Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the same people who comment on articles are the same ones showing up to city hall with Assault Rifle 15s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Platystemon posted:

Norms definitely have not degraded in the last few years.

Definitely.

Again, this was literally said on this site, back in 2007. If you can't recognize this sort of thing as the fear mongering it is, you need to step back a bit.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

dee eight posted:

you can put limes up ur rear end for i all care but damned if i ever drink with you now. the nerve of you, ruining a good hefe

But have you tried putting it in covhefe?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Peachfart posted:

Again, this was literally said on this site, back in 2007. If you can't recognize this sort of thing as the fear mongering it is, you need to step back a bit.

Yeah and Swine Flu was a wet fart so no need to worry about this Wuhan coronavirus.

Trump is a budget fascist and I’m not particularly worried about him not leaving office if voted out, but the prospect that an American president wouldn’t is not unthinkable.

How many things, too, are looked upon as quite impossible, until they have been actually effected?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of flags:

Why isn't every flag in the country at half-mast? Are 85,000 dead americans not enough? But some famous person is? USA! USA!

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Trump's name is worth 10 million dollars. Since he put his name on the check you'd be a fool to cash it! It's worth way more than $1,200! You're getting scammed! Just throw it up on eBay. I can see the check in future pawn stars. His base would love to but it because they have those evil feds their priceless Donald Trump stimulus collectors item. Please tell everyone of his base this amazing insider financial opportunity!

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Speaking of flags:

Why isn't every flag in the country at half-mast? Are 85,000 dead americans not enough? But some famous person is? USA! USA!

I guess you could, but realistically this will keep going for many more months, so unless you're willing to fly the flags at half-staff for a year+ it's maybe not time for it yet.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Platystemon posted:

The president has power because people obey his orders.

That’s it. That’s all there is to it.

If you believe that others will continue to follow his orders on 21 January 2021/2025, after an old piece of paper suggests not following his orders, nothing will dissuade you from that.

I thought you were agreeing with me when I first read this. Yikes.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Dear Watson posted:

My state went from an orange to a yellow state of awareness or emergency , whatever that means.

lol

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Personally my Trump doesn't leave office fanfic is him loving off to golf like he always does and returning to find his stuff* outside the White House lawn and all the locks changed.

*or whatever got left by scavengers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Sweden is now 6th in deaths per million people:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

I think they can do better than that....

Midsommer was a documentary

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Australia is lifting restrictions on elective surgery, although the timing of resumption will be up to each state.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I thought you were agreeing with me when I first read this. Yikes.

Am I not?

Trump, as a person, is one of the least credible leaders imaginable. If he hadn’t been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he would never have lead even a conga line.

That is why I do not doubt he will leave office.

If you believe he will leave office because the rule of law in America is absolute, I must disagree with you on that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Several countries aren't even reporting most of their deaths though. Like they will not report people who died "of complications" lol. That's like, a lot of them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
sometimes I just look at the coronavirus map and say "drat" and then I say "gently caress!"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Zzulu posted:

Several countries aren't even reporting most of their deaths though. Like they will not report people who died "of complications" lol. That's like, a lot of them

See if you can find stats for "excess deaths." If the country isn't currently a warzone, those are COVID-19 deaths.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

VideoTapir posted:

See if you can find stats for "excess deaths." If the country isn't currently a warzone, those are COVID-19 deaths.

And it's extremely likely that those are an underestimate of COVID-19 deaths, since most causes of death dipped way down when lockdowns began back in March. Like back in late March half as many people were dying of Flu and Pneumonia (usually caused by Flu) than in a typical year, according to CDC stats. And obviously you're less likely to die in a car accident when you're driving 10% as often as you normally do

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
This is currently doing the rounds on social media in my neck of the woods, supposedly organised by the EDL.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/coolstuffcheap/status/1237884089794834440?s=20

missionaccomplished.mp4

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Alibaba: "For sale: popup field hospital

We regret to inform you that the sale has been cancelled"

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 15, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

This is currently doing the rounds on social media in my neck of the woods, supposedly organised by the EDL.

Say no to the new normal! Because things were soooooooooooooo great just before the coronavirus hit and I wanna go back to that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Now I'm imagining Trump waddling around the oval office like a giant toddler and setting up inept Home-Alone-style booby traps while secret service agents blunder about trying to find him, and then giggling from behind a curtain as Joe Biden steps on a rake which has a hornet's nest tied to the end of it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Now I'm imagining Trump waddling around the oval office like a giant toddler and setting up inept Home-Alone-style booby traps while secret service agents blunder about trying to find him, and then giggling from behind a curtain as Joe Biden steps on a rake which has a hornet's nest tied to the end of it

Fill in the blank:

Joe is a member of the _____ Bandits.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Hey remember that AI or whatever it is that writes fake news?
Me neither.
Talktotransformer.com
Well I just got a good one by typing in “The Coronavirus”.

