Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Axel holds the distinction of one of the greatest promos of all time in WWE: when he just stood there and mercilessly mocked Low Ki for like 15 minutes

"You wear a wetsuit to the ring. Whatya goin swimmin?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

coconono posted:

if WWE releases AJ Styles he's gonna make it his personal life's work to put them out of business. That dude's got the brain rot real bad.

Wanting WWE out of business is a symptom of brain rot? I gotta call my doctor.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wendell posted:

Wanting WWE out of business is a symptom of brain rot? I gotta call my doctor.

yeah dude, letting corporations live rent free in your skull is dangerous.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I want WWE out of business

OFFICER LIGER posted:

do not ever give this company your money.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

I want WWE out of business

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I agree WWE should die/balkanize/go to jail

but I'm not gonna spend any real amount of time fantasizing about it.

Did Drake Younger get cut? I saw a Mancer tweet that he was a dream match for him. or something. I was half awake when I saw it scroll past the TL.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Imagine the idea of WWE be a good company that doesn't do lovely things.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

10 years ago I was like "Joe Hennig seems decent and has that old school look and is the son of Mr. Perfect and a 3rd generation guy who grew up in the business and if you can't do something with that I don't know what you're doing."

But that was 10 years ago and now he's old and his whole career was wasted in WWE being kind of bad and a total joke. And Cody Rhodes is basically the ceiling of what I was imagining he could be so like... I'm good.

Ironically, just as Cody teamed with Ted Dibiase Jr as Legacy Hennig/Axel teamed with Brett Dibiase as The Fortunate Sons.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Axel holds the distinction of one of the greatest promos of all time in WWE: when he just stood there and mercilessly mocked Low Ki for like 15 minutes

"You wear a wetsuit to the ring. Whatya goin swimmin?"

Kaval, that means flute, doesnit? You look it up, it means flute.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChrisVanVliet/status/1258005366954131461

ed: Crosspost but, Highlights from the Revival being on Talk Is Jericho:

They first asked for their release January '19; they had issues with the tag division and didn't feel anybody had the chance to shine in the environment. They were assured it'd improve, but they refused to re-sign until it was proven, and ultimately they didn't think it was gonna happen
https://www.bodyslam.net/2020/04/18/exclusive-wwes-final-creative-plans-for-the-revival-revealed/ The outfits thing is real. The gimmick was to be they dressed like fools to prove you need to act like clowns to get attention in the company. It seemed like the type of thing that was a rib, a joke at their expense. They had some issues with it but were willing to give it a try; their willingness to do it, they assume, is what got them released the very next week, because making fun of someone is less funny when they're in on the joke
They were offered even more money than the $750k that was originally rumored to get them to stay (they don't know if that was due to how much they were valued, or how much they'd be valued if they were elsewhere making money), but they're not content with just taking a check. Wrestling's important to them, and it's already done so much for them; they wanna give back
The day they got their release Bret texted them saying how proud he was of them for standing up for themselves and what they believe in
They're not committed to anything in the future just yet, especially with how uncertain things look for everything in general during coronavirus. They named Impact, ROH, AEW and New Japan by name, saying they'd love to work with the Bucks, the North, the Briscoes, GoD and FinJuice

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 6, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
On today's Observer Radio Dave reported that Rachel Ellering was cut during the releases last month and she was on the chopping block because she had complained that the training staff did not properly treat her.

So if you were stupid enough to think things had changed much after DeMott was fired, guess again.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What injury did she have?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

TV Zombie posted:

What injury did she have?

Torn ACL or something of the sort iirc

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

To repair a torn ACL you need to lift a really huge boulder onto your back and then do squats. after that you need to do leg curls. three sets 50 reps

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

To repair a torn ACL you need to lift a really huge boulder onto your back and then do squats. after that you need to do leg curls. three sets 50 reps

That's the warm up

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have zero problems believing a building full of crossfit weirdos would be bad for your ACL recovery.

How the gently caress did she miss the memo on not to talk at all about the medical staff tho.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
one of the brazilian wrestlers were released, Cezar Bononi said he was released when his wife was pregnant and now is kind of stuck in the US without a visa. He said working in NXT killed his love of wrestling as a fan because of all the politics backstage and the awful system. Said that all the wrestlers and people were emailed a video of Vince announcing people will be laid off and then got a text/call later. Also said the pay from moving from Brazil to the US was awful. Whole thread here

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1261428019454869505

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That Performance Center really seems to be doing its job, huh?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

KungFu Grip posted:

one of the brazilian wrestlers were released, Cezar Bononi said he was released when his wife was pregnant and now is kind of stuck in the US without a visa. He said working in NXT killed his love of wrestling as a fan because of all the politics backstage and the awful system. Said that all the wrestlers and people were emailed a video of Vince announcing people will be laid off and then got a text/call later. Also said the pay from moving from Brazil to the US was awful. Whole thread here

