Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Angepain posted:

How could they possibly have known that a deadly virus was unpleasant, all they had to go on was the testimonies of qualified medical professionals and the members of the public who had contracted it. None of those people took ppe at oxford so how could they be trusted to know anything

cummings is the culmination of the dark enlightenment people's quest to get into power and one thing about those types is that empathy is meaningless to them, they genuinely can't believe something is real unless they've experienced it themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Samovar posted:

Oh, I take it you didn't hear about plans for the scramble for Africa 2.0?

Is this what people want? I just think it’s an interesting way to get guys fired up to join by promising colonial adventures in the tropics.

I don’t know who the target demo for the RM are of if this is in line with how most people would feel.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

what (and I mean this in the nicest and most respectful way) the gently caress is going on in the U.K.

splendid isolation (from reality)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

seeing a bunch of rich british media women yell at owen jones and call him a privileged childless/childfree misogynist because he doesn't think they should have their cleaning ladies come and risk their lives to clean their homes.......... this is why i love following british media!!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Bryter posted:

He's always been "remain and reform", despite his criticisms. That's the whole point of Diem25.

Still a bit weird to go so much against the Covid-19 response of all things. I get that it's hit Greece hard because tourism, but the overall response could have been worse compared to what other places are doing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

life comes at you fast

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Glinner, has only got one ball

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Shout-out to Hbomberguy guy who raised a poo poo ton of money to spite him.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i will never forgive anita sarkeesian for ruining the facial animations in mass effect andromeda

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Forceholy posted:

and the seemingly nonstop parade of his own personal heroes who then showed up to spite him.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Forceholy posted:

"You could have ended it right there Graham. You could have just told me how to beat Beaver Bother."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

seeing a bunch of rich british media women yell at owen jones and call him a privileged childless/childfree misogynist because he doesn't think they should have their cleaning ladies come and risk their lives to clean their homes.......... this is why i love following british media!!

Unsurprisingly they're also all the biggest terfs in British media

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jose posted:

Unsurprisingly they're also all the biggest terfs in British media

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

LMBO

Brexit: UK urges EU to uphold rights of British expats

I mean, uhh. Uhm. Right.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I honestly hope the EU throws the expat community to the loving wolves, deport the lot of them and forfeit their homes

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

multijoe posted:

I honestly hope the EU throws the expat community to the loving wolves, deport the lot of them and forfeit their homes

I'm sure this would be a great comfort to all the european immigrants the UK deports in retaliation.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Imagine believing that the UK will need an excuse.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

multijoe posted:

That's like punishing the #1 Europe fans though, for a vote many of them weren't even allowed to participate in, and the ones who were in many cases didn't get a chance to vote because the company sending out the ballots did it in the most incompetent way possible. (Though I have to assume it was actually purposefully incompetent)

I suppose you could do a simple test and just yell "Two world wars" and if they respond with "one world cup" then they get kicked out and Spain can auction off their houses to Germans.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's like punishing the #1 Europe fans though, for a vote many of them weren't even allowed to participate in, and the ones who were in many cases didn't get a chance to vote because the company sending out the ballots did it in the most incompetent way possible. (Though I have to assume it was actually purposefully incompetent)

I suppose you could do a simple test and just yell "Two world wars" and if they respond with "one world cup" then they get kicked out and Spain can auction off their houses to Germans.

They are absolutely not the #1 Europe fans. One idiot at my workplace voted for Brexit then immediately retired to Spain.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Continuity RCP posted:

One idiot at my workplace voted for Brexit then immediately retired to Spain.
Ah, the John Cleese manoeuvre.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I know an english girl living in germany, married to a german dude, with a kid

and she supported brexit :psyboom:

i just had no idea what to say to that tbh

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Continuity RCP posted:

They are absolutely not the #1 Europe fans. One idiot at my workplace voted for Brexit then immediately retired to Spain.
On average they are, Brexit support was only like 20% among them. I did make an allowance for exactly this kind of person with my ingeniously sneaky allusion to Brexiteer pensioneers.

Mackers posted:

AfD voter for sure.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1154616736190046209?s=20

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

multijoe posted:

Please don't make me go back :ohdear:

I mean, I'd sooner call myself an immigrant than an ex-pat but still...

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Mackers posted:

maybe a committed enemy of the EU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Just open the window & let all the virus out. Then it's safe for your cleaner.

https://twitter.com/subcircle/status/1260206037308715008?s=20

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
A nanny looking after a child would let somebody go to work but a family member...pause. Well there's the risk you see.

The fact that these rules are such obviously bullshit is just going to make people pay even less attention to them than they otherwise would.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Thomashornall/status/1261635330760982529?s=20

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/915678248520028162

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/Ned_Donovan/status/1261211479799365633
feels like the simulation is glitching out again

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/apesahoy/status/1261742743103180800?s=21

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Why the gently caress would you not show the writer

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Jose posted:

Why the gently caress would you not show the writer
lol it's janet daley

'Daley was a vocal opponent of legislative changes in the UK during the 1990s that would have equalised the age of consent for homosexuals to that of heterosexuals. Writing in The Times she described gay life as "aggressive freemasonry", and argued that homosexuality led to "childlessness, instability and mortal danger from Aids'

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
is this true?

https://twitter.com/imjohneli/status/1261690930467426305?s=21

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

2017 news.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...one-watched-it/
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/nov/06/fox-news-shows-broke-uk-tv-impartiality-rules-ofcom-finds

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Fox took the station off-air a few years back. It was averaging around 2,000 viewers a day, a fraction of the number of people employed by Fox in the UK.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

BMX Ninja posted:

Fox took the station off-air a few years back. It was averaging around 2,000 viewers a day, a fraction of the number of people employed by Fox in the UK.

Far too much competition in the shithead media department

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Apraxin posted:

argued that homosexuality led to "childlessness,

hmm