’d buy a state. Like all of it. Kick everyone out except my landscaper, pool boy and house maid. Turn them into the senators and congresscritter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I couldn't even fathom the level of real life practical joking and or trolling I could accomplish.

Not being a sociopath billionaire has it's faults I guess.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d buy a state. Like all of it. Kick everyone out except my landscaper, pool boy and house maid. Turn them into the senators and congresscritter.

I would buy all of Nebraska and turn it into a bison refuge.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

That made me curious so Vermont is probably the cheapest state to acquire if we assume cost is based on GDP(a bad assumption but hey buying a state isn't very realistic any way), but Wyoming is much better value of area:dollar. Only slightly higher but much bigger!

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Whistleblower Dr. Rick Bright is testifying before Congress about America's horrible response to Covid-19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5FHRElONJc

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

I would buy all of Nebraska and turn it into a bison refuge.

I'd buy North and South Dakota, then sell it back to the Lakota for $24.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Who’s ready for hurricane season to kick off ~2 weeks early this year?

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

Currently at a 70% chance of earning a name in the next 5 days.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

GoGoGadget posted:

Whistleblower Dr. Rick Bright is testifying before Congress about America's horrible response to Covid-19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5FHRElONJc

But you see, Kevin Sorbo says only the coward states aren't open because Donald Trump (personally) got us all the PPE and testing kits that we need!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

BigDave posted:

I'd buy North and South Dakota, then sell it back to the Lakota for $24.

After all of the oil and natural gas extraction, you still might be gouging them at that price. :smith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's kind of crazy to think that if I had not even 0.01% of Bezos's net worth I'd be able to live in luxury for the rest of my life.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Starting to think that Burr was served with a search warrant for reasons other than insider trading :thunk:

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1260964826043604998

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i prefer to imagine what it would be like to live in a society whose resources were democratically controlled

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Jesus Christ, are Republicans on any Congressional committee trained on how to be as argumentative and petty as possible? This guy just tried to make it look like Dr. Bright is defrauding the US taxpayers because he's at the hearing while on leave, and had previously been on medical leave while preparing for the hearing. Like, what is the purpose of trying to attack this guy? Do they WANT the US to keep being unprepared?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yes

It's not that they want us to be unprepared and bungle the response, it's just DEMOCRATS think this is a real problem therefore

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

Jesus Christ, are Republicans on any Congressional committee trained on how to be as argumentative and petty as possible? This guy just tried to make it look like Dr. Bright is defrauding the US taxpayers because he's at the hearing while on leave, and had previously been on medical leave while preparing for the hearing. Like, what is the purpose of trying to attack this guy? Do they WANT the US to keep being unprepared?

Yeah I turned it off after listening to this.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
If a Democrat supports it that automatically means Republicans must be against it. That's literally all they are at this point.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

It's really annoying how Republicans want their cake and eat it too.

The cake at this point being a bunch of poor people dying of a disease and also reopening an economy based on said poor people being able to work.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Poor people are a renewable resource, the only one that the right is interested in using.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1260972492098809856

Feinstein resign bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
also

https://twitter.com/gabrielmalor/status/1260927936208781313?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Michigan Militia is getting scared off by rain today. They're not sending their best.

https://twitter.com/Bry_Mac/status/1260947424467697664

https://twitter.com/CraigDMauger/status/1260981133149376514

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

another victory for freedom

Michigan Cancels Legislative Session to Avoid Armed Protesters

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Terrorists win

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Open carry is so loving dumb outside of a deep backcountry context where the only “two legged predator” you have to worry about is a huge grizzly bear rearing up on its legs because it’s about to eat you. Otherwise, if you’re at the point where militias openly brandishing weapons for the sake of community defense is a thing you need, then you’re pretty much at “condition: gently caress the law” to begin with.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Open carry is so loving dumb outside of a deep backcountry context where the only “two legged predator” you have to worry about is a huge grizzly bear rearing up on its legs because it’s about to eat you. Otherwise, if you’re at the point where militias openly brandishing weapons for the sake of community defense is a thing you need, then you’re pretty much at “condition: gently caress the law” to begin with.

