Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

RandomBlue posted:

Yeah, I've seen that HIPAA response being promoted on FB chud posts as an anti-mask cheat code.

The local walmart has had to put up a sign underneath mask required notice saying if you can't wear a mask, they'll provide someone to shop for you while you wait outside. This is in one of the counties hit hardest by the Corona outbreak in NJ too :brainworms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

etalian posted:

lmao of course it would be a disaster since all the previous successful attempts to manage coronavirus involved people who were culturally willing to follow directions.

In the US this is seen as a violent attack on our freedoms!

Remember how in the US the CDC for months said that masks were ineffective / didn't provide any benefits?

The govt said it was actually harmful because people couldn't learn to not touch their face and it only spread via touch because they knew all about this brand new virus

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

2DCAT posted:

I witnessed this exchange on my store run in DC earlied:

Store: I can't let you in without a mask
Lady: I have a medical condition and HIPAA says I don't have to tell you what it is and this is discrimination
Store: you cannot come in without a mask. If you let me know the items you want and a method of payment I'll obtain the items for you while you wait outside
Lady: my items are private and you have no right to know what I purchase
Store: you have to check out at the cashier anyways, ther same number of store employees will see this information
Lady: this is an outrage and discrimination and I'm going to sue you
Store: okay, have a good day

"my items are private" is a new one

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/filth_waste/status/1261680635531259904

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

The govt said it was actually harmful because people couldn't learn to not touch their face and it only spread via touch because they knew all about this brand new virus

Fuckin' lol I forgot about that.

Feels like a decade ago...

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

no one is asking you to disclose your medical condition lmao they're just telling you to gently caress off, grow up

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

police has started pepper spraying and batoning protesters in my country. they detained an opposition representative and a senator, both with immunity. what a shitshow lol.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

only trust ur fists

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

That was in late February/early March when we already knew a fair amount about how the virus worked, and everyone was wearing masks in China. We looked for every reason not to have to wear masks because it was a foreign concept to us and therefore bad. This includes c-spam aswell.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

snoo posted:

no one is asking you to disclose your medical condition lmao they're just telling you to gently caress off, grow up

Also, that's not what HIPPA legislates. It affects health care providers, people with direct access to someone's medical files, and business entities related to such things. Fuckers need to learn how laws work.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ardennes posted:

That was in late February/early March when we already knew a fair amount about how the virus worked, and everyone was wearing masks in China. We looked for every reason not to have to wear masks because it was a foreign concept to us and therefore bad. It got into C-spam aswell.

in fairness you had 'experts' loving everywhere going 'well we dont really knoooow if they help moooom.' all this reinforces that western authorities are not to be trusted

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Ardennes posted:

That was in late February/early March when we already knew a fair amount about how the virus worked, and everyone was wearing masks in China. We looked for every reason not to have to wear masks because it was a foreign concept to us and therefore bad. This includes c-spam aswell.

cspam chased that canary out hella fast

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ardennes posted:

I was screaming at a hospital worker in the Chicago thread to wear masks because of the Chinese bus study (that got retracted for unknown reasons) and after I was the only person outside in a mask in March I didn't leave my block all of April

I'm still mad

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mycomancy posted:

Also, that's not what HIPPA legislates. It affects health care providers, people with direct access to someone's medical files, and business entities related to such things. Fuckers need to learn how laws work.

Isn't it ADA that says you can't ask the disability ? Just if one exists

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the "you don't need a mask" thing at the beginning was actually just an attempt to stop hoarders because medical workers needed the masks and there both weren't any and americans are selfish piggish greedy assholes. There was a strong dissonance between people saying that masks don't work so you don't need one but also we need to give all our masks to hospitals because they work very well and they need them there.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

Isn't it ADA that says you can't ask the disability ? Just if one exists

I mean, if you're a public servant or a teacher or something yeah, but I don't think it extends to shop clerks.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I never realized how much of a compulsion it is that some people just have to be out in crowded public places to feel normal.

it has always been said that man is a social animal

I always understood this need to be social even if I didn’t share it

what this plague taught me was just how much of an animal man is

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mycomancy posted:

I mean, if you're a public servant or a teacher or something yeah, but I don't think it extends to shop clerks.

