Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

timp posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a moratorium on debating the finer points of the EGS in this thread

There is.

VideoGames posted:

New Thread Rule:

If a game is free on EGS you can post it absolutely, you can discuss the game, you can enjoy or dislike the game.

You can no longer talk about the pros and cons of EGS. Either make a thread about EGS and discuss it there or try to find the one that used to exist and post there.

No more derails about EGS in this thread.
Thank you kindly all!

Go poo poo up the Epic Store thread so we can go back to arguing about what constitutes a free videogame.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I didn't realize Epic made Unreal. The more you know...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Waltzing Along posted:

If you want to get really pedantic you can say Digital Extremes (of Xtreme Pinball, Dark Sektor and Warframe fame) made Unreal.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Waltzing Along posted:

lol that's all they used to be known for

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rinkles posted:

lol that's all they used to be known for

Uhh Jill of the Jackrabbit tho.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lego Ninjago Movie Game free on Steam

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

And PS4!

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

And XBone!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was sure I'd set it to download via the phone application to my Sony Play Station 4 home computer system but when I tried to find it I couldn't.

Turns out they, for some ungodly reason, named it The Lego Ninjago Movie Game the Game of the Movie and I was looking under L where all my other Lego games are :doh:

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I was sure I'd set it to download via the phone application to my Sony Play Station 4 home computer system but when I tried to find it I couldn't.

Turns out they, for some ungodly reason, named it The Lego Ninjago Movie Game the Game of the Movie and I was looking under L where all my other Lego games are :doh:

What kind of crappy software doesn't ignore 'The', 'A', etc. at the beginning of titles when sorting alphabetically?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Eh! Frank posted:

What kind of crappy software doesn't ignore 'The', 'A', etc. at the beginning of titles when sorting alphabetically?

The... Sony Play Station 4 operating system?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Eh! Frank posted:

The poo poo software we use at work can one up that. It ignores nothing and considers capital and lower case their own alphabets. For example if you have "customer a" and then "CUSTOMER B" customer b is higher on the list because it's in caps

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Len posted:

The poo poo software we use at work can one up that. It ignores nothing and considers capital and lower case their own alphabets. For example if you have "customer a" and then "CUSTOMER B" customer b is higher on the list because it's in caps

This should be illegal

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Len posted:

It's probably evaluating the ASCII value of the character rather than prioritizing a = A. ASCII "A" has a value of 65, while lower case "a" is 97. I work with an older language that does this, and it can make some stuff real fun (like when the system is like "I can definitely multiply 'POS' by 5 and get a value to evaluate").

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

teacup posted:

This should be illegal

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Chex Quest HD

https://store.steampowered.com/app/804270/Chex_Quest_HD/

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

I'm here to kick rear end and drink milk.
And i'm lactose intolerant.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

I totally played the original back in 1996 on a Gen 1 Pentium running at like 166mhz. Good times.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Eh! Frank posted:

The Switch as it turns out. The Binding of Isaac is down in the T's

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I guess it did originally cost the purchase price of a box of cereal.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Baby Proof posted:

I guess it did originally cost the purchase price of a box of cereal.

I already reposted it to the other thread just in case

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The second EGS mystery giveaway is Civilization VI

That leak correctly called Civ6, so expect Borderlands: The Handsome Collection next week and Ark: Survival Evolved the week after

repiv fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 21, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

repiv posted:

That leak correctly called Civ6, so expect Borderlands: The Handsome Collection next week and Ark: Survival Evolved the week after

I vowed never to touch another Civilization after I finally beat Civilization II. But then Civilization Revolution was "free" on Xbox Live Gold so I 100%d that. But no more I swear!

Well, maybe just a few turns to see how it is...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You beat a Civilization game? That’s cute.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

repiv posted:

Wario64 also said this week would bit Witcher 3 though so can you really expect them?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Len posted:

Wario64 also said this week would bit Witcher 3 though so can you really expect them?

Wario64 is obviously wrong then, I'm talking about the other leak which did correctly call this weeks game

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1261236054905851904

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why isn't Borderlands in the collection?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why isn't Borderlands in the collection?

Handsome collection refers to all games featuring Handsome Jack. To be fair, nothing of value is lost by skipping to Borderlands 2. The only thing that you'll miss is that the playable characters from the first game come back as NPCs in the second game. Those characters have literally no personalities in the first game so the only thing you need to know is that they exist.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
E. whoops

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

repiv posted:

Wario64 is obviously wrong then, I'm talking about the other leak which did correctly call this weeks game

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1261236054905851904

Yeah that's clearly an internal powerpoint leak. Noice. I haven't paid for any of the borderland games except maybe the first one and haven't finished any of them.

Another one for the pile :shepface:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If anyone decides to buy the Civ VI expansions (which I recommend eventually if you get into it. they're good!) you should know that buying the second expansion, Gathering Storm, gives you access to all the new features/mechanics in the first expansion -- you don't get the civs/leaders from it (and maybe a couple other things) that way, but all the major changes get rolled in. So if you're only buying one, get that one

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah that's clearly an internal powerpoint leak. Noice. I haven't paid for any of the borderland games except maybe the first one and haven't finished any of them.

Another one for the pile :shepface:

Yeah Wario64 tweeted that same picture after he tweeted about the Witcher 3 leak. Because it's 2020 and anything posted on the internet is now a leak

Like how some rando shopped up a ps+ announcement and got everyone hyped. And then it was Cities and Farm Sim. At some point people just pivoted to genuinely thinking the internet would never lie.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

goferchan posted:

If anyone decides to buy the Civ VI expansions (which I recommend eventually if you get into it. they're good!) you should know that buying the second expansion, Gathering Storm, gives you access to all the new features/mechanics in the first expansion -- you don't get the civs/leaders from it (and maybe a couple other things) that way, but all the major changes get rolled in. So if you're only buying one, get that one

i was thinking about getting the platinum upgrade which is 50% at 39,99, i remember civ 5 being useless without the whole bundle of dlc. Am I wrong?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

goferchan posted:

But what would I do without ferocious warlords like Genghis Khan, Shaka Zulu and Wilhelmina of the Netherlands?!

It doesn’t look like you can buy those expansions individually on Epic anyway.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Mierenneuker posted:

But what would I do without ferocious warlords like Genghis Khan, Shaka Zulu and Wilhelmina of the Netherlands?!

It doesn’t look like you can buy those expansions individually on Epic anyway.

So, season pass or nothin'? That sucks.

I was just watching a video on climate change in videogames and apparently Gathering Storm adds those mechanics. I'm not really interested in the base game without that.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Len posted:

The Switch as it turns out. The Binding of Isaac is down in the T's

civ shows up in EGS under S, for Sid lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sivalizayshun

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Does the EGS season pass for civ6 include all the frontier pass stuff that they're releasing for the game over the next few months?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

His arrogance has inconvenienced me for the last time!! :argh:

Definitely excited to play this one though; I recently got Civ III for free and, while it seems like there's a fun game in there somewhere, it's far too dated to be any fun in 2020 imo. I assume Civ VI will be a lot more friendly to newer players like me (whose only real experience is the loving SNES version of the original Civilization)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Lutha Mahtin posted:

and in yr Steam library

Sid Meier Presents: Sid Meier's Civilization X, by Sid Meier