Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

kdrudy posted:

You're crazy if you legitimately think this.

Smh
This isn't the thread to discuss Trump's reelection to this hellhole country I live in

And sjs00
That $1200 is real, go ahead and spend it. Yes it's a bribe but use the drat money, and use it wisely- no gambling!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Earwicker posted:

i dunno its kind of like how western new york isnt geographically or historically a southern place and yet theres an awful lot of confederate flags for some reason

there's a bunch of reasons why American racing is conservative, but the biggest thing to point out to someone not American is that racers at the top level don't get there in the same way as they do, say, Formula 1

Formula 1 sees a bunch of politics play into advancing to the top level, American racers tend to get at least part of the way through individual performance and personal finance

this tends to favor suburban and rural people who either own or are born into a family with mechanical aptitude and personal wealth, and those people tend to be conservative

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

kdrudy posted:

Sure pal. Well, enjoy your table. The Last 3.5 Years Dance Ensemble is getting warmed up, and I hear their Kicks Directly to your loving Face and Balls Non-Stop act is really something else. Enjoy.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

kdrudy posted:

Hello, goon from bizarro world.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Spinz posted:

Smh
This isn't the thread to discuss Trump's reelection to this hellhole country I live in

And sjs00
That $1200 is real, go ahead and spend it. Yes it's a bribe but use the drat money, and use it wisely- no gambling!!

Thanks.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

When are the drat riots already I want some free poo poo.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Riots are coming soon tm

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Philthy posted:

Wearing a mask has become a "liberal" thing, where not wearing one is a "conservative" thing.

We all saw this coming because it happens with everything else except breathing.

How dare you take breaths that aren’t yours you privileged person.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Sjs00 posted:

Riots are coming soon tm

gently caress riots I'm waiting for breathless neoliberal ranting on how America must intervene in a brown person civil war brought about by food insecurity

that poo poo is gonna own

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

VikingSkull posted:

gently caress riots I'm waiting for breathless neoliberal ranting on how America must intervene in a brown person civil war brought about by food insecurity

I'm sure that you can find that kind of thing already though? Do you mean localized or what

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

VikingSkull posted:

:chloe:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

haha yeah it sure is funny when people starve and other people post about that

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Inept posted:

haha yeah it sure is funny when people starve and other people post about that

I'm not gonna laugh at people starving, I'm gonna laugh at the people who desperately want to use people starving as an excuse to drop bombs

one of the guys running for President already did this in Syria

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

there it is

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I’d rather self aware AI bomb the UN Security Council.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Isn't most of south and middle america in yellow because USA interest grow luxury crop like tobacco or exclusively fruits like banana and pineapple?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Google news is doing me a beaut

Story 1, 6 hours ago, Newsweek, "States that reopened havent seen any spike in coronavirus cases"

Story 2, 4 hours ago, Newsweek, "Texas reports highest single day rise in coronavirus cases as state continues to push ahead with reopening"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Earwicker posted:

i dunno its kind of like how western new york isnt geographically or historically a southern place and yet theres an awful lot of confederate flags for some reason

But enough about VikingSkull’s apartment

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Barudak posted:

Google news is doing me a beaut

Story 1, 6 hours ago, Newsweek, "States that reopened havent seen any spike in coronavirus cases"

Story 2, 4 hours ago, Newsweek, "Texas reports highest single day rise in coronavirus cases as state continues to push ahead with reopening"

"Shot, Chaser" (as the kids say these days).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

I'm not gonna laugh at people starving, I'm gonna laugh at the people who desperately want to use people starving as an excuse to drop bombs

Classic VikingSkull never fails to deliver.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Everything is on a delay, which is just another reason why this virus is crushing it. If you got sick 1-2 days within infection I doubt you'd get this same everything is fineeee reaction. That 14-day average is a bitch, we're just now going to start seeing the results of mother's day

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Just south of Myrtle Beach there are a few well-established biker bars. A friend of ours back in Myrtle sent us this photo of one of them:

Inept posted:

there it is

It really is fascinating how trump cultists will see his constant childish demented racist dangerous hateful behavior and just be like “but BIDEN though!”

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
is there like a biker gang event today? I saw a gigantic crowd of motorcycles all going to the beach here in florida too. Ugh the traffic is even worse than it used to be usually and it's driving me insane

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Desperate Character posted:

is there like a biker gang event today? I saw a gigantic crowd of motorcycles all going to the beach here in florida too. Ugh the traffic is even worse than it used to be usually and it's driving me insane

Memorial Days coming up, it's their version of Christmas -- remembering are troops, pretending to be veterans, etc

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

zer0spunk posted:

Everything is on a delay, which is just another reason why this virus is crushing it. If you got sick 1-2 days within infection I doubt you'd get this same everything is fineeee reaction. That 14-day average is a bitch, we're just now going to start seeing the results of mother's day

Saudi Arabia shuts down Mecca, and these idiots can't wait to drop a tenner in the collection plate. Gonna be a lot of old moms who picked up an extra special gift on Mother's Day.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Things are going pretty well here in Australia, we've only had 6 COVID-19 related deaths for the entire country in all of May and we've had less than 100 in total since the start of the pandemic. The daily toll never got higher than 8 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/australia/

We're still getting minor outbreaks here and there (they just temporarily closed down 12 McDonalds restaurants in my state after an asymptomatic driver who'd made deliveries to all those sites tested positive) and we've already rolled back a lot of the lockdown precautions. It was a nice sunny day yesterday here in Victoria and I could hear a lot of socializing and partying going on around my neighbourhood and my housemates even had friends come over and visit. It feels like things are starting to get back to normal.

