Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hadlock posted:

Honestly at the time the Butlerian Jihad sounded completely implausible and impractical, but I think the Frank Herbert clan was really on to something

The internet was freaking awesome in the late 1990s/early 2000s before everyone got broadband, then the mouth breathers all got online with the advent of the iPhone

I think history is repeating itself though, the Usenet fuckers of olde had the same complaint

Probably should just burn down the internet at this point, it's doing more harm than good at this point

We went through the same poo poo when the printing press was invented

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ruddiger posted:

I wonder if Trump hyping up Obamagate during his speeches is going to get one of his supporter's gassed up enough to take a shot at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNlSRd2w5IA

How the gently caress is that not libel?

Because he never says what the crime is? I guess he (or his handlers) are at least smart enough to not say the made-up crime, and instead let their helpful morons on the internet do the work and libel for them.

Edit: Thought this was clever, but then started thinking about the people this is supposed to finally "get through to" and they would probably like to legalize Impaired Driving.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Blistex posted:

Because he never says what the crime is? I guess he (or his handlers) are at least smart enough to not say the made-up crime, and instead let their helpful morons on the internet do the work and libel for them.

Edit: Thought this was clever, but then started thinking about the people this is supposed to finally "get through to" and they would probably like to legalize Impaired Driving.

there is absolutely people who are opposed to laws based on the fact that they ARE laws

IIRC in the cspam thread someone was talking about someone they knew who, while otherwise very intelligent, refused to use a seatbelt entirely on the basis that it was the law

and since we live in a time when being contrarian to scientific consensus makes people feel like they are clever 100% some people will start getting hammered and driving because muh freedums

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is the crime that Obama is black?

:confused:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Blistex posted:

that is exactly it, he's simply making a reference to a whole umbrella of various conspiracy theories and he doesn't need to endorse any particular one, just throw the word "obamagate" out there to get the process started and the conversation away from his handling of the virus and split with fauci, or better yet to get certain minds associating the scientific establishment with the "deep state" and previous administration

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

cash crab posted:

there is absolutely people who are opposed to laws based on the fact that they ARE laws

IIRC in the cspam thread someone was talking about someone they knew who, while otherwise very intelligent, refused to use a seatbelt entirely on the basis that it was the law

Does this person also kill everyone they meet because the law says they can’t? What a moronic attitude

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk it takes real balls and/or crippling mental problems to be chaotic neutral IRL

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I'd venture a guess that this is just a tactic to get the media attention away from the COVID-19 for at least a couple of days or weeks, since the 100k official deaths in US is approaching fast.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Der Kyhe posted:

I'd venture a guess that this is just a tactic to get the media attention away from the COVID-19 for at least a couple of days or weeks, since the 100k official deaths in US is approaching fast.

when the odometer hits 100k we all get another round of do you like me yet money

i hate this game show

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Der Kyhe posted:

It's absolutely this and there's no doubt that the WH has ordered their usual propaganda networks to fall in line and divert attention.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

zer0spunk posted:

when the odometer hits 100k we all get another round of do you like me yet money

its going to hit 100k like tomorrow so no we wont be getting another round of money by then. tons of people still waiting on the first check

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

zer0spunk posted:

i hate this game show

Press Your Luck except the Whammies are covid

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Earwicker posted:

its going to hit 100k like tomorrow so no we wont be getting another round of money by then. tons of people still waiting on the first check

The US should hit 90,000 deaths in about a day from now, it'll probably take a little over a week to hit 100k

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

oh yeah i misread the amount it had grown by the previous day

however, i dont think anyone will be getting a second check by next week either!

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Colonel Cancer posted:

Things were so much better when internet was full of STEMlords and proto incels in the 90s
:goonsay:

Elitism is ugly, if you think an average person is lesser than human, you might want to re-examine your beliefs.

I don’t think there is anything wrong or elitist with missing a gathering space. But it’s not gone really, those people are just posting on StackOverflow or something rather than YouTube

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Is it safe to eat rear end? Do I have to restrict my rear end eating to no more than 4 adults at a time? My need to eat rear end > your life.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you can eat it from 2m away

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Delta-Wye posted:

Is it safe to eat rear end? Do I have to restrict my rear end eating to no more than 4 adults at a time? My need to eat rear end > your life.

