Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

I lovehate that Caitlyn Jenner one. Is that her? I assume but I'm not sure. If it is her, she's on your side you dumb motherfucker. Also the fact that it's photoshopped to *hell*.

They don't care, they hate LGBT people even if they are Republicans

Caitlyn Jenner is wayyy dumber than any of them, she supported Ted Cruz in the primary and whenever she was confronted with the fact that he hates her and people like her, she insisted he was just confused, and why with her there to advise him on trans issues he'll come around and realize rich, white transwomen are okay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Every time I see something like this:

All I can think of is this:

https://www.theonion.com/area-man-passionate-defender-of-what-he-imagines-consti-1819571149

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

fundies don't believe that other religions are just made up of people who have different ideas and traditions about God, they believe all other religions were created by the devil and are some form of purposeful devil worship. Sharia law is "godless" because the devil made it up, and the people who say it's from God aren't just wrong, they're lying in order to trick other people into worshipping the devil too.

It's the same reason they get mad about poo poo like kids learning about other religions in school, if your kid write something like "There is no God but God and Mohammed is His prophet" on a test to answer a question, they've just invoked a magic spell that gives the devil power over them!

They believe it so hard they have a state rep that got a bunch of Bible bikers to do counter spells to Satanists doing an "invocation" and damaging a bunch of stonework pouring oil on it to protect it from the devil or something

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/rep-matt-shea-fined-nearly-5000-for-damage-to-capitol-steps-during-march-protest/

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

That was the document that said the government can make you a slave to be sold at auction right

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

That was the document that said the government can make you a slave to be sold at auction right

Well yeah, but that only happens to criminals*

*nonwhite people

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

quote:

In the past two months, the governments of the world have undertaken to divide the people they rule into two classes. Although their measures vary in a number of ways, all such divisions boil down to dividing the people into (A) those who deserve to live at minimal risk and (B) those who do not deserve to exercise their natural rights to life, liberty, and property, so that those in class A can live at minimal risk. The language is of course seemingly unobjectionable, distinguishing essential from nonessential services and businesses, but the hasty process of making this distinction -- a task undertaken by a handful of government flunkies and bureaucrats --- ensures that it is more or less arbitrary and in some cases wildly mistaken; in a vast, complex system of intricately interconnected properties, processes, and transactions, how could it possibly be otherwise?

In class B are all those people whose very survival, not to mention their plans, dreams, and aspirations, has been put at grave risk. It didn't have to be this way. Those who are especially vulnerable to the coronavirus might have been protected well enough, indeed, better than they were, without crushing hundreds of millions of innocent, productive individuals by virtue of the rulers' lack of imagination and intelligence. No one ought to have the power to do what these rulers have done to people. And as we step back and survey the enormous destruction they have already wrought, destruction which is sure to grow in the coming weeks and months as it ripplies outward through the global economy, we see clearly how little these ruling princes and princesses deserve our allegiance.

They and their ideological supporters will claim, of course, that what they have done has saved us all. Don't believe this implausible, fear-fed claim. There was a better way, a way that would have respected and employed the people's freedoms and knowledge, but that way would not have satisfied the rulers' lust for power. Indeed, it would have revealed that the less power they exercise, the better off is the general public.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I lovehate that Caitlyn Jenner one. Is that her? I assume but I'm not sure. If it is her, she's on your side you dumb motherfucker. Also the fact that it's photoshopped to *hell*.

I was quickly scrolling and thought it was the Melania Trump

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VitalSigns posted:

They don't care, they hate LGBT people even if they are Republicans

Caitlyn Jenner is wayyy dumber than any of them, she supported Ted Cruz in the primary and whenever she was confronted with the fact that he hates her and people like her, she insisted he was just confused, and why with her there to advise him on trans issues he'll come around and realize rich, white transwomen are okay!

Makes me wonder suddenly how Natalie/ContraPoints feels about her...:thunkher:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Makes me wonder suddenly how Natalie/ContraPoints feels about her...:thunkher:

who care, she makes fake outsider art with a small cadre of youtube successful theater kids. Jenner, unfortunately, has had massively more sway with cis people perceptions of transness than CP ever could. Internet poisoned twitter people with a cancellation fetish are not the world.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

(Yes, let's abolish the capitalist class comrade)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

ewiley posted:

I mean, Unitarian Universalists are pretty close to this. I’ve met some pretty chill UU folks

UU is just religion for atheists who haven't kicked the church habit.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

"I get a trophy just like the guy who won except I didn’t have to work for it."

Eh, not really. Actual "participation trophies" do go to people who likely worked pretty hard. They just didn't take 1st place. And the "trophy" they get is more like a commemorative token you stash away in a box and forget about. The winners took the big Stanley Cup looking thing.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well and they’re the ones who required us to get the trophies cause they’re sour bitches who don’t like seeing their kids lose. It ain’t kids who request the trophies.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

tek79 posted:

Eh, not really. Actual "participation trophies" do go to people who likely worked pretty hard. They just didn't take 1st place. And the "trophy" they get is more like a commemorative token you stash away in a box and forget about. The winners took the big Stanley Cup looking thing.

