Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Big Beef City posted:

You know what everyone has? Hair.

Some people don't have hair you absolute beast of a monster, you insensitive filthy baboon you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
poor guy, the internet is making fun of his weight and his fav channel is being mean to him :allears:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Some people don't have hair you absolute beast of a monster, you insensitive filthy baboon you.

Hairy baboon, at least. :smug:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

bollig posted:

tested negative
There's a local (Central IL) doctor who's been doing antibody tests, and he said that only, like, 3% of them have come back positive.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

dwarf74 posted:

There's a local (Central IL) doctor who's been doing antibody tests, and he said that only, like, 3% of them have come back positive.

Hahaha fuuuucccckkkkk

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Trump must be proud. DeSantis working hard to bury the real numbers.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/woman-who-designed-floridas-covid-19-dashboard-has-been-removed-from-her-position

CBS12.com posted:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (CBS12) — As Florida starts to reopen, the architect and manager of Florida's COVID-19 dashboard, announced she'd been removed from her position, Florida Today reported.

Rebekah Jones said in an email to CBS12 News that her removal was "not voluntary" and that she was removed from her position because she was ordered to censor some data, but refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen."

Jones made the announcement May 5 in a farewell email to researchers and other members of the public who had signed up to receive updates on the data portal, according to Florida Today. She said that for "reasons beyond my division's control," her office is no longer managing the dashboard, involved in its publication, fixing errors or answering any questions.

Florida's COVID-19 dashboard, created by a team of Florida Department of Health data scientists and public health officers led by Jones, was praised by White House officials for its accessibility, the Florida Daily reported. But over the last few weeks, it "crashed and went offline, data disappeared with no explanation and access to the underlying data sheets became difficult."

Jones told CBS12 News that since she's been removed, the dashboard still hasn't been fully repaired.

CBS12 News reached out to the Florida Department of Health for comment and is waiting to hear back.

snake and bake fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 19, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bronze Fonz posted:

"There's notable gaps when he literally can't be watching TV for whatever reason"

God, I hate when they make me do this president poo poo with speeches and meetings and stuff, my show's coming on!

I wish some fox news nut would start running alien and ufo conspiracy poo poo directed at trump. Have Giorgio from Ancient Aliens and Stephen Greer on for hour long blocks at 8am twice a week talking about dumb poo poo like "benefits for economy of alien interaction" or something about galactic space drugs being a cure for covid. "Does Moon McDonald's exist and are their filet o fish really superior?" Get that blink182 guy on to "voice the youth concerns" or something else extravagantly dumb.

We'd have any super top secret alien files go public in a week. Trump would tell stories that aren't related and way more fantastical than any actual paper trail would show. He'd televise a walking tour of area 51 for Fox news. Maybe pat Elon on the head and give him an infinity dollar contract.

I mean, goddamnit, if ever there was a time to manipulate a sitting president into rambling craziness for our own entertainment, it has to be in our hell dimension timeline.

Then I want fox news to follow up with ghosts.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if you want fox to do those things you better buy fox

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GolfHole posted:

We should crowdfund buying Fox and just put out the craziest poo poo (crazier than them). Their cult would totally believe that 5G makes you gay.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Big Beef City posted:

You know what everyone has? Hair.
You know what everyone needs and can't get? Haircuts.

You know what's moderately annoying that you can easily commiserate with another person about? Not getting a haircut.

Wouldn't it be really loving great if you found something that was easy to bitch about to others to use as a rallying point to find common cause against how much this all sucks? Goddamn I wonder what could be used to market that common angle of frustration? What in the WORLD could that be, what similar thing shared by many people could be held up as an almost universal sign of inconvenient displeasure that is easily recognized and easily overcome by simply bitching, and therefor a good enough goal to shoot for to empower a large rear end group of people?

poo poo I wonder????

You seem mad about haircuts

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Burt Sexual posted:

Haircuts are apparently the most important thing to americans right now

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

If the numbers aren't being released then cases are going down!! It's perfect science.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

GolfHole posted:

Yeah, murdoch isn't coming up off that yet. One can dream, though.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

We should crowdfund buying Fox and just put out the craziest poo poo (crazier than them). Their cult would totally believe that 5G makes you gay.

im pretty sure it would cost multiples more money than all of us have, combined

which is a very disappointing thing to think about

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

The guy specifically asked wtf was up with haircuts.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Burt Sexual posted:

howd the self cut turn out

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

dwarf74 posted:

Even 3% feels high to me outside of major cities. There's a big selection bias there, I'm assuming only people who think they might have had it are even bothering to go.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Iron Crowned posted:

Haircuts are apparently the most important thing to americans right now

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

But I wonder if she ever got a haircut. :pray:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

But I wonder if she ever got a haircut. :pray:
She’s probably dead

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

FlamingLiberal posted:

She’s probably dead

The mortician gave her a cute bob

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I've got an automated haircut system imported from France. It chops a little close on the neck, but nobody has ever complained afterwards.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Her hair grew too long and the weight on her head shattered her neck vertebrae. She's next to Lowtax in Spine Hospital now. If only a barber had gotten to her in time :smith:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I've been growing my hair since I was about 16 and I only have to grab the end of my pony tail, grab scissors and chop off the part that's too long every now and then.