They actively want to kick off civil war 2 because 1) think they'll win and 2) they don't feel great about their odds in democracy, long term. They're probably right about the first one at least. If Trump lost in 2016 I think pushing for a right wing coup would be completely mainstream right thinking at the moment.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The other good thing about open carry being legal is if you are carrying concealed and print heavily or your outer garment gets pulled away you don’t immediately get popped with a brandishing complaint. So yeah, like a lot of other things it should be legal but very infrequently actually done and practically never in densely populated public spaces.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Maine trooper says he was retaliated against for reporting illegal police surveillance of citizens

A Maine State Trooper says he suffered retaliation for calling out illegal practices by a secretive intelligence-gathering center run by the state police.

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/05/14/maine-trooper-says-he-was-retaliated-against-for-reporting-illegal-police-surveillance-of-citizens/

Also, this is Very Bad.
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/1260949258355773440?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Water wet?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The water is not wet that is a liberal lie

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ded posted:

The water is not wet that is a liberal lie

Water is dry, everyone knows this!

Now let's move to Las Vegas and Arizona where all the water is!

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

You have to wonder what the exact point that it stops being political polarization and starts being cellular mitosis.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Madurai posted:

You have to wonder what the exact point that it stops being political polarization and starts being cellular mitosis.

He said one of them book learnin' words! Get 'em!

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Cellular mitosis sounds like the liberal 5G conspiracy

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Hey, remember when Trump was so pissed that JeffBo wasn't acting as his personal attorney and replaced him with someone who would?

Now, Trump's mad that Voice of America isn't his personal media outlet so he wants to replace the head with someone who will make it that!

quote:

Pack was his choice to lead the U.S. Agency for Global Media, which oversees a number of government-backed broadcasting outlets including the largest, Voice of America, along with other entities like Radio Free Europe and Alhurra.

The choice to single out Pack left reporters puzzled, until Trump took the opportunity to single out VOA for scathing attacks. Trump’s complaints appear to have triggered the scheduling of a vote on Pack’s nomination before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, even as Democrats continue to hold misgivings and others fear that the agency will become a conduit for Trump TV.

Pack does come with government credentials. He served as the director of Worldnet, the United States Information Agency’s global satellite network, which has since been folded into VOA, and he also has experience in public media, having held positions at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and as a member of the National Council on the Humanities.

He’s also well known in conservative filmmaking circles for documentaries that he has made, including projects he did in collaboration with Steve Bannon, Trump’s former senior adviser who led Breitbart.com. Pack’s most recent movie is Created Equal: Clarence Thomas in his Own Words, which will air on PBS stations this month.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BigDave posted:

He said one of them book learnin' words! Get 'em!

Ahem, two words.

SICK ’EM!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Lets just gerrymander the Republican party into a husk of its former existence. I personally don't give 2 shits about the thoughts or opinions of the illiterate hillbillies holding the richest nation on Earth hostage.

They're responsible for the last 4 years so we clearly can't trust them to not try to destroy the country at every opportunity.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mustang posted:

Lets just gerrymander the Republican party into a husk of its former existence. I personally don't give 2 shits about the thoughts or opinions of the illiterate hillbillies holding the richest nation on Earth hostage.

They're responsible for the last 4 years so we clearly can't trust them to not try to destroy the country at every opportunity.

12 of the last 20 years

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Stultus Maximus posted:

Hey, remember when Trump was so pissed that JeffBo wasn't acting as his personal attorney and replaced him with someone who would?

Now, Trump's mad that Voice of America isn't his personal media outlet so he wants to replace the head with someone who will make it that!

Good lord why does the president hold this power? Was the presidency really this broken?

Don't answer that I already know.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1260972492098809856

Feinstein resign bitch

anyone telling feinstein to resign instead of die should be banned not probated IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PookBear posted:

anyone telling feinstein to resign instead of die should be banned not probated IMO

OK tough guy.