Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

DaveSauce posted:

What a loving nightmare.

First weekend alone (as in no grandparents) with the newborn and the 2.5 year old and I'm about to completely lose my poo poo. All week she's been trouble at potty time, but now she's blatantly refusing to cooperate. She delays going until I drag her over there, then she refuses to take any active role in going. So I end up having to take her pants and pull up off myself and plop her on the toilet. After 5-20 minutes of arguing MAYBE she does something, but it's purely coincidental. And of course then she refuses to put anything back on, so I end up having to do that myself too.

I'm at a loss. Bribes/incentives don't work where they used to.

The hell do I do to make this kid listen? I know I'm not doing it right, and I'm pretty sure everything I do is making it worse. But I have no idea what to do here.

gently caress toddlers and gently caress kids. One was bad enough and we made the dumbass decision to have a second. Any other time I could cope, but having the newborn along with the lack of sleep is loving with me.

Sounds like your daughter might be picking up on stress. And, she is also old enough and smart enough to be aware that most of your attention or Mom's attention is being redirected at the newborn, and she's acting out. IOW, slap a diaper on her and come back to potty training when you're of a clearer mind, you can't be everything for her right now and if it takes one thing off your plate while you're sleep-deprived and barely getting by, do it. No sense in fighting with a stubborn toddler over it when you could be focusing on helping with your newborn and keeping your toddler alive and safe.

I can't say I feel your pain exactly (as the parent of a two year-old who isn't ready for PT yet), but I can say it's tough having a toddler, it's arguably just as tough if not tougher than having a newborn--and you have both by yourself. Today mine wouldn't let me put him down for a nap, Mom had to do it or it wasn't happening, he just screamed and had a tantrum every time I calmly spoke to him saying it was time for a nap and he could walk with me to his room or I would carry him. So I just had to carry him there, which made him scream louder and try to hit me. Then when Momma did get him down, he woke up 30 minutes later and I could hear him saying, "Momma...?" on the monitor. Thought he'd go back to sleep because he lay back down then he started crying and got out of bed. Went in there to try and comfort him and get him back down, it ended up with me holding him while sitting in the glider, trying to rock and sing to him while he screamed bloody murder and tried to hit me more and fight me. And my wife was working the whole time so gently caress me. My point is, I felt powerless to effectively parent my son at that time because he only wanted Momma and wasn't having any of this Dada poo poo. She did hear the monitor and come in, he's currently calm now, but getting stubborn kids to listen is a non-starter, and my son effectively bullied his way to getting Momma when he actually didn't have the choice of getting her until she literally walked in. In the end she was an option, but if she wasn't, I probably would have brought him out and dealt with his crankiness rather than continue to hold a surprisingly strong toddler and get him back to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

life is killing me posted:

I believe it’s more of a, “Oh poo poo there’s going to be a meat shortage” situation. Someone says meat shortage, media reports, people start panicking and buying a bunch of meat to stock up at home, an actual meat shortage is now created because of it, and then the meat packing plants decide/are allowed to stay open to compensate.

Kids are huge disease carriers and would not practice any type of hygiene without parents to direct them to do so, I mean at least we can imagine that meat packing plants would have many measures in place for worker safety and food safety.

The huge outbreaks at U.S. (and other) meat packing facilities, and the lack of outbreaks at daycare facilities, I think put the lie to your assumptions.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/triumph-foods-outbreak-missouri/index.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/cargill-meat-plant-closed-outbreak-covid-19-1.5538824

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-outbreak-closes-german-meat-packing-plant/a-53374478

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

gently caress my life. Son decided he’s just not going to nap today. He slept like poo poo last night too. I’m on about 3 hours of sleep.

