Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fisher knew where a lot of bodies were buried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Now just because he looked like the guy who'd be standing next to Joe Pesci in any given movie....

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

6-10 feet deep

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

We've just reached an age where there's nothing more unpalatable than going 7-9 or something. We now recognize that being truly bad gets you in the running for franchise-changing draft picks.

I don't remember the Bengals ever being more relevant or talked about than they are now after their worst season ever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

We've just reached an age where there's nothing more unpalatable than going 7-9 or something. We now recognize that being truly bad gets you in the running for franchise-changing draft picks.

I don't remember the Bengals ever being more relevant or talked about than they are now after their worst season ever.

Probably 2015, when they tied for the conference lead in wins butttt they ended up in 3rd place and the other two were the Brady Pats and Peyton Broncos, so they still got no coverage. Then they got bounced in that insane Steelers-Bengals playoff game.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Reminder how bitch made the Rams are: they fired Fisher on a short week just so he couldn't get the losingest ever coaching record.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kalli posted:

Probably 2015, when they tied for the conference lead in wins butttt they ended up in 3rd place and the other two were the Brady Pats and Peyton Broncos, so they still got no coverage. Then they got bounced in that insane Steelers-Bengals playoff game.

i'd say that if andy's thumb wasn't broken for that playoff game, the bengals would have won. it's insane that they got that close to winning with aj mccarron starting

but the fates would have found a way. the bengals are a trash cursed franchise

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1261325660401909762

here's the legend wrecking people but without a white suit

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fisher sucked rear end. Terrible coach that dragged down talented teams and only won when McNair and George willed them to wins.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

One more win that year in the regular season and they would have gotten a bye. It came out after the fact, though, that Dalton wouldn't have been able to play through the Super Bowl that year. Early on it was ambiguous on when he would have come back. It hurts a lot less knowing that, even with the bye, we still would have had to have played with McCarron.

It's hard to say whether the 05 or 15 team was more talented. I would say quarterback has the edge in 05 prior to injury but the rest of the roster was better in 2015. 13 was probably the worst playoff loss in the Marvin Lewis era though. They had no business losing that game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There have been too many great posts in the last three pages to quote so let me just give one of these for you all

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doltos posted:

Fisher sucked rear end. Terrible coach that dragged down talented teams and only won when McNair and George willed them to wins.

I'm not gonna say Vince Young was gonna be some HoF talent but Fisher did everything in his power to ruin a potentially good career for that guy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't tell you how refreshing it was to get away from the Marty / Cower / Dungy mode of KC coaching when Dick Vermiel came to town.

Of course he went too far in the other direction and his defenses were shite but drat was it like an oasis in the desert

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
hey who wants to see a weird and dumb idea
https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/1261372096849952769

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The blow back from racist true fans will be huge

Expect a lot of talk about how they don't see color when they interview coaches in their fantasies

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
... how does this work? You hire the black guy and you get the 1st overall?

Miami ahead of the curve yet again

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Well at least then the Pats can tank all they want and never get a high pick ever again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1261375062852071424

more details

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i support this idea

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

But can they move into the second round? 'Cuz if not, then this won't do much of anything for the teams who fire coaches who tend to be already at the top of the round when drafting.

Should just remove the comp pick system and award those picks in other ways.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm going to make the healthy choice and not look at any replies or comments about that proposal.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This idea is just so woefully dumb but it’s heart is in the right place so you can’t knock it too hard

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

This idea is just so woefully dumb but it’s heart is in the right place so you can’t knock it too hard

Give the teams with minority leadership an additional split of leaguewide revenue and salary cap space and floor. The bonus decreases as more teams hire minority leadership, and if you end up as the only team or two with a black coach or GM, then suddenly you can afford an entirely extra top of the market player, bingo bongo.

Also the formula should include OC and DC and QB coach since those are the job maker positions as well.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That idea actually... is drat good. It addresses the main problem which is how could you possibly not punish the teams that already have minority leadership via that draft method

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eifert Posting posted:

One more win that year in the regular season and they would have gotten a bye.
The Bengals very nearly beat the Broncos late that season on a Monday night. In fact I think they had that game won, but they Bengals'd it away per usual

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Amy Pole Her posted:

... how does this work? You hire the black guy and you get the 1st overall?

Miami ahead of the curve yet again

But wouldn’t it mean you would have to fire your coach and then hire him again.

I assume it would mean you hired AFTER it is in effect. Otherwise teams that recently had coaches like bengals and lions could just try and claim it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Give the teams with minority leadership an additional split of leaguewide revenue and salary cap space and floor. The bonus decreases as more teams hire minority leadership, and if you end up as the only team or two with a black coach or GM, then suddenly you can afford an entirely extra top of the market player, bingo bongo.

Also the formula should include OC and DC and QB coach since those are the job maker positions as well.

I like that it took two minutes to come up with a much better idea.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

so what will they propose to incentivize drafting & starting white cornerbacks?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

incompetent posted:

Allow corners to hold and turn all the fields into mudpits so that slow, unathletic honkies can keep up.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

incompetent posted:

But why isn’t there a white history month?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

incompetent posted:

Not surprised this is coming from the "KKKawalimus" guy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

incompetent posted:

They count half against the cap and white QBs count double

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Does Caste Football still exist?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ehud posted:

i support this idea

draft picks are not retroactive, sorry dolfans

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

really queer Christmas posted:

They count half against the cap and white QBs count double

so would dak's contract be worth 1.5 times as much or does he benefit from the one drop rule?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Black QBs count 3/5 against the Cap as White QBs.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

draft picks are not retroactive, sorry dolfans

it was a stupid idea!!!

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Kalli posted:

I would like this to happen if only to see how the patriots try to cheat the system

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Leading inexorably to belicheck in blackface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamar Jackson, player coach