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1261428019454869505

This is loving heartbreaking holy poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:smith:

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Davros1 posted:

I’m pretty sure we can count on one hand the amount of stars the pc has made

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Manwithastick posted:

I’m pretty sure we can count on one hand the amount of stars the pc has made

One palm

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jesus Christ, he was full time with WWE for more than four years, and in that time he had twelve TV matches. And one win.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wouldn’t put a guy with less than years worth of training on television regularly. Even 4 is pushing it. Wrestling is hard and it takes a certain mentality that is either learned(brutally) or inherited(also brutally).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

I wouldn’t put a guy with less than years worth of training on television regularly. Even 4 is pushing it. Wrestling is hard and it takes a certain mentality that is either learned(brutally) or inherited(also brutally).

Four is not pushing it at all, especially for what is theoretically a world class training institution.

But hey here is just another example of his lovely this company is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah the performance center continues to claim its a top of the line facility, and it just feels like the building itself is the only thing living up to that expectation. There's just poop inside.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah the performance center continues to claim its a top of the line facility, and it just feels like the building itself is the only thing living up to that expectation. There's just poop inside.

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/814652033349382144?s=21

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Cezar Bononi's first recorded match on Cagefight was in 2014 in Brazil, his Wikipedia page says he started training in 2004.

Even ignoring that, his first NXT match (house show) was in February 2016. So if you use that as a metric, Charlotte Flair should have debuted (on developmental) TV in May 2016. The Rock wouldn't have been ready to go until mid-2000. If you ignore his indie stuff, Jay White wouldn't be TV ready until the Tokyo Dome in 2019, the Authors of Pain debuted three years too early, and we shouldn't even be seeing Jake Atlas, Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Austin Theory, Bianca Bel Air, Kris Statlander, or Private Party at all yet. MJF would have been allowed to debut late last year.

Looking at the "Class" that Bononi was part of at the Performance Center:

Christopher Atkins (released in April 2017)
Daria Berenato (Sonya Deville)
Cezar Bononi
Josh Bredl (Bronson Matthews, released November 2017)
Patrick Clark (Velveteen Dream)
Gabriel & Uriel Ealy (released April 2018)
Christopher Girard (Oney Lorcan)
Dallas Harper (released early 2017)
Adrian Jaoude (Arturo Ruas)
Sara Lee (released September 2016)
Dan Matha (released April 2020)
Eddie Orengo (still in the company as a referee I guess?)
Adrienne Reese (Ember Moon)
Amanda Saccomano (Mandy Rose)
Gzim Selmani (Rezar)
Rich Swann

I know half of these people had some/significant experience prior to signing with WWE but if you weren't really TV ready by now that's probably an indictment both of the Performance Center and of you.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 17, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Davros1 posted:

I mean, if the goal is to keep wrestlers from going to the competition or becoming big on the indies, nothing works better than permanently breaking their spirit and making them hate the business. Don’t even have to pay them anymore!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I mean the arguable best wrestler to come from the center is Juice and most of that training probably came from the New Japan dojo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is it true that Regal advised his son to train in Japan versus the PC because lol

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean the arguable best wrestler to come from the center is Juice and most of that training probably came from the New Japan dojo

He was in FCW before NXT started tho, so he wasn't even Performance Center Homegrown or whatever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Better Than You posted:

Is it true that Regal advised his son to train in Japan versus the PC because lol

It was Fit Finlay's son actually but still super lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It was Fit Finlay's son actually but still super lol

Nah, Regals son is also in the NJPW dojo system as of a few months ago.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/02/william-regal-son-joe-bailey-training-for-njpw-career-photos-666764/

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Wouldn't you? Even if your plan is to go to WWE and get the big dollars, even if the performance center wasn't the shittiest part of the already lovely NXT, there's so little chance going through the PC will do your career well. Vince is impressed by people outside his system, once you're in NXT, most people get nothing.

Even forum claimed "blessed" Corbin has 1 belt and piles of lovely feuds.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The NJPW to WWE pipeline does have a lot more success than the PC to WWE pipeline.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the PC's a crossfit deathcamp. You're not gonna learn how to properly wrestle there. You will however, be jacked as poo poo with hosed up joints.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And you used to get the poo poo beaten out of you by Hugh Morris and Bob Holly but now you probably get the poo poo beaten out of you by two different unsuccessful midcarders

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

And you used to get the poo poo beaten out of you by Hugh Morris and Bob Holly but now you probably get the poo poo beaten out of you by two different unsuccessful midcarders

and that's just weight training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://thebilldemottexperience.com/

Ahaha, he's a church going family man motivational speaker now

The Bill Demott Experience is getting your poo poo kicked in but being unable to fight back because you don't want to lose your job - not whatever this is