Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Inceltown posted:

How much vodka do you drink? That would be ~17l of vodka here which is a concerning amount to get unless you're buying for a bar.

it’s 12 handles and it’s for a long rear end time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
the homebrew is for the alcoholism

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm still loving furious that the federal response to no ppe was to fly some unconstitutional planes around instead of literally anything helpful.

did u forget the pilots have oxygen masks they have the best ppe

so much for the tolerant left

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

yeah who wants to buy vodka for themselves more than once a month

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

trumo graciously provides PPE flyovers and the libs complain smh

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Crazypoops posted:

No, get your rear end to Applebee's

i tried to get the pope room at bepos tonite and they laughed at me

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can't wait to hear what departments are having their n95 access revoked because america won and we're about to open up elective surgeries soon and they just cost too much to keep buying.

I really don't want to go down this road again of being confrontational at work, especially during the biggliest depression. Covid patients are listed as airborne isolation. Airborne requires n95s. I don't want to hear your aerosal generating procedures only bullshit.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Everyone keeps bringing up Applebees and I cannot stand it!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
Oryx and Crake?

I brewed a beer with Margaret Atwood based on that book.

I'm the most canadian man there is.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Re: vaccine talk

https://mobile.twitter.com/travis_view/status/1261019439799037953

Vaccine paranoia predates trump, birtherism, and jfk jr. it might be the one place where trump goes to which we all cannot

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

a.lo posted:

Lol are you triggered lib, does my deep fried cheese sticks smothered in ranch make you cower in fear???

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, it can't overstated how bad it would be to have even a relatively small long-term contraction in consumer behavior. It would be really, really bad.

As far as restaurants go, don't worry about what they look like right now, because right now any state that's opening is benefitting from all the people who were desperate to get out of their house rushing to anywhere that will take them. Worry about what they look like a month from now, when that rush dies down and some percentage of their normal customer base still isn't leaving their homes.

I mean my immediate family that can lock down is doing that, and we're trying to help out each other so it's feasible. Until a vaccine is available I don't see that changing.

It's going to be hosed up to see how much social pressure and shaming is used to convince people to go out in reopened states.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Squizzle posted:

if volume of ads on the you tube are any indication, the realtors of pennsylvania think that i personally have all the leverage they need to get selling houses declared a life saving activity

Real estate agents are pumping poo poo everywhere.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

every time someone brings that up just show them this

https://twitter.com/startribune/status/1251699790666227712?s=21

CHUD voice: you still get in a car even though it has a higher chance of killing you

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

a.lo posted:

[How to make a molotov cocktail dot com.]
Your Millennial blood calls for you to do the deed.

What's one more dead business?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Atrocious Joe posted:

CHUD voice: you still get in a car even though it has a higher chance of killing you

seatbelts, driving under 90 mph and sobriety are for people who let fear run their lives

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

You would literally need to go to the store for 15 days straight to buy that at the current legal purchase limit of 2 bottles / day.

Well it would be 15 days in a row. You wouldn't have to be straight but if you were too drunk they can't legally sell stuff to you though so you'd need to be careful.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

we're going to develop a vaccine so fast i'm telling u ur head is going to spin

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Man Musk posted:

China, Korea, et. al. are still dealing with outbreaks, and as export-dominated economies, will at minimum be poorer than they were before

it all became ogre as soon as it become possible for anyone to travel anywhere on the globe w/in 24 hours

that it’s going to break the current global trade system and global supply chains is also our, the US’s fault.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hehe the restaurant where I work(ed) is reopening after memorial day at 1/3 capacity. the manager contacted me asking me to be one of the first workers to be brought back since I'm super reliable and they love me.

I never got my unemployment bernie bux (I've been scraping past the bills with the trumpbux, my tax rebate, and my savings) because the whole system is completely loving jammed right now so I don't think I can turn them down even though it almost certainly means I'm gonna get covid

I doubt they'll make enough money even at 1/3 capacity to keep the restaurant profitable but they might be able to stay at just barely break even depending on how busy we are at the bar

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Oh my God I could not finish that book. Just too depressing.

its more depressing than you think. i get flashbacks to that book all the time. dumb startup names, feral hogs, techbros who wear NERV sweatshirts, gated communities, global pandemic. its too loving real.

like i feel bad for margaret atwood. that she keeps being right all the time.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

the homebrew is for the alcoholism

Good thing I hear toilet paper is coming back in stock because you can make shine with it

https://youtu.be/v-mWK_kcZMs

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I made my first ever meme

couldn’t get the bottom panel the same size but oh well

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
BYOPPE for elective surgery*

