Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just found out lf waifu m.i.a. is a 5g virus conspiracist. Sigh

https://twitter.com/MIAuniverse/status/1242421969905221634?s=19

Wonder what g number caused the Spanish flu then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
is it possible that America's health insurance system could go into a death spiral?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Yesh posted:

is it possible that America's health insurance system could go into a death spiral?

That's already what America's health insurance system was headed towards - corona just accelerates the process.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Don't STop Home Spread Cuomo Got It.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

That's already what America's health insurance system was headed towards - corona just accelerates the process.

lmao, it will keep getting bailed out till all Americans are dead.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Dont cuomunisum
Open inside

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

it is unironically very exciting to do things nobody else has ever done before and not know how the day will be ending now we know how every brexit voter must feel in the states

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Man Musk posted:

it is unironically very exciting to do things nobody else has ever done before and not know how the day will be ending now we know how every brexit voter must feel in the states

I was on a work call two weeks ago when someone dropped the off-handed comment that they wished there was something to talk about besides coronavirus and the whole impulse to "just get Brexit over and done with" finally clicked.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Yesh posted:

the health insurance system is the most stable institution in the country because it is 100% grift

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It doesn't help that the ACA also already shoves tens of billions at them every year (which I guess isn't that much money any more).

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Man Musk posted:

Oh yeah Brexit. Wonder how that's going

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PawParole posted:

Unlike Hillary, the coronavirus did remember to go to Wisconsin

Unlike Hillary, the coronavirus is overperforming in black America

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

in a memory a year from now

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

goddamn, i'm losing team fortress 2 games because people will throw the match if they have a sniper that does too well.

democrats are the most frustrating polity, lol

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Only in usa big corporations are considered leftist.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

CODChimera posted:

Oh yeah Brexit. Wonder how that's going

The Brits are doing an exiting new variant of brexit for now. They decided exiting the EU was too old hat, too slow, so they decided to lexit instead.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shima Honnou posted:

you can't fool me this was obviously filled out by a boomer

yeah what child in 2020 is eating nutty buddies and/or knows the name of them

A Wild Animal
Dec 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Expulsion of COVID-19 is almost complete - from My Testicles.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

the Radical Left, which makes up 20% of the S&P 500, lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Speaking of capitalism, Saudi Arabia owns ~8% of Carnival Cruises, plus other recreational stocks...

https://twitter.com/alexweprin/status/1261408123044036608

Maybe opening 'er up is an agenda, maybe not, i do not know.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Zeno-25 posted:

I wonder how effective it would be to have a bunch of consumer-grade HEPA filters in indoor public environments?

I'm guessing you'd need a high turnover of the air volume to make any real difference
I kinda doubt it'd help much, since it wouldn't affect transmission between people in close proximity, nor fomite transmission. A proper ventilation system designed to stop the spread of pathogens also have fundamentally different designs from ones that are not, so you're not gonna get hospital-grade ventilation without a major rebuild. You're probably right about needing a high turnover, high enough that it actually feels windy inside, which would reduce infections inside the building through keeping everyone away.

Tei posted:

Only in usa big corporations are considered leftist.
Big corporations are essentially states unto themselves, thus what they're doing is state capitalism, which we all know is 100% exactly communism as envisoned by Marx.

Man Musk posted:

Speaking of capitalism, Saudi Arabia owns ~8% of Carnival Cruises, plus other recreational stocks...

It's not proper 9/11s if Saudi Arabia isn't funding it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

A Wild Animal posted:

The Expulsion of COVID-19 is almost complete - from My Testicles.

you are a hero sir i will have them fly bombers all over the sky above you

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
its no blaring live and let die but it gets the point across i guess

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1261789548520132612

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The Llamas will save us

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1261891654585389057

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Man Musk posted:

Disney and saudi arabia, they will fit so well.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Llamas have cool antibodies

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I wish antibodies were like anti bodies and if you found yours you got annihilated

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I wish antibodies were like anti bodies and if you found yours you got annihilated

i'm not sure i'd want to see a situation in which any given person could make tsar bomba look like a firecracker

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Hodgepodge posted:

i'm not sure i'd want to see a situation in which any given person could make tsar bomba look like a firecracker

lol drat just checked and mutual annihilation of the average human with their antimatter counterpart is like 5k megaton yield

still smaller than the dinosaur impact but gotta start somewhere

poty
Jun 21, 2008

spain had 87 deaths today. first time under 100 since march 16th

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
trying to imagine even "just" 87 deaths

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Crusader posted:

lol drat just checked and mutual annihilation of the average human with their antimatter counterpart is like 5k megaton yield

still smaller than the dinosaur impact but gotta start somewhere

if americans came together, this would finally allow the nation to finally realize the american dream: total extermination of all life on earth and the elimination of any possible future habitability of the planet

poty
Jun 21, 2008

its a lot less than the 900 daily peak!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

PawParole posted:

Unlike Hillary, the coronavirus did remember to go to Wisconsin

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

poty posted:

its a lot less than the 900 daily peak!

That's not even one 9/11, poo poo it's not even half of a 9/11. :sad:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I work for a pretty good company so they offer a.....relatively.....cheap plan.

Supposedly full coverage insurance for just me is $50 a week. Which would be fine if the last time I went to the doctor I didn't have $,$$$ in bills I was responsible for because insurance companies can just endlessly "Um Actually...." doctors and pharmacies. Out of the last 3 prescriptions I've been given the insurance company called the pharmacist and refused to allow 2 of them.

I can't cancel it either because I have some health issues I need to get resolved and I'd rather have $20,000 hit my credit instead of $200,000

One time I paid 150 bucks a month for insurance for half a year and I had to cancel it to eat food and get gas to drive to work. Never got to see the doctor because I couldn't afford it.

Now I just pray I don't get sick.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I asked for a small vacation from work of about 4 days because I'm so exhausted with everything happening, but because of how my company works I won't have the opportunity for this to come to fruition for a month. And I'm gonna be having to work more leading up to it.

And our manager is getting transferred while we all freak out over everything.

Otoh, I had some very good conversations with some regulars earlier today, talking about how dumb Wisconsin is to ignore the stay at home advice. We also talked about how dumb the people who aren't wearing masks are for not taking poo poo seriously. It's cathartic to know there actually are other people out there paying attention to the entire country's actions during this pandemic. If only the amount of people who care was closer to 100% rather than like 50%.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
covid 9/11

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/tereseaimee/status/1261936417019555840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
so i mentioned a few days ago about my wife going back to work and getting the store ready and stuff. Well it turned out all those shifts were supposed to be voluntary per corporate instructions but her store manager decided to leave that part out when passing on instructions

my wife found out by walking in to the office area to get supplies while the manager was discussing it with his assistant managers and she was like "what the gently caress" and they asked her not to tell anyone

She immediately told everyone else about that bullshit, which led to several people going "hey gently caress you" and quitting on the spot while a couple others are mulling it over. The manager tried to blame her for it and she asked me if she did the right thing and I said "uh yes. That is dangerous poo poo because it means he's willing to conceal information. What happens if someone gets the virus, will he try to hide that too while asking everyone to still come to work?"