Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Can anyone get multiplayer to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

axeil posted:

Agree. I'm duping everything but only using duped basic materials/doors/walls/etc. I've also duped bronze and silver coins but I'm not using them.

Some friends and I have been doing mostly the same, but we'll also dupe accessories to give to everyone. Crystal hearts, too, and we'll probably do the same with mana stars whenever we get some.

e: ^ yeah we've gotten it to work, but it didn't at first and I'm not entirely sure how we got it to work (it's a friend doing host&play.) Setting a password might have been the thing that did it but I'm really not sure. Sorry.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I spent ages looking for water walking boots by grinding a huge path left and right through newly generated worlds with my Drill containment device mount. Later I checked one of my older worlds and I discovered that the beach area had tons of underwater chests and I found one right there, saving me a ton of time. I was hoping I could eventually find one in one of the new "beach crates" but I couldn't find more than one for some reason.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

StealthArcher posted:

Away from home setting it up via phone ssh, but ive waited too long to not run servers for goons.

104.246.132.142:26901

E:Lysdexia'd it port fixed

Seems to be locked behind a password, friend. What difficulty is the world on anyway?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

goodness posted:

Can anyone get multiplayer to work?

I got my kids goofing around on a local multiplayer server in journey mode right now.

But my sweet Goonlandia may have to wait until tomorrow, hosting provider is still getting slammed to pieces. I've always been extremely happy with them, the servers are great and the support is top notch, but apparently a lot of other people feel the same way.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
I haven't played Terraria since ...checks Steam... August of 2017. But I did play a lot of it and had good fun on a hardmode goon server back then.

Now that Steam has spammed me informing that the last complete update for the game is out, and half of my friends list are goons (that I never talk to) playing it: is there a new goon server anywhere?

I checked private game servers but didn't see any.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
We're having a little launch party on StealthArcher server right now. Master Difficulty.

IP: 104.246.132.142
Port: 26901
Password: lljk

Also we're all cozy in this new discord : https://discord.gg/aqvXCc

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Okay who likes the Sea biome and has a shop because I can't buy a pylon from the Angler.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Does changing the monster difficulty in Journey mode also affect their item drops?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

i vomit kittens posted:

Does changing the monster difficulty in Journey mode also affect their item drops?

I assume it changes both behavior and itemdrops, since the devs said you can get the hardermode items in Journey.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Is there an option to force a pyramid spawn cause goddamn they're still so rare

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
I have a problem. Steam controller configuration lets me map my logitech buttons as i like, except the lockon button, which is only available in the terraria in-game controller options if terraria recognizes my controller (it doesnt). Trying my luck here, in case someone had this problem and found a workaround.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Xenaero posted:

Is there an option to force a pyramid spawn cause goddamn they're still so rare

Awww still? :(

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Lamare posted:

We're having a little launch party on StealthArcher server right now. Master Difficulty.

IP: 104.246.132.142
Port: 26901
Password: lljk

Also we're all cozy in this new discord : https://discord.gg/aqvXCc

Awesome, thanks :cheers:

Will hopefully hop in soon (and will probably quickly discover that it is been so long that I don't know how to play anymore and die)

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Ahhhhh, Journey Mode was just what I needed. Babby’s first wings to start and easy duping of items nobody wants to waste time grinding out. It’s just loving perfect. I actually like building now. I played for about 5 hours and only stopped because I ran out of beer. ReLogic is the best :cheers:

Smiling Demon
Jun 16, 2013
The game consistently crashes when I try and change the resolution (defaults to 1080p, but I have a 1440p monitor). Probably what I get for playing on linux.

Journey mode was, honestly, far too cheaty for me. Researching everything became a tedious clickfest and exposed some not so great UI design. I'm going to start again with a regular or expert world. Master mode sounds punishingly difficult for purely cosmetic rewards.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Anyone know how to get NPCs happy enough to sell the pylon? We're trying to get the angler at the ocean to be accessible but it's so far away, We have 3 NPCs there who all say they're happy but not enough I guess?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Anyone know how to get NPCs happy enough to sell the pylon? We're trying to get the angler at the ocean to be accessible but it's so far away, We have 3 NPCs there who all say they're happy but not enough I guess?

