Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

nah just some new poo poo report from his personal quack about being the picture of health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Botox will be mentioned.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
The news media will have serious discussions about how "morbid" is not the proper term because Trump is no more than severely obese.

Advantageous
Apr 8, 2012

An executive order to redefine the medical definition of obesity will be issued in the next 24 hours

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hes barely recovered from when she tore up his speech YAS QWEEN

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

does trump outweigh taft

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

does trump outweigh taft

Big Bill Taft would crush Trump.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

does trump outweigh taft

Taft peaked at about 350 pounds, so probably not yet, though Taft also actively worked to lose weight after he left the White House.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Advantageous posted:

An executive order to redefine the medical definition of obesity will be issued in the next 24 hours

When he took office they literally lied about his height/weight to put him juuuuuuust under the obese line on a BMI chart. He allegedly was like 2" taller than me and the exact same weight. Like gently caress.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Advantageous posted:

Army to make recruitment mission within 72 hours.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BigDave posted:

Army to make recruitment mission within 72 hours.

army buys armored mobility scooters

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Anti-malarials are well known for causing psychosis and insane waking nightmares. TBH I'm starting to think I've been taking it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Eddie Haskell died.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

RFC2324 posted:

army buys armored mobility scooters

They already have those, they're called MRAPS.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

There’s a self-own and then there’s taking off your shoe, pissing in it, then using it to club yourself in the dick repeatedly while shrieking about owning the libs. This is the latter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's so good I have no clue if it's real. I didn't see it on his twitter but I have no clue how thorough a job deleting tweets does because I wouldn't gently caress with the platform

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Probably should’ve slept on that one Pompey.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Midjack posted:

Probably should’ve slept on that one Pompey.

Pompeo strikes me as the sort of person who would favorably compare himself to Pompey the Great, even though he isn't fit to lick his shoes.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's so good I have no clue if it's real. I didn't see it on his twitter but I have no clue how thorough a job deleting tweets does because I wouldn't gently caress with the platform

It's real:

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/1262376762094256128?s=20

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
None of those superlatives describe America so that explains our failure.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the american officer that was a liason to KMT china (what became Taiwan) described them as fascism without the efficiency. The KMT is still the dominant political party and they have the largest wealth fund of any political party taking population into account. They own the banks, radio stations etc there. Imagine fox news but instead of merely working to support right wing causes was directly controlled by the republican party

They didn't even have elections until 91 iirc. It really is an example of the failure of american foreign policy where we find someone we don't like and then support their enemy no matter how loving awful that entity is.

Also when they fled china to the island they massacred a shitload of the locals

PookBear fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 19, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

PookBear posted:

the american officer that was a liason to KMT china (what became Taiwan) described them as fascism without the efficiency. The KMT is still the dominant political party and they have the largest wealth fund of any political party taking population into account. They own the banks, radio stations etc there. Imagine fox news but instead of merely working to support right wing causes was directly controlled by the republican party

They didn't even have elections until 91 iirc. It really is an example of the failure of american foreign policy where we find someone we don't like and then support their enemy no matter how loving awful that entity is.

sure. but they are still better than china

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Trump sent a letter to the head of the WHO threatening to cut all US funding to the organization and leave it over WHO being too close to China. Because nothing says “principled global leadership” better than threatening the body that allows for sharing of information and coordinating a global response.

Goddamn I hate this year and what the US has become.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Update to the carrier re-positives and other re-positives:

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1262687204687712256?s=19

The South Koreans are saying that the re-test positives are from the PCR test being unable to distinguish between people shedding live virus or dead virus. They took positive re-testers, grabbed the virus they were shedding, then couldn't actively grow it in the lab.

The South Korean CDC is basically saying you get sick, complete your isolation period, and get better, then you're good to go. Considering how insanely cautious the South Koreans have been in this whole thing, they're probably right.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

PookBear posted:

So you're saying that American foreign policy got them to democracy only 3 decades and counting before the mainland. I suppose there is the shining example of the PRC resolving the issue with all those reactionary, rightist students a couple years before...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Trump sent a letter to the head of the WHO threatening to cut all US funding to the organization and leave it over WHO being too close to China. Because nothing says “principled global leadership” better than threatening the body that allows for sharing of information and coordinating a global response.

Goddamn I hate this year and what the US has become.

When the prez first announced they were halting funding to WHO there was a bit of noise back then about how he technically can't control the funding to them (because it was funded through congress? not sure?).

Did that ever get explained or resolved? Is this even something he can do?

loving over WHO further just punishes people outside of the USA for the mistakes we've already made.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

This has gone on long enough that it sounds like he's just holding on to it and yelling because he can and noone is going to say anything to him about it.

Also, this typically means there is deeper grift he's trying to distract from.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The trump admin is recalling all the national guard it sent to states regarding covid-19 at 89 days time.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

This is one of those cases where Trump stumbled into a correct idea...then takes a terrible response to it.

The WHO is undoubtedly overinfluenced by China. The WHO let Chinese Traditional Medicine into doctrine even though the whole thing is bunk. Even the Chinese know it's bunk. But by God it's theirs!

That almost definitely extends into this crisis. But the answer is to unify non-Chinese members to hit back on dumb nonsense getting in. Not to back out and give China even MORE control of an incredibly important international organization.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1262743968174858241?s=19

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1262744587224838144?s=19

I hope they have The Knack playing in the background.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol a buffet. This is too funny.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ded posted:

sure. but they are still better than china

Yes but its a good example of how we never have a plan to fill the power vacuums we create.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol a buffet. This is too funny.

It would be even funnier if the buffet was a bunch of McShitburgers piled on platters.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Midjack posted:

It would be even funnier if the buffet was a bunch of McShitburgers piled on platters.

Nah individualy wrapped burgies and boxed tendies would be down right partially responsible.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

bengy81 posted:

Eddie Haskell died.

And yet, somehow, he's still President.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Mr. Nice! posted:

The trump admin is recalling all the national guard it sent to states regarding covid-19 at 89 days time.

Does this minimise benefits/awards/something?

brains
May 12, 2004

america's chief diplomat, folks

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

stevobob posted:

Does this minimise benefits/awards/something?

They have to be active 90 days to start accruing time towards any active military benefits such as GI bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We love our troops, don't we?