Sjs00 posted:

Oh well then I agree, rent and mortgage forgiveness as well as universal healthcare and such would of course be better than flooding hospitals. But that's the opposite of FYGM, and thus not ever going to happen. It'd be nice though.

We got a version of it here in Australia with governmental rent & mortgage relief programs and even the banks were offering mortgage & loans freezes/deferments. The government also immediately rolled out a $750 stimulus payment to people on unemployment and pushed through legislation on wage support for small businesses, increasing unemployment payments and streamlining the unemployment payments application process.
(They also screwed up a bunch of other stuff in their pandemic response, they weren't terrible overall but they also weren't as good as New Zealand's government)

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

VikingSkull posted:

It's the only way to restore America's honor after we singlehandedly kept the coronavirus alive to kill tens of thousands of more people than it was going to otherwise

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Guardian posted:

Up to a fifth of patients with Covid-19 in several hospitals contracted the disease over the course of the pandemic while already being treated there for another illness, NHS bosses have told senior doctors and nurses.

Some of the infections were passed on by hospital staff who were unaware they had the virus and were displaying no symptoms, while patients with coronavirus were responsible for the others.

The figures represent NHS England’s first estimate of the size of the problem of hospital-acquired Covid-19, which Boris Johnson last week said was causing an “epidemic” of deaths. In a national briefing last month on infection control and Covid-19, NHS England told the medical directors and chief nurses of all acute hospitals in England that it had found that 10%-20% of people in hospital with the disease had got it while they were inpatients.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/17/hospital-patients-england-coronavirus-covid-19

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Blistex posted:

Saudi Arabia shuts down Mecca, and these idiots can't wait to drop a tenner in the collection plate. Gonna be a lot of old moms who picked up an extra special gift on Mother's Day.

Funny you should mention that... https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/17/butte-county-public-health-investigating-covid-19-exposure-at-church-service/

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LionArcher posted:

So my question is does stay at home come back at some point? Next winter once this thing has killed a million Americans?

Probably not officially. Official lockdown means more stimulus payments and unemployment payments and stuff, meanwhile at least 10% of the population will immediately start protesting if they try it. Besides, if it has killed a million americans that means more than half the population will probably already have had it and recovered, and they won't want to stay home when they aren't even at risk.

Unofficially consumer confidence will be in the dumpster and a big chunk of the service industry and tourism will go out of business. Certainly foreigners won't want to go vacation in the Great American Plaguelands for a couple years.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hazo posted:

Just south of Myrtle Beach there are a few well-established biker bars. A friend of ours back in Myrtle sent us this photo of one of them:

It really is fascinating how trump cultists will see his constant childish demented racist dangerous hateful behavior and just be like “but BIDEN though!”

"remember when OBAMA drone striked a brown peoples??"

its like complaining about a grain of sand on an entire beach at this point

700 cases in one meat packing city on Texas in a single day. Open'r Up!

Philthy fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 18, 2020

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

zer0spunk posted:

the average is not 14 days. that's a 99.9% outlier or something ridiculous. the average is like 5 days

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
COVID is stored in the balls

https://twitter.com/DaveLeeFT/status/1262086635153313792

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So ANOTHER coworker is now out because her mom tested positive so she can't come back to work till she gets test results saying she's negative... she is quite young in her early 20s so she could easily be asymptomatic carrier.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/lilly_wachowski/status/1262104754496339968

Edit: screencap it case any of them get removed:

(Lilly co-created the entire red pill / blue pill thing in The Matrix)

Also:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 18, 2020

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Lmao I'm surprised people haven't actually tried this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXeV5cqb_3Y

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Maskchat: masks are really good.
https://theconversation.com/masks-h...-wearing-138507

quote:

There are numerous studies that suggest if 80% of people wear a mask in public, then COVID-19 transmission could be halted. Until a vaccine or a cure for COVID-19 is discovered, cloth face masks might be the most important tool we currently have to fight the pandemic.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I really want an american mall to try this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-thailand-malls-reopen-1.5573664

quote:

The mall experience, however, may not be as carefree as it was before the virus, with measures instituted to reduce the danger that the malls will become new infection hotspots.

Thermal scanners check temperatures for signs of fever and each shopper must pass through a disinfectant mist at every entrance. Everyone must wear a mask and keep it on throughout their stay. No crowding on the escalators, as people must keep a two-step distance from those in front of them.

More controversially, shoppers must use their smartphones to register electronically when entering and leaving a mall, and when entering and leaving individual stores. If someone later falls ill, this stored data will be used to trace and contact anyone who may have been in contact with them at the mall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dixville posted:

Lmao I'm surprised people haven't actually tried this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXeV5cqb_3Y

A whole lot of people have because it's cheaper.