Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I know I'm late to the party but this is the first time I've tried messing around with one of the AI text things and this is the very first thing I got:

talktotransformer.com posted:

All the horror of the Holocaust could not have occurred had the American authorities merely asked the survivors if they would rather be gassed on the spot, or had they accepted the "alternative" and been sent to slave labour.

:stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Wafflecopper posted:

I know I'm late to the party but this is the first time I've tried messing around with one of the AI text things and this is the very first thing I got:

:stonklol:

Just joining the long tradition of algorithms trained on internet text becoming staggering assholes in short order. Sounds like it's a straight-up excerpt from something or other. E: Yeah, the algorithm seems to have a penchant for just sticking something from its training set on the end.

E2:

quote:

You are in a room. There is no need to ask any questions and instead you should just proceed to the next step if you can hear the voice or can feel the presence of God.

Your head will hang low, a pained look in your eyes and you will begin to breathe heavily. The heavy breathing will stop about two minutes into the session.

"Can I please move?"

Can you sit up? Can you do another person?

If you can, then just keep breathing. The breathing is actually not deep, just a form of meditation. This way the meditation allows the other person to breathe with you. In order to strengthen the bonds between you, the breathing should happen at a regular pace.

There we go, just need to make the completion string longer than a couple of words and its coerced into improvising a bit and spitting out...uh...occultic texts, instead???

E3:

quote:

Feeling tired and weary I returned to the bar. A man sat down beside me. "I just killed a man," said I. "You just killed a man?" Said he, "Yes I just killed a man," Said I. "What was his name?" Said he. "Alexander Chapman. He was a glutton." I asked him his name. He said "Pepsy". I asked him what the glutton's name was. He said "Pepsi-Cola" Said I. "Did you drink any Pepsi last night?" Said he. "No I didn't," Said I. "When did you die?" Said he. "I died at eight this morning. I was shot in the eye." He said. "How many

Oh yeah, yep, yep, feeding it longer strings to complete is the way to get the interesting nonsense.

Shady Amish Terror has a new favorite as of 17:47 on May 15, 2020

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I liked this one (first line was the input)

talktotransformer posted:

I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big-rear end dick.

That's why I'm a Proud, proud, conservative, child supporting, gun-toting, woman-hating Christian with six toes on each hand, godly man and wife going strong.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Reminds me of those algorithm-generated T-shirts which are like "PROUD mother of a FORKLIFT DRIVER who was born in NOVEMBER and eats BACON."

Also, TTT has memorized the Navy Seal copypasta. If you put in the first few sentences, it churns out the next few word for word. I did get something different by cutting the text short earlier:

quote:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, ?"

And then Vallance starts to yell, "My parents are really rich." And I just realized he was talking about his parents. And that completely makes sense.

And then I asked him why he'd never done that in high school, and he said, "No, I never was like that. I'm just really f***ing d**k."

And that's when my uncle Bernie comes up and he says, "You've got to try to make this work. You're doing the movie, you know what you want to do, you've got a script ready, you know how to get paid, and I want you to f***in' ask

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/antti_tiihonen/status/1261953503221747712

Here’s something I’ve been fooling around with on iPad. It uses a bunch of particles that float around trying to lazily steer so that they follow the contours of the image of the iPad camera, slowly depositing the color to the canvas. I don’t know where I’m going with this but it’s fun to play with... Which is a sentiment that probably applies to most procedural toys out there :banjo:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My name is forums.somethingawful.com and I'm here to say, ____________, here is what YOU NEED TO KNOW, right now, right here. I do not agree with the action you took. I disagree with the complete tone of your letter, and I do not agree with your naming the victim as ________. Let me be clear. You have called this woman a terrible things. You have called her a worthless fraud. You have called her a worthless doormat. You have called her a whore and a poo poo. The real problem is that she contacted you, and you responded with a lengthy, rambling diatribe that has been ripped straight from the sexist and condescending gutter of the internet.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Has the Automatic Complaint-Letter Generator been posted here before?

quote:

I was outraged and ashamed after hearing about some of Something Awful's latest policies. What follows may be as painful to read as it was to write. I do hope you try to read it all the way through, though, because I fully intend to do whatever it takes to direct your attention in some detail to the vast and irreparable calamity brought upon us by Something Awful, consequences be damned. Sure, Something Awful will likely retaliate by poking someone's eyes out, but every time it spouts some nonsense about how power, politics, and privilege should prevail over the rule of law, the effect is that its lieutenants become even more loyal to it. Sociologists refer to the phenomenon of increased devotion to a poxy, self-righteous theory at the very hour of its destruction by external evidence as “cognitive dissonance”. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, call it proof that if anything, Something Awful has had some success in replacing law and order with anarchy and despotism. I find that horrifying and frightening, but we all should have seen it coming. We all knew that whenever anyone states the obvious—that Something Awful's obloquies reflect a pharisaical bias that will cast a chill over free speech and inquiry and the spirit of democracy by next weekend—discussion naturally progresses towards the question, “Is Something Awful genetically predisposed to establishing rack-and-thumbscrew programs?” I mean, I am not predicting anything specific. I just have a feeling, an intuition, based on several things that are happening now that Something Awful will use every conceivable form of diplomacy, deception, pressure, coercion, bribery, treason, and terror to depressurize the frail vessel of human hopes before the year is over.

Effete strictures have consequences. It doesn't want to discuss that, of course. It'd rather be out making a big deal out of nothing. What this tells us is that I see how important Something Awful's villainous modes of thought are to its deputies and I laugh. I laugh because its campaigns of malice and malignity are an icon for the deterioration of the city, for its slow slide into crime, malaise, and filth.

If Something Awful's wisecracks get any more invidious, I expect they'll grow legs and attack me in my sleep. We must provide you with vital information that Something Awful has gone to great lengths to prevent you from discovering. Our children depend on that. To get even the simplest message into the consciousness of complacent fanatics it has to be repeated at least fifty times. Now, I don't want to insult your intelligence by telling you the following fifty times, but there is indisputably a sleazy dimension to Something Awful's publicity stunts. Or, if “sleazy” is too narrow of a term, perhaps you'd prefer “anal-retentive”. In any case, there are two observations one can make here. The first is that Something Awful's yeomen must be exposed and neutralized wherever they lurk. The second observation is that those who have been shackled and oppressed by Something Awful's resistentialism outfit know full well that even larcenous bubbleheads are ashamed of being associated with Something Awful's disorderly reasoning and rabid actions. These shards of empirical evidence suggest that promoting productive, meaningful dialogue and mutual understanding may be a costly endeavor. Nevertheless, the price of doing nothing is far greater. That's why I insist that Something Awful keeps stating over and over again that the average working-class person can't see through its chicanery. This drumbeat refrain is clearly not consistent with the facts on the ground—facts such as that Something Awful's bruta fulmina manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: turn dissemblers loose against us good citizens. Phase two: foster debauchery. I would like to end on a heartfelt note. Something Awful's assertion that its squibs epitomize wholesome family entertainment serves only to illustrate its ignorance and poorly hidden bigotry.

https://www.pakin.org/complaint/

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

j.peeba posted:

https://twitter.com/antti_tiihonen/status/1261953503221747712

Here’s something I’ve been fooling around with on iPad. It uses a bunch of particles that float around trying to lazily steer so that they follow the contours of the image of the iPad camera, slowly depositing the color to the canvas. I don’t know where I’m going with this but it’s fun to play with... Which is a sentiment that probably applies to most procedural toys out there :banjo:

This is pretty fantastic

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mods please change my name to former tampon-chef tia

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Carthag Tuek posted:

mods please change my name to former tampon-chef tia

How does one even get into that line of work, I mean they're so hot on your hands :confused:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Goddamn salt water fish always trying to get in there, I say you can't justify a ban on tampons as long as that remains a problem

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Cotton is the worst thing you can put on your hands. :ohdear:

On the other hand, tampons deter salt water fish! I guess that refutes the old claim that going swimming on your period will attract sharks...

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm testing out a narrow, urethral version to fend off against that dick-swimming fish

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Aaaauuuughh Dominic you rat! You gave me the ol' salty tampon

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I have to be honest, when this thread started I didn't think it would take off, but it quickly became one of my favorite threads in PYF.

