Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

the only truth in this world is that everything the president says is a lie

e: try it...if u like...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Bar Crow posted:

He is not taking it. He told another weird lie and is forcing people to back him up. He does this constantly. It is pretty much the only thing he does. Why would you even consider believing it?

dunno man everyone else in the West Wing has the 'roni

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Bar Crow posted:

He is not taking it. He told another weird lie and is forcing people to back him up. He does this constantly. It is pretty much the only thing he does.

It's this

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Solarin posted:

you enormous bag of dirt

rude

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

BeefThief posted:

the only truth in this world is that everything the president says is a lie

e: try it...if u like...

so Joe Biden is not, in fact, sleepy?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

he is not sleepy, he has dementia. Those are totally different things.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
i am glad joe biden isn’t in a nursing home rn but i am less glad he is the democratic nominee for president

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

seems normal

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

two things: first, if i thought i was sleepy i wouldn't vote for me either. second, we have gotta restore the soul of this country. third, and i can't stress this enough...i...well, i'll stop there. sorry, you go ahead.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

uhoh, 5-18 was supposed to be the lowest low point if the decreasing trend was continuing

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Inceltown posted:

A woman doing that just compounds the rage

seems to trigger ancient internet forums too lmfao

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

just lmao if you think this is the one visible part of a problem when it's something that is happening up and down the data reporting chains in FL in every way imaginable to make TRUMP look like less of a feckless shithead

orange sky
May 7, 2007

so the UK seems to be handling this pretty well - a nurse friend of a friend tested positive for COVID, was told "stay at home for 7 days and when you don't have symptoms come back", with no other testing to check if negative. she works at a nursing home. cool. coool.

(this is what I was told, at least. it's hosed)

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/ChristianPost/status/1262479319802064897

- 25% capacity with 6ft social distancing enforced
- 15 days from reopening to shutdown

Churches will continue to be one of the primary outbreak vectors to watch.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Zeriel posted:

gently caress it I'm rooting for the virus

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

orange sky posted:

so the UK seems to be handling this pretty well - a nurse friend of a friend tested positive for COVID, was told "stay at home for 7 days and when you don't have symptoms come back", with no other testing to check if negative. she works at a nursing home. cool. coool.

(this is what I was told, at least. it's hosed)

p sure symptoms last more than 7 days but who the hell even knows how contagiousness works after initial infection

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1243029924459536385?s=21

Accelerationism is a strange marriage of Marxism and neo-Nazism. The idea is that the internal contradictions of the economic and political order will cause it to collapse. From the ruins, the extreme right can create its “nation built on blood and soil”. They see the virus both as evidence of accelerationism’s truth and an excellent opportunity to hasten the system’s demise. Followers act alone or organise themselves into decentralised terrorist cells, encouraging any act that will “accelerate” this breakdown (an idea borrowed from Lenin). These include the spreading of disinformation and conspiracy theories, attacks on infrastructure (such as that on New York’s 311 line) and lone-wolf terrorism. The would-be hospital bomber was a believer. So were the gunmen who attacked mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, and a synagogue in Poway, California, last year.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Bar Crow posted:

He is not taking it. He told another weird lie and is forcing people to back him up. He does this constantly. It is pretty much the only thing he does.

art of the deal baby

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SKULL.GIF posted:

This isn't the Trump thread

once a cop always a cop smdh

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
covid-19: finally, no more rules!!!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Man Musk posted:

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1243029924459536385?s=21

Accelerationism is a strange marriage of Marxism and neo-Nazism. The idea is that the internal contradictions of the economic and political order will cause it to collapse. From the ruins, the extreme right can create its “nation built on blood and soil”. They see the virus both as evidence of accelerationism’s truth and an excellent opportunity to hasten the system’s demise. Followers act alone or organise themselves into decentralised terrorist cells, encouraging any act that will “accelerate” this breakdown (an idea borrowed from Lenin). These include the spreading of disinformation and conspiracy theories, attacks on infrastructure (such as that on New York’s 311 line) and lone-wolf terrorism. The would-be hospital bomber was a believer. So were the gunmen who attacked mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, and a synagogue in Poway, California, last year.

imagine 4 horseshoes on a cliff. extremism works the same way

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

a helpful bear posted:

covid-19: finally, no more rules!!!

it's the outback steak house of diseases

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Marzzle posted:

it's the outback steak house of diseases

funnel bloomin onion sauce down my ventilator tubes

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Quiet Feet posted:

WHO has yet to answer for their biggest failure yet when 20 years ago in 2000 they let the dogs out.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
You see he took the hydroxychloroquine as in he got the prescription filled, but he hasn't orally ingested any yet.

