Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aba
Oct 2, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Do you have 2FA enabled on your account?

Yes. Since the beginning as I've got like 10 attempts of account hijacking during the first week.

Found this in the log:
code:
[2020.05.15-07.10.44:990][549]LogPurchaseFlowWeb: About to send placeOrderClicked event
[2020.05.15-07.10.45:091][552]LogPurchaseFlowWeb: message code not found:
[2020.05.15-07.10.45:091][552]LogPurchaseFlowWeb: Uncaught (in promise) Error: Request failed with status code 400
[2020.05.15-07.10.46:122][583]LogPurchaseFlowWeb: Place order clicked

aba fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I don't know about being completely blocked from downloading, but I'm now getting a notice on the download tab of the launcher saying "Due to high demand, bandwidth in your region is temporarily limited."

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

aba posted:

Found this in the log:
code:
[2020.05.15-07.10.44:990][549]LogPurchaseFlowWeb: About to send placeOrderClicked event
[2020.05.15-07.10.45:091][552]LogPurchaseFlowWeb: Uncaught (in promise) Error: Request failed with status code 400

Dunno if this helps, but status code 400 "Bad Request" is the HTTP response for when a back end decides it was sent a malformed message. So you might be looking at some kind of bug instead of an intentional block.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

goferchan posted:

Man, I know most people who want those games already have them, but those are some wild free game releases. If you got a PC with nothing on it aside from all the games that have been free on EGS you'd be set for a long long time.

Yeah I got back into PC gaming just over a year ago and the amount of free or near-free games I've got across EGS, GOG and Steam has been staggering.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Upcoming free games!

The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game

A very positive Lego game going free on steam from 15 May 2020 – 13:00:00 UTC. Also on Xbox/PS4.

Four Kings One War

An interesting looking sort-of-multichess game. Free on steam from 16 May 2020 – 07:00:00 UTC.

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi

Some very positive anime VN. Described as a "sound novel" whatever that means. Free on steam and GoG right now.

10 Second Ninja X

A very positive "hardcore sidescroller", probably involving ninjas in some way. Or maybe Ninja Xs, anyway. Free on steam from 21 May 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Man, those cicadas really do cry though.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Eh! Frank posted:

Was the 2013 "Tomb Raider" game given out for free at some point? It's in my Steam library for some reason (and the new "Play Next" feature has it listed at the top for me now), and I definitely never bought it (I have zero interest in it). I'm guessing it was a giveaway somewhere at some point, but I don't have any email receipts for it, I always save them even for free games. And I seriously don't remember ever adding it.

Finished this the other day on my work laptop (hehe), and it was pretty good. Very good, in fact since it was free.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Well I downloaded all 95GB of GTA5 did about 12 image identify CAPTCHA's but I guess the RSC verification emails are in a queue somewhere.

Any other way to verify?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

tight aspirations posted:

Described as a "sound novel" whatever that means.
It means "lots of text, not so much in the way of graphics, and a lot of focus on music and sound effects". Also, this one's apparently free "until an effective vaccine or treatment is discovered", so it's probably gonna be up for grabs for a while.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

tight aspirations posted:

Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi

Some very positive anime VN. Described as a "sound novel" whatever that means. Free on steam and GoG right now.

This is chapter 1 of 8. Higurashi is very very long. You can kind of describe it as anime Twin Peaks, as it covers the same short span of time in a kind of time loop (maybe) as people die in horrifying ways. It's also a look at small town Japan, child abuse, and other issues.

I personally prefer the author's other work, Umineko, but Higurashi has its moments where it's genuinely brilliant. But god drat is the pacing slow.

e: Oh and it's the kind of visual novel with no choices. It's basically a book with pictures n' sound effects.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
The Lego ninja game mentioned earlier is claimable now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640590/The_LEGO_NINJAGO_Movie_Video_Game/

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone here get motion sickness from GTAV? My girlfriend got it bad when I tried playing it. I'll look it up online, but I was wondering if any goons had a quick fix before I start searching. Only one game has ever done that to me and that was Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I immediately uninstalled it.

Free games AND free puke! Best thread.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Supposed leak on Reddit of the next run of EGS freebies are:
- Civilisation 6 (May 21st)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (May 28th)
- ARK: Survival Evolved (June 4th)

Pretty believable, Civ 6 has a new season pass out soon so probably want people on board for free to get eyes on that, Borderlands has basically been pennies for years now and ARK has been around for roughly 10 decades.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Does anyone here get motion sickness from GTAV? My girlfriend got it bad when I tried playing it. I'll look it up online, but I was wondering if any goons had a quick fix before I start searching. Only one game has ever done that to me and that was Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I immediately uninstalled it.

gently caress about with the video settings. Changing brightness in GTA sorted it for me, weirdly enough.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

But the leak was just Witcher 3?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Witcher 3 is already on normal sale on EGS, the free mystery games are usually Epic Game Store debuts.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Waffleman_ posted:

The Witcher 3 is already on normal sale on EGS, the free mystery games are usually Epic Game Store debuts.