Congrats to [checks OP] Hempuli

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phlegmish posted:

Goddamn salt water fish always trying to get in there, I say you can't justify a ban on tampons as long as that remains a problem
The salt water fish are supposed to be there, it's the resultant saltwater intrusion you have to worry about

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

I mean, it's not wrong, probably.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah that's probably technically right with the exception of 'bud'

e: lol what primitive language wouldn't have a word for bud-buddies

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"You know," he murmurs; the moonlight traces his face in broad, icy strokes. "There's a culture where they have a concept called 'bud-buddies'--"

He lapses into a coy silence, and I seek to draw the words from his mouth by lifting his lovely chin with the crook of an index finger. "Go on." I breathe.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

every culture that has weed has a concept of bud-buddies

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
"Bud-gum it!" yelled Jimbob Cheung.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Did you know that the Chinese word for crisis is the same as that for bud-buddies???

Procgen chess:
https://wumblr.tumblr.com/post/617956956060139520/wumblr-procedurally-generated-chess-pieces-two

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

SerialKilldeer posted:

Did you know that the Chinese word for crisis is the same as that for bud-buddies???

Procgen chess:
https://wumblr.tumblr.com/post/617956956060139520/wumblr-procedurally-generated-chess-pieces-two

candle to E-5, placing black buttplug in check

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

GPT-3 is up, big pile of uncurated samples here

https://github.com/openai/gpt-3/blob/master/175b_samples.jsonl

https://twitter.com/jonathanfly/status/1266186839389548545

Can be coerced into doing grammar fixing as well.

It decided to make a few DND spells. I've done some googling and it doesn't look like this is just copypasting existing text wholesale

quote:

Astral Prison [ edit ]

The magic-user causes a single creature to be imprisoned within its own body. This spell cannot be dispelled, but may be ended by a successful Dispel Magic spell cast upon the victim.

The victim of the Astral Prison spell will not be able to take any actions, but will be able to communicate normally with any creature within the same square as the victim. The victim will be able to leave his body for up to 4 turns each day, during which time he can move anywhere within spell range and return to his body at will.

The victim of the Astral Prison spell is not considered helpless while his body is within the Astral Plane.

Example: Rab, a 1st level magic-user, controls Grog, a 6th level fighter, who is a real bully and would do well to be imprisoned. Rab casts Astral Prison on Grog. Grog is trapped within his own body and is now helpless. Grog can use up to 4 turns each day in which he may leave his body and attack from afar.

quote:

You can help D&D Wiki by improving the formatting on this page. When the formatting has been changed so that this template is no longer applicable please remove this template. If you do not understand D&D Wiki's formatting standards please leave comments on this page's talk page before making any edits.

Edit this Page | All pages needing formatting help

Undead are the animated corpses of the deceased, brought back to unlife through foul magic or divine intervention.

Most undead are mindless automatons that wander about, attacking the living if they are mindless or left un-commanded by their controller. Some of these undead are highly intelligent, acting as soldiers in armies or guardians of tombs. More powerful undead have been known to roam the world under their own volition, seeking to kill the living for revenge or to fuel their undeath.

Being intelligent creatures, undead can be found in many different social standings. In the cities of civilized races, the dead are commonly entombed and given proper funerals, while necromancers sometimes command vast armies of the undead to do their bidding.

Animate Dead [ edit ]

The magic-user is able to make the corpse of a creature move and attack.

The undead created will depend on the level of the magic-user:

If the magic-user is 1st level, then the undead can be a corpse of a man-sized animal such as a wolf, bear, or lion. The corpse may be \"animated\" with the appropriate skills such as: Climb, Hide, or Move Silently. The DM will determine what skills the corpse has.

If the magic-user is 2nd level, then the undead can be a man-sized corpse with two or more of the above skills. For every level beyond 2nd level, the corpse may gain another skill.

Animated dead may be commanded by the controlling magic-user as a free action, or they may be allowed to wander without purpose as mindless automatons. The undead may also be set to attack one target only or be left free to attack any target within range. The undead may be controlled in such a way as to be under the command of any creature holding the control device, as a charge-based device or wand, as a magical amulet, or by any other means.