Oh and he just discovered he can put his hands down the back of his diaper now, so that’s fun.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

The Fool posted:

My brain is melting from being a 4-year-olds only social interaction for 9 hours a day
I sincerely wish ours would pick up video games so Animal Crossing or something simple could keep him busy, instead its a constant rotation of his new track cars (loving hell those things are loud and eat batteries every day) watching youtube train videos, or wanting to use the washing machine.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Are other peoples kids just that more manageable. Are we just lazier than most people? We would have kept sending our kids to pre school until they forced us to stop. None of us would have had time to do all that home education stuff. I'm literally not at home and she studies at home.
I can't compare with home learning but it seriously blows my mind being in a company of 600+ staff that we're an "Edge case" in terms of coping with work, I've just finished having two weeks off and mailed my boss on Friday to say we're still screwed without childcare (We might get some come June) and I'll just have to hope for the best on Monday.

My wife an I both have people facing support roles, it just can't be done when you've got kids losing their poo poo over the microphone when you're trying to recover someone locked out of their computer, or someone with a sensitive billing issue. I think at most we get about 1-2 hours "free time" as we've been able to nap both kids in the afternoon, but its not bulletproof.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

nwin posted:

gently caress my life. Son decided he’s just not going to nap today. He slept like poo poo last night too. I’m on about 3 hours of sleep.

Oh and he just discovered he can put his hands down the back of his diaper now, so that’s fun.

Stay strong.

Do not murder.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

BadSamaritan posted:

Our one year old has started groaning theatrically when picking things off the floor and I’m pretty sure that was 100% learned from us being tired and sore lmao

My kid would say "okay" like twelve times in a sentence and I'm like, do I really sound like that?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

:lol: at the "regular deep cleaning" I see everywhere.

I have no faith that deep cleaning means anything significant and I hope our daycare is smart enough to not try and mandate masks for very small hyperactive children. We'll see.

Appreciate the info though.

Sarah posted:

I assume you are also in Ohio? My child has been back at daycare since April 6 since husband and I are essential. The daycare she is at is doing a fantastic job of keeping everything clean and safe. As far as prioritizing, her daycare sent an email out asking parents who know they will be needing care to contact them ASAP and they will start working on getting everyone a spot. Since they already had a pandemic license and had some locations open they are confident in opening the rest up and following the guidelines.

We live pretty close to a hospital and I imagine a lot of the kids inside our daycare have parents who work there. It’s been over 30 days and haven’t had any issues with exposure.

Yeah I'm not super super worried about it so much as it is just a niggling fear in the back of my mind when I consider our options. Given that it has been 3 months since he was last in daycare the more immediate issue is seeing how he'll readjust to not being around us 24 hours a day and the change in structure in his classroom as a result of whatever safety precautions the daycare has to take.

Making some progress on the sleeping front - he has taken pretty well to his toddler bed for nap time after I spent a week coaching him into it and transferring him from the mattress to his bed any time he fell asleep. I think we're going to give it a few more days and then start working on doing the same transition for bedtime at night.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Are other peoples kids just that more manageable. Are we just lazier than most people? We would have kept sending our kids to pre school until they forced us to stop. None of us would have had time to do all that home education stuff. I'm literally not at home and she studies at home.

It's not just you. No one signed up to be a parent with the expectation of juggling work, childcare, and education from home with little to no real support outside of your partner. Most people are probably trying to put a happy face on outwardly or have had the tendency to just suffer in silence because "that's what parents do". It's okay to admit things are rough and many of would prefer things to go back to normal as quickly and safely as possible.

One thing I've definitely learned in my short time as a parent (and my longer career as a caretaker for younger siblings, cousins, etc) is that other people's kids always look more manageable and well-behaved than yours. Like with most things, the grass is rarely as green as it seems on the other side.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I suppose I'll be joining this thread. Hi everyone. We have a 21 month old and also a baby due tomorrow. We live in a 2 bed 1 bathroom house and thankfully daycare is open. Since we have no relatives here, we were blown away when our daycare lady volunteered to look after our kid (she said: "no problem, I love him") when my wife went into labour. She even offered to keep him over the weekend but we've got him for now.

