Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

All these years I thought Larry Csonka on 411 was just using a pseudonym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan rebooking the Blue Blazer so it would be actually funny and safe was a darkly amusing moment.

After watching the Dark Side of the Ring episode tonight, it would have made perfect sense in storyline to do it Bryan's way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Looking forward to the Kazuchika Okada/Mike Sempervive 3 Star match :hellyeah:

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan rebooking the Blue Blazer so it would be actually funny and safe was a darkly amusing moment.

Yeah, it was pretty awful because it wasn't just a safer idea it was a legitimately better idea for the execution of their idea than they came up with themselves.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What was Bryan’s idea? That Blazer couldn’t get out of his harness?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Giving Owen six or seven safety harnesses that he'd slowly unhook while everyone stood around waiting to make fun of how long it would take Sting to get out of his

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

To go overboard with the safety and apply multiple safety catches, so he'd comically get lowered down incredibly safely, then take forever unbuckling himself. The idea was that the Blazer was a parody of Sting so why not just go completely over-the-top (which WWE often does) for fun with the added benefit that, you know, your poor employee who doesn't want to do it in the first place isn't going to plummet to his death with what was effectively a paper-clip holding him up.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
When Bryan is on a show without Dave, he becomes the steamroller.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Incessant Excess posted:

When Bryan is on a show without Dave, he becomes the steamroller.

the Bothell Bulldozer.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Martha Hart Interview on WOR, no sub needed:

https://www.f4wonline.com/wrestling-observer-radio/free-show-wor-dr-martha-hart-311436

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jim Valley asks if the Hart family protected the business in front of her and it leads into a couple of great stories. The interview starts out how you'd expect but there's a lot of fun stories after the story of the lawsuit and the family and everything else.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

To go overboard with the safety and apply multiple safety catches, so he'd comically get lowered down incredibly safely, then take forever unbuckling himself. The idea was that the Blazer was a parody of Sting so why not just go completely over-the-top (which WWE often does) for fun with the added benefit that, you know, your poor employee who doesn't want to do it in the first place isn't going to plummet to his death with what was effectively a paper-clip holding him up.
It's a clever idea, but the pratfall was never the REASON for the quick release. It was just a byproduct of the quick release.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Listening to the Martha Hart WOR is just bodyblow after bodyblow about what a wretched piece of poo poo Vince McMahon is.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
who the gently caress is making these MS Paint multicolored YouTube thumbnails for the F4W channel? They look like absolute poo poo

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Low Desert Punk posted:

who the gently caress is making these MS Paint multicolored YouTube thumbnails for the F4W channel? They look like absolute poo poo

what if it's paisley, you monster

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Kinda bummed that I don't like any of the designs for Owen on the Pro Wrestling Tees shop. I'll probably buy one just for the heck of it, but I'm just not digging them.

Oh, and gently caress Vince McMahon.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Was correcting exams while listening to Dave and Bryan answering listener questions about Owen Hart.
Got to a question about Owen not being in a program with Shawn Michaels and instead jobbing to Triple H after Montreal.
Dave answered very carefully that Shawn has always said there was a plan to do Owen vs Shawn after Montreal but dammit, Vince just didn’t see him at that level, Shawn’s back was hurt so he got put in a program putting over Triple H.
Well I set down my pen, looked at my phone and made the most skeptical noise I can muster without words.
What a set of slime balls.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

HidaO-Win posted:

Was correcting exams while listening to Dave and Bryan answering listener questions about Owen Hart.
Got to a question about Owen not being in a program with Shawn Michaels and instead jobbing to Triple H after Montreal.
Dave answered very carefully that Shawn has always said there was a plan to do Owen vs Shawn after Montreal but dammit, Vince just didn’t see him at that level, Shawn’s back was hurt so he got put in a program putting over Triple H.
Well I set down my pen, looked at my phone and made the most skeptical noise I can muster without words.
What a set of slime balls.

Shawn Michaels has always been a piece of poo poo, and he’s hilariously doing more harm to WWE/wrestling now than he was when he was the top star in the company. Vince deserves him.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

A few weeks ago clips from what is like the one Shawn Michaels shoot interview he did outside WWE were put up on youtube and it's loving bizarre to see Shawn circa 2000 - his eyes are looking in the same direction and he has a wad of tobacco the size of my fist just casually tucked in. Anyway here he is pushing the "I wanted to work with Owen but Vince didnt see him as a main event guy and wanted to get Triple H over" narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTASiLQ14Q

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I know, broken record, but every time Bryan goes "and we are TOTALLY out of time", and I remember it's due to a weird quirk of WON/F4W's weird rear end hosting, I get completely unnecessarily frustrated.

