Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_EqJ8xy3BM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so we took ct side 9-6. enemy team calls us awful. t side, we play some of the worst cs ive seen in my life, like 4 rounds just playing for saves, more than a couple just one or more players uselessly scouting middle. we lose 6 in a row at one point, and the other team says "come on lose already. youre loving awful. kill yourselves" game turns 14-11, their advantage. I meekly suggest flash middle and rush? maybe kill the awper? it works
next round: ok you guys rush b cause u got good spawns, ill flash long and make noise there.
suddenly we all start landing *every* shot. every clash i failed before i now found myself winning, and so did my teammates. we cover each other smart and flash each other for repositioning. eventually, the decisive 14-15. I kill a dude, and lit another. I die. as soon as the round becomes a 1v3 to our favor i start copy pasting their insults over and over as they protest about how im terrible and i am a monkey (not subtle euphemism for insulting black people). we win. this game is the loving poo poo

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOCQWoDDS80

not heard: "im gonna hide here, good luck"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SealHammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOCQWoDDS80

not heard: "im gonna hide here, good luck"

every time i try this i get insta owned lol

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010

ArfJason posted:

every time i try this i get insta owned lol

im convinced it is not a strat that functions in europe. something about the hemispheres probably.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

might be the banana pick in both clips that lulls the Ts into false sense of security

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
beach baiting the gently caress out of me is why it works in the first clip!

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
The only time I've had that work was in a recent Finnish company league, and that was only because we were at a trash tier division and it was a counter-strat against the opponent's "everyone rush alt mid, divert 2 to underpass to go late B after the others have pulled CT rotates to A" Inferno pistol round staple.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

i think this is my first red

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Been hella enjoying getting back into cs the last couple of weeks, in large part due to esportal being an amazing third party service.

Also had two nearly identical 2v4 4k clutches on mirage, in back to back games against high elo players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9mL15RyIow

I'm struggling with the new sg, but honestly it's kind of funny to have it be a gun that tilts people again

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

I hadn't heard of esportal and went to check it out, only to immediately close the site in horror after being confronted by its automatic but partial localization. If it really is amazing, I might have to brave it again so I can figure out whether I can find a setting that turns it all into English.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Sniper Party posted:

I hadn't heard of esportal and went to check it out, only to immediately close the site in horror after being confronted by its automatic but partial localization. If it really is amazing, I might have to brave it again so I can figure out whether I can find a setting that turns it all into English.

It might not be so great if you're not from a Nordic country! Aside from having 10 second queues and a decent interface, the appeal for me is 90% of the players and especially servers being swedish, giving me like 30 less ping than i usually get on faceit

Also voice enabled during halftime and post game- which people mostly use to wish you a good half or a good game rather than pipe in russian house music

The players are just generally speaking nice

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 20, 2020

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

I'm from Finland so all that sounds dope and the language thing isn't a huge deal, this stuff just looks wrong in Finnish. Would be easier to understand the page if it were in English instead of almost-Finnish with some English terms mixed in.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Sniper Party posted:

I'm from Finland so all that sounds dope and the language thing isn't a huge deal, this stuff just looks wrong in Finnish. Would be easier to understand the page if it were in English instead of almost-Finnish with some English terms mixed in.

Join me in the goon 10 mans they will never decipher our code

130 ping isnt that bad.... :smith:

edit: The sandbags works because at a certain level people come to banana only as a mandatory hurdle towards rushing b instead of seeing it as pretty much mandatory real estate you want to battle for and stay in control of. Otherwise its usually played as part of a bait setup especially if you stack 3 b and still maintain control of that spot, but even then its gonna be read real easily nowadays.

Kehveli fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 20, 2020

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

I'm awful regardless of ping so that'll just be an excellent excuse, but after years of determination I finally have something resembling an actual sleeping schedule and would hate to ruin it with what I assume to be some wild game times.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Not gonna lie it's not great, but you can usually get games weekend mornings and between 21-24 on weekend evenings. You haven't lived until someone talks poo poo to you for not clutching at 8 am from across the ocean, with your morning coffee only half finished.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Kehveli posted:

edit: The sandbags works because at a certain level people come to banana only as a mandatory hurdle towards rushing b instead of seeing it as pretty much mandatory real estate you want to battle for and stay in control of.