Currently our toddler is in diapers, is mostly fairly good-natured, sleeps through the night, has a nap after lunch for a couple of hours, and is mostly fairly easy. Tantrums and throwing stuff at mealtimes but not a big deal. I must say I'm not looking forward to a baby in this current situation but lol whatever. Yoloswag.

redreader fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 17, 2020

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I mean, it happened with toilet paper and all paper goods so you’ll have to forgive me for my cynicism when it comes to people and panic.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Day 2 of the 18 month old not taking a nap.

Last night he went to bed early-we put him down at 6:15 when we usually do 7pm and he slept through the night until 6:30...he’s normally up by 6.

So we thought we’d be back on track today-kept the same routine we’ve always done and now it’s 1:30 and he’s wide awake refusing to nap when he’s usually passed out by 12:30.

My wife’s saying it’s a sleep regression-I didn’t know that would result in straight up zero loving naps...

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

nwin posted:

Day 2 of the 18 month old not taking a nap.

Last night he went to bed early-we put him down at 6:15 when we usually do 7pm and he slept through the night until 6:30...he’s normally up by 6.

So we thought we’d be back on track today-kept the same routine we’ve always done and now it’s 1:30 and he’s wide awake refusing to nap when he’s usually passed out by 12:30.

My wife’s saying it’s a sleep regression-I didn’t know that would result in straight up zero loving naps...

Our 20 mo old has been doing the odd nap strike recently. She lasts maybe 2-3 days before she remembers she’s actually happier when she naps. It has happened about 3 times since we started lockdown 10 weeks ago. I don’t think it’s regression, I think it’s partially related to her picking up on our stress and partially just her acting out of frustration and boredom from being stuck in the house all day.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
My 8 month old hasn't pooped all day. I think I remember hearing that 5 days isn't anything to worry about, and his cousin did 2 weeks, but was that for just newborns? when do i start panicking.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

My 8 month old hasn't pooped all day. I think I remember hearing that 5 days isn't anything to worry about, and his cousin did 2 weeks, but was that for just newborns? when do i start panicking.

I’m no help but my kid went two days without pooping and finally ripped around that age-he was on formula.

I seem to recall that no stool is less of a concern with breast milk. (Like 3 days if formula vs a week of breastfed.)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I very much enjoyed the fact that it took quite a while for our kid to even start moving. I'm not pleased that he walks around the house all day taking stuff off shelves and putting it on the floor. This plus 6 cats means the house is a loving wreck. We do have baby gates but yeah. we don't have a ton of space here. I'm just glad he shows absolutely 0 interest in the litter robots.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I think I found the source of whatever problems you've ever had

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Family friend's 10 month old went twenty. five. days. They struggled to put words together to describe the inevitable result.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

redreader posted:

I'm just glad he shows absolutely 0 interest in the litter robots.

Ours is simultaneously afraid of the iRobot and fascinated enough with it to continue pressing the ON button after being told not to

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

If he's breast fed, that little tyke will poop when he drat well feels like it and not before because he's absorbing EVERYTHING.
If it's formula, you got a few more days before you should start to worry.

My daughter cried a lot when she started having solid poops. Now she has enormous ones and keeps on trucking.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

We just did a 9 day with our 9 month old. We started feeding him shredded cheese alongside his other solids and it clogged him up. After about 6 days my wife and I were like “when was the last time he pooped?” We called the doc and they said they see it a lot because cheese just does that, so feed prunes and/or beans 3 to 4 times a day, maybe mix pears in as well. He is breastfed and eats solids 3 times a day so we just did pure prune and pear purée during the solids times. After a few days of lots of farts and big pushes, he pooped on day 10 and has been fine since.

They also said some babies are fine going every couple days, but overall you know your kid. If he normally goes everyday and hasn’t gone for 3, may be a good time to put some fiber on the diet or see if any new food is causing constipation. If he goes every couple of days and it’s been 3 days, then probably not a big deal, etc.

