Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm loving the way the new Waaagh mechanic encourages you to be aggressive and attack entire regions. Since you don't get a full Waaagh stack right away you need to build it up over time and what better way to do that than to attack a province's outlying regions before converging on your Waaagh target?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
This may sound a bit silly, but is there a mod that reduces the maximum amount of units a Lord can have? I find fights with around 5-8 units way more fun than the massive, massive army battles.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I think I'm not getting orks, I feel like all my units are made of tissue paper.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Gorelab posted:

I think I'm not getting orks, I feel like all my units are made of tissue paper.

You need to send more orcs.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Firstborn posted:

This may sound a bit silly, but is there a mod that reduces the maximum amount of units a Lord can have? I find fights with around 5-8 units way more fun than the massive, massive army battles.

I think this is easily modable and we had talked about it before. But I don't think there is a mod that does this currently.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Turn 88 and Ulthuan is returned to it's rightful ruler:

Super weird campaign so far, I took Tor Yvresse from Eltharion around turn 30 and by then Morathi had already conquered 90% of Ulthuan.

Explosive Goblin arrows are the best thing.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gorelab posted:

Same. I feel like its the same old "get in a tough fight, sit around for 5 turns recovering while the AI recruits two more full stacks" and I'm not having much fun. Also ambushing doesnt work anymore.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Those dragon fights are not messing around. Even the Sun Dragon one is a high tier Tomb King stack (4 Tomb Guard and a bunch of constructs) along with aerial support in the form of FOUR Phoenixes (2 Flamespyre, 2 Arcane) and the dragon's own 10k unbreakable self (the Sun Dragon has Rebirth too).

And yes, that's 70% Fire Resist on all the phoenixes, along with 105% resist on the dragon. Hope you're not leaning too hard into Imrik's gimmick if you try and take that one early.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Krok'gar war decs me just as my waaaagh bar tops out and I finish with imrik and am looking for an enemy.

Lizards back on the menu

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Having fun taking the fight to the dwarfs, couple small bugs are ruining it for me though - when levelling up the click/confirmation sound doesn't always play, and on the campaign map it occasionally refuses to let me select/target a stack. Has anyone else noticed these?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
For Grom, I just play like an rear end in a top hat and have Grom + some trolls tie enemies up while my 15+ archers melt them and rarely take casualties unless I'm fighting 3 stacks. Grom is a good fighter, attacks while moving, and has regeneration, so don't be afraid to have him in the thick of it.

Sending the troll hag he starts with to vortex spell the enemy/summon a rogue idol (it hurts your own troops when it collapses so don't use it near them) as they approach helps a lot too.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

my loving goblins are like insanely tanky now. grom, scrap armor upgrade, tech upgrades and theyre insane.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Same. I feel like its the same old "get in a tough fight, sit around for 5 turns recovering while the AI recruits two more full stacks" and I'm not having much fun. Also ambushing doesnt work anymore.

The new troll hero seems pretty mandatory since she increases recovery.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I haven't done new greenskins yet but please don't tell me they, too, are now best running archer doom stacks.

I love me some ranged but even on normal, and vastly more so once those battles become too easy and you up the difficulty, one of the biggest problems with this game after the obvious stuff like sieges is how hard it pushes you into ranged play in campaign. It reminds me of FotS-yeah it's fun to watch the AI replay the losers of "Last Samurai" a few times but the campaign has lots of battles.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

queeb posted:

my loving goblins are like insanely tanky now. grom, scrap armor upgrade, tech upgrades and theyre insane.

Yeah, there's some obvious upgrades with the scrap mechanic rather than sidegrades. Extra armour or missile block chance on Orcs and Goblins infantry units or PERFECT VIGOUR Nasty Skulkers is an obvious choice because their problems were never with how strong they were on offense, it was that their defense was pitiful. Extra armour means their strong base attack stats get the job done for a longer time.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I haven't done new greenskins yet but please don't tell me they, too, are now best running archer doom stacks.

It's a Grom only buff. His cauldron gives some insane army bonuses, such as flaming or exploding Gobbo arrows.

Greenskin archers do have some bonuses to make them not useless, namely the scrap upgrade that gives them some base AP damage. They're not the ultimate archers, but they're no longer total garbage.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Greenskins seem really versatile and like you can play them pretty much however you want once you learn synergies (like the troll hag's replenishment is needed if you wanna get up in faces with the boyz), Grom just buffs the hell out of goblins and archers so that's my cost-efficient way of getting a foothold on VH. Grom gets a RoR war hydra for some reason (maybe others do too? I haven't played this faction since the first game launched) so Greenskins seem like a fun monster mash choice. The new trolls are genuinely good too. I don't think it's a Sisters/Darkshards situation.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

queeb posted:

They were tanky before but not many people used them to absorb shots.