If the magic-user is killed, then the control device is automatically destroyed. If the magic-user is unwilling to control the undead, or if he wishes to relinquish control, then the undead must make a Will save against the magic-user's level +2 or become uncontrolled.

The animate dead spell cannot create any undead creature with a 4+1 or better on the Hit Dice. If the corpse is missing a limb or appendage, the corpse may not use that particular appendage. The missing limb may be reattached by a cleric with 8+ experience level. The reattachment requires 1 minute of chanting, a flask of holy water, a light fire, and two torches.

Example: Thaeron, a 1st level magic-user, animates a dead wolf with the skill climb, but the wolf has no skill of hide. This wolf can move, but is not able to hide from the sight of the living.

Example: Kairon, a 3rd level magic-user, animates a wolf, giving it the skills of climb, hide, and move silently. Kairon now has a very stealthy animal to use for reconnaissance.

Example: Emric, a 5th level magic-user, animates a dead lion. Emric now has a formidable beast to add to his retinue.

CAUTION: Undead created through this spell may not be raised or resurrected. Only the spell life can restore the dead to life.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 03:47 on May 29, 2020

Tea In A Shoe
Feb 1, 2009
This bot is having a surprisingly aware but weird conversation with itself:

[https://www.reddit.com/r/SubSimulatorGPT2/comments/gsjde0/i_woke_up_today_my_heart_racing_and_my_breath/]

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

quote:

Example: Rab, a 1st level magic-user, controls Grog, a 6th level fighter, who is a real bully and would do well to be imprisoned.

Extremely plausible that this would have been written by a D&D nerd

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"I don't think its bad, but I think the last line is unnecessary and the whole thing is just weird. I think it would have worked better without the last line. Also, I don't think any other words need to be used."

i also like

"I see a reference to this post in your story" where this links to this apparently autogenerated url:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoSentenceHorror/comments/cuq2w2/i_slept_with_my_friend_until_we_finally_came_to/

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 19:33 on May 29, 2020

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ah I didn't know they'd written a new Dune book

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Ha, that's...actually surprisingly close to workable as a short horror story. I'd suggest some more sign-posting, and maybe trying to build to a more concrete reveal, but you do you, text bot.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that plague has kind of a langford basilisk feeeeping the nati spreads through wor ery contag plague plplaguplague ue agu pla paugla laug ue ue ue

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

My wife (my wife!) is in a writers circle her old professor started around march, and this is basically a lot of people's writing IRL.

this poo poo straight up fooled me because I wasn't paying attention to the thread I was in, and didn't know that was a bot.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Is there any chance talktotransformer or a similar site implements GPT3 for the public to mess with or does the number of parameters(won't pretend to know exactly what that means) being 100 times higher make that infeasible?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

joe football posted:

Is there any chance talktotransformer or a similar site implements GPT3 for the public to mess with or does the number of parameters(won't pretend to know exactly what that means) being 100 times higher make that infeasible?

A talktotransformer-type site utilized the more advanced version of GPT-2 for a bit but had to close because their monthly bandwidth costs or somesuch became astronomical thanks to how much churning the neural network has to do. I'd imagine that GPT-3 is in a similar boat, but maybe a solution can be found?

SerialKilldeer posted:

Procgen chess:

I really like Sauron's tower in the bottom right!

Phlegmish posted:

I have to be honest, when this thread started I didn't think it would take off, but it quickly became one of my favorite threads in PYF.

Congrats to [checks OP] Hempuli

Thanks a lot :)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bandwidth cost isnt the problem for these things, its the processing. that part would cost roughly the same for any version of gpt or similar, but the bigger the dumb brain is, the more it costs to run because it needs a bunch of cpus/gpus/ram that cant be used for anything else while its running

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

they apparently trained smaller gpt-3s as well as the bigass one, so in principle a smaller one might be feasible.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Wasabi the J posted:

I wasn't paying attention to the thread I was in, and didn't know that was a bot.
this happens to me a lot in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I just assume all other goons are bots and I'm the only human left posting here.

Or am I..............