My Merchant sold the forest pylon immediately upon turning up as my first NPC besides the guide, if that's any help.

I also found a Conch Shell in a water chest which might help you. It teleports you directly to the beach.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

surprisingly we didn't have any chests in the water at either beach

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

DarkAvenger211 posted:

surprisingly we didn't have any chests in the water at either beach

:aaa:

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I also could have sworn when you swing a sword it swings in the direction of your mouse, but now it's the direction of your movement, and it's really messing me up trying to push enemies back while aiming a sword in the wrong direction.

Am I wrong? I'm sure this is how it worked before

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mouse wheel scrolling is real fucky on macOS - it takes a few clicks to cycle through one item and it frequently overshoots. Is there a fix for this?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I also could have sworn when you swing a sword it swings in the direction of your mouse, but now it's the direction of your movement, and it's really messing me up trying to push enemies back while aiming a sword in the wrong direction.

They definitely made that change in the unfavorable direction on Mobile.

I lose most battles by aiming the wrong way or by inadvertently clicking "aim but don't use", a useless mode for easily accidentally suiciding. It's when the plus symbol shows up. In your next battle, you get plussed to death.

Aiming should definitely be independent of movement for a lot of reasons

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Were in inverted situations. I tried setting up the controller yesterday and i noticed my character was doing that, contrary to when i played a year ago. I was like great, at least thats sorted out. After 1.4, im back to the way it was set up a year ago.

I feel character side swing lock is better if you play with a controller, but with mouse and Keyb i prefer mouse aim.

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 17, 2020

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

really cool spoiler seed - using the seed 5162020 generates a random world with special properties

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Anyone have a guide to fishing? Or at least getting bait?

Black August posted:

really cool spoiler seed - using the seed 5162020 generates a random world with special properties

I tried that and got a world with both Corruption and Crimson based on the sprite on the worlds page. Is that even possible?

axeil fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 17, 2020

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Zereth posted:

Okay who likes the Sea biome and has a shop because I can't buy a pylon from the Angler.

I bought a Sea pylon from the merchant after moving the nurse in as well, along with the angler.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

All these journey mode features need to become standard in every building game from here on out
Once I've mined 100 of something I have done my duty, just let me synthesize the rest

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Learned the hard way that the bestiary is world locked, not with your character.

benzine fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 17, 2020

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Black August posted:

World gen using this is fricking terrifying.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Black August posted:

it's neat that that seed is what it is, since having the release date of the final update as the seed is pretty clever

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
New hotfix 1.4.0.2, that was fast.
https://terraria.gamepedia.com/1.4.0.2

quote:

Additions
Added Master and Journey to command line options for the dedicated server.
Changes
Ghosts are more likely to despawn, and the conditions which allow them to spawn has been reduced as well as the maximum number of them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DarkAvenger211 posted:

having too many people can prevent them from being max happy. Who do you have at the beach?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Got a cute pet shark floating in a bubble from my first chest on a new world. Patch is good.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Flails are very good now, you have much control over how to manipulate them and they have autoswing. Finding a mace in a chest covers you for weapons for basically until you fight the boss of your world's evil.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Stealtharcher, if you're around, the server could use an update and restart.. getting some mad lag here.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ambaire posted:

Stealtharcher, if you're around, the server could use an update and restart.. getting some mad lag here.

And version mismatches, this is an outrage

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

All I want is the Desert Pylon, but I only have one NPC that likes it there.

I know the NPC's liking other NPCs is randomised (I think?) but is their preferred biome random too or pre-set.

Any idea on good desert dwellers?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Bad Munki posted:

And version mismatches, this is an outrage

Hence the 'update' part. :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ambaire posted:

Hence the 'update' part. :wink:

What do you want, a server AND reading comprehension?