Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

media staging for the gun crime in the parking lot of the store where he probably bought the gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

FizFashizzle posted:

Now that lockdown is over and covid is gone we can get back to right wing mass shootings

https://twitter.com/senquezada29/status/1263298028389036032?s=21

yup we have officially opened er up

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

“We followed the cdc guidelines as best we could”

Really they’ll have just fired a bunch of teachers lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1263242347669647360?s=20

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
really wish i lived in new zealand

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

our teachers union meeting call was today and the general consensus was "let's wait and see what the CDC guidelines are"

can't wait to see what the follow-up is

no cafeterias! six feet between desks! sneeze guards! No loving way lol

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

euphronius posted:

good luck finding paying tenants !

dude i'm not a landlord :mad: i need fellow GAMERS AND/OR WORKERS (rise up!!) to share the lease with me

and i've got a list of like 10 friends asking to share it because....everyone else is also broke and needs to get out of their expensive city apartments!!

seattle plague rat posted:

where r u from i might need a safehouse

can u take deliveries?

i'm in the sticks in new hampshire. but i repeat myself. taking all deliveries but i warn you weed deliveries are not "safe" in this "house" (i will smoke them)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

our teachers union meeting call was today and the general consensus was "let's wait and see what the CDC guidelines are"

can't wait to see what the follow-up is

no cafeterias! six feet between desks! sneeze guards! No loving way lol

I’m not an expert but all modern teacher is kids in groups doing social work at tables lmao

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

seems like there is a lack of serious policy making happening

This should be the title of the national anthem

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

subletting is being a landlord

it’s in fact the original form of lamlord

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I went out for groceries today and it's a clusterfuck

emailed my boss to ask to work 12-8 on wednesdays so I can shop for groceries without being run over, hopefully he doesn't mind

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

she actually said in the video, "lots of people are saying we should have a four-day work week. that's really between employers and employees" while making the most tory facial expression imaginable

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Outrail posted:

If I was a teacher in America I'd probably just quit. gently caress being an unappreciated, disposable political pawn.

I did this one year ago

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Jazerus posted:

she actually said in the video, "lots of people are saying we should have a four-day work week. that's really between employers and employees" while making the most tory facial expression imaginable

still,

Mayor Dave posted:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Jazerus posted:

Imagine a democrat even entertaining the idea of it, let alone mentioning it in words from their own mouth

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
Again, I hope I’m wrong here but I don’t get it.

The CDC can publish guidelines that are too restrictive to allow schools to open and the state plan can be to follow CDC guidelines, but if the state decides schools need to be open they will just ignore the CDC guidelines and do whatever.

What are the penalties if you didn’t let your child go back to school because you thought it was unsafe as a parent?

Does CPS come and take your kids and put them in foster care? How on earth are you going to have enough CPS workers to do that if many parents decide they don’t think their children are safe?

Where do you find the foster families?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

galenanorth posted:

I wasted my college years thinking that the 2030s would be like Star Trek on Earth. I'd find other people to go with me exploring and finding new scientifically important landmarks that no one had discovered yet. There are things which locals pass by all the time, but they don't have recognize its value, and there are changes which are small-scale in terms of map size and intensity, but they hint at something much larger when you synthesize the information

Now, let's stay not homeless and let's not die from COVID

That's all that's left

could still happen, Star Trek is the Posadism timeline, plenty of time for nukes and aliens

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I remember suggesting a 4-day work week to my classmates in first grade back in 1994 -- monday/tuesday, then thursday/friday -- and getting roundly scoffed at

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

So the lock down killed more people?

Lol

LOL

no

unless you are having choir practice with the people you are locked down with. then rip

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mourne posted:

The CDC can publish guidelines that are too restrictive to allow schools to open and the state plan can be to follow CDC guidelines, but if the state decides schools need to be open they will just ignore the CDC guidelines and do whatever.

What are the penalties if you didn’t let your child go back to school because you thought it was unsafe as a parent?

Does CPS come and take your kids and put them in foster care? How on earth are you going to have enough CPS workers to do that if many parents decide they don’t think their children are safe?

I'm not letting my kkids go to school because there's a disease that might kill them or their family. I wasn't to practice my religion and raise them according to the tenants of my faith. Because I'm one of those crazy Christians you read about

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Introducing skoolr, the hip new app where each kid gets  a gig teacher to come to their house each day to be nanny, teacher and cook

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

was it 4 day weeks or 5 hours days that have been proven to increase overall productivity

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mourne posted:

it would come down to what the local judge thinks at the time

since trials aren’t really happening :shrug:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

was it 4 day weeks or 5 hours days that have been proven to increase overall productivity

yes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mourne posted:

just target the children of the poor & minorities. put Kamala on the case and start jailing their parents. use the parents to fight wildfires and replace dead workers due to covid.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

COVID-420 posted:

"back to work" is the dumbest capitalist lie of the pandemic

yeah i'll go back to work at the 30 million jobs in hospitality and entertainment that don't exist anymore and won't exist any time soon

or back to work at my clothing store with --75% drop in sales. or my advertising agency with --80% drop in new client work.

maybe i'll drive an uber for all the nonexistent people who want rides. i could teach volleyball at the local college, but they canceled the program due to a lack of funds. maybe i'll be a public school teacher instead but the state is firing 70,000 of them this fall. back to work at onlyfans? nope i got ugly dick. this is tough.

Cuomo voice: just get yourself an essential job

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SKULL.GIF posted:

I remember suggesting a 4-day work week to my classmates in first grade back in 1994 -- monday/tuesday, then thursday/friday -- and getting roundly scoffed at

I worked with a guy who took a pay cut and didn't turn up on alternating fridays and mondays. worked out to a four day work week, and every second weekend was a four day weekend. He loving loved it.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Epic High Five posted:

Lol 5 hour day.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mayor Dave posted:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

In other countries like Sweden yeah but I don't know of state level ones that explain why the hell the south and iowa hasn't had insane outbreaks yet like I expected

Last week Georgia still was down 92 percent in restaurant bookings. Therell be an uptick ofc but itll take until June to really show

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Mourne posted:

CDC just gives a plan doesn't matter it doesn't make sense
Logical user of plan says 'This doesn't make sense'
Manager of logical user say 'Do what you can'
Like sheep everyone else figured it wouldn't be happening if it didn't make sense
YOU DIED

This is by design.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

why not both (I think it was 5 hours)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

when you're not trying to make it look like you are an indispensable asset that requires being paid/working at a minimum 40 hours a week I bet you can get a lot of poo poo done

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"go work in a grocery store" will be the new "learn to code"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

Quote from arrested man, "what are you gonna do, arrest me?"

*shovelbum starts sweating*

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

euphronius posted:

I’m not an expert but all modern teacher is kids in groups doing social work at tables lmao

our school and curriculum is basically designed to optimize transmission vectors too with long periods, group tables and crammed classrooms

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm pretty sure it's a nationwide trend but even like 2 weeks before the lockdown here, restaurant and public venue traffic was way, way down

I don't anticipate people flocking en masse, even the initial rush is a small percentage and once they get it out of their systems they'll probably stay home too

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

euphronius posted:

the expectation is that every classroom is this beautiful collaborative learning experience but the reality is a lot of traditional teaching methods are still used and are just fine.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lmboing at having 30 kid classrooms somehow all spaced 6 feet apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Firr/status/1263183121706598404