Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wish I could model that well; plus taking the time to use the real chains and everything -- I see people on instagram doing that as well and it can be a real nice touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

wrong thread etc.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
I wonder what led him to believe a spine beard is a good idea.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I'm more surprised that Incel Skeletor hasn't worked out how to grow a spine neckbeard

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

DigitalRaven posted:

I'm more surprised that Incel Skeletor hasn't worked out how to grow a spine neckbeard

That would make him too much like chad Sigmar.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

the fart question posted:

I choose to believe that in life his beard was so magnificent that it had its own spine, the chin spine is all that remains.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

M'vertebrae

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

the fart question posted:

I wonder what lead you to think one isn't.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

https://twitter.com/pegastyx/status/1261455151656841218?s=20

Laura is a pro-follow, a hell of a stand out from the already excellent GW Twitter crew.

I think I prefer the previous one. This one feels like a Nagash who's compensating.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I like to think his followers offer up their vertebrae in death, should they die in a way that doesn't leave raisable skeletons.

"Yes, I may die this day facing the Terrible Doomroller of Woe and the Crunching Mawgrinders of Legripping, but should I fall my spine shall adorn the hat of the Great Necromancer himself!"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Loxbourne posted:

I like to think his followers offer up their vertebrae in death, should they die in a way that doesn't leave raisable skeletons.

"Yes, I may die this day facing the Terrible Doomroller of Woe and the Crunching Mawgrinders of Legripping, but should I fall my spine shall adorn the hat of the Great Necromancer himself!"

Nagash nods approvingly before taking his grim harvest. "Hey may have been a weakling, but he had backbone."

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I think the skull should be bigger

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

albany academy posted:

I think the skull should be bigger

Evergreen post, right here.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
The 'Not so Little Mermaid' by Reaper apparently. Was this part of a big Kickstarter bundle of stuff, or did people decide to specifically buy it?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

She looks really angry. What did you do?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Nettle Soup posted:

She looks really angry. What did you do?

Sebastian knows what he did.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I would be disappointed, but now I've got Ariel Needs Legs replaying in my head again.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

I would be disappointed, but now I've got Ariel Needs Legs replaying in my head again.

Imagine

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SteelMentor posted:

Dental plan

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Ugleb posted:

The 'Not so Little Mermaid' by Reaper apparently. Was this part of a big Kickstarter bundle of stuff, or did people decide to specifically buy it?

One of the older models, Coral, Mermaid. The new Reaper website, that they put in place when they made their own distributor place in the UK to handle UK and EU selling, doesn't list when the figure was first released like the old website did, so it's difficult to pin point when it was released but certainly a while before Bones came onto the scene.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

LashLightning posted:

One of the older models, Coral, Mermaid. The new Reaper website, that they put in place when they made their own distributor place in the UK to handle UK and EU selling, doesn't list when the figure was first released like the old website did, so it's difficult to pin point when it was released but certainly a while before Bones came onto the scene.

I was digging through Reaper's site recently to find terrain and conversion bits, and there's a whole lot of of horny models once you get into the old metal stuff. Multiple models of nude succubi, nude barbarians and beast women, a fetish French maid, even a woman tied to a spit above a fire. It's weird seeing all that after only being familiar with the bones models.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
its pretty difficult to find a reaper model of a woman that isn't appealing to horny nerd men

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Ugleb posted:

bullying can be good sometimes

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Preem Palver posted:

I was digging through Reaper's site recently to find terrain and conversion bits, and there's a whole lot of of horny models once you get into the old metal stuff. Multiple models of nude succubi, nude barbarians and beast women, a fetish French maid, even a woman tied to a spit above a fire. It's weird seeing all that after only being familiar with the bones models.

No idea what you're talking about.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Wolfsbane posted:

Just how close are these encounters going to be, anyway?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Also what the gently caress

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Wolfsbane posted:

Don't let the pigeon drive the partybus

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
https://twitter.com/pegastyx/status/1262140651761799172

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
it looks like a test model that was primed white and washed with different washes so you could see what color the wash is

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I freaking love that Nagash but the cowpoke saloon base is not doing him any favors.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

moths posted:

I freaking love that Nagash but the cowpoke saloon base is not doing him any favors.

I like the Nagash, and like the slightly understated paint job, but yeah. My main problem is that using such wide planks makes the model seem smaller. Nagash is a big lad, but that model now looks like its supposed to be a human sized model on a bitter scale, if that makes sense? Like hes a 72mm human skeleton or whatever instead of a 28mm giant skeleton.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
actually red undead cowboy Nagash owns

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Give that skeleton some revolvers.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I’m honestly not a huge fan of the desaturated look here. He already has so many features and bits that his face gets a little lost, now it feels like everything is running together with the colors, too.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Give that skeleton some revolvers.

Just put a big revolver in the middle of his chest and he can hang out in LANCER

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Is there some unspoken rule in miniatures that the better you are at conversion and modeling, the worse you are at painting?

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Mugaaz posted:

Is there some unspoken rule in miniatures that the better you are at conversion and modeling, the worse you are at painting?

Not always.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Help! I just spent $40 for a gold sifting set so I can sift different sizes dirt for my minis :negative:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I don't think it's lack of painting skills but mostly "look at how cool this mini is." I see so many minis where the creator essentially said it was done after the modeling part so the paintjob just looks lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Help! I just spent $40 for a gold sifting set so I can sift different sizes dirt for my minis :negative:

I got a wire mesh strainer for sifting my mini sand. It was like, $2.