The joke was that these leaks are literally just people posting bullshit on the internet and not actual leaks

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

An Ounce of Gold posted:

My eyes have always had a hard time focusing when playing GTAV when I only had it on my Xbone.
Haven't given it the time to check it out for that yet.
But sounds like it might just be the same.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Is it perhaps the depth of field effect that cause it? Try turning those off in the options menu and see.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like some game called Silence has landed in the Twitch Prime Loot Hole. I don't know what it is.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The Kins posted:

Looks like some game called Silence has landed in the Twitch Prime Loot Hole. I don't know what it is.

Silence is a sequel to the terrible adventure game, The Whispered World.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Kins posted:

Not sure if it helps but its the sequel of a pretty bad point 'n' click from Daedalic, The Whispered World

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I never played The Whispered World, but I played Silence a while back and enjoyed it.

aba
Oct 2, 2013

aba posted:

Yes. Since the beginning as I've got like 10 attempts of account hijacking during the first week.

Found this in the log:
code:

If someone else has the same issue I've fixed it after reading https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicGamesPC/comments/gjufu3/your_account_is_unable_to_download_any_more_free/

I've used my mobile Internet instead of my local provider and it worked with no issues.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
EGS gives all this stuff away for free because kids are constantly buying new hats in Fortnite?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

EGS gives all this stuff away for free because kids are constantly buying new hats in Fortnite?

It's probably more the $330 million from Tencent.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Waltzing Along posted:

That helps but they also want you in the Epic ecosystem. If they can get you to make an account by giving free games away you might eventually buy a game in their store, or sign up for a future service. Or give advertising info to Tencent at the minimum.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they make a lot of money from fortnite and unreal engine licensing to the point where they just announced that if you make a game with unreal engine they're waiving all their royalties until your game makes $1 million in gross revenue

starting a competing game store was literally 'we have more money than we know what to do with it' and all these freebies are to get people over the hump to use and look at the store regularly

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

McGavin posted:

It's probably more the $330 million from Tencent.

Fortnite has made somewhere around $4 billion in the last two years.

edit: Yeah then you can factor in the 5% royalty they're taking in on non-EGS exclusive games that use Unreal Engine. Some quick napkin math gives them like $15 million off Dragon Quest XI, $10 million off FF7 Remake, $12 million off Tekken 7 home versions and god-knows-what from arcade machines, etc etc. All these are ballpark figures but they're making more money than god at the end of the day even before investments

goferchan fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 15, 2020

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Silence is a sequel to the terrible adventure game, The Whispered World.

Samuringa posted:

Not sure if it helps but its the sequel of a pretty bad point 'n' click from Daedalic, The Whispered World

You guys didn't like The Whispered World? I thought it was a charming little thing. Had some fine voice acting in places.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also they give game devs pretty good incentives (aka $$)to put their games there.

Despite what the grognards whine about it’s overall not a bad store/launcher

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Also they give game devs pretty good incentives (aka $$)to put their games there.

Despite what the grognards whine about it’s overall not a bad store/launcher

Its a pretty lovely launcher that doesnt even have basic functionality like telling you how big your install will be.
All of this free give away and dev incentives are because no one would use it otherwise.
They are basically paying you to use it.

Its like tying meat around an ugly childs neck just so the dog will play with him.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 15, 2020

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
EGS is a storefront without a shopping cart.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Does it have search or browse yet?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

THE BAR posted:

You guys didn't like The Whispered World? I thought it was a charming little thing. Had some fine voice acting in places.

I sort of liked what I played of the Whispered World. The art style was really well done I think. I came across some pretty annoying bugs and also an issue with mouse clicking (I know that this had been resolved by now), so I stopped and never went back to it.

The protagonist's voice acting was really terrible, at least in the English version. I kind of get what they were going for, but oh boy I did not look forward to hearing more of it at all.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

THE BAR posted:

I could not stand what a miserable sad sack the protag was. Maybe there's some good stuff if you can endure all the constant whimpering, I couldn't.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Samuringa posted:

I could not stand what a miserable sad sack the protag was. Maybe there's some good stuff if you can endure all the constant whimpering, I couldn't.

Well, it got better during the last quarter.

AbstractNapper posted:

The protagonist's voice acting was really terrible, at least in the English version. I kind of get what they were going for, but oh boy I did not look forward to hearing more of it at all.

This, however, did not.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure there's a moratorium on debating the finer points of the EGS in this thread

(I only know this because I wandered in here and accidentally started it up one day and a shitstorm of bad posts ensued)

I wish I had a free game to post about to be on topic but I don't. But I will at least say that I've been enjoying that Sherlock Holmes game Crimes & Punishments from a while ago! It's like all the fun parts of LA Noire without the ridiculous uncanny valley face inspection element.

Also I did NOT enjoy The Stanley Parable. I thought for sure I would based on all the positive goon feedback but eh.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

THE BAR posted:

It was mostly tolerable, not too terrible, but then it had the ending that almost always ruins a work for me with the whole it was all a dream thing. There was some foreshadowing that was the case, but I still had hope it wouldn't end like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bottom Liner posted:

So it's on par with the Nintendo eShop

It's 2020 and the last of shopping carts on both is just dumb