Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh yeah, I maxx every boost as soon as I'm comfortable- I've got everything through 100 maxxed, and protected stacks of Power/Toughness 200 sitting around waiting for more that I don't need.

I meant the boosted boosts perk, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

you can effectively ignore macguffs till evil iirc, nthing the suggestion to farm iptopod instead of beard for DC guff. You'd have to spend months farming it to get it to a servicable level, then do a ton of rebirths.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm still enjoying idle wizard, necro is oddly chill at e200+

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Kyrosiris posted:

About how many challenge completions are needed to push into Reincarnation? I'm at like e110 Mythos/e258 shards and it feels like making any more progress is a serious drag.

I'm not too sure anymore but No Shards is the one to focus on since it is an immediate boost to Mythic shard production. And an additional Diamond- challenge can be eked out even if the multiplier seems far away due to the 1% increase to diamonds from prestiging upgrade. Also don't forget to dump Offerings into runes, especially if you're approaching a 10-level breakpoint. Speed stays cheapest throughout.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I meant the boosted boosts perk, sorry.

Oh yeah, that's where my PP are going until it's maxxed. Just too good not to.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So I'm sitting here slowly auto killing the nerd for his gear, but this 2 hour rebirth is slowing it by quite a bit.

It's taken me quite a while to make my way up to level 125 by skipping the first two gear sets, so should I just take the 2 hour hit and try the no rebirth evil mode challenge between completing the nerd set and the next titan instead?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

So I'm sitting here slowly auto killing the nerd for his gear, but this 2 hour rebirth is slowing it by quite a bit.

It's taken me quite a while to make my way up to level 125 by skipping the first two gear sets, so should I just take the 2 hour hit and try the no rebirth evil mode challenge between completing the nerd set and the next titan instead?

Probably best a bit to boost the basic hacks a little (just some milestones dont go crazy) before you so challenges, so you can make your trip back up easier.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Francis posted:

Wishlist for The End of NGU:

- Everything hardcapped. No number can, in fact, go up. I'm not sure how far to go with this, since banks would have to hit 100%, there'd have to be a blood bank, and a wish to not consume blood when casting a spell (which honestly would be a pretty cool abiliity in general at low %s)

- Macguffin macguffin and Cooking macguffin.

- All the final equipment should be the same color. All of them, even the cube and all accessory slots. I don't know if insanely powerful items (that do nothing useful, since everything's capped) or an entirely cosmetic Designer Lounge-wear set (that does nothing at all) would be better.

- A completely pointless bonus for a complete item list.

My overly-wishful wishlist:

- For the finale to be as epic and/or stupid as possible.

- The final boss involves all the different features in some way, for example having to switch on specific beards/augments at once.

- A final ability to equip every single item in your inventory at once for a big mondo attack.

- Gradually sacrificing all of your progress a la Nier (okay not really this is a godawful idea but I can’t help but imagine it)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ngu can't end. not allowed

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What Goes Up, Must Come Down

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Klungar posted:

What Goes Up, Must Come Down

:five:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ability to load your save over to NGD Idle

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

NGU should end by setting number to 0, freeing you forever.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

NGU culminates in preparing for one final Troll Challenge.

The challenge sets all your numbers to 0, permanently, and completing it requires you to not load the save for ten years.

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

Kin posted:

Yes, definitely do some challenges. I just did a challenge block after nerdv2, and I was able to do 6 no rebirth challenges (the sixth one only took 90 minutes). Getting back to boss 125 only took 2 hours.

The no rebirth challenges were easy and fun. The no NGU challenge was despair inducing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm 49 days into NGU and I just realized you can level and maxx boosts

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

kcer posted:

synergism progress really goes off a cliff after coins e750 and diamonds e400, huh?

maybe i need to transcend more often for minor gains in mythos?

Push your challenges, and if those are tapped out, push your runes. You will eventually have to save up a lot of offerings, but you won't get to that point without spending them.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Definitely just ride out the two hour timer for now, you'll be done soon enough and once you have some of the v2 accessories and some att/def hacks you can easily do the NRCs then. If you do six (which is easy at v2) then Godmother starts at one hour AKs.

While you're here you can test the waters in Evilverse and PPPL and see what the drop rate looks like, you might be able to start backfilling those set bonuses now.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Don't worry I was well into evil by the time I realized that

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

:same: tbh

I think I realized that about two days ago.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I trashed so many items before noticing the bonuses for maxxing out item sets- I wish there was something to make it a little clearer that that exists because I had to stumble across it while checking out the item list.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Push your challenges, and if those are tapped out, push your runes. You will eventually have to save up a lot of offerings, but you won't get to that point without spending them.

thanks, looks like i neglected the challenges i guess, made a whole bunch of progress!

shs
Feb 14, 2012
I managed to find some free time and am probably going to finish and (re)release Endless Battle Return of Hero some time in the next few weeks.

I don't have anything else to add, other than some new character art.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Restarted Theory of Magic (the one that used to be Arcanum). I'm tier 6 and Tomes (thus Codexes) are my stumbling block - is there a best adventure for them if I just leave the spells to reduce madness/frustration/etc on autocast?

also why the gently caress is my speed -9 and I haven't found a single pair of boots yet I can enchant to fix it, did I buy an upgrade I really, really shouldn't have at some point

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

shs posted:

I managed to find some free time and am probably going to finish and (re)release Endless Battle Return of Hero some time in the next few weeks.