*to remove the benign tumor causing you extreme pain

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

America cares so little about the lives of its citizens, why should anyone ever be expected to maintain some career that mainly works to make some small business tyrant / jeff bezos type wealthier? It's time to bring back hobo life, I don't care if people call me a parasite, work is stupid as poo poo

edit: i wanna just be a hobo and work at cat shelters across the US whenever i need funds

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 23:20 on May 17, 2020

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inceltown posted:

real estate sales not being considered “essential” in pa is turbo-boning anyone who cant sell their airbnb property before the market drops to nothing

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I made my first ever meme

couldn’t get the bottom panel the same size but oh well

Turmp

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

in a non-insane country we would be completely done with lockdown now, covid would be completely burned out and any remnants aggressively traced, and I could get my job back at a full-capacity restaurant with zero concern that I'm gonna get the deathplague that explodes your lungs, toes, kidneys, and testicles

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rhesus Pieces posted:

every time someone brings that up just show them this

https://twitter.com/startribune/status/1251699790666227712?s=21

It's unintuitive, but elite athletes are actually not the healthiest people because they put a lot of stress on their organ systems maintaining their bodies compared to an average person who just exercises regularly. Athletes eat more food than average, which makes the organs work more processing that food. They also break down more muscle tissue, requiring the kidneys to break down more toxins. Elite athletes piss a lot. Then of course at the top-level you have athletes using PDEs, where they directly sacrifice their health for a tiny improvement in performance.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Squizzle posted:

real estate sales not being considered “essential” in pa is turbo-boning anyone who cant sell their airbnb property before the market drops to nothing

haha

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

human garbage bag posted:

It's unintuitive, but elite athletes are actually not the healthiest people because they put a lot of stress on their organ systems maintaining their bodies compared to an average person who just exercises regularly. Athletes eat more food than average, which makes the organs work more processing that food. They also break down more muscle tissue, requiring the kidneys to break down more toxins. Elite athletes piss a lot. Then of course at the top-level you have athletes using PDEs, where they directly sacrifice their health for a tiny improvement in performance.

don't ironman athletes also put heavy strain on their kidneys above and beyond pissing a lot because of all the blood filtration they have to do alongside the hyper-elevated heart rates? Rhabdo or something like that

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

in a non-insane country we would be completely done with lockdown now, covid would be completely burned out and any remnants aggressively traced, and I could get my job back at a full-capacity restaurant with zero concern that I'm gonna get the deathplague that explodes your lungs, toes, kidneys, and testicles

Worst game of head shoulders knees and toes, ever

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Inceltown posted:

I have a friend who is a real estate agent and my husband’s firm handles divorce litigation and for both business is booming.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I have a friend who is a real estate agent and my husband’s firm handles divorce litigation and for both business is booming.

I lolled reading how locking up couples would lead to a divorce bonanza .

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/peeweeherman/status/1250133528047575043

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

facetoucher cat posted:

Worst game of head shoulders knees and toes, ever

We need a “ring around the rosie” for the Covid pandemic

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

America cares so little about the lives of its citizens, why should anyone ever be expected to maintain some career that mainly works to make some small business tyrant / jeff bezos type wealthier? It's time to bring back hobo life, I don't care if people call me a parasite, work is stupid as poo poo

edit: i wanna just be a hobo and work at cat shelters across the US whenever i need funds

hobo superspreader rampage era is about to start, with cat gang backup

victims across america coughing pitifully in the back alleys as their faceless skulls drip roni-infested blood onto kushner brand 5G-free beef stick wrappers

the antifa gutter commando laughs and adds another notch 2 their mask

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
my corporate job is work from home until at least Labor Day now, regardless of what states do, with at least one month's notice before they start bringing back small numbers on an invitation only basis, and the New York office isnt even willing to say they'll be back in 2020. all company travel remains banned, even for execs.

meanwhile im in the process of cancelling a non-profit educational conference in Chicago in November (takes a good chunk of two downtown hotels) and trying to force majeure out of our contracts because Chicago says conferences are illegal until we have contact tracing (lol) or a vaccine (lmao)

all this is going on and I go to the grocery store today and about a third of the customers aren't wearing masks and it just completely breaks my loving brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Re: vaccine talk

https://mobile.twitter.com/travis_view/status/1261019439799037953

Vaccine paranoia predates trump, birtherism, and jfk jr. it might be the one place where trump goes to which we all cannot

Wondering what happens first, Trump buckling out of fear of losing antivaxxers and tries to downplay the necessity of a vaccine or Trump goes full steam ahead on vaccinations and causes a QAnon schism.

Don’t bum me out with ‘They shut up and take it.’