Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

nikosoft posted:

We aggressively locked down, you piece of poo poo. Also some of those counties have barely any people and any cases were transfered to larger facilities.

I thought the line was that American lockdowns were lackadaisical and poorly enforced, have we moved to "they were insanely effective"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

having a lot of negative thoughts about people like this guy

https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1261861847667363841

it's raining out but I'm completely dry, what the gently caress do I still need this useless umbrella for

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

One of my friends’ fiancée is back from a military deployment overseas but has to be in another state in quarantine for three weeks.

So naturally instead of making an 8 hour drive, he’s going to get on a plane to gently caress. This is why horny needs to be prohibited, folks.

That and some friends invited me for dinner, insisting they had adequately quarantined. Except one was still semi regularly going to an office and oh also a relative was in town visiting so they just dropped in awhile (which they weren’t going to tell me but let slip.)

Even otherwise intelligent people think social distancing is a loving parents’ curfew - like if no one else finds out you broke it, nothing bad will happen. At this rate I’m not going to have a single friend I want to see in person until a full on vaccine because you literally cannot trust anyone’s word since they’ll lie to save face and do what they want despite the potential risk.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1262040426070114304
lmao 'you're all sick disgusting pigs it isnt our fault you die so easy'

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Bernie Panders posted:

I thought the line was that American lockdowns were lackadaisical and poorly enforced, have we moved to "they were insanely effective"

It depends on the chud factor of the population ( C0 to Ctrup ). The closer you approach to trup, the more intentional plague spread.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Bernie Panders posted:

In the Bay Area, absolutely! Going WFH for companies and state government and closing the schools in mid-March likely made a huge difference among the general population.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

politifact rates this statement as mostly true

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

cuomo just took a covid nose test live on the presser

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Bernie Panders posted:

It no doubt saved millions of lives, however only some states did a good job and many didn't give a gently caress. And now mostly everyone is just saying gently caress whatever capital must move forward OPEN UP

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

It no doubt saved millions of lives, however only some states did a good job and many didn't give a gently caress. And now mostly everyone is just saying gently caress whatever capital must move forward OPEN UP

Opening up is literally the only solution if the fuckass democrats won't even advocate for UBI, cohesively, as a party

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Let me be clear, there is no effective difference between "stay home (sorry all your bills are due, and no you're not getting cash)" and "sacrifice yourself to your boss, blood altar of capital etc"

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

uninterrupted posted:

to deal w capacity issues there are plans to bounce signal through devices with good coverage to devices in bad coverage. hence why 5g is a big part of automation, devices can talk straight to each other if they’re within range.

which means you’re trusting other devices the same way you trust a cell tower right now (which is p much blind faith, that’s why stingrays are a thing).

now you might be saying “why even loving bother, I can stream tv on my phone just fine” which is what everyone else is saying. it’s getting pushed by governments to spy on people. the us isn’t claiming China is gonna use 5g to spy on us out of baseless racism, it’s projection and racism.

You are mistaken, your device is not going to do mesh networking with 5G.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Refusal to be injected with DRAPM! juice before 12/31/2020 voids your unemployment benefits and/or your green card.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Anime Store Adventure posted:

One of my friends’ fiancée is back from a military deployment overseas but has to be in another state in quarantine for three weeks.

So naturally instead of making an 8 hour drive, he’s going to get on a plane to gently caress. This is why horny needs to be prohibited, folks.

That and some friends invited me for dinner, insisting they had adequately quarantined. Except one was still semi regularly going to an office and oh also a relative was in town visiting so they just dropped in awhile (which they weren’t going to tell me but let slip.)

Even otherwise intelligent people think social distancing is a loving parents’ curfew - like if no one else finds out you broke it, nothing bad will happen. At this rate I’m not going to have a single friend I want to see in person until a full on vaccine because you literally cannot trust anyone’s word since they’ll lie to save face and do what they want despite the potential risk.

Yeah my family are getting sad that I don't visit, and they keep saying "we're not afraid if you come", and I had to explain to them that I'm afraid of getting the virus from THEM because they're not staying home, and they were kind of taken aback

Boomers can't think of anyone but themselves

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

And the only thing resembling a federal response was the trump admin stealing supplies from blue states and giving them to red ones.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

snoo posted:

your wife owns, gently caress them

she's now extra worried about going to work and i keep telling her to stay home if she isn't safe

we have some money saved but also i have a union tradeskill so make a good wage and we could survive a while on just my income

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/KNOE8/status/1261763357134270466

quote:

A federal judge has rejected Central pastor Tony Spell’s lawsuit claiming that the stay-at-home order Gov. John Bel Edwards implemented to stop the spread of the coronavirus was unconstitutional.

