Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I really want to watch it...

I grew up on MST3K, so I think I could handle it.

But I can't find it streaming anywhere and I'll be gosh darned if I pay pledge any money for it.

You can get a (bad) taste of it like this, if it helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEX02907nPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:reddit: /r/PCGaming Star Citizen Free Fly Week 22nd May - 1st June

:thunk: So...when will Squadron 42 release, before or after Mark Hamill leaves us? Is this their plan, somehow finesse around paying him?

:drat:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:toot: Roadmap Roundup https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17608-Roadmap-Roundup-May-15th-2020

:trustme: Notable Changes for May 15th, 2020

There are no notable changes to the Roadmap this week.

:gary:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

No delays before a big sale? Never been done before :smuggo:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Quavers posted:

:toot: Roadmap Roundup https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17608-Roadmap-Roundup-May-15th-2020

holy

poo poo

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha we've reached peak Roadmap Update

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

:siren:OH poo poo:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m03VBN_WJvE

This is it. That fighter in the trailer? That's the $25,000 whale ship, the one you could only get with the $10,000 completionist package. They've finally done it- they're pulling out the last stop.

Mark my words, this is the last big pump. The one that they themselves promised they'd never do because it would be utterly P2W. Project is dead within a year.

this voiceover script is dogshit

"embark on a new adventure" implies that everybody isn't waiting around for the old adventure to start :downsbravo:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see that ship trailer remade in the actual game.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Quavers posted:

they updated it:

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Have no idea if this was posted yet but.........:

From the reddit:

quote:

Checking into this email from what we can see this is definitely a phishing email

After looking into this in detail, I can confirm that there's nothing to worry about

Store Citizen: Nothing to worry about, just a phishing email

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Bofast posted:

You can get a (bad) taste of it like this, if it helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEX02907nPY

Isn't that guy's whole internet fame career essentially a metaphor for Star Citizen?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

you just know that some Citizens actually believe that.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

quote:

"There are no notable changes to the Roadmap this week."

This is actually an improvement on the past few months...

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

space uncle posted:

I was also perplexed at the fact that I spent 20 hours wandering around my castle talking to people in my underwear.

Why were people wearing your underwear?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:reddit::v: The official SC bingo

Sheet was too small for:
- They had to build a company from nothing!
- Immersion.
- Fidelity.
- Griefers.
- Investing in the core tech.

:classiclol: You forgot "development will speed up after they implement x"

:D You can make it twice as big and it will still not cover all the excuses and mental hymnastics SC fans came up with over the years.

:lol:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 16, 2020

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Quavers posted:

No loving way.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
END TRANSMISSION

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Quavers posted:

:reddit::v: [i]The official SC bingo

Sheet was too small for:
- They had to build a company from nothing!
- Immersion.
- Fidelity.
- Griefers.
- Investing in the core tech.

:classiclol: You forgot "development will speed up after they implement x"

:D You can make it twice as big and it will still not cover all the excuses and mental hymnastics SC fans came up with over the years.

:lol:

The real Star Citizen is the friends we made along the way (in digital yacht club)
Have I mentioned Elite Dangerous sucks today?
Go back to Fortnite.
Funding tracker proves you wrong.
If this is a scam it's the worst scam ever/ How can this be a scam if they haven't ran away with the money?
<SCREENSHOT OF SPACESHIP FLYING TOWARDS SUNSET FROM POINT OF VIEW OF CINEMATIC CAMERA / PHOTO MODE>
How much is Forbes paying you?
I'm streamer who has to play this game else i have no audience, therefore it's fine!
(Continued from previous) I'm a content creator, I don't care as long as I get my E N G A G E M E N T.
Every game studio is a scam, just look at Fallout 76 etc. Why should CIG be held to a higher standard?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Watched a bit of Devil Dog Gamer play SC

I enjoy his streams usually, it seems he's deep down the rabbit hole of SC however

About 30 minutes of this I witnessed;

1) missiles that did nothing, or launched and then did a 90 degree insta-turn to fly off god knows where, I see they're still completely broken

2) he first had 1 ship which couldn't even dent the AI's shields, so he came back with whatever the ship he died in is (not pay to win!)

3) the constant nagging from the ships computer would be annoying as gently caress, and the red flashing lights that surely make it hard to see

4) had auto gimble targeting on the whole time, and the fight is just line up, hold down 'fire' until you fly past, turn around and rinse repeat

5) he still died.. and ended up in jail lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/CooperativeColorfulLatteBrainSlug

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

an interesting read on reddit about the phishing attack

:hmbol:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

All these years and we’ve not heard one of your wild dreams.

<expectant look>

No, it got a huge amount of things wrong, and a few things right. Kirkwall was miserable, the whole thing was formulaic and there were effectively three different sets.

Hi, I pre-ordered Dragon Age 2. It was poo poo. From the encounters that were always three waves, to the concept that they wanted people to press a button and see awesome, more Dragon’s lair than Dungeons & Dragons. Even the combat was more just button pressing; the one time I broke a sweat was fighting dragonettes with a rogue and had to keep hitting and running with the recharging secondary.

Even the story was weirdly left field and as you point out, renders all choice meaningless.

Inquisition kind of pulled it back, but it was sprawling and lacked soul.

