Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Groovelord Neato posted:

I dunno if that's true and it's something I'll never understand because I was a dumb conservative generally until my early 20s but when deregulation and poo poo collapsed the economy it made me start questioning everything else I believed.

I was a huge libertarian idiot in high school then when I went into college I suffered a mental snap crackle pop and broke down and realized the only support structures I had were my family and without them I’d have been dead and it made me think maybe folks in that situation that don’t have family able and willing to care for them shouldn’t be left to die in the gutter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Kitfox88 posted:

I was a huge libertarian idiot in high school then when I went into college I suffered a mental snap crackle pop and broke down and realized the only support structures I had were my family and without them I’d have been dead and it made me think maybe folks in that situation that don’t have family able and willing to care for them shouldn’t be left to die in the gutter

Was there some kind of airborne libertarian virus going around in 2008-10? I had the exact same mindset until my mom went on disability and I was like 'oooh poo poo, bad things can happen to us'.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think it's the default for white boys who never had to worry about anything.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol NPR just ran a :discourse: segment about chuds who called the coronavirus a hoax and then died from it and how mean "the libs" were to their family and friends and how bad that was

don't deliberately spread misinformation that can kill people maybe?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
pretty much that, I had a relatively stable life through my teens and managed to repress the trauma from poo poo in my childhood until I couldn’t anymore in college

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looking back I should have wore a mask in the beginning but I didn’t and perhaps I’m paying the price for it now but I know that if it was me that gave it to my wife I know that she forgives me and I know that God forgives me

that’s some brain disease

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol NPR just ran a :discourse: segment about chuds who called the coronavirus a hoax and then died from it and how mean "the libs" were to their family and friends and how bad that was

I'm sure the libs making fun of them was worse than the death. Truly it would be a greater sin to put such evil people back in power, they must continue to support trump in these trying times.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gonna need a link or something to this, feed my schadenfreude

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

When global warming becomes totally and completely impossible to ignore this is the poo poo we're gonna hear.

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

Mr Interweb posted:

here's the dude's FB post:

Mr Interweb posted:

Looking back I should have wore a mask in the beginning but I didn't and perhaps I'm paying the price for it now but I know that if it was me that gave it to my wife I know that she forgives me and I know that God forgives me.

What a great way to avoid any negative feelings or self responsibility. “I know my wife forgives me...”

gently caress you. “If my wife didn’t have a tube obstructing her ability to talk I’m sure she would say that she forgives me, that I’m the best husband ever, and I have always been right about every argument, and also I’m good in bed”

I don’t know why, but this one just rubbed me the wrong way. gently caress this guy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

knowing at all times god forgives you is a powerful psychotic tendency

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
god has not forgiven you, for betraying trump by being weak enough to catch covid

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

the article doesn't give their ages, but doing a bit of digging, it seems they're both between 45-50 years old. imagine shaving 30-40 years off your life just cause you really, REALLY had to own the libs

Apr 7, 2003

my bony fealty posted:

It was part of the drive time All Things Considered coverage, might come up here again

https://www.wesa.fm/#stream/0

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I still love the poor white trash who are were honored to die in order to keep brown people from having health care. I mean, I don't love them, but I love that they're dead now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

It was part of the drive time All Things Considered coverage, might come up here again

https://www.wesa.fm/#stream/0

Seems to be this 8 min segment: https://www.npr.org/2020/05/15/857104944/family-of-covid-19-victim-who-criticized-hysteria-around-virus-faces-online-atta

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mr Interweb posted:

here's the dude's FB post:

note: there aren't any formatting issues i had. that's how the guy wrote his post. dude writes like a third grader. the first 20 lines only have one period :lol:

anyway, it looks like this dude is sadly going to get better but on the plus side his wife is hosed. hopefully there's a chance of relapse and the virus comes out on top, but we'll see

i'm glad he's finally come around, but i'm not as willing to be magnanimous since it looks like he still supports trump so :shrug:

i'm not sure why the wife should be punished for this. maybe she is a chud but we can definitely, only, for sure know that the husband is a chud.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
LOL it's that trailer park preacher who went to New Orleans to party his balls off witness and save souls that has been posted in this thread a few times.

Apr 7, 2003

The framing of that headline sure is something

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

They managed to find the only person who knew him who made me garner sympathy too - a trans woman who he knew pre-transition but was immediately willing to correctly use pronouns for / looked after her family home when they had to abandon it due to a broken heater in harsh winter.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

i'm not sure why the wife should be punished for this. maybe she is a chud but we can definitely, only, for sure know that the husband is a chud.

don't worry. she is definitely 100% chud. i made sure to confirm it. so she's not some innocent casualty. thus you are free to laugh, and laugh heartily, friend

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

jesus gently caress i hope everybody in this loving segment chokes on their bloody lungs

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i want to believe they seemed more sympathetic to the chuds because that was the only way to get them on the show, but more than likely they're really angry at the lack of :decorum:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

euphronius posted:

Looking back I should have wore a mask in the beginning but I didn’t and perhaps I’m paying the price for it now but I know that if it was me that gave it to my wife I know that she forgives me and I know that God forgives me

that’s some brain disease

Perhaps our sufferings are the consequences of my past actions, but I also know that I am completely blameless or preemptively forgiven.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

"This isn't political, we all need to come together."

Lol.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

New npr segment on how dispicable leftists are laughing at respected news organization segments about decorum, which is a meta decorum violation of the worst kind

Apr 7, 2003

miniscule12 posted:

"This isn't political, we all need to come together."

Lol.

Yeah, that's the line that pissed me off, it was deeply political until your shithead husband died from his politics

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Yeah, that's the line that pissed me off, it was deeply political until your shithead husband died from his politics

they only bust out the "this isn't about politics, we're all the same americans" bullshit when they know they've completely lost and they know it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Correct answer: "You're goddamn right it isn't. Now put on your mask, stay home, and shut up, for your sake and the sake of everyone around you."

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

There's a reason very few countries have politicized "believing in the virus"

Most other countries have functional electoral systems where there's more to politics than making a specific other side lose.

And if it sounds like I'm blaming first-past-the-post voting for mass casualties then, yeah, I think I am

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
gently caress all them chuds

Die choking, dummies

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Chuds have put themselves in a situation where they "win" when people don't die from covid which means they will "lose". And since they are losing they are going to go insane and very shooty.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

miniscule12 posted:

Chuds have put themselves in a situation where they "win" when people don't die from covid which means they will "lose". And since they are losing they are going to go insane and very shooty.

hosed up, yet true

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

I couldn't stop laughing all the way through this. I thought the decorum angle was lol considering this chud and his wife were reaping what that have sown.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Wow, you libs are so full of HATE. I said the virus was a hoax and didn't wear a mask and screamed at hospital workers and coughed on service workers with only love in my heart...

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Many conservatives got so used to lampooning the “tolerant left” and painting everyone to the left of them as naive, weepy, bleeding hearts that they are legitimately surprised and confused when they discover that a lot of leftists loving detest them, want them dead, and will laugh at them while they die.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think it's the default for white boys who never had to worry about anything.

D&D was a loving nightmare back then, too with all the libertarians going all :actually: at everyone.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the so called tolerant left

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

NPR will happily prop up the right wing status quo while bashing leftists for lack of decorum. They're no different than the CIA funded Radio Liberty/Voice of America radio stations spreading the good news of freedom and capitalism around the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

euphronius posted:

the so called tolerant left