No, I mean for customers coming in. Like you need to have an accessible entrance, etc.

Whatever who cares I'm busy getting mad Georgia's deaths are dropping

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

2DCAT posted:

I witnessed this exchange on my store run in DC earlied:

Store: I can't let you in without a mask
Lady: I have a medical condition and HIPAA says I don't have to tell you what it is and this is discrimination
Store: you cannot come in without a mask. If you let me know the items you want and a method of payment I'll obtain the items for you while you wait outside
Lady: my items are private and you have no right to know what I purchase
Store: you have to check out at the cashier anyways, ther same number of store employees will see this information
Lady: this is an outrage and discrimination and I'm going to sue you
Store: okay, have a good day

Lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

mycomancy posted:

well that's why we can't tell people with "emotional support animals" to gently caress off as long as their pet is behaved

and even then lol I have been at work with a dog just loving walking around the store without a leash while its owner was looking at something on the other side of the store

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

what this plague taught me was just how much of an animal man is

Well?! ...just how much of an animal is he?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

err posted:

gently caress work and gently caress you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

clockwork chaos posted:

And tons of people have it worse, has like /anyone/ successfully received unemployment during this? A single person? Anyone at all

In Cali, yeh

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

this is my service animal and the services it provides are making GBS threads on floors and biting children

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol covid outside tryna get in, and mold on the inside spreading everywhere. I'm done for.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

also an anti-government song won the weekly ranking in the radio, and immediately after that was announced the government-controlled radio scrubbed all mentions of it and deleted websites about it. they made the people who work at the radio sign a document that this was a mistake lol

https://www.facebook.com/mahdieh.gholami/posts/10216134139734484

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I had to Gallagher smash a friends head over and over to get through american af conditioning to not apply for unemployment lol, shes seasonal and was all abloo bloo bloo about it. GRIFT MONEY B*TCH F*CKKKKK 600 $$$$

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

went to the store to get some poo poo and as i was coming in some 12 year old looking 16 year old one third my size started fake coughing at me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
she got on hella quick tho in NH or NJ, one of those small rear end states. I was :stare: took a whole 3 weeks to get poo poo in cali.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spoondick posted:

went to the store to get some poo poo and as i was coming in some 12 year old looking 16 year old one third my size started fake coughing at me

that kid is for real going to be knocked unconsious if they keep that up

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
A 69-page manual on how to handle a pandemic and because it doesn't have a maze on the back with the Hamburglar trying to get to the McDonald's and because they didn't give Donny loving crayons he didn't read the drat thing

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Bullfrog posted:

lmaoooo BTFO.

Kinda want a job as a grocery store bouncer now tbh

edit: "HIPPA states that i cant go into your store wearing pants, sorry, its called dicksout disease"

i dont wear shirts leslie I get a rash

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Spoondick posted:

meets the definition of terrorist with plenty of precedent for being charged as such, were that youth an adult

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Homeless Friend posted:

she got on hella quick tho in NH or NJ, one of those small rear end states. I was :stare: took a whole 3 weeks to get poo poo in cali.

I missed the message that you actually need to certify past May 6 and lost two weeks wooooo gently caress yeah.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

the government wants us all to die

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The particular sailors listed in the story, though, were tested because one of them re-reported with flu-like symptoms, then they did contact tracing.

I'm seeing reports now that 13 of the recovering sailors have tested positive for covid again and that 1 has tested positive for TB.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
dont take cuomuonuin from the false pope of BIGGOVERNMENT

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Prisoner is imperialist propaganda

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Lolie posted:

I'm seeing reports now that 13 of the recovering sailors have tested positive for covid again and that 1 has tested positive for TB.

Oh my god not reports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

seattle plague rat posted:

dont take cuomuonuin from the false pope of BIGGOVERNMENT

But what else am I supposed to mix with my beans?