Meanwhile, Spell, who drew international attention for defying the order by continuing to hold services at Life Tabernacle Church, has been released from house arrest. Spell had sued Gov. Edwards and other government leaders, arguing the stay-at-home order violated his freedom of worship and freedom of assembly.

But, on Friday, U.S. District Judge Brian Jackson rejected those arguments, saying Edwards has the authority to issue emergency directives reasonably tailored to severe public health threats.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I don't know what to do because my partner is working a food service job where they don't feel safe but they feel like they're the only person that's successfully pushed back on the owner's attempts to make things even more unsafe for staff/customers.

State don't care. City don't care.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Grey Fox posted:

I don't know what to do because my partner is working a food service job where they don't feel safe but they feel like they're the only person that's successfully pushed back on the owner's attempts to make things even more unsafe for staff/customers.

State don't care. City don't care.

Go to the media

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1262029906512404480?s=20

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1261683454766440453?s=20

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Subordinate trying to make their bosses happy or direct order to make the data look like they wanted it to

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

MorrisBae posted:

Go to the media

can't wait til we get the president tweeting at random businesses whose employees called news hotlines to say "please report on my unsafe working conditions"

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

america is the greatest country in the world, that's why so many of our people are dying - because we're all fat and sick :smugbert:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

MorrisBae posted:

Go to the media
lol they were already scared about reporting anonymously to state/local officials out of fear of retaliation

they absolutely won't trust a local journalist to keep a secret

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Zil posted:

Subordinate trying to make their bosses happy or direct order to make the data look like they wanted it to

"The error was at least the third in as many weeks"

it's on purpose and they're gonna keep doing it no matter how many times they get caught

"flood the zone with bullshit" is official policy now

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

MorrisBae posted:

OPERATION WARP SPEED

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao can you imagine something like this happening in the USA

https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/status/1261789548520132612?s=21

You’d have armed chuds forcing healthcare workers to turn around at gun point.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao can you imagine something like this happening in the USA

https://twitter.com/chayesmatthew/status/884787651215314944

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Utz posted:

my mother has a friend whose father got covid in his assisted living home: tested positive, hospitalized, kept for several days with breathing problems that improved over time

he tested negative twice and was released back to his assisted living place

that same night, he was found unconscious there, re-hospitalized, and guess what? he's got the roni again, testing positive

This is probably a stupid question, but could there be multiple but similar strains of covid going around? So many stories of re-infection conflicting with antibody responses, and how some folks seem to have such wildly different responses in general. Is it possible to have 2 strains of a virus that are close enough to test positive but not close enough for antibodies to be effective?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cowpocalypse posted:

america is the greatest country in the world, that's why so many of our people are dying - because we're all fat and sick :smugbert:

It's not even true from what I can tell the comorbidities that get tossed around are present in fatalities at the same rate as in the general population more or less if you look at say the data the ghouls were trying to use to justify reopening PA. Nothing in the popular press is getting like adjusted for age regarding this lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lmao it was always going to happen this way, if we had a successful lockdown the chuds would be howling it wasn't necessary. we hosed up the lockdown so bad that now they have to grasp on the faintest of straws to insist it wasn't necessary

it was also always going to happen like this lol, they will forcibly inject us with pigblood vaccine and declare america open for business and shrug at the dead people

lol hell yeah

:stoke:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
A lovely vaccine could kill more people than like the absolute ceiling kill count of the virus

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shovelbum posted:

A lovely vaccine could kill more people than like the absolute ceiling kill count of the virus

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE!!!

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Linux Nazi posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but could there be multiple but similar strains of covid going around? So many stories of re-infection conflicting with antibody responses, and how some folks seem to have such wildly different responses in general. Is it possible to have 2 strains of a virus that are close enough to test positive but not close enough for antibodies to be effective?

yes there are, but the reason is the tests are garbage (especially in america where it wasn't vetted and just happened to be a company j-kush had a stake in) and you're typically "infected" for like a solid month, and would likely test positive for a time after because you're still chucking out roni from inside your body

like don't get me wrong we're all going to die, but going by how other ronis have been studied proper re-infection would be like a month or two+ after it's out of your body

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE!!!
I can't even laugh at this anymore because I'm watching people in real time start to warm up to this line of thinking

absolute hellnation with gutless leadership

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Linux Nazi posted:

People have been doing a lot of genetic analysis on the different strains of virus and have a pretty good idea of whats out there. It seems that getting infected twice by different strains in the exact same geographical area is a lot less likely than the tests being lovely and some people are predisposed (for one reason or another) to be likely for a false negative.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if volume of ads on the you tube are any indication, the realtors of pennsylvania think that i personally have all the leverage they need to get selling houses declared a life saving activity

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NdVxwvkuHs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shovelbum posted:

“Well hey we tried something.”

- Trump as the whole world is turned into cronenburgs