Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I’ve lifted weights seriously for 20 years and I’m loving done with the gym forever, or until there’s some sort of foolproof cure/treatment/vaccine

working out at home has forced me to get into lifts I can do with dumbbells and home furniture, and surprise, it’s a lot. I miss a power rack real bad, but I’ll live. I’ll lose strength, but whatever

it makes me focus on overall fitness with more running and biking, which is a good thing for my age anyway

so, thanks corona virus, now I will save money on gym fees and be able to run further

probably better for coming mad max world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

this was dope thanks nitecrew

also owns

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
good morning!

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1262390762785976322?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

I legit wonder how many people sneeze into their mask, it's a mess and not fun to do

if you have to sneeze during surgery you're supposed to stare straight ahead and just blast the mask.

if you turn your head or anything air droplets could escape out the side

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

‘more than’ that’s for sure

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

if you have to sneeze during surgery you're supposed to stare straight ahead and just blast the mask.

i would remove the mask and sneeze directly into the chest cavity

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

fits my needs posted:

lol at white people in the southern states thinking its a black people/poor people disease

they know they can get it, they are just willing to sacrifice friends and family as long as more minorities die

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

:yooge: HOLD IT IN

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Dolphin posted:

i would remove the mask and sneeze directly into the chest cavity

makes the patient stronger

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Corona: more than 100,000 served

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Zil posted:

Are you thinking Netflix of Prime? I mean if either still exist after all this that is.

it'll be whichever chinese tech conglomerate swallows them up

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we're currently at roughly Hiroshima numbers but since covid deaths aren't in a single city but are spread out over the country it doesnt register

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I just got a message from my CrossFit box saying that they are reopening with outdoor classes and want to know if I want to keep going with my personal training sessions. How safe is this? It's in the Netherlands so it's not a clusterfuck like the US but their cavalier attitude towards this is quite disturbing to me.

I wouldn't even consider this if it wasn't for the fact that this isolation has gotten me eating pizza nearly 4 times a week and my weight to increase. I also have high cholesterol and I do not want to know how my levels are. I also cannot motivate myself to clean my house, let alone exercise at home. So I can either die of a virus or die of a heart attack. Yay.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

AceOfFlames posted:

I just got a message from my CrossFit box saying that they are reopening with outdoor classes and want to know if I want to keep going with my personal training sessions. How safe is this? It's in the Netherlands so it's not a clusterfuck like the US but their cavalier attitude towards this is quite disturbing to me.

I wouldn't even consider this if it wasn't for the fact that this isolation has gotten me eating pizza nearly 4 times a week and my weight to increase. I also have high cholesterol and I do not want to know how my levels are. I also cannot motivate myself to clean my house, let alone exercise at home. So I can either die of a virus or die of a heart attack. Yay.
sounds like you’re dead

at least you have real healthcare I guess???

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would definitely extremely stay away from CrossFit boxes

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

sounds like you’re dead

at least you have real healthcare I guess???

Hah! Dutch healthcare is the worst. You have to go through a GP for loving everything and unless you're dying, they will tell you to go home and take paracetamol. They don't believe in preventative medicine at all. It's insane.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I’ve lifted weights seriously for 20 years and I’m loving done with the gym forever, or until there’s some sort of foolproof cure/treatment/vaccine

working out at home has forced me to get into lifts I can do with dumbbells and home furniture, and surprise, it’s a lot. I miss a power rack real bad, but I’ll live. I’ll lose strength, but whatever

it makes me focus on overall fitness with more running and biking, which is a good thing for my age anyway

so, thanks corona virus, now I will save money on gym fees and be able to run further

probably better for coming mad max world

this device is incredible fyi

http://www.shermworks.com/

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

AceOfFlames posted:

I also cannot motivate myself to clean my house, let alone exercise at home.
You already know the answer.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

AceOfFlames posted:

they are desperate for ur money to stay in business and that matters more to them than u being alive

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

You already know the answer.

I'm already in therapy, if that's what you mean.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AceOfFlames posted:

You're going to be heavily exerting yourself with shared equipment , and that's mitigated by being outside

So make up the numbers on the expected risks of each. *80083 for exertion, *420 for shared equipment, divide by 69 for outside

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

oxsnard posted:

this device is incredible fyi

http://www.shermworks.com/

what the gently caress is this website from 1994

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

u can run around empty parking lots alone while holding ur home furniture all u want for free

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

i thought you were moving back to portugal

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1262190840354672647?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

I would stay away from any group fitness classes for the forseable future.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thesaurus posted:

What conclusion are we supposed to draw from that image

dinesh hates albinos

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

fits my needs posted:

i thought you were moving back to portugal

That's only if things go horribly bad. I don't want to be stuck with my rapidly going senile Boomer parents.

See, this is what is causing me to panic. This was going to be the year for me. I was in therapy. I was going to the gym. I was finally going to get my life on track. Maybe finally get a relationship. And now this happens. Now what do I do? What future do I have? People are going to isolate in their own existing groups more than ever. No one is going to date meaning I will potentially only get a relationship at 35 at the earliest. The economy will collapse. My life will literally be sitting at home watching the hours go by. What's the point then? Is the act of sitting there, breathing, existing, really supposed to be so rapturous that you need to extend it forever even though you literally have NOTHING else?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
:ok:
https://twitter.com/ShiraOvide/status/1262394120569524228?s=19

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

i think i had 1 jehovahs witness stop by my house in the last 7yrs, so far this month i have 2 voicemails personally recorded for me and a handwritten letter with a tract in the mail. reactionary doomsday cults goin hard on all fronts

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

wondering how geology is going to work in the age of COVID-19 and if working in the Great Outdoors means there'll be enough space for at least social distancing

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmbo not making the circulating change your mask

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

AceOfFlames posted:

Is the act of sitting their, breathing, existing, really supposed to be so rapturous that you need to extend it forever even though you literally have NOTHING else?

After spending years practicing meditation, I can confirm that the act of sitting breathing and existing is the most wonderful thing there is

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

AceOfFlames posted:

That's only if things go horribly bad. I don't want to be stuck with my rapidly going senile Boomer parents.

See, this is what is causing me to panic. This was going to be the year for me. I was in therapy. I was going to the gym. I was finally going to get my life on track. Maybe finally get a relationship. And now this happens. Now what do I do? What future do I have? People are going to isolate in their own existing groups more than ever. No one is going to date meaning I will potentially only get a relationship at 35 at the earliest. The economy will collapse. My life will literally be sitting at home watching the hours go by. What's the point then? Is the act of sitting their, breathing, existing, really supposed to be so rapturous that you need to extend it forever even though you literally have NOTHING else?

You can find a new skill to learn online, like drawing or painting or dancing to videos or computer-touching stuff, basically anything where learning via Internet helps

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

cum deaths go up

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CalHealthline/status/1262379415679520771?s=20

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

ChristsDickWorship posted:

i think i had 1 jehovahs witness stop by my house in the last 7yrs, so far this month i have 2 voicemails personally recorded for me and a handwritten letter with a tract in the mail. reactionary doomsday cults goin hard on all fronts

i watched the squid in NYC episode of Watchmen last night, and yeah it's kinda like the cold open

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ChristsDickWorship posted:

a house on my block is owned by the mormons and they rotate 'elders' on mission through there. Every six months I have to tell a new batch of 20-somethings who are way too intense that I'm not into being saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

galenanorth posted:

You can find a new skill to learn online, like drawing or painting or dancing to videos or computer-touching stuff, basically anything where learning via Internet helps

And then what? Just draw until society collapses or I starve? What is the meaning of life if you don't have a job, friends, family, community or material wealth?