Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

In 1998 a Marine pilot hot-dogging through the Dolemites in an E4-B Prowler snipped the line of a cable car, dooming 20 Europeans to a 250 ft fall and a grisly death. The pilot was acquitted in a bullshit court-martial, to the disgust of Italians. Then he and an accomplice were hit with a second court-martial for obstruction (they had apparently destroyed recordings) and the pilot ended up with 19 weeks in the brig and a dishonorable discharge. Bill Clinton expressed condolences and reimbursed Italy for their $60,000 payouts to the families of the victims, plus the princely sum of $5,000 dollars per aggrieved family. Twenty-two years later, the USA still denies responsibility for the tragedy.

neither has Ed Balls

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 03:02 on May 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Filthy Hans posted:

In 1998 a Marine pilot hot-dogging through the Dolemites in an E4-B Prowler snipped the line of a cable car, dooming 20 Europeans to a 250 ft fall and a grisly death. The pilot was acquitted in a bullshit court-martial, to the disgust of Italians. Then they were hit with a second court-martial for obstruction (they had apparently destroyed recordings) and the pilot ended up with 19 weeks in the brig and a dishonorable discharge. Bill Clinton expressed condolences and reimbursed Italy for their $60,000 payouts to the families of the victims, plus the princely sum of $5,000 dollars per aggrieved family. Twenty-two years later, the USA still denies responsibility for the tragedy.

neither has Ed Balls

i have never heard about that. sounds about par for the course but i want to learn more

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Eat This Glob posted:

i have never heard about that. sounds about par for the course but i want to learn more

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...a-a8184771.html

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That time in 1984 where a former CAF corporal took over the Quebec National Assembly with a machinegun for several hours before being talked down by the sergeant at arms and willingly going to jail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Lortie

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

That time in 1984 where a former CAF corporal took over the Quebec National Assembly with a machinegun for several hours before being talked down by the sergeant at arms and willingly going to jail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Lortie

interesting stuff

smdh the dude was paroled after serving only 12 years

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
lol the rock and john cena knew that osama bin laden had been killed before the entire country & the vast majority of the US's government

and also during that killing the US accidentally revealed the existence of stealth helicopters because it loving crashed. jesus christ lol it never stops being funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6maL6gq6qME

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

5 loving dollars for a loving corn dog? california is such a hellscape

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
And they blew it up except poorly so the Chinese or whoever basically got an intact tail section.

(Which, as we all know, is where the largest amount of stealth is stored.)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

babypolis posted:

5 loving dollars for a loving corn dog? california is such a hellscape

that's iowa lol

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Volcott posted:

And they blew it up except poorly so the Chinese or whoever basically got an intact tail section.

lmao i didnt know this bit. excellent

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

interesting stuff

smdh the dude was paroled after serving only 12 years

I dunno, seems by all accounts that he's not a danger anymore.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Volcott posted:

It's true. I have never seen my own rear end so it must be jam-packed with stealth.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Volcott posted:

During the Yugoslavian conflict in 1999 a lazy officer kept sending F-117 stealth aircraft on the same flight plan, despite doctrine prohibiting this. The Yugoslavian army noticed this and figured out when the F-117s were out based on radio tower interference, and were able to shoot one down with a virtually obsolete surface-to-air missile. The plane crashed mostly intact and parts of it were sold to Russia and China, delivering incalculable damage to the US' stealth program.

Wikipedia has a slightly different explanation but I remember it happening as I wrote above

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jesus christ :stare:

military aviation is very much in my professional bailiwick and i either forgot or had entirely missed that story. holy poo poo, the DoD is a cabal of monsters (that I knew of, naturally).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Oh yeah, there was also that time the town of Oka tried to erect a golf course on Mohawk land leading to an armed stand-off that lasted 78 days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oka_Crisis

I was 2 at the time.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh yeah, there was also that time the town of Oka tried to erect a golf course on Mohawk land leading to an armed stand-off that lasted 78 days.

I was 2 at the time.

https://youtu.be/FqGnqnJT_Ss

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's iowa lol

what the gently caress

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

babypolis posted:

what the gently caress

I assume it's a concessions stand at some event where they have a captive audience so they can charge however much they want to without fear of reprisal.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

babypolis posted:

what the gently caress

to be fair thats the state fair where all the pres. candidates have to visit and pretend to like the taste of an unseasoned porkchop on a stick. so a $5 corndog doesnt seem that unreasonable tbh. like football game prices, or something

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

to be fair thats the state fair where all the pres. candidates have to visit and pretend to like the taste of an unseasoned porkchop on a stick. so a $5 corndog doesnt seem that unreasonable tbh. like football game prices, or something

Is that just a whole pork chop on a stick? What the gently caress?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Midwest has the greatest culinary tradition on Earth.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Inceltown posted:

Is that just a whole pork chop on a stick? What the gently caress?

you better believe it

check out these aprons

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Rick Perry said eastern North Carolina barbecue tastes like roadkill, and it was the only time I've respected anyone during the "presidential candidates eating lovely food" charade

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

this collection has to include the all time great, martin o malley

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

WampaLord posted:

this collection has to include the all time great, martin o malley

oh man thats a banger. how about this

i know theres basically no way to eat a corndog and not look like this but also lmao

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

and the fact that it has its own wikipedia page

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

oh man thats a banger. how about this

i know theres basically no way to eat a corndog and not look like this but also lmao

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lol remember when melania was gonna do something about the opiod crisis

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

has melania ever done anything that would indicate she has a sentient personality

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sylink posted:

has melania ever done anything that would indicate she has a sentient personality

She once in an interview when asked if she'd be with Trump if he had no money answered with "would he be with me if I wasn't pretty" or something to that effect.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

i mean i guess i can't imagine being a soulless husk with no purpose just consuming meaningless pleasantries or whatever. sounds incredibly boring. i dont really understand how you can be rich.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wealth is wasted on the wealthy

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I wonder if Melania spends a lot of time playing League of Legends or some poo poo.

babypolis posted:

what the gently caress

https://politics.theonion.com/bored-iowa-town-trying-to-convince-kirsten-gillibrand-i-1833159244

Fake but accurate to the element that Iowans are very aware that they can yank around presidential candidates just to see them squeal.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

During the Yugoslavian conflict in 1999 a lazy officer kept sending F-117 stealth aircraft on the same flight plan, despite doctrine prohibiting this. The Yugoslavian army noticed this and figured out when the F-117s were out based on radio tower interference, and were able to shoot one down with a virtually obsolete surface-to-air missile. The plane crashed mostly intact and parts of it were sold to Russia and China, delivering incalculable damage to the US' stealth program.

Wikipedia has a slightly different explanation but I remember it happening as I wrote above
I remember your version, but it could have been disinfo. Also, the commander of the missile team that shot it down still has part of the plane in his garage as a trophy.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
This is maybe the best page this thread has ever had. Good work everybody.

The pilot killing all those ppl in Italy, the Oka Incident, & stealth program bullshit are all new to me and the pics of candidates eating get me every time

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was 2 at the time.

And then a few weeks back the mayor where that all happened asked the Mohawk to erect blockades to keep out coronavirus-infected travelers trying to escape from the city.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

IOWA CHOP

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

I have the feeling I’ve already said this about five times today but lmfao America wtf whyyyyyyyyy are you so stupid, that poo poo doesn’t even look good at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ah well you see that's a region variation called the IOWA CHOP, which is different than a regular pork chop in that it may be thick, and seasoned with salt and pepper