“The Coronavirus cannot be caught by healthy people who have never had close contact with someone who has the virus, nor can it be transmitted by casual contact. The virus is usually transmitted through the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts of infected people, including through close skin-to-skin contact.

Please keep in mind that the information contained here is designed for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as medical advice. All information included in this website is subject to change without notice. This website does not represent medical advice.”

Seems legit.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Britain First, not the EDL - there's a lot of crossover but BF are attempting to do what the BNP did to/with the National Front in the 80s and make a move to being a lobbying group/political party rather than street fighters. Of course this makes them a lot more dangerous because they can weasel their way into the discourse in a way a bunch of football hooligans can't.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Just went and got an antibody test. I'm already ~85% sure that I had it back in February, I had a bad fever for 4-5 days, headache, cough, felt exhausted and had 0 appetite (literally only ingested Gatorade for that time, tried eating ramen and just nope, it was really weird) and I had flown internationally (from Seattle) like a week or so before. I also was a little short of breath for two or three weeks after that from time to time.

But I'll know in ~48 hours whether or not I had it. If I test positive on the first test they send it to a lab where they triple check that I had it. I forget to ask like who made the tests, but I'll ask when I get my results.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

I always found that completely weird. Like these were super villians that wanted to wipe out all life on the planet. But somehow 9/11 was going too far.

Dr doom isnt a super villain how dare you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Dr doom isnt a super villain how dare you

Man wearing Latveria Forever tshirt shouting "Thats my Absolute Monarch" at TV in restaurant

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

to make it less awkward

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

buddy, they don't even let me

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

free sex doll with every meal

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

hemale in pain posted:

free sex doll with every meal

sir

you forgot your food!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Never, ever listen to anything Jared Kushner says about anything. He's the Dunning-Kruger effect made flesh.

For what it's worth, though, postponing the election really isnt' possible. I'll just copy and paste from here: https://www.trtworld.com/opinion/will-the-us-presidential-election-be-postponed-36244

"A law passed in 1845 specifies that the presidential election must be held every four years and will take place on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November. This year, that date falls on November 3.

Any change to this stipulation must be approved by a majority in both the House and the Senate. Currently, Republicans hold the majority in the Senate, while the Democrats hold a majority in the House. It is a mammoth task to get both parties to agree on any single issue.

Even if the date of the election is changed, the US Constitution stipulates that the term of the election is limited to four years for the president and cabinet. So, the date of the next election notwithstanding, having assumed the office on January 20, 2017, Donald Trump must vacate it no later than January 20, 2021."

lol the US constitution also says police cant search you without a warrant, excessive fines are not allowed, and copyrights must have a limited term.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bollig posted:

Just went and got an antibody test. I'm already ~85% sure that I had it back in February, I had a bad fever for 4-5 days, headache, cough, felt exhausted and had 0 appetite (literally only ingested Gatorade for that time, tried eating ramen and just nope, it was really weird) and I had flown internationally (from Seattle) like a week or so before. I also was a little short of breath for two or three weeks after that from time to time.

But I'll know in ~48 hours whether or not I had it. If I test positive on the first test they send it to a lab where they triple check that I had it. I forget to ask like who made the tests, but I'll ask when I get my results.

Those are the symptoms of drinking too much gatorade

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rutibex posted:

lol the US constitution also says police cant search you without a warrant, excessive fines are not allowed, and copyrights must have a limited term.

Yeah but you don’t have any soldiers quartered in your house, do you?

See, the system works.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pick posted:

sometimes I just look at the coronavirus map and say "drat" and then I say "gently caress!"

Same but it's the mirror after I get out of the shower

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

There Bias Two posted:

Only crazy people write in the comments on articles. This is not a representative sample of the general population.

Thank you. I REALLY needed to hear this. My local news commenters are loving stupid as poo poo and sometimes I engage them. Although for my own sanity I haven't in maybe two weeks.

I close my eyes and whisper to myself: They're not a representative sample of the general population. They're not a representative sample of the general population. They're not a representative sample of the general population.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 15, 2020

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you meet the buddha on the road, cough on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Have they arrested Elon and shut down Tesla yet?