Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1263170459450978314?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also re changing habits individual consumption is immaterial in a society where the wealth (and thus externalities) are concentrated in the hands of a tiny oligarchy. A billionaire can have a fleet of yachts that put out more carbon than the entire beef industry or whatever.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol that shows literally zero states above r0=1

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Philthy posted:

Why would you even consider sending kids back to school this year. poo poo some places have already canceled/remote 2021.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

fosborb posted:

I only buy Nissan pickups

Old Nissan pickups are amazing and I'm not a car person. You can run them into the ground and they're like, let's haul this unmarked load of boxes for your friend at 2am, without a problem

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

i became a vegetarian by switching mostly to indian and middle eastern vegetarian recipes rather than swapping my old diet to meat substitutes. but having burger patties in the freezer that can be a gutbomb meal in like 10min is really convenient, and i like beyond burgs better than most. all the staple stuff i cook is usually more like 40min rice bowls

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Gardein brand stuff is pretty good. You can get a bag of vital wheat gluten and make seitan. You can add seasoning to make it taste how you like and it's got a lot of protein.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

shovelbum posted:

people dont really get that it's all or nothing

either NZ level 4 or wide open, there is no in between until the pandemic is like 99.99999% gone

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/29_sunset/status/1263173484282212352

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

ten pounds of dried chickpeas in my cabinet, twice that in rice, tons of curry powders and ghee

gently caress your ground beef

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

shovelbum posted:

non-replica meatless content is this glorious bot:

https://twitter.com/RedwallFeasts/status/1262999823118196737

I remember reading those books when I was like 11 or 12 and just plowing through junk food every time I sat down to read them because every other chapter was describing utterly decadent feasts that made me hungry. Food was to Brian Jacques what incest is to GRR Martin.

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

lol they're just counting fewer infections/deaths

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mrs. Dash posted:

I remember reading those books when I was like 11 or 12 and just plowing through junk food every time I sat down to read them because every other chapter was describing utterly decadent feasts that made me hungry. Food was to Brian Jacques what incest is to GRR Martin.

what did you do while reading a Song of Ice and Fire? :stare:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Mrs. Dash posted:

One of my first memories of independently using the internet was looking up and prniting Redwall recipes at the library on some ancient fan website in the early or mid 90s.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

1024x768 posted:

lol they're just counting fewer infections/deaths

They've got R0 below 1 in every state both at end of lockdown and today, lmao yeah sure ok

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the redwall series sucks rear end for a bunch of reasons but the food bits are genuinely great. I started eating spicy food after all the 'otroot soup descriptions when I was a kid. Since my parents always (and still) believe spicy food is unhealthy for you, I might not have even tried a bunch of food growing up.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

brugroffil posted:

They've got R0 below 1 in every state both at end of lockdown and today, lmao yeah sure ok

they only looked at the last 7 days for "current R0" and they think WI has decreased:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

kaleedity posted:

the redwall series sucks rear end for a bunch of reasons but the food bits are genuinely great. I started eating spicy food after all the 'otroot soup descriptions when I was a kid. Since my parents always (and still) believe spicy food is unhealthy for you, I might not have even tried a bunch of food growing up.

Even tho it sucks its one of those series where it can kind of awaken you to the possibility of better things

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I know JP Morgan doesn't actually believe their poo poo or theyd open their offices, but you know....

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
so they're going with "the lockdown caused MORE virus"?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Rated PG-34 posted:

is testing actually available to whoever wants it in NYC?

from the sounds of it yes. the governor yesterday said that they actually have more capacity for testing than what is being utilized and he told people to go get tested asap if they are concerned they might have it.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

InsertPotPun posted:

"the data is too limited to say one way or the other. what we presuppose is, maybe it isn't?"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

OH DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT LINE BEING PINNED TO THE ORIGIN, THAT'S JUST HOW WE DO THINGS IN DATA SCIENCE

AJDAJFSADJJL

FAHDSIAFDS

DL....

.....:smithicide:

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
Breaking news from JP Morgan: germ theory is wrong, diseases are actually not contagious, laziness is more deadly than hoax viruses,

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CLEARLY LINEAR TRENDS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO UNDERSTAND DATA

I AM AN ENORMOUS loving SHITHEAD

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
just absolutely stunning rigour in epidemiological analysis coming from *checks notes* an investment bank?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm doing that thing where you can't stop laughing and it keeps getting higher pitched

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

InsertPotPun posted:

They've been doing this for awhile. "Locking people in their homes just means they are more likely to give it to their families" was a big thing for a few weeks.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Paradoxish posted:

It's not universally true or anything, but it feels like everyone who tries to push meat substitutes didn't really like meat much in the first place because there's absolutely a difference.
I came down with an allergy to red meat, and fake meats have been a nice option for me. The ground beef subsitutes hit some notes that ground turkey doesn't, especially in a burger, and the Beyond sausages are almost as good as a real sausage (note that chicken/turkey sausages are almost always made with beef or pork collagen casings so they're rarely an option).

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man someone is coughing up a loving storm in the white house press conference room

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Also how can you have any info on "lifting the lockdown" when it really only started this past week and also people are absolutely not acting as if everything is normal and fine. The lockdowns are because you need 90% of people to stay home, and now that the lockdowns are lifted only 60% of people will stay home. This means that it won't explode, but it also won't go away.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

They've been doing this for awhile. "Locking people in their homes just means they are more likely to give it to their families" was a big thing for a few weeks.

this is true, we need fever clinics like every other country on earth, but bc trump theyd be death camps and immigration checkpoints

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

mdemone posted:

CLEARLY LINEAR TRENDS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO UNDERSTAND DATA

I AM AN ENORMOUS loving SHITHEAD
it looks like that line is just y=x as a reference for where the r values are equal

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Stereotype posted:

tbf, we should have moved everyone testing positive to the still empty hotels. I know some big cities are doing this like Chicago but even little pisshole towns with like 20k people have like 3 variations of Comfort Inn branded hotels these days they could be using to isolate infections

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fosborb posted:

tbf, we should have moved everyone testing positive to the still empty hotels. I know some big cities are doing this like Chicago but even little pisshole towns with like 20k people have like 3 variations of Comfort Inn branded hotels these days they could be using to isolate infections

would you go to a kushnerklinic?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shovelbum posted:

would you go to a kushnerklinic?

no, but if the feds gave my city a bunch of funds to pay hotel vouchers to voluntarily isolate if I had symptoms (realistically about the best I could hope for policy-wise), hell yeah I would.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mdemone posted:

I'm doing that thing where you can't stop laughing and it keeps getting higher pitched

welcome

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

fosborb posted:

they only looked at the last 7 days for "current R0" and they think WI has decreased:

528 new cases today, a record high.

Open 'er up!

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
isolating patients at home with families does spread the virus

but get this...letting those patients go out and lick knobs at Big Andy's gently caress N Suck Bar N Grill spreads the virus even more! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Hell yeah!

https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1263188762508644352?s=20