Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

B B posted:

my company just announced a harry potter themed zoom happy hour on friday

i want to die

Just call the pile of beers on your desk, "butter-beer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Are you required and/or paid to attend?

it's an "attendance strongly suggested" situation

Shear Modulus posted:

how is it "themed"? is it assumed that everyone will have a harry potter costume in their closet?

yes, that's the assumption. i am a computer toucher at a millenial-heavy tech company full of succ. lots of harry potter fans.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Shear Modulus posted:

how is it "themed"? is it assumed that everyone will have a harry potter costume in their closet?

they sell robes at the harry potter land here in orlando and potterheads treat it like the loving haj to go and buy butterbeer + a robe w/ wand there

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dex_sda posted:

only have been a blue star for 2 weeks and getting the power lust already. smh.

Epic High Five posted:

Board of Trustees, 2021: "You spent HOW MUCH on billboards bragging about our bathrooms?!"
giant billboards bragging about the bathrooms -- and i want to emphasize that they're open for all and really, really big and very, very clean -- is a way to collapse class distinctions between students and townies, but at the same time this comes with increasingly erratic behavior such as building publicly-funded trail-mix dispensers and suffering from periodic outbursts described in state-owned newspapers as "precocious cha-cha" necessary to keep external enemies off guard in matters of international diplomacy, eventually escalating to balling out on the freeway as foreign-funded rebels close in on the capital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzJjo6fWQ5s

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

B B posted:

it's an "attendance strongly suggested" situation.

"sorry, I have to go to the pharmacy to pick up my dick pills"

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Lady Militant posted:

they sell robes at the harry potter land here in orlando and potterheads treat it like the loving haj to go and buy butterbeer + a robe w/ wand there

we already have multiple harry potter land selfies in the slack thread announcing it lmao

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

"sorry, I have to go to the pharmacy to pick up my dick pills"

My pills are mailed to me in "discrete packaging"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

America deserves it's demise.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Number having a normal one today

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Centrist Committee posted:

Number having a normal one today

Normally it goes up. Is that what it's doing?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Chomp8645 posted:

Normally it goes up. Is that what it's doing?

having an erection that last for more than four hours

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

B B posted:

it's an "attendance strongly suggested" situation

yes, that's the assumption. i am a computer toucher at a millenial-heavy tech company full of succ. lots of harry potter fans.

run into your door really fast to give yourself a concussion

or lie and say you did if you're good at lying

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

number feeling cute today

might delete later

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

shedding a tear for the small craft vacationers
whose 5 year circumnavigation trips are now ruined

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1262478021224574977?s=19

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
dressing up for a harry potter themed thing is incredibly easy and can be a fun way to make a point

just go as yourself and when people ask tell them you're a muggle

muggles are a "character" and part of the world of harry potter

if they push you on it bring up the fact that it is lame to have a permanent underclass whose lives would no doubt be transformed for the better with the integration of the magic world and that you also find it hosed up that wizards have a slur for your people.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

one year when i was like 8 i tried to dress up for halloween as regis phillbin by wearing a too-big thrift store suit and giving party city million dollar bills to every adult but they all assumed that because i was a skinny white kid with glasses i was dressed up as harry potter

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

one year when i was like 8 i tried to dress up for halloween as regis phillbin by wearing a too-big thrift store suit and giving party city million dollar bills to every adult but they all assumed that because i was a skinny white kid with glasses i was dressed up as harry potter

Regis Philbin doesn't wear glasses, though?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dow ended up +911 points.

Never forget

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
wizarding world was fun, whatever

RadiRoot fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 18, 2020

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

AnoHito posted:

Regis Philbin doesn't wear glasses, though?

yes but i did because i was blind as gently caress even as a kid

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
the harry potter wizards are all fascist, the hero and the villain just differ on how fascist they are and which groups are included in the magical ubermenschen

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Bearjew posted:

number feeling cute today

might delete later

i dont know why but every time i see your avatar I smile just a bit so thanks for that

NUMBER UP

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

man, this is so lazy and hilarious

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fauci is latin for jaws

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

the harry potter wizards are all fascist, the hero and the villain just differ on how fascist they are and which groups are included in the magical ubermenschen

Doesn't Harry just end up joining the government and becoming a bureaucrat? Talk about a pathetic coda to a hero's journey.

(Btw, it is just a ww2 parable From British perspective and just like the UK after the war, once the Nazis were beaten, it was back to the business.)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its hilarious how no nfl is a primary grievance

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

its hilarious how no nfl is a primary grievance

From the same people who had crying fits about NFL players protesting police brutality.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Ardennes posted:

Doesn't Harry just end up joining the government and becoming a bureaucrat? Talk about a pathetic coda to a hero's journey.

(Btw, it is just a ww2 parable From British perspective and just like the UK after the war, once the Nazis were beaten, it was back to the business.)

he, no poo poo, becomes a wizard cop

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RaySmuckles posted:

he, no poo poo, becomes a wizard cop

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the restaurant where I work at is opening back up and I don't think I have a choice about going back unless I want to completely bottom out all my savings and then start all over again at somewhere else that's quite likely going to be a lot worse than the close-knit family place I work at. gonna own getting covid then watching them go under when we get the second wave of shutdowns.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

a group of people who could use their power to easily solve all the problems in society but instead they just jerk each other off endlessly while imperiling the globe with their bullshit

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

wow, that will smith netflix movie was a sequel huh

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

It shows more or less how America works, you are optimistic until literally have nothing left.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Im glad I have Facebook Analytics to tell me cash flow is the problem right now

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Launching hundos out of a trebuchet to increase money velocity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Egg Moron posted:

a group of people who could use their power to easily solve all the problems in society but instead they just jerk each other off endlessly while imperiling the globe with their bullshit

P sure they trap and imprison/pay people to do this.