Groms leadership buffs and scrap just make them well worth more.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Hm. Is confederation like Norsca only with the DLC? Maybe me playing older greenskins is the problem.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Gorelab posted:

Hm. Is confederation like Norsca only with the DLC? Maybe me playing older greenskins is the problem.

It is not. I confederated the blue & red Orcs that start next to you as Grimgor this afternoon, and I don't have the dlc. You would need the patch though. Maybe you didn't beat the actual faction leader?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This raiding camp change is such a huge buff to norsca.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Azhag starts up north in the mountains near Kislev now on ME. There's so much to play from this patch now drat

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah, he also gets Temperate as a habitable land type.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm really happy that Greenskins now have access to trolls that don't run away every five seconds

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

I used to suck so loving hard at this game that I eventually got tired of losing battles and started trying harder to improve at positioning and unit management. It's good to get results like this now on VH/N.

If you gave me this exact same battle a month ago I would have lost it 10 out of 10 times, so it's nice to feel like I improved :orks101:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anybody have a good mod that makes the chaos invasion more interesting? Seems like there are a few on the workshop but I can't really tell which ones are good or not

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Marin Karin posted:

I used to suck so loving hard at this game that I eventually got tired of losing battles and started trying harder to improve at positioning and unit management. It's good to get results like this now on VH/N.

If you gave me this exact same battle a month ago I would have lost it 10 out of 10 times, so it's nice to feel like I improved :orks101:

What is the unit with like a thousand kills?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tildes posted:

The river troll hag death caster, innit?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

tildes posted:

Looks like the Giant River Troll Hag.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
grom's start isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, if only because brets are weirdly passive about my existence as I try and kill reikland

one province away and they confederate, u g h. The worst part is not even knowing where they are anymore.

the counts have hilariously swooped in and taken over all the ruins

is there any hot cheat sheet to cooking challenges? hag wants fat bones but not pizza and I don't actually see a lot of ingredients/recipes in here that's big on bones

Gorelab posted:

wait what

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Post-patch Grimgor and Da Immortulz are how greenskins should have played since TWWH1. I don't think I've lost a black orc yet, and that includes my friend in head-to-head trying to charge the unit with every dorf he had left from all sides.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 22, 2020

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Heads up; do not try to Co-op with both as Greenskins factions. either by design choice fail or by a massive bugg the campaign is basically unplayable; only ONE of the players can have a Waagh active at a time, so if player 1 starts their Waagh, then player 2 has to wait the full 20 turns until its over.
Waagh button becomes greyed out and red text "Other Player's Waagh is active" is displayed.

I except a lot of bugs and poo poo on a TW new patch but this is up there next to the VCoast ctd bugg a year and half ago.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Does anyone have a good library of Khemri TV? Everything I find is so piecemeal.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Choyi posted:

but this is up there next to the VCoast ctd bugg a year and half ago.

Is it? This seems like a design choice that affects some small number of people who play co-op.

Like yeah it sucks and all, but it's not that. Besides, Greenskins still rock as a co-op faction just because they have an amazing map-wide ability.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Man how the hell am I gonna get centigor milk if all the beastmen get stomped by any irate peasant with a torch? S'ok I guess, didn't want my Rogue Idols to have Immense Power anyway... :smith:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh poo poo, giants are t4 now, probably where they belong.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Anno posted:

Is it? This seems like a design choice that affects some small number of people who play co-op.

Like yeah it sucks and all, but it's not that. Besides, Greenskins still rock as a co-op faction just because they have an amazing map-wide ability.

If you where hyped to play Greenskins with a friend, then yeah it pretty much kills that interest completely, I guess its not as bad as CTD VCoast bugg as you can still play single player, and true doesn't effect those who never play CoOp.

And if its indeed a deliberate design choice then I'm baffled at CA, waiting 40 turns minimum between using the new hyped up main mechanic for the faction is beyond moronic.

Sadly can't get refund either since it took 4+ hours of play until we discovered this fact too.

Edit: Also worth to mention the game also soft locked 3 us times, no mods or anything. Just the usual TW CoOp experience.

Choyi fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 22, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It seems like simultaneous waaaghs would be a steamroll and this isn't a big deal since the idea of co-op is working together

Also I don't think they add tooltips for bugs

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Does anyone have a good library of Khemri TV? Everything I find is so piecemeal.

https://imgur.com/r/totalwar/ewVdS
This got linked a few pages back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
e: ^^^ thanks!

I wonder if you can have multiple WAAAGH!!s going in head-to-head? It kinda sucks for co-op since there are some amazing RoR's gated behind trophies, including a goddamn hydra.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 22, 2020