Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I bought a pottery wheel, i'm now ready for revolutionary sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

trade war trade war TRADE WAR TRADE WAR

fuckin bring it let's watch this fucker burn

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Gonna be corporate mercenaries guarding international shipping flights at backwoods county airports in the next few weeks. Just like what went on with PPE in Massachusetts but for parts for chinese telecoms.

Aren't US businesses banned from dealing with Huawei? I thought turmp did that a while back.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Bringing trade war back was really the right move since the covid-19 action was getting stale

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Pick posted:

As a thought experiment, next time that you are at work in the office, take a look at the first five men who come to talk to you. Calculate to yourself how much you would need to be paid to be wholly sexually beholden to each of them for two hours. I really mean that, I mean really really think about that number. And think about whether that's what prostitutes are actually being paid, and if it's not, what is the cause for that gap

That's a good thought experiment. Really good.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Egg Moron posted:

The idea that laws regulating prostitution are implemented in order to protect prostitutes is absurd and the implementation of these laws does not seem to correlate with safer prostitution. You may argue that is because of the social stigma around sex and prostitution and whatever and that may well be the case.

I agree with the source's framing of sex work as a byproduct of larger social problems similar to how drug addiction is a byproduct of larger social forces. The part I quoted mentioned that people who are prostitutes should not be subject to any criminal or civil penalties and should be given avenues for meeting their needs outside of prostitution. If we are going to talk about shaping laws within capitalism to protect people, I think that is where the energy should be placed. I do not think we should focus on passing laws to allow Hilton and Marriott to open hotel chains where you gently caress the maid in a well regulated environment.

Like I said earlier, we are never going to get to a place where most parents will accept prostitute as a valid career choice for their kids to aspire to.

I don't really want to talk about this anymore either, I hear that. Just going to say me and Pick and all of the rest of us puritanical reactionaries are right about this.

The preferred nomenclature is "Sex worker".

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Egg Moron posted:

Mandatory sex work + Horny is prohibited

the elegance of the solution is breathtaking

The word 'dutiful' comes to mind.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

why should any of these big companies bother providing a product or service at all if the government is going to give them trillions of dollars for nothing

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Aren't US businesses banned from dealing with Huawei? I thought turmp did that a while back.

I can't remember if there is ban on US business using their product. But that's very different from selling components to them, which I would be pretty surprised to hear is banned.

Like theoretically let's say uh... Volvo was in some political scandal and it was decided US companies could not import, use, or sell their vehicles. I doubt that whatever language went in the order would prohibit a leather producer from selling them seat covers.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
“So how was ‘Presque-Vu: An erotic exploration of mankind in the 20th century?’ last night?”

“Well the laser light show was incredible but I felt the use of religious imagery was a tad gouache and really distracted from the symbolic nature of the blowjob.”

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

BeefThief posted:

why should any of these big companies bother providing a product or service at all if the government is going to give them trillions of dollars for nothing

can i underbid boeing on doing loving nothing?

20 year contract for 1.4 million, i promise you i will produce exactly the same amount of plane sales that boeing did last quarter and i'll even personally call the president to tell him that we're working on a jet that can transform into optimus prime

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

RIP Syndrome posted:

me, addressing my cato wife with a sidelong glance at the always-on remote-work cam: *sigh* member go up

Pick posted:

*wet smacking sounds* this is probably what I wanted

Dixon Chisholm fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 15, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BeefThief posted:

Not to mention, why should they have any employees? They don't have to make things, so why are they anything but a bank routing number to receive money from the Fed and then give it to shareholders

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Southpaugh posted:

The preferred nomenclature is "Sex worker".

a prostitute is a type of sex worker

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

BeefThief posted:

That's the US agriculture model, after all. TRUMP!

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Egg Moron posted:

a prostitute is a type of sex worker

You're using an old, outmoded and generally offensive term to describe a full service sex worker.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Sex workers need to get with the times and offer a subscription model.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
in volunteering to help persons in/to exit that industry I have encountered 0 people who do this type of labor who care about this level of phraseology

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Southpaugh posted:

You're using an old, outmoded and generally offensive term to describe a full service sex worker.

better report me to the mods

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Pick posted:

in volunteering to help persons in/to exit that industry I have encountered 0 people who do this type of labor who care about this level of phraseology

I will have you know I took a class about this and....

edit: the preferred nomenclature is “kinetic sex contractor”

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also does a full service sex worker change my oil?

*hires a sex worker to fix my HVAC because it's cheaper :argh:*

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Pick posted:

I know a number of sex workers who do care about how these things are framed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the organization I help isn't oriented on anime burlesque onlyfans or dilettantes

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Studio posted:

I bought a pottery wheel, i'm now ready for revolutionary sex

Its the most guaranteed way to get a ghost blowjob, go at it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

the organization I help isn't oriented on anime burlesque onlyfans or dilettantes

Don't you drag anime into this!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Feldegast42 posted:

Its the most guaranteed way to get a ghost blowjob, go at it

actually the best way to get a ghost blowjob is to be a really sexy man ghost

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Pick posted:

Sex workers are real and strong and they are my friends.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Pick posted:

but enough about the Catholic Church

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

readingatwork posted:

and now I’m LOLing at the idea of a person becoming a prostitute as an elaborate performance art piece.

in ancient times actors and prostitutes were considered to be in the same class

anyway

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-global-food-crisis-shortages-11589385615

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Top City Homo posted:

in ancient times actors and prostitutes were considered to be in the same class

They both perform an act

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

IAMKOREA posted:

Omg pls stop talking about sex its is so boring

:goonsay:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
in economic news, 🔥

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

sum posted:

protected by the law... loosely regulated prostitution

I think the main disconnect here is we likely have very different ideas of what the law is, its relationship to the state, and its purpose within capitalism

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Centrist Committee posted:

I think the main disconnect here is we likely have very different ideas of what the law is, its relationship to the state, and its purpose within capitalism

you'll only be able to operate with a Sex Medallion which your employer loans from a private equity firm that acquired them as speculative assets at bargain rates thanks to friends in the department of commerce

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just thought about how the national debt used to be something people worried about and i laughed

oh poo poo it's gonna happen again

hahaha

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Dolphin posted:

i just thought about how the national debt used to be something people worried about and i laughed

oh poo poo it's gonna happen again

hahaha

Friendly reminder that there used by a national debt clock near the IRS office that existed near Times Square until they shut that office and got rid of the debt clock. I wonder why... :thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1260991789206470658

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Did... did pick get good at posting?

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Southpaugh posted:

I know a number of sex workers who do care about how these things are framed.

oh yeah well my dad's a sex worker and he's gonna suck your dad's dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

oxsnard posted:

Did... did pick get good at posting?

absolutely not, and its ridiculous you would even assert this. Pick is still an rear end in a top hat moron.