Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

teagone posted:

They're called lekku.

The horns are montrals, the tails are lekku. Which is why I usually want to say "rack."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Madurai posted:

The horns are montrals, the tails are lekku. Which is why I usually want to say "rack."

My bad, I thought you were referring to the lower bits of the "headpiece". Yeah, just call the montrals horns if you don't wanna be nerdy about it lol.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I thought Lekku was just a twi’lek thing. Or is that the generic term for any Star Wars alien’s weird head-tail things?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I thought Lekku was just a twi’lek thing. Or is that the generic term for any Star Wars alien’s weird head-tail things?

It's the latter, or has been since non-Twl'lek head-tail races started showing up.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Teek posted:

Nobody post this yet? New Hot Toys Captain Rex revealed. They're going to start doing more Clone Wars stuff.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/hot-toys-first-clone-wars-figure-is-incredibly-brain-br-1843422298

Could just be the lighting or my cynicism, but Toy Rex looks weirdly light skinned compared to his animated counterparts.

On a more positive note, I’ve been rewatching Star Wars cartoons, and have noticed I hate both early ezra and Ahsoka but love them by the end of their runs. I never got on board Resistance, is it worth checking out?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

No.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

Could just be the lighting or my cynicism, but Toy Rex looks weirdly light skinned compared to his animated counterparts.

On a more positive note, I’ve been rewatching Star Wars cartoons, and have noticed I hate both early ezra and Ahsoka but love them by the end of their runs. I never got on board Resistance, is it worth checking out?

With Resistance you keep waiting for the same growth from Kazuda and it never happens because he's too busy slipping on banana peels.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Roach Warehouse posted:

It's the worst of the three animated series, but I highly recommend it nonetheless, if only for completion's sake

It never reaches TCW or Rebel's highs, but in the context of the Sequel Trilogy era, it's very good

Any episode featuring the First Order is leaps and bounds better than when they're not around, almost jarringly so at times

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I guess the hot new "exclusive insider rumor" going around is that (spoiled because it's almost definitely not true but you'll probably see people talk about it) instead of being in Mandalorian season 2 they're doing an Ahsoka live-action show.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

I guess the hot new "exclusive insider rumor" going around is that (spoiled because it's almost definitely not true but you'll probably see people talk about it) instead of being in Mandalorian season 2 they're doing an Ahsoka live-action show.

Seems like it'd make more sense post-Mandalorian once they've seen the reaction to her, but hey I'd take it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I had heard that a while back, as a spin-off series.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally finished, read all 200 posts I missed and wow, what a ride. The Spice sisters were kind of a lull but it got interesting with them trying to break out then the goddamn Mando's appear. Loved it all and more so for the final 2 episodes going balls to the wall. And it's no wonder Sidious worked with Maul - he's a monster, altho unhinged - he would prob be one of the few who could go toe to toe with Vader though.

Anyways, put Filoni in charge of everything - he know's what works.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Listening to the directors of The Mandalorian talk about their work makes me sad the movies flopped after Rogue One

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Vinylshadow posted:

Listening to the directors of The Mandalorian talk about their work makes me sad the movies flopped after Rogue One

TLJ came after Rogue One.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

jivjov posted:

TLJ came after Rogue One.

That's what I said.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Vinylshadow posted:

That's what I said.

TLJ didn't flop. It easily cracked a billion, set home media sales records for the year, and was among the best reviewed films of the year.

Edit: (and that's all before getting into the actually content of the film and how it's the single best entry in the entire franchise)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Just because you and the YouTube accounts you follow didn't like something doesn't mean it flopped. That's not what flopped means.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Yeah, neither TLJ or Rise of Skywalker flopped. Each one made less than its predecessor, but their box office trajectory more or less perfectly matches to the box office trajectories of the original trilogy, which did the same.

Solo is the only Star Wars movie to flop so far.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yeah, neither TLJ or Rise of Skywalker flopped. Each one made less than its predecessor, but their box office trajectory more or less perfectly matches to the box office trajectories of the original trilogy, which did the same.

Solo is the only Star Wars movie to flop so far.

The Clone Wars movie did pretty bad too, but I can’t imagine it really lost any money.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Pops Mgee posted:

The Clone Wars movie did pretty bad too, but I can’t imagine it really lost any money.

It's hard to count that one, since it was originally being developed as separate episodes of the TV show before being smashed together as a movie at the last minute. Hell, not even I saw it in the theater, I barely even noticed it was a thing at the time. But yeah, that definitely does count.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
You know, after rewatching Rebels, I got to ask.

Do you think the Lothal Sector is like the Bermuda Triangle to the Empire. This sector of the galaxy that has a tendency of destroying your ships and has a high level of weird Force poo poo that occurs around there? Of sure. Ezra isn’t around to direct the animal show, but those Loth-wolves are still active .

One day we will get some backstory on what the deal was with that darn temples history. Or we won’t and the loth-cats shall laugh at our suffering.

