Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Love to see media legitimizing power that is neither deserved nor legal in the sycophantic network that surrounds the corpulent orange orb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Thump! posted:

Where does SafeWay fit into all this? Are they just an insurgent organization across the West Coast?

BIG HORNY COW posted:

Safeway is owned by Cerberus Capital / The Mercers, so probably it's own archipelago of slave plantations

also literally already on the map since Cerberus also owns Albertsons, which acquired/merged with Safeway back in 2015

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Albertson's merged with Save Mart, not SafeWay.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

reignonyourparade posted:

Eastern washington will try and western washington will go "actually we rather like eating food and there's like, none of you to stop us, no you aren't."

Amazon is going to fund various terrorists groups west of Washington to destabilize the region for natural resources and Potatoes.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Mercury-and-gold-mines-in-2004-in-the-US-Wentz-Brigham-Chasar-Lutz-Krabbenhoft_fig3_303366055

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kenning posted:

Albertson's merged with Save Mart, not SafeWay.

nope

Save Mart purchased a number of Albertsons locations in 2006, but they don't have the same ownership

Safeway/Albertsons do

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Ah, I was mistaken. Dogshit chain though, the only grocery store worth dying for is Berkeley Bowl.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Failson posted:

The sun never sets on the Kroger empire:

Why is Georgia cursed to not have any Harris Teeters and just regular Kroger? For shame.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I get having a "discount" store or whatever but why the gently caress does Kroger have like 20 different stores

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crunchy Black posted:

Why is Georgia cursed to not have any Harris Teeters and just regular Kroger? For shame.

:lol: if anything, Kroger buying up a grocery chain makes it actively shittier.

In my experience, Kroger is a bottom tier chain, they're just everywhere. Sadly some places like Kansas (Dillon's), it's the only option you have outside of Walmart.

I do miss the fact that you could buy lovely Chinese food at Dillon's though, sometimes in the darkest nights, I crave that Honey Potato Chicken.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

OhFunny posted:

The gently caress is Wawa-Wegmans? Eastern New England won't join this. This is Market Basket territory.

Edit: Maine split from that split and just be Hannaford's.

Yeah, lived in CT and Mass for 20 years each give or take and have no clue what a Wegmans is and the only Wawa I've ever seen was in mid-ct and closed up shop in the 90s.

In New England, there'll be a further war between Stop & Shop, Shaws/Star Market, Hannaford and Market Basket and we'll end up a bunch of micro states.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Peanut President posted:

I get having a "discount" store or whatever but why the gently caress does Kroger have like 20 different stores

They buy an established chain in a region, then don’t change the name. That way, people don’t immediately notice a change and keep going.

It’s really weird to see these Balkanization maps based around grocery stores when you live in the Chicagoland area. Those maps should have Chicago to be updated to be a no mans land, or maybe a neutral territory. There are so many different chains, both local and national. Hell, within less than a .5 mile radius from the same major intersection in the suburbs, there are 4 grocery stores: Whole Foods, Aldi, Jewel, Pete’s Fresh Market (local chain).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Orvin posted:

They buy an established chain in a region, then don’t change the name. That way, people don’t immediately notice a change and keep going.

It’s really weird to see these Balkanization maps based around grocery stores when you live in the Chicagoland area. Those maps should have Chicago to be updated to be a no mans land, or maybe a neutral territory. There are so many different chains, both local and national. Hell, within less than a .5 mile radius from the same major intersection in the suburbs, there are 4 grocery stores: Whole Foods, Aldi, Jewel, Pete’s Fresh Market (local chain).

I figure that the events of The Warriors will play out there.

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747

Orvin posted:

I was sad when Dominicks closed, but now I live on the west coast and they exist here as Von's.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Breaking down Chicago by supermarket would turn the region into something that looks like Aleppo in 2016

canqued
Jan 18, 2020
WI Supreme Court struck down Governor Evers' shelter at home order.

Now counties are issuing their own orders (or not).

BALK WITHIN BALK

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I will for sure be sent to the greater texas reich oil fields to die so I need to work on getting out of my current location.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
all hail dictator for life, tom thumb!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

canqued posted:

WI Supreme Court struck down Governor Evers' shelter at home order.