That's great, I'll be glad to try again and this time actually post how much I'm enjoying it

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

shs posted:

Ah dude, I'm glad to hear it. I did have a really good time with Endless Battle the last time you posted, so I'm excited to see what's new.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Samuringa posted:

That's great, I'll be glad to try again and this time actually post how much I'm enjoying it

:same:

Also, do I remember correctly that there was a mobile release planned? I'm so in for a not-lovely ios idle game right now.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

The Fool posted:

Also, do I remember correctly that there was a mobile release planned? I'm so in for a not-lovely ios idle game right now.

it was on Android at least, I was playing it mobile

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I've still got it on Android, even.

I imagine save games won't transfer over, though.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I will not be playing because they can't be trusted to not just dump out of the game again.

shs
Feb 14, 2012

The Fool posted:

It's going to be on Android / iOS / Steam. I'm dropping the web version. The reason is Unity's WebGL exporter sort of works but it's also sort of an awful motherfucker and I don't feel like spending my limited amount of free time wrestling with an endless stream of weird technical bullshit.

It's also going to be a one time purchase game with no ads or in game purchases. The reason for that is maintaining a free to play game requires a massive time investment and I'm not able to make that sort of commitment. And having to worry about catching whales and bleeding the money out of them is not how I want to spend any amount of my time.

Among other changes, 4 of the energies were removed. Gacha energy is still there but it's at least 2 or 3 times faster. There's also an 8th and 9th layer, plus something that resembles an ending.

Whenever I actually release, I'll drop some Steam keys here. I don't know if iOS or Android has a Steam key equivalent. That's probably something I should look into.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So i have been at the Energy Cap for a long while now but color me surprised when i discovered there is an Energy POWER cap! :eng99:

A bit of a weird number as well, 4,84e18 as opposed to the cap, eh, cap, of 9e18

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 19, 2020

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Ineptitude posted:

So i have been at the Energy Cap for a long while now but color me surprised when i discovered there is an Energy POWER cap! :eng99:

A bit of a weird number as well, 4,84e18 as opposed to the cap, eh, cap, of 9e18

It's 1e18 before consumables. With both a beta potion and an alpha/delta potion, it becomes 2.2*2.2*1e18 = 4.84e18

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Hmm

I have 4k% to NGUs from cards, every NGU perk, quirk and wish, capped power and cap, all the +NGU% items in the game except Rock Lobster, and i still dont reach equilibrium on the NGU Magic NGU. I BBed them both at the start of the rebirth but the cost rises faster than the gain.

I remember when i got these NGUs to BB in Evil, every day i would need less and less of my caps to BB them and could put more and more into the other NGUs, eventually BBing all the NGUs. I have been looking forward to this in sadistic but it seems its not happening unless hacks are also capped? (im at 6k NGU hacks but its taking 30 minutes to train a level now)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
the tax researches in synergism are so so SO much more powerful than anything else for their cost.

i'm really enjoying this game whoever posted it

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Eldercain posted:

the tax researches in synergism are so so SO much more powerful than anything else for their cost.

i'm really enjoying this game whoever posted it

Synergism really is a lot of fun. I’m just about at the end of the current content now, but I’m looking forward to the next patch which, surely, is any day now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Meinberg posted:

Synergism really is a lot of fun. I’m just about at the end of the current content now, but I’m looking forward to the next patch which, surely, is any day now.

yeah same, i'm down to the last 4 rune researches plus the one that's not actually implemented and waiting for more stuff

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Huh, yeah, Synergism is pretty good.

I'm stalling out at e75 mythos, can't figure out where to go forward from there - got all my challenge completions maximally high, no low-hanging achievements to get, do I just move to longer runs and take advantage of auto-transcend to stop paying attention for a while to get myself up orders of magnitude?

It's the point where I can buy all the coin upgrades easily, so straight longer runs to make more diamonds/mythos kinda stops scaling efficiently. I have three runes that are not getting as much attention as maybe they should (levels 20, 13, 12) so maybe long runs for more offerings is right?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Huh, yeah, Synergism is pretty good.

I'm stalling out at e75 mythos, can't figure out where to go forward from there - got all my challenge completions maximally high, no low-hanging achievements to get, do I just move to longer runs and take advantage of auto-transcend to stop paying attention for a while to get myself up orders of magnitude?

It's the point where I can buy all the coin upgrades easily, so straight longer runs to make more diamonds/mythos kinda stops scaling efficiently. I have three runes that are not getting as much attention as maybe they should (levels 20, 13, 12) so maybe long runs for more offerings is right?

there's an upgrade that scales with transactions, if you can just auto at .1 seconds and max it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eldercain posted:

there's an upgrade that scales with transactions, if you can just auto at .1 seconds and max it out
...oh god there are two, one's coin gain mult and one's mythos gain mult, that's embarrassing as hell that I missed that, entire orders of magnitude left on the table here. And yeah, autoing at 0.1 seconds seems to be working fine, so I bet that's what I was supposed to do. I even saw those and was like "wow, those cap high, oh well, I'll get there" then promptly forgot. Thanks!