Seriously though, Lothal honestly is somehow more weird to me than Mortis in some aspects because at least the Mortis stuffed was only really experienced by other force users. You could honestly make a decent argument that Mortis was just a weird vision.

The Lothal Force stuff is weird in that the mystical force stuff drags everyone, non-force user or not onto it’s wild ride. Its odd to say the least. Not bad,I actually like it. But it’s definitely... different.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Logical1234 posted:

You know, after rewatching Rebels, I got to ask.

Do you think the Lothal Sector is like the Bermuda Triangle to the Empire. This sector of the galaxy that has a tendency of destroying your ships and has a high level of weird Force poo poo that occurs around there? Of sure. Ezra isn’t around to direct the animal show, but those Loth-wolves are still active .

I think the Empire is so large, and by extension the Imperial fleet is so large, that the carnage we see on-screen is just a minor statistical blip. After Vader left Tatooine, notable nowheresville in the galaxy, the local garrison still had four Star Destroyers to chase Our Heroes with. Like the Royal Navy at its peak, just entropy alone means a steady stream of ship losses do to mishaps.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

And instead of maintaining and expanding that fleet the Empire poured a significant part of its budget into a giant battlestation built around a planet-killer weapon.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

AndyElusive posted:

Just because you and the YouTube accounts you follow didn't like something doesn't mean it flopped. That's not what flopped means.

Failed spectacularly in the storytelling department

Sorry for not using more words to get my meaning across - I prefer brevity

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

And instead of maintaining and expanding that fleet the Empire poured a significant part of its budget into a giant battlestation built around a planet-killer weapon.

You know what the best part about rewatching Rebels is? Realizing that Kanan’s sacrifice was domino effect that screw the Empire in every way.

On the Force side of things, Kanan through DUME gave Ezra the chance to save Ashoka, thus turning the S2 finale into a success, and also ensured that Ezra would permantly destroy the Temple. Also finally giving Ezra the last lesson he would need to be able to resist Sidious offer in it series finale.

And through his death, not only did the Tie Defender production get shut down, but Thrawn, the one who had been pushing for the Tie Defender project to be chosen over the Death Star got yeeted into Hyperspace.

So now the Empire is putting a lot of their resources into Death Star, and they are out one skill general.

Then Rouge One and the OT happens.

A single Jedi’s self-sacrifice protecting his family caused this. No wonder Palpatine stopped laughing when Luke threw away his lightsaber. When a Jedi embraces their role as a selfless protector, that’s when they are a thier most powerful.

Madurai posted:

I think the Empire is so large, and by extension the Imperial fleet is so large, that the carnage we see on-screen is just a minor statistical blip. After Vader left Tatooine, notable nowheresville in the galaxy, the local garrison still had four Star Destroyers to chase Our Heroes with. Like the Royal Navy at its peak, just entropy alone means a steady stream of ship losses do to mishaps.

True enough. Still I would like to belief that there is some weird rear end rumors surrounding Lothal

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Failed spectacularly in the storytelling department

Sorry for not using more words to get my meaning across - I prefer brevity

Okay, I'll be equally brief: you're wrong. Movie good. Also objectively a financial success, so in no way a flop.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Moon Slayer posted:

Okay, I'll be equally brief: you're wrong. Movie good. Also objectively a financial success, so in no way a flop.

:yeah:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Please play a space sheriff.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1261408191528742913

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Excellent choice for Thrawn.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I want Space Raylan so bad.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don’t play with my emotions like that.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

He exists, and is also potentially plot-relevant!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Eh, they'll just get Lars Mikkelson back in for that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

SPACE RAYLEN PLEASE

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cross-Section posted:

Eh, they'll just get Lars Mikkelson back in for that.

Would be only fitting to get another Mikkelson to play live-action Thrawn, and by that I mean Mads.

Disney pls.

[edit] I would also be ok with Jason Isaacs or Michael Fassbender.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

teagone posted:

Would be only fitting to get another Mikkelson to play live-action Thrawn, and by that I mean Mads.

Disney pls.

[edit] I would also be ok with Jason Isaacs or Michael Fassbender.
Mads was already in RO, so probably not making him Thrawn

Jason Isaacs should reprise grand inquisitor somehow

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Moon Slayer posted:

And then, after it blew up having only managed to destroy one city, one Imperial base, and one planet, they did it AGAIN (but BIGGER this time!) and lost that one before it managed to do more than kill a couple of star cruisers. And that doesn't even get into the silliness of the sequel planet killer weapons. :doh:

howe_sam posted:

I want Space Raylan so bad.

Man, I really did enjoy Justified.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yes but what about Walton Goggins?

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Any news on another animated series or is that all over and done with.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

Yes but what about Walton Goggins?

:hmmyes:

thelaughingman posted:

Any news on another animated series or is that all over and done with.

Last I remember I thought this was supposed to be the Aphra one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Mads was already in RO, so probably not making him Thrawn

Jason Isaacs should reprise grand inquisitor somehow

I don't think I liked Rogue One as much as a lot of people, but I'll admit its highs were pretty high.
I really think Mads was wasted in it though.