So the whole "can't go to the hair dresser" has been a major mindfuck to wrap my head around this part of regular life that's now missing for most people.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Bronze Fonz posted:

So the whole "can't go to the hair dresser" has been a major mindfuck to wrap my head around this part of regular life that's now missing for most people.

lemme translate

"i need a haircut" = "i miss people doing poo poo for me so i feel important/special for a few fleeting moments before sinking back into the mire that is my lonely and miserable existence"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bronze Fonz posted:

I've been growing my hair since I was about 16 and I only have to grab the end of my pony tail, grab scissors and chop off the part that's too long every now and then.

I mean, I prefer to go to get my hair cut and beard trimmed because they do a better job, but I definitely have used the clippers in the last month. Sure I miss some spots, but it's not the end of the world, and I'm not upping my chances of catching 'rona.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Actually, most of the hardships of confinement have been something cpmpletely unrelatable/foreign to me. First, I'm an artist that works from home for the most part. So having to stay home in front of the computer is... life already?
I'm confined with my favorite human in the world, so on that side I'm blessed too. No young kids in school or anything like that, I get the canadian relief financial aid so I make more than I need, my wife makes her college teacher salary, and we're working together on editing a documentary together.

I could take another year or two of this situation honestly. #privilege

I even get amazing weed online from the state, paid for by the state, with my credit score going up, getting in better physical shape and zero worries (beyond the whole global pandemic part). My wife is having a blast with the garden.

I don't wanna brag I wish everyone could go through this time with as much as I'm getting out of it. :(

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Even 3% feels high to me outside of major cities. There's a big selection bias there, I'm assuming only people who think they might have had it are even bothering to go.
Yeah, the biggest hub he's actually tested in is Champaign-Urbana (University of Illinois), which has been having pretty significant infection numbers. The other places are basically rural. But still, 2,000 tests is pretty significant.

https://www.wglt.org/post/antibody-testing-emerges-central-illinois-amid-many-unknowns

quote:

Pliura said less than 3% of the nearly 2,000 antibody tests he's given at his offices in LeRoy, Champaign and Marion show exposure to the coronavirus.

“It makes sense that the penetration of this disease hasn’t been as broad spectrum as they’ve had in some places,” he said, adding having a better understanding of your potential risk of exposure offers at least some peace of mind, though medical professionals are still trying to determine what that immunity means.

Even in a clinical setting, the antibody rate is only like 10%, lmao

quote:

Carle Health System uses Abbott's antibody test, and Banks said Carle's own lab work has verified the tests' accuracy.

What has the testing shown so far? Carle has tested about 150 clinical workers; about 10% show antibodies.

HERD IMMUNITY IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, EVERYONE

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Gosh I was so young then, not a ounce of bronze in sight!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Bronze Fonz posted:

For me, the whole "want a haircut" thing is more "my bangs are in my eyes, it's growing over my ears, and goddamn it I actually have to COMB this poo poo before I go outside rather than it being a fraction of an inch long like God intended." But, y'know, I just deal with it. Looking like a hobo has never been more socially acceptable. I think.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

just get some dippity doo and stop using the expensive american crew stuff until you can get your hair trimmed ya dorks

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

For me, the whole "want a haircut" thing is more "my bangs are in my eyes, it's growing over my ears, and goddamn it I actually have to COMB this poo poo before I go outside rather than it being a fraction of an inch long like God intended." But, y'know, I just deal with it. Looking like a hobo has never been more socially acceptable. I think.

REMAIN INDOORS

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i have floppy hair that flops over my eyes when i'm working on something which drives me bonkers so i bought a big bag of cheap hair clips and just clip it out of the way

i'm pretty sure this is not going to get me on the cover of GQ anytime soon but IDGAF

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bronze Fonz posted:

REMAIN INDOORS

Gotta go to the grocery store sometimes, friend.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Gotta go to the grocery store sometimes, friend.

If you're not grocery shopping in a hazmat suit are you really doing the pandemic chic?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rexxed posted:

If you're not grocery shopping in a hazmat suit are you really doing the pandemic chic?

poo poo, you're right.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve been wearing a hat when I go shopping.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

But say it in the tone of depraved morbid sexuality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it's funny that in 2020 the guy with the paper bag on his head with garbage bags taped to his legs and torso is the sane one