Move that poo poo to Libysn, password protect it, and let it go AS LONG AS THE SAN JOSE STEAMROLLER DEMANDS

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

blast0rama posted:

I know, broken record, but every time Bryan goes "and we are TOTALLY out of time", and I remember it's due to a weird quirk of WON/F4W's weird rear end hosting, I get completely unnecessarily frustrated.

Move that poo poo to Libysn, password protect it, and let it go AS LONG AS THE SAN JOSE STEAMROLLER DEMANDS

Bryan's 90 minute limit is almost certainly not just because of website constraints. I'm sure that's a factor, but I'm also imagining that Bryan just wants to go to bed. I can't imagine having kids ages 4 and 1 and staying up until 3am with Dave talking about the finer points of why WWE sucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And when the merger happened the shows all had theoretical agreed to time limits because of both of their schedules.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Does anybody subscribe to VoW's patreon? Is it worth it if you like the flagship?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Does anybody subscribe to VoW's patreon? Is it worth it if you like the flagship?

Everyone I know who subscribes loves the extra stuff and talk about Joe's reviews and rants and poo poo more than the Flagship.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

MJeff posted:

For sure. Rich just does a lot of recaps of old WWF ppvs, but Joe’s stuff is more interesting. Last year he insanely covered every night (including tags) of the G1, BoSJ, and Championship Carnival. And he did a spoiler free bit at the top of every episode telling you what was good and what was skippable.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rich sucking at NBA Jam and blaming the controls even though he allegedly played it as a kid was definitely worth the $5

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

blast0rama posted:

rip sin limite

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smoking Crow posted:

rip sin limite
Bring back Sin Limite :negative:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dave posted:

Oh I cried and cried and cried. It was... very difficult to watch. And then I watched it a second time.

What a professional.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The bryan and vinny double or nothing post show will be live on twitch

I now wish this was a tna pay per view

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Arbite posted:

What a professional.

Also the part where someone came round wanting to watch the Dino Bravo episode and Dave said nope we're watching this one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

njsykora posted:

Also the part where someone came round wanting to watch the Dino Bravo episode and Dave said nope we're watching this one.

I cracked up at that, and also wondered how many disparate groups of people show up to Dave's house to watch sad wrestling docs like he's the Alamo Drafthouse of CTE.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped our new Rudocast Episode talking AEW Dynamite and previewing Double or Nothing! Also, Scotty learns about Thirst Traps for the first time and Steve reveals his idea for a new denim label.

Youtube Video Version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDnjTLTikSM

Audio Version:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rudos-podcast/id1468336480
https://open.spotify.com/show/2SqoJSz5Ans40LZIfwFrIg?si=AyQkpWCoSR6cVEY-ypXvhg
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hardlaser-audio/rudos-podcast?refid=stpr
https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9ydWRvc3BvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The WOR interview with Martha Hart is fantastic. She seems like a great person, and told some really interesting stories. If you haven't listened to it yet you should.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sleep with the vicious posted:

The WOR interview with Martha Hart is fantastic. She seems like a great person, and told some really interesting stories. If you haven't listened to it yet you should.

I'm sitting on it until next week because I can only take so much sadbrains inside of a week. The Owen doc plus the Shad stuff was...a lot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave recorded a renegade interview with Ross Hart on his own! Garrett added a short intro to explain it was recorded phone to phone so the audio might not be crystal clear...

We cut to Dave and as he introduces Ross it sounds like it was recorded in Alex From Puerto Rico's phone booth. Ross's audio sounds fine though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Leave Dave alone for 5 minutes without a chaperone and he'll have somehow done a one hour interview.

What I'm saying is that Dave needs to be left unchaperoned more.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Leave Dave alone for 5 minutes without a chaperone and he'll have somehow done a one hour interview.

What I'm saying is that Dave needs to be left unchaperoned more.

Looking forward to Dave telling Ross Hart about his life for an hour then :allears:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Does anyone know when to DON is gonna be over and the Twitch show will begin? Ideally in hours from now?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

Does anyone know when to DON is gonna be over and the Twitch show will begin? Ideally in hours from now?
The PPV proper will begin 6 hours and 5 minutes from now, so presuming it's a ~4 hr show like Revolution, the Twitch show would begin in very roughly 10-ish hours from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dunbar posted:

The PPV proper will begin 6 hours and 5 minutes from now, so presuming it's a ~4 hr show like Revolution, the Twitch show would begin in very roughly 10-ish hours from now.

Exactly the response I was looking for, thanks bud!