Probably don't eat any strange rear end, but if it's someone you're hanging around anyway go for it.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

How do you make a cardboard box that can hold 80 Kg?
Or 150, for the american version?

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
I'm beginning to suspect Donald Trump and his supporters are really big loving idiots about COVID.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Your Shoes posted:

I'm beginning to suspect Donald Trump and his supporters are really big loving idiots about COVID.

It's a bit early to make such assumptions, don't you think? We won't know for sure until at least the middle of the second term.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Hospital to grave efficiency invention sounds so USA. I bet there are some ceos pissed about losing such an opportunity to Columbia

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Dear Watson posted:

Hospital to grave efficiency invention sounds so USA. I bet there are some ceos pissed about losing such an opportunity to Columbia

im sure there are plenty of other ceos who will have no gripes about just stealing the idea and doing it themselves

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

Bronze Fonz posted:

It's a bit early to make such assumptions, don't you think? We won't know for sure until at least the middle of the second term.

I'll maybe keep giving them the benefit of a doubt, I might need one of the maga hat people who can translate Trump's verbal aneurysms into English so I can understand why he is so mad about Obama's house gate during these Covid times.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Only about 1/3rd of the country supports him. Hope this helps.

Historically you only need about a tenth of the population to support a rebellion or coup for it to be successful.
Hope this helps.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Your Shoes posted:

I'll maybe keep giving them the benefit of a doubt, I might need one of the maga hat people who can translate Someone With Tiny Hands's verbal aneurysms into English so I can understand why he is so mad about Obama's house gate during these Covid times.

Its posts like this that let all you goons and gonnettes know that your shoes is NOT my shoes.

Its just a different caliber of posting

and mine is better

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

mrfart posted:

If you're american you just sink into the coffin and they bury you.

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

My Shoes posted:

Its posts like this that let all you goons and gonnettes know that your shoes is NOT my shoes.

Its just a different caliber of posting

and mine is better

I'm your shoes and I am concerned about covid

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Earwicker posted:

im sure there are plenty of other ceos who will have no gripes about just stealing the idea and doing it themselves

Doing it themselves, patenting it with underhanded and pseudo-illegal political tactics, *and* shutting down the Colombian developer team to put the price tag to 50k USD per carton bedcoffin.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
A hospital bed coffin, that get this, is also a ranch dressing fountain.

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

A hospital bed coffin, that get this, is also a ranch dressing fountain.

Where would you put the never ending chocolate fountain ?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Der Kyhe posted:

Doing it themselves, patenting it with underhanded and pseudo-illegal political tactics, *and* shutting down the Colombian developer team to put the price tag to 50k USD per carton bedcoffin.

by the fall of 2020 a good 40% of the paid social media advertising in support of "reopen" protests during the second wave will be tied directly to the bedcoffinbox industry

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Know what I'm concerned about?

OBAMAGATE!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

teardrop posted:

I don’t think there is anything wrong or elitist with missing a gathering space. But it’s not gone really, those people are just posting on StackOverflow or something rather than YouTube

The internet was good until the hoi polloi showed up is elitist. I know it's easy to ignore the unwashed masses and pretend that they don't exist but they are a product of the same society you benefit from.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

mrfart posted:

500 or 600 double wall corrugated might do it. If not, there are probably some sort of gussets on the inside that are bonded or mechanically fastened in place.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Used to have to be a real goth to sleep in a coffin :thunk:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Your Shoes posted:

I'll maybe keep giving them the benefit of a doubt, I might need one of the maga hat people who can translate Trump's verbal aneurysms into English so I can understand why he is so mad about Obama's house gate during these Covid times.

We're gonna need more data and data is gut-feeling proven to be unreliable, let's just assume Obama bad.

Now that this is settled, let's open uuuuuuuuup bitches! Who wants some bbq??

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Jesus christ 13000 posts since I last checked this thread.
What I miss?

Yikes....this didn't age well. :chloe:

The Real Amethyst posted:

I'll start worrying when it gets to SARS or Swine Flu levels of outbreak.
Heck even ebola wasn't all that worrying for anybody in the west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man, just imagine what it would feel like to go to the hospital and they bed you in a coffin in a ward full of coffin beds.