Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my dentist called me today and said that my cleaning appointment which had previously been canceled due to everything shutting down i could now come in for next week and i was like how about next month. maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
How about 2023

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol there's so many more places doing takeout and even some coffee places are allowing sitting outside

This is loving stupid california

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
we prevailed

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Marzzle posted:

idk if people like, didn't actually expect this???? like are politicians going to be surprised when they end up hosed or will it just be a farce???

our governor said something like "if people arent responsible we will lock down again" and i just thought hahahahaha how can you even let those words pass out of your mouth unironically

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

a helpful bear posted:

our governor said something like "if people arent responsible we will lock down again" and i just thought hahahahaha how can you even let those words pass out of your mouth unironically

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

they will never lock down again lmao :peanut:

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
i learned a lot about declaring victory without actually achieving it, and i wont ever stop doing it now. please challenge me itt

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

idk what the time frame is for hogan to go to phase 2 but if it's less than 3-4 weeks it's absolutely useless

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

*cases still steadily going up by 1k+ a day* this will be fine, open it up

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
*sick beat drops* pile them bodies up

e: woh woh woh woh woh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

please stop calling my county executive a nazi because he said no! to reopening so quickly

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

listen people there's like a sliver of economic production up 4 grabs in this lull and we're gonna fuckin' scramble for it before the corpses choke the streets in 2 months. then 2 months after that we're doin' the whole thing all over again baby.

ride

that

roni

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

snoo posted:

*cases still steadily going up by 1k+ a day* this will be fine, open it up

HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF THE MISSED SALES?????

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the only thing I'm producing is bad posts and gas

that's right, I'm a drain on the economy AND society

means test THIS, liberals

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Marzzle posted:

HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF THE MISSED SALES?????

everybody in this closed county be like "I'M TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE" like yeah bitch I bet you really do miss cursing out minimum wage retail workers so much that you threaten the local government instead

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

CHUCK WAS TAKEN posted:

*sick beat drops* pile them bodies up

e: woh woh woh woh woh

Get turned up to death.
https://youtu.be/XCawU6BE8P8?t=98

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

magiccarpet posted:

every finance person i know from nyc escaped to either in the hamptons or newport ri on week 1

yeah it owns here now. stay out, quitters!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

im going to pour one out for my homie Number

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

snoo posted:

hogan to go to phase 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpeOSlOTtc

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
We're still slightly terrified of having opened up and we have 47 active cases, all in isolation

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

CHUCK WAS TAKEN posted:

i learned a lot about declaring victory without actually achieving it, and i wont ever stop doing it now. please challenge me itt

pretty sure this worked in vietnam, korea, iraq (twice!), and afghanistan

so it should work here too

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The CovidSafe contact tracing phone app was released in Australia on April 26 and so far has had 6 million downloads, which is 30% of our population.

So far it has not helped detect a single case of infection.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...516-p54tk9.html
(To be fair there's only been 319 new cases detected in the entire country since the app was released, and it was only announced three days ago that the app was finally "fully functional" )

I'm not downloading this poo poo until the federal government recognises me as human.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

We're still slightly terrified of having opened up and we have 47 active cases, all in isolation

Ah, but you see, the USA uses the imperial measurement system, which protects you from the covid so they can open it up. unlike all the filthy metric using countries

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

Charun posted:

Ah, but you see, the USA uses the imperial measurement system, which protects you from the covid so they can open it up. unlike all the filthy metric using countries

I'm pretty sure for every .999 people that died in italy 1.09361 death certificates from car crash victims in the US were Miss Attributed to coronavirus to DeFraude Medicare, so cool, youre right, glad we can finally agree on something for once

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC1vtG3oyqg

every time it says "come on eileen" Trump gets reelected

CHUCK WAS TAKEN has issued a correction as of 08:08 on May 16, 2020

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Charun posted:

It's true, virus particles can fit through metric N95s but not imperial N95s

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
"the US uses the imperial system" has never been more true

The royalty are forcing the serfs to go out and work in the plague while they complain their steaks are no longer as tender

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

snoo posted:

everybody in this closed county be like "I'M TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE" like yeah bitch I bet you really do miss cursing out minimum wage retail workers so much that you threaten the local government instead

Pittman did at least the minimum (even if he is a centrist lib) and im glad of it. I think he limited AA county to curbside pickup for retail, at least.

whatever goon was joking about the mini civil wars inside states was right and im learning so much about local government!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/unreleased-white-house-report-shows-coronavirus-rates-spiking-heartland-communities-n1204751

quelle surprise!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

THIS IS UNAMERICAN

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

oh yeah i know, I was half-complaining in the rlm thread about she hasn't posted updates in such a long time, then checked her twitter feed and saw that it's because she's STILL suffering from it physically and psychologically AND is having trouble with her bullshit insurance

so bummed out. gently caress this virus and gently caress this healthcare system and god--if you're listening--please drat america

If you wanted God to show he truly hates America as a concept alone... what ELSE would you have Him do?

The plague, constant tornadoes and murder hornets are not a hint enough?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

yeah now alcoholics

sure

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

this attitude seems to persist into white collar corporate culture, too.

east coast people in a cross-country conference call fiifteen minutes early: haha wow talk about west coast time. they are probably just relaxing and not destroying themselves working haha wow what layabouts! i can;t believe how lazy these people are not worrying moment to moment about pleasing their supervisor! jeeze! they probably wont even work weekends to get a cost of living pay raise, heh :smug:

meanwhile the west coast people are just as crushed under corporate culture

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

CoronaVirus was created in an American laboratory on the East Coast so checks out.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Now there's a :denmark: daycare with five infected adults, kept open despite the outbreak. Cool, cool, cool. Glad we opened 'er up!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Who could have predicted this!?

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1261589748797321216

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

If toilet paper works then why do I keep pooping? If it doesn't work then is my wife so mad that I refuse to use it? Makes u think.