All of this is IMO obviously. It might be someone else’s peak experience.

all I will add is that I hated the actual poo poo out of the protagonist no matter which of the three settings the personality meter clunked to. It actually soured me slightly on the idea of a named, relatively background-set protagonist... because what if they make them someone I despise?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Great news guys,Chris Roberts and CI got the Star Citizen pipelines up and running!

Unfortunately they're made of copper

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Quavers posted:

wat

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Look it's really simple

500 people, working for a week, failed to produce any movement worthy of note on the dozens of supposedly in-progress action items, no more than two weeks out from when they're scheduled to be released, and years after they were initially promised. Nobody feels bad about it and there is no sense of urgency.

*shrug*

That just happens sometimes with Star Citizen! Give some more of your money to us!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

HorseBodyInspector posted:

I have to admit I liked DA2 too. Yes rpg elements were simplier, but not every rpg had to be hardcore. And story was quite good, no world saving, just climbing from slums to kirkwall elite. Except ending.
I really missed option "you deserver each other assholes"

DA3 was too much open world, but Tresspasser DLC is epic, and hyped me to DA4.

and now about star citizen:

I dont know if you looked on spectrum but CIG explanation on 30k is something:

I cannot imagine which self respecting IT pro could write such reply to paying customer. I didt see such big "STFU idiot" response ever.

Star Citizen: All the pipelines are copper

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sarsapariller posted:

:siren:OH poo poo:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m03VBN_WJvE

This is it. That fighter in the trailer? That's the $25,000 whale ship, the one you could only get with the $10,000 completionist package. They've finally done it- they're pulling out the last stop.

Mark my words, this is the last big pump. The one that they themselves promised they'd never do because it would be utterly P2W. Project is dead within a year.

They never said that, and we've always been at war with Eastasia... :colbert:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Inacio posted:

they updated it:

:bigwhat:

Is this real, is he/she serious or trolling the backers? "Haha, we know our netcode is poo poo... It's literally a joke now :grin: "

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

:bigwhat:

Is this real, is he/she serious or trolling the backers? "Haha, we know our netcode is poo poo... It's literally a joke now :grin: "

it's an edit

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-may-15th-2020

this thread, however, is very real and amusing

e:

quote:

i feel like i'm in an abusive relationship, i guess it's my fault for sticking around

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Imagine the feature you want the most, promised for years, that would in your opinion make the game engaging and fun, making you believe in the project. Now you have a proper idea of what it could look like, remember this feature will never be worked on

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

So I guess that makes CIG a dominatrix? These guys all paying them to get slapped around and stepped on?

dejapes
Jan 4, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So I guess that makes CIG a dominatrix? These guys all paying them to get slapped around and stepped on?

Except a dominatrix might actually be kind enough to bring you to a satisfying conclusion before you die of old age.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nice loading screen, very classy!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

I just look a the cards for 3.10.... Now elevator panel is part of gameplay... I am speechless.

That elevator panel better be the BDEPE.

quote:

- This is still better news than the other weeks. Nothing removed, therefore all things are good!

-They need more time to prepare a bigger eraser.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

A streamer who proposed to his girlfriend at CitizensConned says:

:shepspends: This isn't far off for me in time played. SC is a great sandbox vehicle in which to waste time making your own fun with the assets, locations, and bugs provided. Fun that I've had, in all honesty, I've had despite the actual game, because yes, what's there often IS trash. Beautiful, unique, broken trash that is so different from anything else in gaming that I wouldn't be interested in playing a game otherwise. That's how powerful the dream and goals of SC are. The kind of poo poo that makes people pay thousands for a tiny taste more. We put up with it being trash because when the game gets it right and the stars align, it's magical. There are moments that make the frustrations worth it.

All that time would have been so much more fun if attention had been paid to making a decent ui and doing the slightest bit of balance to ships and weapons. Crashes, standing on chairs, lost inventories, clipping through ships, missions that don't work 90% of the time, AI that stands around shooting nothing, patches that are habitually gutted and a month late- I can put up with it. But after 6 years of this, yes, the game deserves criticism in some areas about how they treat the players who keep their project active and growing. Time played doesn't invalidate that there is some serious poo poo wrong with the alpha that should have been prioritized over adding more pretty a long time ago.

So I'll keep playing. I'll keep bringing people into the game, because I support the project and think they'll get it right eventually. But I'd prefer if most of the next 4000 hours didn't feel like I was squeezing blood out of a game that in most patches is 100% pay to win. One of these days I'd like a decent flight model, I'd like to see what I'm shooting, and I'd like a fight to come down to more than load out. And that doesn't seem so unreasonable to me.

:sad:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

It's ok dude, Sandi is single now :sandance:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
COME JOIN US ON A GRAND ADVENTURE WITH THE PIMNACLE OF FIGHTER TECHNOLOGY.

*Fighter does not shoot anything. At all.*

I know! I'll try spinning. That's a good trick!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
YOUR SPACE COMBAT SIMULATOR

WITH NO SIMULATOR

WITH NO COMBAT

WITH NO SPAAAAAAACE

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Where am I adventuring to?

WHO THE gently caress KNOWS!

What is the purpose we will be united in?

WHO THE gently caress CARES!

Buy another Idris you loving piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
No progress updates this week until you finish your god drat veggies you spoiled brat!