Now counties are issuing their own orders (or not).

BALK WITHIN BALK

If the state governor can't issue a stay at home order, why would counties be able to. Counties in the US system derive their legal power from the state.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

If the state governor can't issue a stay at home order, why would counties be able to. Counties in the US system derive their legal power from the state.

i mean sure, when laws ostensibly mattered

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Peanut President posted:

one store for each nation state

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: if anything, Kroger buying up a grocery chain makes it actively shittier.

In my experience, Kroger is a bottom tier chain, they're just everywhere. Sadly some places like Kansas (Dillon's), it's the only option you have outside of Walmart.

I do miss the fact that you could buy lovely Chinese food at Dillon's though, sometimes in the darkest nights, I crave that Honey Potato Chicken.

kroger is a union shop you scab bastard

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Pretty much every state is doing a phased reopening, the national election is starting to heat up, stimuluses are slowly being handed out. Kinda feels like balk is off the menu

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Don't worry this is the part of the recipe where you turn the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes 4-36 months. We'll get there.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Pretty much every state is doing a phased reopening, the national election is starting to heat up, stimuluses are slowly being handed out. Kinda feels like balk is off the menu

just because people are feeling good and reopening doesnt mean the virus gives a gently caress. this is the dead cat bounce.

as the death counts continue to grow exponentially lockdown 2: electric boogaloo will be much harsher than before. and of course the response from idiot yahoos will be harsher than last time as well. give it time.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

LGD posted:

nope

Save Mart purchased a number of Albertsons locations in 2006, but they don't have the same ownership

Safeway/Albertsons do

Cerberus Capital Management

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

They’re balking at it.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kenning posted:

Don't worry this is the part of the recipe where you turn the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes 4-36 months. We'll get there.

Yeah we haven't even hit 100k deaths yet, this poo poo is still just getting started especially if the serology testing out of Spain is indicating only 5% of the population exposed there

The inevitably illegitimate presidential election (or lack thereof) will be what gets us over the Rubicon

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

the fundamentals of the economy are stronk

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

ArmZ posted:

kroger is a union shop you scab bastard

also I don't think Wegmans is union, which is once again why all the East Coasters who go gaga for Wegmans need to sit down, shut up, and realize that the actual god of grocery stores is in St Louis

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I know y'all joking but you Americans and your stupid tribalism over everything is a huge part of the problem.

Sports teams, fast food restaurants, sandwich shops, beer brands and now grocery stores? Come on.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Atrocious Joe posted:

Breaking down Chicago by supermarket would turn the region into something that looks like Aleppo in 2016

what's aleppo

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
aleppo deez balls

solidarityforever
May 11, 2020

I will never jeopardize the beans
a city in northwest syria

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
If a hundred Texans fought a hundred Floridan who do you think would win?

My bet is on Florida. They are all equally crazy which makes them cohesive. They would just chuck the gently caress outta Alligators at Texans.

Meanwhile Texans would just be arguing over who is the most Texan between Central, West, East, and coastal Texans, while the city Texans would be trying build a coffee shop.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 21:42 on May 17, 2020

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

spankmeister posted:

I know y'all joking but you Americans and your stupid tribalism over everything is a huge part of the problem.

Sports teams, fast food restaurants, sandwich shops, beer brands and now grocery stores? Come on.

shut the gently caress up

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

spankmeister posted:

"In and Out has the best Hamburgers."

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

If a hundred Texans fought a hundred Floridan who do you think would win?

My bet is on Florida. They are all equally crazy which makes them cohesive. They would just chuck the gently caress outta Alligators at Texans.

Meanwhile Texans would just be arguing over who is the most Texan between Central, West, East, and coastal Texans, while the city Texans would be trying build a coffee shop.

bath salts versus coke, the salts win every time

the prize is all the face flesh you can eat

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Modern Indian Wars in the middle of a deadly pandemic what a grand idea! :downsbravo:
https://twitter.com/oohiyu/status/1262121704123297792

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why are south dakotans going onto the reservation? arent they locked down too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Looked like a truck driver trying to pass through