"See? CNN fake news I haven't taken any yet that's why your ratings so bad failing new york times."

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Spain is passing permanent UBI because of Covid

nice

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Spain is passing permanent UBI because of Covid

its not ubi because its not universal. about 1 million people (the poorest presumably) out of the 46 million population will get it

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52707551

poty has issued a correction as of 07:42 on May 19, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

poty posted:

its not ubi because its not universal. about 1 million people (the poorest presumably) out of the 46 million population will get it

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52707551

That's still a hell of a lot better than basically anywhere else.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Some good news out of China, they claim that they might have found a non vaccine solution to Covid:-

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1262631899920338944?s=21

Like anything out of Chinese media take it with a grain of salt.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Some good news out of China, they claim that they might have found a non vaccine solution to Covid:-

It will be hilarious if it works and the USA / AUS are told to get hosed for banging on about the lab made bullshit.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Inceltown posted:

It will be hilarious if it works and the USA / AUS are told to get hosed for banging on about the lab made bullshit.

I’m placing a bet right now that if China makes the actual cure/vaccine first america will do to Chinese pharmaceuticals what it’s doing to HuaWei and throw all its economic might into forcing other countries to not accept the medicine and to embargo the Chinese companies selling or distributing it.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
France was experiencing such a severe economic depression that there wasn't enough food to go around. Poor harvests lasting several years and an inadequate transportation system both contributed to making food more expensive.[30][31] As with most monarchies, the upper class was always ensured a stable living, so while the rich remained very wealthy, the majority of the French population was starving. Many were so destitute that they couldn't even feed their families and resorted to theft or prostitution to stay alive. Meanwhile, the royal court at Versailles was isolated from and indifferent to the escalating crisis. While in theory King Louis XVI was an absolute monarch, in practice he was often indecisive and known to back down when faced with strong opposition. While he did reduce government expenditures, opponents in the parlements successfully thwarted his attempts at enacting much needed reforms. The Enlightenment had produced many writers, pamphleteers and publishers who could inform or inflame public opinion. The opposition used this resource to mobilise public opinion against the monarchy, which in turn tried to repress the underground literature.[28]

the french revolution was such an unfamiliar time

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
any government that legitimately believes their mission to protect their people should be taking all measures to retrieve the stolen wealth and resources from the ultra rich by any means necessary, especially now when things are in turmoil. do you really think the US is going to go to war if you seize a good chunk of elon musk's wealth?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Al-Saqr posted:

Mouse trials are an important step in drug development so that's good but like we've cured cancer in mice a million times over so gonna need to see some human results before getting my hopes up.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Al-Saqr posted:

I’m placing a bet right now that if China makes the actual cure/vaccine first america will do to Chinese pharmaceuticals what it’s doing to HuaWei and throw all its economic might into forcing other countries to not accept the medicine and to embargo the Chinese companies selling or distributing it.

He turned this whole situation into an arms race against China so he can't lose because it'll be more work to clean up from looking like an idiot. Right-wing media has every cannon loaded for more conspiracies in the event that China gets a lead. He has November handed to him but the pain of falling behind to China will leave him sore across his second term.

China's government is far from trustworthy but it's funny to see America fall on its face over and over when attempting to puff out its chest at them.

DesertIslandHermit has issued a correction as of 09:15 on May 19, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol if china solves it they're gonna gain so much soft power lmao, watch them be super charitable and pat trumo on the head and say here u go lil buddy

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Durf posted:

lol my mom is trad cath and a former nurse and is currently towing the line somewhere around "The virus is dangerous and a vaccine is required even if it's made of BABIES"

These aborted baby stem cells are bestowing the GIFT of LIFE unto those who are still alive, even in death :angel:

And then you realize since they weren't baptized they're going to have to baby crawl through purgatory, but your prayers can put them one step closer to not being in purgatory.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
I developed a quick covid test with 100% sensitivity (specificity depends on prevalence of disease) that I can perform via private message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mistle posted:

These aborted baby stem cells are bestowing the GIFT of LIFE unto those who are still alive, even in death :angel:

And then you realize since they weren't baptized they're going to have to baby crawl through purgatory, but your prayers can put them one step closer to not being in purgatory.

can we buy indulgences for the vaxx babies

can we put some of that general stimulus money towards that