I was born in 85, and racked up a bunch of participation trophies from peewee football and the like.
The trophies sure as hell weren't my idea, as a fat kid I was more concerned with getting ice cream afterwards than adding another meaningless trophy to the pile.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

the_steve posted:

I was born in 85, and racked up a bunch of participation trophies from peewee football and the like.
The trophies sure as hell weren't my idea, as a fat kid I was more concerned with getting ice cream afterwards than adding another meaningless trophy to the pile.

Same, same, and same! I figured out that the participation awards were meaningless junk as a kid, but I already collected several categories of interesting objects like rocks, snake and insect moltings as well as dead insects, so I had part of a drawer set aside for that stuff. My main interaction with them was a child’s aesthetic appreciation for bright and shiny things.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

who care, she makes fake outsider art with a small cadre of youtube successful theater kids. Jenner, unfortunately, has had massively more sway with cis people perceptions of transness than CP ever could. Internet poisoned twitter people with a cancellation fetish are not the world.

This is true, I'm just musing because I don't give a poo poo about what Jenner has to say really but I am disappointed in Natalie.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I've been off all social media for a while now and the nice thing is that all of these internet reactionaries actually very rarely seep into the real world and normal people have no clue who any of them are

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

tek79 posted:

It's literally loving mementos they are mad about.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Orange Devil posted:

It's literally loving mementos they are mad about.

It's like, loving compare the two.
The 1st place trophy is all fancy and nice and has multiple pillars and looks impressive.

The participation trophies (at least the ones I got) were basically plaques.

You can't look at that plaque and then the 1st place trophy and think "Yeah, these are the same."

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
they were also the ones handing the drat things out

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

they were also the ones handing the drat things out

I've pointed that out before, they immediately blame the "other parents."
The lousy straw-yuppies who suck at parenting are the ones who did that, not the Good Honest Boomer pointing out how bad and wrong it is.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
All the kids knew that participation trophies were bullshit. Their purpose was to placate the boomer parents who refused to believe that their children weren't the best at everything.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

sad email today

quote:

Fwd: Say the Prayer then send it on.

We were asked to be part of a 1 million Lord's Prayer chain to slow and stop the Coronavirus. The idea is you pray and then pass the message on to 8 other people. Let me know if you can't, so we don't break the prayer chain. It took me 30 secs to do it . (If you get it more than once pray again and keep it going! )

Here is a prepared prayer you can pray or use your own:

God our Father, please blanket our nation in protection from the Corona virus. Heal our land and protect those who are most vulnerable. Give peace to those who struggle with loneliness and isolation, and endurance to the many businesses that are affected by our feeble attempts to control Corona. Come to the bedside of those who are struggling with the effects of contracting the virus. Protect and give guidance to those healthcare workers who place themselves in danger caring for the sick. Hear our prayer oh Lord. We pray this in your sons name, Amen.

Thank you, Lord God!

"In God We Trust"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

the_steve posted:

I've pointed that out before, they immediately blame the "other parents."
The lousy straw-yuppies who suck at parenting are the ones who did that, not the Good Honest Boomer pointing out how bad and wrong it is.

Those limp-wristed little league coaches only went and acknowledged my dipshit kids' efforts, now I'm never gonna hear the end of his "dreams" for the "future"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think the worst thing for me as a fat kid was not getting "most improved" like every year on the various team sports I was pushed into. At least participation isn't quite as condescending.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

This one is amazingly blind because there is a whole class of people who only work for prestige or influence because they have so much money already they never have to work again. Someone who inherits rental property could literally never work (and their kids, and their kid's kids) in their entire life and still live a comfortable life.

Welfare living isn't anything to aspire to. It's dehumanizing and meager. These chucklefucks don't have a damned clue and it makes me so upset.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The message I am getting from this is probably not the one the creator wanted.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Replace the gun with a trans guy's packer

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The same dipshits mock people for wearing masks because it makes them fearful sheep. I guess I do the same for gun people.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Ah yes, we all remember how the Jews famously trusted the NAZI government in Germany.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Trying to find a post, ignore this

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

World Famous W posted:

Trying to find a post, ignore this

I will not.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
My stepdad posted on his secret blog:

quote:

Since most of the problems we are having in this country today are the direct result of women abusing power, I hope we never see a female President, a lot fewer women in Congress and no more female Governors. Yes, I know that a couple of them are OK, But something seems to go wrong in the female brain when it gets a whiff of power.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

This is a rare one; a dumb internet share that's been printed out and posted in the real world.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Golbez posted:

My stepdad posted on his secret blog:

"Since most of the problems we are having in this country today are the direct result of women abusing power" is quite the claim to make.

I would like to see the list of all the problems in their country each with their direct cause. I suspect the math might not add up.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

In the 1930s, a group of politicians decided that a good portion of the population was required to stop at red lights. Therefore, THE HOLOCAUST!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If he woulda stopped a women, he would have been right. Even Donald Trump has a mother.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

jivjov posted:

This is a rare one; a dumb internet share that's been printed out and posted in the real world.

I'd ask them to circle in the pamphlet where it says that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm exempt from all man made laws because I'm a god. Freedom of religion allows me to declare myself one. Read the Constitution. :smug: