Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I'm fully opaquepilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

A Buttery Pastry posted:

According to yospos that's $0.1
god i wish, id be so much wealthier than I am now haha

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
there can only be one pill

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

yeah it's definitely not medical schools and insurance companies doing this

dont the doctors' lobby groups push for this as well, like the AMA and stuff

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Gonna need a definitive list of professions/jobs that are cspam approved/condemned

It would be interesting to know the percentage of this thread that has been able to WFH

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Thesaurus posted:

Gonna need a definitive list of professions/jobs that are cspam approved/condemned

It would be interesting to know the percentage of this thread that has been able to WFH

Hell I'm literally a computer toucher but my office decided that they needed a few people to keep coming in.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Doctors are either working class or middle class depending on their amount of investment. IT fucklords too.

Working class = all your money comes from labor. If you stop laboring you are immediately in crisis.
Middle class = some amount of your money comes from labor and some from investments. You could stop working, but your quality of life would be impacted
Upper class = all your money comes from investments and rents. If you have a job at all you could stop working without concern

If you show up at the hospital every day and punch the clock so that you can pay rent you're working class.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think this makes them petite bourgeoisie. They align themselves with the haute bourgeoisie ideologically and attempt to do so socially, and they exploit labor, but they do not have enough accumulated capital to just be a capitalist.

I too want to see how someone could end up so wrong. Even at the lowest estimate, with 6 figgies being 100k and 7 figgies being a million, you end up at 550k for 6.5 figures. $316K is like 6.2 figgies at most, so claiming it as 6.5 figgies is clearly yospos trying to steal valor from people richer than themselves. Their brains have turned to mush through excessive bourgeois morality.

Figgies are not a simple measure of power, given that any given figgy covers a range of numbers where there's a factor ten difference between the high and low end.

People can't be held responsible for corona-induced loss of taste!

DrPossum posted:

code:
figgies = log10(salary)+1
salary = 10^(figgies-1)

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Irradiation posted:

316k is halfway between 100,000 and 1,000,000 on a log scale. That's all there is to it.

amazing

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
UK antibody tests show roughly 5% prevalence. Using the 42K probable deaths figure from the NHS means 1.2-1.3% IFR. Slightly higher than the 1.15% in Spain and 0.8% in France but consistent with a ~1% death rate overall (in Europe at least).

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
just lmao if you didn't already know that 500,000/year is 6.69 figgies.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

shovelbum posted:

dont the doctors' lobby groups push for this as well, like the AMA and stuff

The AMA has a controversial reputation as an advocacy group. Only 20% of docs are members, so they don't really represent doctors in general.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Great news, I get to go back to the office on the 1st. We all get antibody blood tests that they claim can also detect the virus one time and we will all be safe. Social distancing, what's that?

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

UK antibody tests show roughly 5% prevalence. Using the 42K probable deaths figure from the NHS means 1.2-1.3% IFR. Slightly higher than the 1.15% in Spain and 0.8% in France but consistent with a ~1% death rate overall (in Europe at least).

Nice to see more and better seroprevalence tests coming out. Soon we'll be able to tease out how much of a difference age and obesity demographics matter to determine the USA bonus multiplier.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Oil! posted:

Great news, I get to go back to the office on the 1st. We all get antibody blood tests that they claim can also detect the virus one time and we will all be safe. Social distancing, what's that?

congrats!

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

should I become a computer toucher

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

you are, you're here, you just have to start charging money now

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Starks posted:

should I become a computer toucher

ur touching one right now

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
even republicans don't care about alabama, that's why this is hardly getting any coverage outside of maybe 4 minutes a day, but here's that 4 minutes:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1263579317935603712

It's getting loving bad.

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And since that's the mayor of

1) a city

and

2) a black city

America doesn't loving care.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1263564108370247682
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1263564050090229760
https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/1263567227086913542
https://twitter.com/AmerIndependent/status/1263567253494251533

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Hell I'm literally a computer toucher but my office decided that they needed a few people to keep coming in.

I’m a computer toucher also deemed an essential worker and the only changes to my daily life have been wearing a mask and avoiding the hell out of other people.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Salt Fish posted:

Doctors are either working class or middle class depending on their amount of investment. IT fucklords too.

Working class = all your money comes from labor. If you stop laboring you are immediately in crisis.
Middle class = some amount of your money comes from labor and some from investments. You could stop working, but your quality of life would be impacted
Upper class = all your money comes from investments and rents. If you have a job at all you could stop working without concern

If you show up at the hospital every day and punch the clock so that you can pay rent you're working class.

this is such a narrow view & does not account for various forms of ongoing thievery & fraud which are the responsibility of each employee to perpetrate upon the managerial class & which the managerial classes perpetrate themselves

u can be middle or upper class & hav to go to work every day 2 keep a scheme going. grift is the one thing that unites labor across class divisions

i am proud 2 be an american worker

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

APPROVED
rambler
rabble-rouser
do-gooder
person who outwits the devil in a folk tale
vigilante
art making person
master of the flying guillotine
horse

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

NEUTRAL
alchemist
device toucher (all devices)
“humpin it”
yurt inspector

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Squizzle posted:

APPROVED
art making person

strong disagree

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BAD
money mover arounder
lanyard
pharma executive

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

twoday posted:

loudspeaker playing from a truck driving slowly past your house:

American citizens, there is no need for the senseless economic ruin of your nation. The virus is not your enemy. If you surrender, you will be treated well. You will be served plenty of good, hot food and have access to the finest beaches. If you fall ill, you will be treated with the finest ventilators and the safest of malaria medications.

for a split second i had a brain fart about the malaria thing and was like, wait they are bringing back pyrotherapy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
By and large the era of private practice doctors is mostly dead. Killed by massive hospitals that compete and insurance companies refusing to let them in the ppo barn. The giant hospital groups tell em let us absorb you or we will crush you. So pretty much every doctor now is a contractor and nobody actually works directly for the hospital unless they are admin.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
besides ones your income gets up to 500k it isnt 6 figgies anymore its half a mil. no one says 6 figgies meaning 900k

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
sometimes you hump it, sometimes it humps you

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

I’ve been 100% wfh since March 13th and I’ve expected work from home when necessary privileges as a condition of employment for eight years

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Squizzle posted:

APPROVED
person who outwits the devil in a folk tale

hell yeah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Squizzle posted:

BAD
money mover arounder
lanyard
pharma executive

Bad
Landlord
Instagram Influence
AirBnB

Good:
Those Guys that setup the Frye Festival

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

I work retail and am lucky if me and my spouse make $25k for the whole year haha lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

clockwork chaos posted:

I work retail and am lucky if me and my spouse make $25k for the whole year haha lmao

$15 minimum wage is super needed

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Admiral Ray posted:

$23 minimum wage is super needed

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I’ve been 100% wfh since March 13th and I’ve expected work from home when necessary privileges as a condition of employment for eight years

was work from home from March 20th till May 9th and my job is 100% computer touching but in an automotive retail environment so welp

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Someone I know is having a full on wedding and reception.

In Iowa.

In 2 weeks.

Some of the people going are from counties where like 2% of the population have tested positive.

:tif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

is that the one that matches inflation from the onset of the minimum wage