Cc: Ghostie

Always telling me no don't go banana

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
dont go banana

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoBPg6NGc4

back on my bullshit. i skipped 2019 cause these 1080p recordings are so much more heavy that i already filled by hard drive

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Sniper Party posted:

I'm awful regardless of ping so that'll just be an excellent excuse, but after years of determination I finally have something resembling an actual sleeping schedule and would hate to ruin it with what I assume to be some wild game times.

Yo just jump in. Last time I played there were like 5 players at 120+ ping. I also suck regardless of ping and it's good vibes anyway.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Is sub.io better vibes? There was some toxic poo poo going on ~2 years ago last time I regularly participated. Now that Mr. Pink is permanently shadow-zoned I imagine it's better.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

Is sub.io better vibes? There was some toxic poo poo going on ~2 years ago last time I regularly participated. Now that Mr. Pink is permanently shadow-zoned I imagine it's better.

lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

Depends on who is there but it’s better than mm to be sure! I can assure you most people play there just to avoid toxicity.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Famethrowa posted:

im gay and nobody has made fun of me for it yet

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Arf I'm glad you like making frag videos but they are usually boring as hell. Who the gently caress is gonna watch eight and a half minutes of you getting 1 or 2 incredibly average kills per clip?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Up Circle posted:

beach baiting the gently caress out of me is why it works in the first clip!

Bro I was too busy telling myself "Absolutely do not gently caress it up this time Beach" so your appearance was entirely unnoticed by me.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sleppy posted:

Arf I'm glad you like making frag videos but they are usually boring as hell. Who the gently caress is gonna watch eight and a half minutes of you getting 1 or 2 incredibly average kills per clip?

Idk but ill keep making them lol

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

ilmucche posted:

Yo just jump in. Last time I played there were like 5 players at 120+ ping. I also suck regardless of ping and it's good vibes anyway.
The being bad thing wasn't why I was hesitating, it was the bit where I assume you all play at some hosed up times and definitely not the tiny window I have for gaming in my schedule. But it's not like joining the discord hurts so I guess I'm in and hoping it turns out there's sometimes a game happening when I could play.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
There are normally games at like 9pm in european times so it isn't too bad on the weekends

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh also i tried checking out that ESPORTAL thing but when i try to access the site it geolocates to the brazillian version and it says "We're closed in this region! Thanks for everything!!!"

maybe i should start playing faceit.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i just went from my first and second Godlike Longjumps being 275 to my thrid being a 280 holy poo poo im screaming

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-kXICaGjs

:shrug:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lmfao

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
What an amazing game

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Had some good rounds today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fG_NPGL5uk

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just casually browsing HLTV for match timings, and it really hit home to me how the website has progressively degenerated into a complete cesspool. It was always full of idiots, memes and slapfights, but now it really does double-duty as an online repository for hatred. It's kinda shocking how little is said about it.

Maybe 10-20% of all threads on the sidebar are now political, almost exclusively of an extremist variety. There are scores, if not hundreds, of multi-month or even years old accounts still posting stuff like how all homosexuals deserve the death penalty, women are subhuman, pro-white supremacy, pro-fascism and so on.

I can't help but feel that the admins must be borderline complicit in this because they have simply let this happen over years and years through the most ineffectual moderation standards. Is there any other modern parallel, where the key news/content aggregator site for one of the biggest online games is basically a playground for the far-right? Honestly beggars belief.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I stopped reading the HLTV forums back in 2014~ and it was pretty bad then, I can't imagine how much it's devolved since.

It did give birth to a couple of good memes I guess.

That said, the news, stats, archives, schedules, etc are out of this world and the scene is lucky to have a central site like it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
During lock down I got into watching some competitive csgo. Have they completely stopped you being able to watch it using source tv and having the audio to the casters? I remember that was a thing some years ago.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jippa posted:

During lock down I got into watching some competitive csgo. Have they completely stopped you being able to watch it using source tv and having the audio to the casters? I remember that was a thing some years ago.

That's just for the majors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ah that's a shame.