How often does he usually poop? Has his diet changed recently?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
He filled his diaper this morning, everything is fine on my end but I appreciate all the feedback for when this little issue Inevitably Returns. He's on breast, my wife and MIL (both Baby Experts) think he has low muscle tone, as it runs in his family, and he's not great with tummy time and hasn't started crawling yet.

Part of me wants to start exercising him, but the other part of me wants to Fffffffffffffucking Chill and not make this pandemic any more stressful than it has to be.

edit- For diet, he's still solidly on the nipple. We give him puffs and cheerios and even some pasta and sweet potato noodles to explore and self-feed. Spoon feeding porridges and pastes are hit and miss, we think he's still unused to the feel of solid food in his throat because a lot of his swallowing seems accidental? He coughs on occasion but never chokes. I'm also exposing him to new aromas, to try and ease the transition into solid foods.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 18, 2020

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
Grandparents will drive you loving insane with their antiquated advice.

Ignore them unless they are Certified Baby Experts (i.e. currently licensed and practicing MD specializing in pediatrics). Hell, my mom was a nurse in a hospital OB ward and only retired from that about 8 years ago, yet even she has some outdated knowledge. Someone 20-30 (or more) years past having a baby is hopelessly behind.

If you have any concerns, run it past the pediatrician, and your pediatrician alone. Ignore Dr. Google, ignore the Facebook Mommies Of <your city>. If your kid is actually behind, your pediatrician will take note and advise a proper course of action. There is a lot of variation for milestones like crawling, so just because your kid isn't and his cousin/neighbor/day care friend started crawling months ago doesn't mean anything.

On the subject of unsolicited advice, I swear to god if my in-laws mention Nutramigen one more loving time they will never see my kids again. They drove my wife to tears badgering her with that bullshit for the first kid when we had some trouble with her supply and colic, so of course they didn't shut up about it when then came up last week to help with #2. Supposedly my wife was colicky when she was an infant and Nutramigen was the miracle after all else failed, but it's just as likely that she just got over it at the same time that they switched. Also lol if any formula has the same ingredients as it did 35 years ago.\

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Finally-two straight days with zero naps and he slept like poo poo last night...he’s actually just gone down for his first nap in...72 hours? gently caress, I hope it’s longer than 30 minutes.

Edit: 1 hr, 15 minutes.

Motherfucker. This is average for him but sometimes he gives a gift of 2-2.5 hours.

nwin fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 18, 2020

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Nutramagen is for if your baby has a milk allergy. It's loving expensive and disgusting.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Nutramigen is absolutely disgusting. Our baby has a milk protein allergy and loving hated it. You can smell that poo poo a mile away. I think you’re supposed to add a little at a time to their normal food so they gradually get used to it. My wife decided to go vegan instead.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Interesting bit about the effects of all this on children’s mental health and a call to re-open schools

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/14/855641420/with-school-buildings-closed-children-s-mental-health-is-suffering

Not a big fan of the Rand Paul mention but I’ve also seen a lot of these things happening in my kid. Keeping them locked up away from everyone is not doing good things for mental health, but it feel like dammed if you do dammed if you don’t

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

My favorite mornings are the ones after a night my toddler wouldn’t go to sleep before 9, but promptly loving wakes up at 6am after maybe 9 hours of sleep and proceeds to act like a cranky rear end in a top hat once Mom and I do the handoff and she goes into the office to work.

Oh but before that happens he must fall out of his plastic chair and send his breakfast flying all over the place, a handoff must always occur during a time of injury or exhaustion so the transition can be as lovely as possible

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

life is killing me posted:

My favorite mornings are the ones after a night my toddler wouldn’t go to sleep before 9, but promptly loving wakes up at 6am after maybe 9 hours of sleep and proceeds to act like a cranky rear end in a top hat once Mom and I do the handoff and she goes into the office to work.

