Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I understand that current super markets are capitalistly designed to pray on human impulses. Example: milk and eggs are kept toward the back to force the shopper pasted all other foods; And Candies are kept in front next to cashier to make quick small purchase after the shopper is mentally tired from making other choices.

So, always wanted to ask, what would be the anti-capitalist supermarket. With covid-19 what is the supermarket that would transmit the least amount of viruses.

Only answer I have so far is: Milk and eggs in front.

you just get enough food delivered to your house for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

the goal was less than 500 new cases per day and welp

plus regional variation is still big, most of the cases are still here in lombardia

e: cool now i have an avatar, ty squizzle

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Are there any people left in Italy

depends on if you consider people whose cells have all been replaced by virus cells still human

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Russia has skyrocketed up the rankings and is now solidly in 2nd place for total covid cases

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Inceltown posted:

Portuguese port is some next level fortified wine game.

I spent a week in Porto and got hammered at all the breweries(wineries? porteries?) off port samples

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

you were warned

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Brasil is most likely going to be 3rd place next week, beating out the UK and Spain

India is picking up over 5,000 official covid cases daily now and it's starting to spread badly in Mexico as well

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

SKULL.GIF posted:

Brasil is most likely going to be 3rd place next week, beating out the UK and Spain

India is picking up over 5,000 official covid cases daily now and it's starting to spread badly in Mexico as well

russia coming in hot tho

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

mystes posted:

Switching entirely to curbside pickup/delivery. Having to order in advance pretty much kills impulse shopping in addition to limiting exposure.

poo poo, yes. Totally forgot. Still thinking in terms of people going to a grocery store.
Now, I guess, how does one organize a warehouse, to be efficient and bring down contact.

I would think Anit- Amazon. Where it's one worker who fills out a single order by themselves. That person is forced to walk all around the huge place.
I would think you assign one worker to one row.

Shear Modulus posted:

you just get enough food delivered to your house for free
Yeah brain fart. Forgot.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

russia coming in hot tho

Russia is *already* second place and not likely to give it up to anyone except if India starts aggressively testing and adding to their official counts

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Absolutely amazing that we hit 1.5 million cases in USA over the weekend and the response was to shrug and open the economy back up

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

No, just italians.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I wonder if the Brazil case explosion could gently caress with the soybean market. That could get fun

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

we're going to need a bigger bus

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

poo poo, yes. Totally forgot. Still thinking in terms of people going to a grocery store.
Now, I guess, how does one organize a warehouse, to be efficient and bring down contact.

I would think Anit- Amazon. Where it's one worker who fills out a single order by themselves. That person is forced to walk all around the huge place.
I would think you assign one worker to one row.

Yeah brain fart. Forgot.

Robot pickers and one tech.

Or just be like beer stores in Ontario Canada: you order and it comes on rollers. Just move the cashier behind the wall.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Or just be like beer stores in Ontario Canada: you order and it comes on rollers. Just move the cashier behind the wall.

telling the shopkeeper what you need and having them gather it for you used to be p common

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Looks like my cop neighbor is having a rona party. About half a dozen kids all playing together and accompanying adults hanging out.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

solidarityforever
May 11, 2020

I will never jeopardize the beans

there are no longer any people there, italy is now populated by pasta and racism.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Absolutely amazing that we hit 1.5 million cases in USA over the weekend and the response was to shrug and open the economy back up

yeah but now we can go out and yell at people poor people for loving up the chicken tenders

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Shear Modulus posted:

i like stunt pilots who dont crash

Okay but did it work, how's morale?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

lol

https://twitter.com/youyanggu/status/1261093430131699712

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 00:43 on May 18, 2020

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Another choir-based church outbreak

https://twitter.com/TheMendoVoice/status/1262110924921376768

Surveillance of church, gym, nightclub, and indoor manufacturing activity is probably sufficient to guess where new spread happens.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Mayor Dave posted:

russia coming in hot tho

someone needs to re-do that bus gif, but with an infinite number of country buses all speeding past each other

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Looks like my cop neighbor is having a rona party. About half a dozen kids all playing together and accompanying adults hanging out.

This was our neighbor last weekend (also a pig) luckily across the street and not beside us, good times also our community pool will be opening up on time for memorial day

TRIMP

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

That's really cool.

SKULL.GIF posted:

A long time ago a something awful poster talked about the fall of Rome, and how it effected a [place I can't remember], and mentioned how Los Angeles was further away from New York, and nobody really asked Los Angeles how much they were effected about 9/11.

I live in Los Angeles county, so I feel like I get this hyper exaggerated sense of the greater united states.

I think that the amount of space the united states has just allows people to be more accepting of tragedy in this country. Combine that with just the right amount of population to turn people into a mass of faceless nobodies, but without the density that allows people to become familiar with people in their areas.

For examples:
There were shootings two block from where I live. I would have never know those shooting occurred unless I looked them up on a shooting database.

I used to think I was horrible at remembering faces in community college, but when I went to a 4 year college for the first time, I realized that that people were just being constantly shuffling around and I was seeing a lot of new people constantly.

I worked in a mall for five months, maybe there were 3 regulars tops? Most of the business came from people who were outside of the 5 miles radius. I do the same. I hate my local mall. On weekends I would go to other malls, and the automobile allowed me to do that.

In terms of covid death: My father had a light acquaintance who died from it, and my aunt had a friend they haven't seen in a while and son die from the virus. If I were even a light CHUD, that is not enough for me to not be a selfish piece of poo poo.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

love the new av. I lost an embarrassing amount of hours and maybe even a little bit of money to that game

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao hundreds of thousands dead due to haircuts

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Can't wait for everything to open up, everyone suddenly realizes even more people are getting hosed up, we close down again, chuds lose their minds, we open back up, everyone again realizes more people are getting hosed up, etc etc

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
at least with everything opening back up stockpiling in preparation for wave 2 is easier

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Raskolnikov38 posted:

at least with everything opening back up stockpiling in preparation for wave 2 is easier

Hell, rice and beans are easy to come by again

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Good soup! posted:

Can't wait for everything to open up, everyone suddenly realizes even more people are getting hosed up, we close down again, chuds lose their minds, we open back up, everyone again realizes more people are getting hosed up, etc etc

Except this time we don’t close down, anyone with a shred of self-preservation stays home except for income generation. Deflationary spiral in 6 months?

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
how can there be a wave 2 if wave 1 never ended :thunk:

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Good soup! posted:

We’re absolutely not going to close things again. Regardless of the death count.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Mackers posted:

how can there be a wave 2 if wave 1 never ended :thunk:

visualize it like the stock market, we're in the bull trap right now

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

https://twitter.com/DocJeffD/status/1262130866643329024

Gyms are real loving bad:

Compare that attack rate to the household attack rate of around 11.2%: https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S1473-3099%2820%2930287-5

Yeah the hard breathing does it. Same for meatpacking plants.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

the only way americans see any more assistance at all is if every company is allowed to do that

listen I’m just a dumb ol dumb dumb but letting companies off the hook for endangering people and their families seems like a goodish way to really disfigure this allegedly precious economy thing. you know with the whole permanently installing fear into the job market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

ShutteredIn posted:

We’re absolutely not going to close things again. Regardless of the death count.

wait till coronavirus starts loving up gop internal polling because their voters are dead