Oh but before that happens he must fall out of his plastic chair and send his breakfast flying all over the place, a handoff must always occur during a time of injury or exhaustion so the transition can be as lovely as possible

I think my sons last tooth is coming in. He was up all night long and then finally fell asleep for a stretch around 4 am.

But wait, when we went in there this morning he decided to put his hands down his diaper again, only this time he had pooped at some point and smeared it everywhere!

Here’s hoping no hand foot and mouth disease or pink eye is coming our way.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
We're lucky our daughter hasn't done any poop smearing yet. Though one of the dogs did poop and she picked it up and was showing it to us as if it was the greatest price she has ever seen. My wife was freaking out and I was almost on the floor laughing so hard.

We have been dealing with her waking up multiple times in the middle of the night for months now. She usually wakes up between midnight and 1 and will need about 20 minutes of us trying to calm her down before sleeping till morning. Just wish we could figure out what the hell is going on.

She's also not really wanting to eat dinner. We put anything on her plate, except grapes and some other fruits, she'll have meltdown. Sometimes we can get her to eat the food if we put grapes down first and then the food.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

nwin posted:

I think my sons last tooth is coming in. He was up all night long and then finally fell asleep for a stretch around 4 am.

But wait, when we went in there this morning he decided to put his hands down his diaper again, only this time he had pooped at some point and smeared it everywhere!

Here’s hoping no hand foot and mouth disease or pink eye is coming our way.

you need this, the (sigh) snoofy bee, basically a dog's soft collar for your changing table: https://snoofybee.com/

why is parenting gear all named like a god drat venerial disease for teletubbies

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

I’m imagining my kid managing to roll over while strapped to that, getting to her feet and proceeding to run through the house enconed with the pad flapping behind her and no ability to see the near ground, leading to a spectacular wipe out.

Diaper changes have been challenging lately.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

nwin posted:

Stupid question, but if he does this habitually, do you have anything to put on him where he can't get his hands down there? I mean specifically for bed time it could save some trouble. (Well, hindsight is 20/20...)
We keep ours in pyjamas similar to these, or when it gets warmer there are short-sleeved/legged versions.

https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Joys-Carters-Footless-Creatures/dp/B0744PN2VZ/ref=sr_1_7

Edit: Ours (also 18 months) is having some sort of sleep regression, or whatever you want to call it. I suppose it's related to starting pre-school/daycare last week. Some evenings, she flat-out refuses to go to stay in bed after her goodnight storybook. It devolves into a wrestling match where she gets more and more upset, and if I break it up and let her go back out of the bedroom, she just wants to keep playing with her toys or looking through books. (She's too tired, though, so keeps falling over/hurting herself and rubbing her eyes trying to stay awake...) Eventually she gives up but it takes an hour and a half past her normal bedtime. Really sucks the energy out of us when every day has to end on a sour note. I really hope this is over once she gets used to the new daytime environment! Yesterday was fine, but the other nights this past week have been p/ horrible.

Re: diaper changes, yeah she won't stay on the table except possibly for the first change in the morning, when she's too tired to make a fuss. For non-poop diapers, she gets to stand holding on to a radiator and step out of the old diaper and into a new pull-up.

I haven't actually had a poopy diaper for a few weeks because she loves to go on the potty, but when it does happen I take off her clothes, stand her in the shower and remove the diaper there. She loves to be hosed down if she gets to play a bit with her bath toys afterwards.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 20, 2020

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Stupid question, but if he does this habitually, do you have anything to put on him where he can't get his hands down there? I mean specifically for bed time it could save some trouble. (Well, hindsight is 20/20...)
We keep ours in pyjamas similar to these, or when it gets warmer there are short-sleeved/legged versions.

https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Joys-Carters-Footless-Creatures/dp/B0744PN2VZ/ref=sr_1_7

Edit: Ours (also 18 months) is having some sort of sleep regression, or whatever you want to call it. I suppose it's related to starting pre-school/daycare last week. Some evenings, she flat-out refuses to go to stay in bed after her goodnight storybook. It devolves into a wrestling match where she gets more and more upset, and if I break it up and let her go back out of the bedroom, she just wants to keep playing with her toys or looking through books. (She's too tired, though, so keeps falling over/hurting herself and rubbing her eyes trying to stay awake...) Eventually she gives up but it takes an hour and a half past her normal bedtime. Really sucks the energy out of us when every day has to end on a sour note. I really hope this is over once she gets used to the new daytime environment! Yesterday was fine, but the other nights this past week have been p/ horrible.

Re: diaper changes, yeah she won't stay on the table except possibly for the first change in the morning, when she's too tired to make a fuss. For non-poop diapers, she gets to stand holding on to a radiator and step out of the old diaper and into a new pull-up.

I haven't actually had a poopy diaper for a few weeks because she loves to go on the potty, but when it does happen I take off her clothes, stand her in the shower and remove the diaper there. She loves to be hosed down if she gets to play a bit with her bath toys afterwards.

Yeah he’s gonna be in a sleep and play from now on. It sucks because it’s getting hotter here and we like to put him in normal pajamas, but I’ll just drop the AC a degree or two instead of cleaning up poop.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

nwin posted:

Yeah he’s gonna be in a sleep and play from now on. It sucks because it’s getting hotter here and we like to put him in normal pajamas since all the ones we have have footies on them and are long sleeves, but I’ll just drop the AC a degree or two instead of cleaning up poop.

I might have to seek out the short sleeve ones you mentioned.
Edit: double post no sleep

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Just got our covid-19 stimulus check in the mail. It was based off our 2018 taxes. Baby was born the first month of 2019. No stimulus payment for baby. Never have I kicked myself harder for dawdling on deadlines.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

wizzardstaff posted:

Just got our covid-19 stimulus check in the mail. It was based off our 2018 taxes. Baby was born the first month of 2019. No stimulus payment for baby. Never have I kicked myself harder for dawdling on deadlines.

Surely you can still get it right? We had a kid in June of 2019 so we rushed to get our taxes in. They were accepted like a week before the checks went out (direct deposit for us) and we got the full amount.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

BonoMan posted:

Surely you can still get it right? We had a kid in June of 2019 so we rushed to get our taxes in. They were accepted like a week before the checks went out (direct deposit for us) and we got the full amount.

Probably. I need to look into it. First step is actually filing those 2019 taxes. I don't know why I expected the IRS to magically know we had a kid without filing them and it's 100% on me for not getting that done. Normally I finish taxes in January, February at the latest...but this year I was really overwhelmed by having a toddler and the lockdown didn't help.

1up
Jan 4, 2005

5-up

nwin posted:

Yeah he’s gonna be in a sleep and play from now on. It sucks because it’s getting hotter here and we like to put him in normal pajamas, but I’ll just drop the AC a degree or two instead of cleaning up poop.

My youngest niece was a poocasso. The Childrens Place and Carters sell romper style/cropped one piece pajamas to keep them out of their diaper and comfortable for summer. Eventually she had to start putting her in backward pajamas and pin the zipper. I hope your son isn't remotely as determined to smear poo poo on walls.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
a moment in the life of phiz kalifa, glamour queen-

wife: can you hand me the boppy?
wife: no that's the snoofy bee
wife: no that's the baby bjorn
wife: no that's the baby k'tan
me: you're just naming vulcan weapon, you can't trick me

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The closer my kid gets to 19 months, the more I relate to the thread title.

Poor kid is cutting 4 molars at once though, and he only just turned 16 months so I'm trying my best to be patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Our daughter is cutting her first of the last set of molars. Which explains why she's been a psychopathic rear end in a top hat for the last while. One day I dream of getting a full night of uninterrupted sleep. Though she did sleep through the night a few days ago and my wife and I were wondering if she was still alive.